What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** OFFICIAL ** Cleveland Guardians thread - spring training (2 Viewers)

Tribe takes game 1 of the day/night doubleheader wearing ugly green hats. :yucky:

Hopefully Carmona can put the time getting his head out of his rear end on the DL to good use and start pitching like 2007.

Is there really any chance they go get Beltran?

CF Brantley

SS A Cab

DH Hafner

LF Beltran

RF Choo

C Santana

2B O Cab

1B LaPorta

3B Chisenhall

Yes please

Is there really any chance they go get Beltran?CF BrantleySS A CabDH HafnerLF BeltranRF ChooC Santana2B O Cab1B LaPorta3B ChisenhallYes please
Depends how much they are willing to open up the prospect pocketbook.I don't think they are trading Pomeranz...and probably not White. I would hope if that is the case that everyone else is available to make a major upgrade. I'm pretty sure we have enough prospect depth to get something done without giving up our two brightest arms on the horizon.

Is there really any chance they go get Beltran?CF BrantleySS A CabDH HafnerLF BeltranRF ChooC Santana2B O Cab1B LaPorta3B ChisenhallYes please
Depends how much they are willing to open up the prospect pocketbook.I don't think they are trading Pomeranz...and probably not White. I would hope if that is the case that everyone else is available to make a major upgrade. I'm pretty sure we have enough prospect depth to get something done without giving up our two brightest arms on the horizon.
agree I think Pom and White are pretty much untouchable, especially for a rental player. I would try McAlister or Gomez and maybe Phelps. Could even structure something like we did with the CC trade.. player to be named depending on the Tribe making the playoffs or not.

Terrible loss. :thumbdown:
Luis Valbuena came in to run for Buck and stayed in the game in LF, just the second time in his career he's played in the OF. The other came on Aug. 19, 2010, at Kansas City.
There wasn't anyone else to play LF? Any other OF'er makes the play on the GW single, imo.
Not only do they make that play, they are not playing with their heels on the track on the broken bat double by Cuddyer.The issue was Brantley was a late scratch from the game and Buck was hit in the head by a pitch...they are not carrying a true 5th OF.

I was rooting for them and will root for them against the Sux or Twins as long as the Tigers are within striking distance. I would rather this be a two team race in Septemebr, not a four team race and I certainly want the Twins out of it based on recent history. Tough loss, I thought you guys had it with the way the Twins have been hitting in this series.

Luis Valbuena came in to run for Buck and stayed in the game in LF, just the second time in his career he's played in the OF. The other came on Aug. 19, 2010, at Kansas City.
There wasn't anyone else to play LF? Any other OF'er makes the play on the GW single, imo.
Not only do they make that play, they are not playing with their heels on the track on the broken bat double by Cuddyer.The issue was Brantley was a late scratch from the game and Buck was hit in the head by a pitch...they are not carrying a true 5th OF.
No clue why Valbuena was playing so deep there.No Brantley, Choo, Sizemore, or Buck today either. Have no idea how this team is still in 1st place.

Clearly we're not getting a big bat...probably because of what we won't give up, right or wrong.

I think mgt is going to string this out to near the deadline and we'll be like 4 out of first...therefore making their no trade call easier to manage. Willingham or Ludwick won't win us anything. I'm slightly intrigued by getting both Ludwick and Harang, but just slightly.

I still have hope overall...it's just starting to diminish. We have a nice core and some more nice players on the way. Games like tonight and the last two in Minny just bother me. With so many games left vs the Central anything can happen...and quickly. If we teeter totter with the Tigers til Sept I'll be pretty happy.

For the love of God don't trade any of your best young prospects. This team isn't winning jack #### this year.
Agreed. I think we don't have to worry about that though.Loving the 52pts from Erv for the fantasy team today! Goes along way to winning total points in a tight league.

Very good trade by the Indians for the future. Jiminez is a # 1 starter under contract at a very fair salary.

can't believe they had to give up White and Pomerantz. Seems like a lot. Guess they like what they have seen from Huff, Gomez and McAlister.

As first reported by The Denver Post, the Rockies will receive a package of four players: left-handed pitcher Drew Pomeranz, right-handed pitchers Alex White and Joe Gardner, and catcher/first baseman Matt McBride.

That's a lot to pay but you can't blame the Indians for giving it a shot. Ubaldo is a proven commodity and this division has a serious case of the suck.

That's a lot to pay but you can't blame the Indians for giving it a shot. Ubaldo is a proven commodity and this division has a serious case of the suck.
In watching Ubaldo this year I think something is up with his arm - he's lost about 4-5mph and he's afraid to throw a fastball by people - so he nibbles around and gets burned by the walks. In the last month he has pitched better - but the arm issue has gotten to his head.

Ya I think I'm with you. Ubaldo controlled for 3 more seasons. And who really knows...maybe it's not alot to pay. I did like what I've seen from White though.

Ya I think I'm with you. Ubaldo controlled for 3 more seasons. And who really knows...maybe it's not alot to pay. I did like what I've seen from White though.

I did too. However, the thing that I think about is whether his finger is going to continue to give him problems like it has for Adam Miller. Maybe not to the same extent, but it is a possibility.

The Indians have to lead the league in games won in their last AB.
And now we've lost 2 in a row walk-off style. :wall:
Still take a split with them if we can get it. We got Masterson on the mound and he should be pretty focused tonight. It's unfortunate we've booted the ball around so much lately...it's really been the underlying factor in losing games of late...but we shoulda seen that coming given Kipnis doesn't look that comfy out at 2b.

Sorta need 2 of 3 here...and really the first 2. Carmona hasn't been horrid of late, but Verlander probably will no-hit us.

Fister v Masterson

Porcello v Ubaldo

Verlander v Carmona

Great effort from both pens. Glad we didn't squander the opp.

Freakin 5ip of one hit ball from Durbin and Hermann.

Get to Porcello tonight early and often!

Users who are viewing this thread