What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greg Jennings (1 Viewer)

Just reacquired Jennings after trading him in the offseason. You can expect Jennings to have bump in his numbers going forward because he and i have a wonderful working relationship. :goodposting:

He's getting lots of targets over the last 5 weeks. I can't see double digit targets and low production continuing. I think either the targets will go down or his numbers will go up...

I have a good mind to drop this bum (Jennings) for Laveranues Coles this week who is still on my waiver wire. When I compare the two, Coles has had much more consistent scoring over the last 4 games played as compared to Jennings. Sometimes I think in FF we get too caught up on the name of the player and not the production of the player. Jennings has the name, but his production sucks this year!
And the other side to that would be, sometimes we get all giddy about the new "it" guy and drop guys we shouldn't. There's usually a reason why we get caught up on the name of the player, especially when he's the most targeted WR on a high powered offense like Jennings is.I got him for dirt cheap in a trade, have been starting him as a #3 WR, and will continue to do so.

Looks like Finley will be back this week. Should cause some matchup problems for SF, and make it tougher to double up on Jennings.

SF is #3 vs the run and #29 vs the pass. Rodgers might throw 50 passes this week.

He's getting lots of targets over the last 5 weeks. I can't see double digit targets and low production continuing. I think either the targets will go down or his numbers will go up...
It's the "Jordy Nelson Effect" for the three weeks he missed.When Jordy Nelson has played, here are Jennings numbers:6.2 Targets/Game3.5 Recs/Game58.2 Yards/Game& 1 TD in six games...but when Nelson did not play in weeks 7, 8, & 9, then Jennings' received more looks to make it seem like he has been more involved:10 Targets/Game6 Recs/Game67 Yards/Game& 1 TD in 3 gamesLast week Jordan returned and Jennings targets went right back down to 7.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the "Jordy Nelson Effect" for the three weeks he missed.When Jordy Nelson has played, here are Jennings numbers:6.2 Targets/Game3.5 Recs/Game58.2 Yards/Game& 1 TD in six games...but when Nelson did not play in weeks 7, 8, & 9, then Jennings' received more looks to make it seem like he has been more involved:10 Targets/Game6 Recs/Game67 Yards/Game& 1 TD in 3 gamesLast week Jordan returned and Jennings targets went right back down to 7.
It is settled. Jordy Nelson > Jennings.

...7, which made him the top targeted WR on the team.

It's the "Jordy Nelson Effect" for the three weeks he missed.When Jordy Nelson has played, here are Jennings numbers:

6.2 Targets/Game

3.5 Recs/Game

58.2 Yards/Game

& 1 TD in six games

...but when Nelson did not play in weeks 7, 8, & 9, then Jennings' received more looks to make it seem like he has been more involved:

10 Targets/Game

6 Recs/Game

67 Yards/Game

& 1 TD in 3 games

Last week Jordan returned and Jennings targets went right back down to 7.
I have one question about this:what happened in the Minn game?

Because I started him there - heck I've been starting him - but in that game I had high expectations of a Favre/Rodgers shootout and sure enough it delivered Jennings' one really good game since Week 1.

So what happened there? Late game heroics + comeback? Or were Jordan and Finley non-factors?

Because this is feeling and looking like a role-change to me, with McCarthy obviously having gone to some kind of spread it around philosophy.

I also for the life of me cannot understand why or how McCarthy cannot devise a way to improve Rodgers' protection. Nelson, Finley, Havner, Jones.... why not stop shuttling receivers in and and out and leave someone in to block and give the brothers on the o-line some help?

I have him benched because it looks like that Minn game was an aberration. But let's face it the pure numbers alone would qualify any other guy not named Jennings for the waiver wire.

I have one question about this:what happened in the Minn game?
Very simple.Three things happened in Week 8 vs. Minnesota which created a perfect storm for Jennings:1) Vikings CB Winfield did not play. He had shut down Jennings in their previous meeting.2) Both WR Nelson and TE Finley were inactive. Fewer weapons for Rodgers that week.3) Scoreboard. GB played from behind for three quarters and threw a bunch. Rodgers 41 attempts that game are his season high.

Dude is a notch above Megadecoy Megaquit Megafail as WR bust of the year. If it wasn't for Megasuck he would have the award locked up. His point totals are at the levels with Lee Evans, Mario Manningham, Austin Collie, and Jeremy Maclin, so sad...

I've got Jennings for the next 2 seasons in my dynasty league and will hold on to him to give GB a chance to fix up that O-line and come up with a better battle plan. But at this point, I'm done starting him week in and week out waiting for that big game to come. Even if he goes off for 100 yards and 2 TDs this Sunday all it tells me is that he's too inconsistant to start every week.

Guys on my roster like J. Charles and M. Wallace seem to do OK based on favorable match-ups, which is something you can't even say for Jennings at this point, so I'm going down that road until something changes.

I also own Jennings, and have since he came into the league. Stating the obvious, he's just not the same this year! He looks very, very fragile and it seems he's lost his explosiveness.

I really believe it has to do with the BIG HIT in the last preseason game (hopefully the DB was fined, suspended, etc.). Don't know how long it will take for him to rebound and man I hope he rebounds!

My take: Good in Dynasty, Bad in 2009 (WR3 or WR4)

Dude is a notch above Megadecoy Megaquit Megafail as WR bust of the year. If it wasn't for Megasuck he would have the award locked up. His point totals are at the levels with Lee Evans, Mario Manningham, Austin Collie, and Jeremy Maclin, so sad...
This isn't even worth the :shrug: I'm giving it.

This isn't even worth the :rolleyes: I'm giving it.
Really? Because he's kind of right. Jennings is a pretty awful receiver this year.

This isn't even worth the :goodposting: I'm giving it.
Really? Because he's kind of right. Jennings is a pretty awful receiver this year.
Jennings has certainly been a bust, I wasn't disputing that part. Calvin hasn't been great but he's been far from a bust. He missed some time due to injury but has been fine outside of that.

This isn't even worth the :confused: I'm giving it.
Jennings has certainly been a bust, I wasn't disputing that part. Calvin hasn't been great but he's been far from a bust. He missed some time due to injury but has been fine outside of that.
Calvin + Jennings = 2 busts.. Plain and simple.

This isn't even worth the :lmao: I'm giving it.
Really 1 TD for a top 5 preseason WR is 'fine' in your opinion?

This isn't even worth the :lmao: I'm giving it.
Really 1 TD for a top 5 preseason WR is 'fine' in your opinion?
Yeah, that is not good. Calvin has been a huge bust this year.

Calvin was hurt. He has an excuse. Jennings was more of a bust because he played (if you can call it that) every week.

Calvin was hurt. He has an excuse. Jennings was more of a bust because he played (if you can call it that) every week.
Jennings was hurt, too -- playing through a wrist injury during the first few weeks, and it appears he's had lingering issues through the season. No question he is way off value compared to his ADP and where most drafted him. I expect he'll have some up and down games, which will make him serviceable, but unreliable.I am surprised that he is ranked so low in this week's FBG rankings against a suspect 49ers pass D. Yes, GB's O-line has been a sieve this year, but I think this is a game where Jennings could actually make something out of his targets.

I just traded away Calvin AND Jennings for Fitz, so rest assured they're both guaranteed to explode down the stretch.

Seriously, if someone had made me that offer to start the year I would have laughed. Now I'm thanking my lucky stars...it's a funny game, this fantasy football.

Starting week 6, here are the number of targets for Jennings and Driver:

Jennings - 8, 8, 12, 10, 7

Driver - 8, 3, 10, 9, 6

Jennings has had more targets in 4 of the five weeks, and was tied with Driver in the other.

FBG's finally on board with the Jennings bust train.....

In our league rankings Jones is now ranked ahead of Jennings - injury factor?

39 James Jones GB vs SF 0 0 0 4 55 0.4 7.9

40 Santana Moss WAS at DAL 0 0 0 4 53 0.4 7.7

41 Greg Jennings GB vs SF 0 0 0 4 52 0.4 7.6

FBG's finally on board with the Jennings bust train.....
:thumbup: For a little perspective, here is a list of Packers who have been in the end zone more than Jennings this season:Ryan GrantDonald DriverSpencer HavnerAaron RodgersJohn KuhnJames Jones

Jennings has underperformed, there is no doubting that. However, he is still the number #1 receiver going forward in Green Bay. Here are the reasons that I think Jennings is still a top 5 dynasty WR:

-Elite speed and ability to adjust to the ball

-Natural hands

-Elite RAC ability

-Tremendous work ethic

-Signed a contract on par with most #1 WR in the NFL

-Has a young, franchise QB throwing to him

-Leads the team in targets most games

He hasn't been the player I thought he would be, but I am definitely holding on to him, and fully expect him to finish the year off very strong.

Here's what kills me:

A guy like Jennings is still undroppable, right?

Take any other WR, plug in Jennings' numbers (I think he's had 3 good weeks out of 9) and he would be WW material.

But you can't do that with Jennings, can you? Have to stick him on the bench where he hogs a roster spot during the playoff run, just on the off chance he might go off for someone else, possibly an opponent, right?

Jennings has underperformed, there is no doubting that. However, he is still the number #1 receiver going forward in Green Bay. Here are the reasons that I think Jennings is still a top 5 dynasty WR:-Elite speed and ability to adjust to the ball-Natural hands-Elite RAC ability-Tremendous work ethic-Signed a contract on par with most #1 WR in the NFL-Has a young, franchise QB throwing to him-Leads the team in targets most gamesHe hasn't been the player I thought he would be, but I am definitely holding on to him, and fully expect him to finish the year off very strong.
Here's the thing, no TD's. What cures that? Rodgers or McCarthy?The irony of the Saints former inept OC killing my FF team several years after he started Aaron Brooks is something else.

-Elite RAC ability
That's what sold me on him this year, and he generally gets his two ways: on deep patterns from outrunning defenders, and after catching a quick slant.The latter has virtually disappeared from the GB playbook. I don't get that at all; the O-line has had issues protecting Rogers (and/or he holds the ball too long), so why not go back to that bread-n-butter 3 step drop quick slant. Just baffling.

-Elite RAC ability
That's what sold me on him this year, and he generally gets his two ways: on deep patterns from outrunning defenders, and after catching a quick slant.The latter has virtually disappeared from the GB playbook. I don't get that at all; the O-line has had issues protecting Rogers (and/or he holds the ball too long), so why not go back to that bread-n-butter 3 step drop quick slant. Just baffling.
MM is a terrible coach, so I wouldn't expect that play to re-appear anytime soon.

Jennings has underperformed, there is no doubting that. However, he is still the number #1 receiver going forward in Green Bay. Here are the reasons that I think Jennings is still a top 5 dynasty WR:-Elite speed and ability to adjust to the ball-Natural hands-Elite RAC ability-Tremendous work ethic-Signed a contract on par with most #1 WR in the NFL-Has a young, franchise QB throwing to him-Leads the team in targets most gamesHe hasn't been the player I thought he would be, but I am definitely holding on to him, and fully expect him to finish the year off very strong.
Here's the thing, no TD's. What cures that? Rodgers or McCarthy?The irony of the Saints former inept OC killing my FF team several years after he started Aaron Brooks is something else.
The TDs will come. I bet he finishes the year with at least 7, and with his skills and their offense...he will score a lot of TDs in future years. The other thing to remember is that Driver will be gone after this season. He is a FA and also getting up there in years, so Jennings' role right now is the smallest it will ever be. The Packers also don't have an elite goal line RB, so that will help Jennings in the red zone. I just think it is silly to sell Jennings right now. No way I would sell in dynasty, and in redraft his possible strong finish is worth more than any player you could get for him.

When I actually look at Jennings, he is WAY undervalued right now. It is amazing how short memories are...he didn't put up the numbers he had last year by accident. I think he one of the best "buy lows" you can find right now.

The TDs will come. I bet he finishes the year with at least 7, and with his skills and their offense...he will score a lot of TDs in future years. The other thing to remember is that Driver will be gone after this season. He is a FA and also getting up there in years, so Jennings' role right now is the smallest it will ever be. The Packers also don't have an elite goal line RB, so that will help Jennings in the red zone. I just think it is silly to sell Jennings right now. No way I would sell in dynasty, and in redraft his possible strong finish is worth more than any player you could get for him.
Completely agree, wish I didn't already own him because he is a great buy low right now.Why do you think Driver is gone next year? Don't you think he and TT come to agreement on a 1-2 year deal that is cap friendly?

I've watched every Packer game and Rogers just doesn't have the time to go deep. I don't care if Jennings is getting 7 targets a game or more, there's something wrong with him. Out of the seven or so targets he'll drop two, and then smile like it's alright. He got paid and has been banged up, he's not the same guy and for this week I've got him benched. Green Bay has too many options to throw to, Jennings is a #3 at best until he can prove otherwise, I'm starting Celek tonight over Jennings-

Perhaps just when you think he's down and out will be the time he has a "good game?"

Is today the day?

He's now iffy for a flex position for our team, along with Barber, who's another piece of work this year :goodposting:

I hate Greg Jennings. Every week I have left a big scorer on the bench for him and this is the he finally gets on the bench.

I was thinking that I'd bench him this week and be happy if he scored because it meant good things to come. Uh, yeah. I'm bummed I don't have his crucial points in the lineup today. Facing Rodgers in a battle for division lead (and playoff berth).

on the bench!

However, that's exactly the type of play that they haven't been running for him. The quick slant, something in the mid range, where they get it to him qiuick, he loses the guy on him and then its off to the races. A safety may or may not bring him down. That is the epitome of Jennings. Hope they wake up after that play and realize what kind of weapon they are missing in the passing attack...

THIS IS WHY I STUCK WITH YOU BUDDY! I shot the little birdie on my shoulder this morning who kept whispering to me to start Donnie Avery instead of Jennings. Shot that bird right square in the mouth with shotgun.

Thought about it but he has been playing well the oline just didn't give Rodgers time. Glad I didn't bench him.

Greg you got some making up to do. :bye:

Users who are viewing this thread