Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

** OFFICIAL ** Cleveland Indians thread - Rondon shouldn’t throw pitches in the dirt.

Great effort from both pens. Glad we didn't squander the opp.Freakin 5ip of one hit ball from Durbin and Hermann.Get to Porcello tonight early and often!

:goodposting:
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All signs pointing to EE in at DH tomorrow.  I also just found out that I have a ticket waiting for me in CLE for the game! First time at an Indians game in Progressive Field!  Even though it's a

"New York, you've just been shut out. Now here's Corey Kluber"

What a game!!!!  Lindor to drive in Naquin with his last strike and two outs in the 9th!!!! Then Ramirez with the aggressive double in  the 10th and Bruce to drive him in for the win!  Big t

Good to see we got to Porcello and got the W. I can safely say that now "We are all Kipnises". :bow:

I was afraid that we could've gotten blown out in this series and the season would be pretty much over...but not now! :pickle:

Hopefully, Verlander doesn't no-hit us tonight. :mellow:

Dare I say Ubaldo and Masterson are going to be a great 1-2 punch down the stretch? :boxing: Then you got Tomlin eating up quality innings...Huff maybe throwing like he did pre-demotion...rested bullpen... Kipnis...

Masterson supposedly moved up to Friday since he only had 30-some pitches Tuesday night.

I'm feeling greedy tonight...

Will take 4-3 in the 6th. Gonna be a couple big innings for Fausto here. Good game so far.

He had some rough spots there. Keeping the opposition to under 8 runs is huge for him. <_<

Will take 4-3 in the 6th. Gonna be a couple big innings for Fausto here. Good game so far.

He had some rough spots there. Keeping the opposition to under 8 runs is huge for him. <_<
yep...thought he pitched well though...could have been enough against mediocre pitchingStill have 9 left against Tigers though.

By taking the first two of three games against Minnesota after winning two of three from the Tigers, Cleveland has won consecutive series for the first time since winning three in a row over Arizona, Cincinnati and the New York Yankees from June 27 to July 6.

Tribe getting hot at the right time, good luck Indians

By taking the first two of three games against Minnesota after winning two of three from the Tigers, Cleveland has won consecutive series for the first time since winning three in a row over Arizona, Cincinnati and the New York Yankees from June 27 to July 6.Tribe getting hot at the right time, good luck Indians

:thumbup:

By taking the first two of three games against Minnesota after winning two of three from the Tigers, Cleveland has won consecutive series for the first time since winning three in a row over Arizona, Cincinnati and the New York Yankees from June 27 to July 6.Tribe getting hot at the right time, good luck Indians

+2

+2
Losing 2 of 3 to the Sox will be the beginning of the end.

+2
I'm sorry, but at what point this season have you guys not sucked? I'll take your answer off air. :bye:

+2
I'm sorry, but at what point this season have you guys not sucked? I'll take your answer off air. :bye:
How about when the Indians were the other team on the field? I don't think they sucked then.To add...They haven't won 8 of 10?They didn't claw back to .500 (multiple times :( ) after being 11-22?They don't have the 3rd best road record in the AL (behind only NYY and BOS)Lots of good about the White Sox. Lots of '7 games under .500 since April' in the Indians.

+2
How about when the Indians were the other team on the field? I don't think they sucked then.To add...They haven't won 8 of 10?They didn't claw back to .500 (multiple times :( ) after being 11-22?They don't have the 3rd best road record in the AL (behind only NYY and BOS)Lots of good about the White Sox. Lots of '7 games under .500 since April' in the Indians.
And yet you still trail us in the standings. :bye:

How about that new Ace of yours? Nothing like mortgaging the future for a guy that gives up jacks to the likes of Juan Pierre.

Our ace pitches Thursday.Doesn't look like much was going to stop you guys from hitting tonight. Painting lines, finding gaps, triples out of the you know what (although De Aza was just out...another rough call against the Tribe tonight)...Hermann normally does not start that inning but the rally probably left Acta with no choice since he was already warmed. Looks like it's shaping up to be another doozy of a series between these guys.

Go Sipp!

Some REAL questionable calls tonight.

Wouldn't even call them questionable. They were total :bs:.
:goodposting: Home plate ump gave Ubaldo NOTHING on the outside corner, yet WhiteSUX pitcher gets anything that could be reached with a boat oar. :hot:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Those are definitely the way to go. If you used words you'd have to agree...although you may not have seen the same replays and pitch zone replays we did. Honestly I hate complaining about umps in baseball (usually the home plate ump sucks for both teams) but last night was disgusting at the plate and on the bases. The 2nd base ump was great though.

Huge win last night as Buehrle has owned the Indians over his career and the WS have owned Carmona.Masterson tonight for the series win! :thumbup:

Just a thought, but do you think having Ubaldo on staff now has caused Fausto to step up his game a bit? Manning & Underwood were talking about him sitting at the back of the team bus last night, kinda in his own zone, seemingly very focused.

Huge win last night as Buehrle has owned the Indians over his career and the WS have owned Carmona.

Masterson tonight for the series win! :thumbup:

Just a thought, but do you think having Ubaldo on staff now has caused Fausto to step up his game a bit? Manning & Underwood were talking about him sitting at the back of the team bus last night, kinda in his own zone, seemingly very focused.
Seems like it so far...hasn't given up more than 4 ER in each of his last 4 starts. Although the 4 starts before the trade he also pitched very well so who knows.

Huge win last night as Buehrle has owned the Indians over his career and the WS have owned Carmona.

Masterson tonight for the series win! :thumbup:

Seems like it so far...hasn't given up more than 4 ER in each of his last 4 starts. Although the 4 starts before the trade he also pitched very well so who knows.
He has been pretty good lately and I think last night was more about the White Sox than Ubaldo. Hopefully it will be another turning point in his season and turns into lights-out Fausto. We'd be pretty tough to beat down the stretch.

Oh, and where's Limpy in this thread? He's kinda :missing: today. :lmao:

Oh for Christ's sake. Yeah! I'm one to go hide. Congrats on winning 2 of 9 vs the Sox.
Now 3 of 9. Even at that, you're still in 3rd place. :bye:

PROGRAMMING NOTE:

September 10th's game against the White Sux has been picked up by FOX and will be at 4:05 instead of the regularly scheduled time.

Hopefully Buck & McCarver aren't doing the game. :yucky:

Oh, and where's Limpy in this thread? He's kinda :missing: today. :lmao:

Oh for Christ's sake. Yeah! I'm one to go hide. Congrats on winning 2 of 9 vs the Sox.
Now 3 of 9. Even at that, you're still in 3rd place. :bye:
And you still have Ubaldo:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Even if they win the division, it's doubtful they will do anything in the playoffs.

Same with anyone in the division. Chip and a chair.
:lmao::cry:
:hophead: First of all I posted that before the end of the game...second of all I disagree that your team is even in the same breath as Boston/NYY/Tex, if that is what you are implying. I've said it all year in the thread...you just gotta get in and anything can happen.

Even if they win the division, it's doubtful they will do anything in the playoffs.

:hophead: First of all I posted that before the end of the game...second of all I disagree that your team is even in the same breath as Boston/NYY/Tex, if that is what you are implying. I've said it all year in the thread...you just gotta get in and anything can happen.
Everyone would want to play Cleveland, no one would want to play a team with Justin Verlander in a five game series. I'm sure you understand this.

Everyone would want to play Cleveland, no one would want to play a team with Justin Verlander in a five game series. I'm sure you understand this.
I understand you have an ace. That doesn't change my opinion about anything. Boston and NY have aces too.

I understand you have an ace. That doesn't change my opinion about anything. Boston and NY have aces too.

The point was Cleveland and the Chicago don't have that quality of an ace. Verlander is an equalizer, who can actually give a lesser Detroit team an advantage over better teams for 2 or 3 games in a series. Then it is just a matter of Detroit getting lucky in one of the other games to pull off a major upset. Over a season with Verlander pitching every 5th game, the Tigers aren't much better than Cleveland or Chicago. But in a series with Verlander pitching every third game, the Tigers are far more dangerous than the other teams in the division. And I happen to think, our Ace is a bit better than the other Aces in Boston and NY.

The point was Cleveland and the Chicago don't have that quality of an ace. Verlander is an equalizer, who can actually give a lesser Detroit team an advantage over better teams for 2 or 3 games in a series. Then it is just a matter of Detroit getting lucky in one of the other games to pull off a major upset. Over a season with Verlander pitching every 5th game, the Tigers aren't much better than Cleveland or Chicago. But in a series with Verlander pitching every third game, the Tigers are far more dangerous than the other teams in the division. And I happen to think, our Ace is a bit better than the other Aces in Boston and NY.
Again I understand the point. I don't agree to the extent you guys are taking it, especially if we are going to bring in NY and BOS to the conversation. You guys are essentially giving yourselves 2 or 3 wins in a series and writing it down in permanent marker...I use a pencil that has a big pink eraser on it. If you win the division and Verlander wins his first 5 playoff games, you'll be in the WS imo.And I'm not debating whether or not the Tigers are more suited for the playoffs than any other teams in the Central because of Verlander, they are, although I probably think it's a bit closer than Tigers' fans. No real suprise there.Getting in is half the battle and you guys just took a huge step towards that this weekend. It will be interesting to see if the Tribe can close the gap (yet again) before the next 3 game series in a week and a half. Tribe has 11 home games vs SEA/KC/OAK (followed by 3 in KC) before that series...so they certainly have a shot of at least doing their part.

And those aces can and do lose in the playoffs. What happens if Verlander is a tough luck 2-1 loser to CC in a game 1? Now you have to win TWO without him, and given your record without Verlander (something way below .500 IIRC from listening to the Tigers feed yesterday), you're probably toast. Could it happen? Like Bobcat said, anything can happen in October.

I asked this in the Detroit Tigers thread as well:If both teams were warned, why wasnt Valverde tossed after hitting a batter in the 9th? Isnt that automatic?

Dr. D already responded in the other thread. I would imagine that the umpire should use discretion as to whether or not it was intentional. Obviously, it wasn't intentional unless Valverde is a complete moron.
  • Tom Servo changed the title to ** OFFICIAL ** Cleveland Indians thread - Rondon shouldn’t throw pitches in the dirt.