What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

the vikings and play-action/delay runs (1 Viewer)

strong

Footballguy
i watch the vikings quite a bit, and it seems they rarely play-action, especially with peterson in there. anyone else notice this and why wouldn't they do it more? lack of deep threats?

also, this last sunday was the first time i can remember a "pass-fake" delayed handoff to peterson. it worked very well--about 8 yards or so in the redzone. this is a more dangerous play for them with favre playing good qb for them--teams have to respect the pass a bit.

i watch the vikings quite a bit, and it seems they rarely play-action, especially with peterson in there. anyone else notice this and why wouldn't they do it more? lack of deep threats?
Well it's certainly not from a lack of deep threats. Rice, Berrian and Harvin are all threats when they get the ball.

really? ... they play action a lot
Seems to happen more frequently when Taylor is in there.Need more Albert Young and less A. Peterson imo.
The biggest play on their final drive was a play action fake to Peterson, fake the pass to the outside, then a thrown screen pass to AP that gained 44 yards. I think the biggest reason they don't use PA that much is that you take a blocker away when you use PA and the Vikings need to protect Favre against all costs. As for the draw, I agree. I wish they would run more draw plays with Peterson. It seems to be a play they use only with Taylor for the most part.

I'm STILL waiting for the Vikings to chisel the rust off the Statue of Liberty play and toast some DBs/DCs deep this year. :goodposting:

Hand it off to Peterson, have him get up towards the line, and flip it back to Favre. Meanwhile, Rice/Berrian/Harvin (whomever) move towards the inside and take a quick fake blocking posture, draw those safeties up, and then high-tail it back to the outside. Almost seems like it would be a free 6-7 points if they wanted to take it. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm STILL waiting for the Vikings to chisel the rust off the Statue of Liberty play and toast some DBs/DCs deep this year. :confused:

Hand it off to Peterson, have him get up towards the line, and flip it back to Favre. Meanwhile, Rice/Berrian/Harvin (whomever) move towards the inside and take a quick fake blocking posture, draw those safeties up, and then high-tail it back to the outside. Almost seems like it would be a free 6-7 points if they wanted to take it. :shrug:
I think you're looking for a Flea Flicker instead of Statue of Liberty, but I haven't seen that play run since Robert Smith was toting the rock.

I'm really anxious to see if they incorporate more "Wildcat" formations after the bye. I think they have only done one or two, but you can't argue with the results so far.

Users who are viewing this thread