What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greg Jennings (1 Viewer)

Dude is a notch above Megadecoy Megaquit Megafail as WR bust of the year. If it wasn't for Megasuck he would have the award locked up. His point totals are at the levels with Lee Evans, Mario Manningham, Austin Collie, and Jeremy Maclin, so sad...
Thanks for the double Keerock!

FavreCo said:
I just traded away Calvin AND Jennings for Fitz, so rest assured they're both guaranteed to explode down the stretch.
So you are the jinx that ruined these 2 guys this year. Hey, thanks for freeing them. :thumbup:
Sonofa. I'd still make that deal today, I just could have received a bit more than Berrian as a throw in.:shakesfist:And now Warner is hurt. I've also touched Ronnie, Turner, Cribbs, and Big Ben. I acquired Ocho three weeks ago and he has done nothing since. All your failures are belong to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
on the bench! However, that's exactly the type of play that they haven't been running for him. The quick slant, something in the mid range, where they get it to him qiuick, he loses the guy on him and then its off to the races. A safety may or may not bring him down. That is the epitome of Jennings. Hope they wake up after that play and realize what kind of weapon they are missing in the passing attack...
Nice post on the TD...great pattern just behind the defender and Rodgers put it right on the money.Then Jennings showed his ability after the catch with some nice moves to get the TD.Great game for him...after I traded him too. Though...even had I not traded him, I would have had him on my bench.

FavreCo said:
I just traded away Calvin AND Jennings for Fitz, so rest assured they're both guaranteed to explode down the stretch.
So you are the jinx that ruined these 2 guys this year. Hey, thanks for freeing them. :lmao:
Sonofa. I'd still make that deal today, I just could have received a bit more than Berrian as a throw in.:shakesfist:
That's a bad trade. Putting your faith in one guy like that when you have 2 that could explode at any time....bad move.

on the bench! However, that's exactly the type of play that they haven't been running for him. The quick slant, something in the mid range, where they get it to him qiuick, he loses the guy on him and then its off to the races. A safety may or may not bring him down. That is the epitome of Jennings. Hope they wake up after that play and realize what kind of weapon they are missing in the passing attack...
Nice post on the TD...great pattern just behind the defender and Rodgers put it right on the money.Then Jennings showed his ability after the catch with some nice moves to get the TD.Great game for him...after I traded him too. Though...even had I not traded him, I would have had him on my bench.
It was nice to see the Pack actually use him on patterns other then fly routes and deep posts. He is a solid YAC receiver MM just needed to pull his head out of his sphincter and realize that.

FavreCo said:
So you are the jinx that ruined these 2 guys this year. Hey, thanks for freeing them. :shrug:
Sonofa. I'd still make that deal today, I just could have received a bit more than Berrian as a throw in.:shakesfist:
That's a bad trade. Putting your faith in one guy like that when you have 2 that could explode at any time....bad move.
I'd rather have Fitz than Calvin or Jennings. My wr's are now AJ, Fitz, Ocho. I could afford to overpay...in other words, I'm fine. My main threat has Warner as his qb so having his qb's main target is nice as well.

He's getting lots of targets over the last 5 weeks. I can't see double digit targets and low production continuing. I think either the targets will go down or his numbers will go up...
It's the "Jordy Nelson Effect" for the three weeks he missed.When Jordy Nelson has played, here are Jennings numbers:6.2 Targets/Game3.5 Recs/Game58.2 Yards/Game& 1 TD in six games...but when Nelson did not play in weeks 7, 8, & 9, then Jennings' received more looks to make it seem like he has been more involved:10 Targets/Game6 Recs/Game67 Yards/Game& 1 TD in 3 gamesLast week Nelson returned and Jennings targets went right back down to 7.
Week 11 TargetsFinley 10Driver 7Jennings 7

H.K. said:
Week 11 Targets

Finley 10 - 7 catches for 54, 0 TD's

Driver 7 - 5 catches for 40, 0 TD's

Jennings 7 - 5 catches for 126, 1 TD :bs:
I'll take 7 targets every week with that production from here on please and thank you.

H.K. said:
He's getting lots of targets over the last 5 weeks. I can't see double digit targets and low production continuing. I think either the targets will go down or his numbers will go up...
It's the "Jordy Nelson Effect" for the three weeks he missed.When Jordy Nelson has played, here are Jennings numbers:6.2 Targets/Game3.5 Recs/Game58.2 Yards/Game& 1 TD in six games...but when Nelson did not play in weeks 7, 8, & 9, then Jennings' received more looks to make it seem like he has been more involved:10 Targets/Game6 Recs/Game67 Yards/Game& 1 TD in 3 gamesLast week Nelson returned and Jennings targets went right back down to 7.
Week 11 TargetsFinley 10Driver 7Jennings 7
Thankfully I dont play in a PPT league

H.K. said:
Week 11 Targets

Jennings 7 - 5 catches for 126, 1 TD :shock:
I'll take 7 targets every week with that production from here on please and thank you.
The problem is that production has not been the case most weeks. People can't be fooled into thinking Jennings had a big day because the Packers did anything differently with him this game. They used him the same as they always have, and that is not good news for Jennings owners.

H.K. said:
Week 11 Targets

Jennings 7 - 5 catches for 126, 1 TD :thumbup:
The problem is that production has not been the case most weeks. People can't be fooled into thinking Jennings had a big day because the Packers did anything differently with him this game. They used him the same as they always have, and that is not good news for Jennings owners.
Historically, it is.

H.K. said:
Week 11 Targets

Jennings 7 - 5 catches for 126, 1 TD :excited:
You need to explain the bold. Correct me if I'm wrong, but using him as they always have is the reason why he was going so high in drafts. The guy is very good after the catch and has done very well on quick slants and the like.

H.K. said:
Week 11 Targets

Jennings 7 - 5 catches for 126, 1 TD :goodposting:
You need to explain the bold. Correct me if I'm wrong, but using him as they always have is the reason why he was going so high in drafts. The guy is very good after the catch and has done very well on quick slants and the like.
Targets are opportunities. He isn't getting them like he was last year.Last season he averaged 8.75 targets a game. This year it is down to 7.4/game, but that number with a healthy Jordy Nelson is under 6.3. That's almost two and a half fewer passes to him a game.

By comparison Driver averaged 7.2 targets/game last year and he is on the same pace this season.

People may be happy with the result this week, but there is no reason to expect the output to remain high. He just doesn't get the chances like he did in 2008.

Do you all expect Driver to have a solid game vs Detroit? Their Dbs could not stop anyone on the Browns..

Jennings is so good that he is invisible to the defense. (unfortunately for the most part this season, invisible to Rodgers also). Take a look ath the clip on NFL.com. At the 5 second mark, clearly Jennings cloaks himself and the defender runs right past him. A replay also shows this remarkable feat at the 25 second mark. #38 has his sights on jacking up Jennings only to see Jennings disappear before his eyes as he clobbers his own temmate, #25.http://www.nfl.com/videos/green-bay-packer...nnings-64-yd-TD

Jennings. The invisible man. :)

Do you all expect Driver to have a solid game vs Detroit? Their Dbs could not stop anyone on the Browns..
On paper he should have another big game. However, the action of all of us putting him back into our line-ups will cause him to get 2 catches for 20 yards or something similar. Knowing my luck I'll bench someone who puts up 20 points while that is going on.

H.K. said:
Week 11 Targets

Jennings 7 - 5 catches for 126, 1 TD :lmao:
Targets are opportunities. He isn't getting them like he was last year.Last season he averaged 8.75 targets a game. This year it is down to 7.4/game, but that number with a healthy Jordy Nelson is under 6.3. That's almost two and a half fewer passes to him a game.

By comparison Driver averaged 7.2 targets/game last year and he is on the same pace this season.

People may be happy with the result this week, but there is no reason to expect the output to remain high. He just doesn't get the chances like he did in 2008.
I'm confused. Earlier you implied that Havner was superior to Jennings (because he has scored more TDs this year). Doesn't that apply anymore? Who am I supposed to own now? Finley? Driver? Havner?

H.K. said:
Week 11 Targets

Jennings 7 - 5 catches for 126, 1 TD :hifive:
:thumbup: Oh man you're funny. :lmao: Around here we know you are the Packer basher and even when they do well you find faults.

Targets for Jennings and Driver. They are close except yesterday Jennings did something with the catches.

Jennings 12 10 7 7

Donald Driver 10 9 6 7

H.K. said:
Week 11 Targets

Jennings 7 - 5 catches for 126, 1 TD :excited:
:goodposting: Oh man you're funny. :lmao: Around here we know you are the Packer basher and even when they do well you find faults.

Targets for Jennings and Driver. They are close except yesterday Jennings did something with the catches.

Jennings 12 10 7 7

Donald Driver 10 9 6 7
Look at the entire season:Jennings 74

Driver 72

Also, you cherry picked the sample so Jennings' highest numbers are from a stretch of the games Nelson was out (12 & 10)...then he returned it was more of the same (7 & 7).

The data tells the truth.

Earlier you implied that Havner was superior to Jennings (because he has scored more TDs this year).
Incorrect.
You were pretty clear that Jennings sucked because Havner had more TDs.....Since that was such a stupid argument to make, the only conclusion one could draw (since you felt obligated to use flawed logic) was that you thought Havner was better than Jennings.

Jennings isn't having a great yhear. We all know it. He still leads his team in targets. I expect things to get better.

Jennings is so good that he is invisible to the defense. (unfortunately for the most part this season, invisible to Rodgers also). Take a look ath the clip on NFL.com. At the 5 second mark, clearly Jennings cloaks himself and the defender runs right past him. A replay also shows this remarkable feat at the 25 second mark. #38 has his sights on jacking up Jennings only to see Jennings disappear before his eyes as he clobbers his own temmate, #25.http://www.nfl.com/videos/green-bay-packer...nnings-64-yd-TD

Jennings. The invisible man. ;)
Come on Man!I was totally happy with AJ and Vjax on my dynasty team but now...........

I must simply have a "cloaking" WR!

Wonder what it's going to cost me?

What do you guys think Jennings output will be this week against Det? Earlier in the year he had 6 rec for 64 yards. I would think he's have a decent performance, but one game (last weeks output) does not make season...

What do you guys think Jennings output will be this week against Det? Earlier in the year he had 6 rec for 64 yards. I would think he's have a decent performance, but one game (last weeks output) does not make season...
I still expect him to get his typical 8ish passes thrown his way. I'll let you guys figure out how many he catches, or what he does with them.

Jennings isn't having a great yhear. We all know it. He still leads his team in targets. I expect things to get better.
He's ranked 13th overall in my league.....2 points behind S Rice. He's not having a great year but he's still solid in my league. He's not having a consistent year at all though which is probably what really is putting guys out.

You obviously have to start him vs DET. Dont overthink things. GB has a ton of weapons (even their WR3 & WR4 are decent starts) so Jennings may have a bad game but Id take my chances.

He's ranked 13th overall in my league.....2 points behind S Rice. He's not having a great year but he's still solid in my league. He's not having a consistent year at all though which is probably what really is putting guys out.
I agree with you totally! He's just not consistent this year and we don't now what Jennings is going to give us from week to week.

I think jennings and driver have big days.

Detroit willstruggle all day.

Both get 7-9 tgts and we'll see who can take it to the house!!!

Once again Driver is tearing it up and Jennings isn't doing much!! I'm so sick of this!! The game is not over yet though so maybe Jennings will get a TD... I hope!

The opportunities that Jennings gets (read: catchable passes) he does good things with. But for whatever reason, he seems to be Rodgers' 5th read. I hate Rodgers and that dbag coordinator for screwing up a good thing (and my fantasy team). That is all.

The opportunities that Jennings gets (read: catchable passes) he does good things with. But for whatever reason, he seems to be Rodgers' 5th read. I hate Rodgers and that dbag coordinator for screwing up a good thing (and my fantasy team). That is all.
Rodgers and D-Bag coordinator are running a top offense in the NFL. Jennings is being taken out by teams with their coverage right now. He has looked better lately as team went to a short passing game that they have been known as for years.

Users who are viewing this thread