Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

fissure man

Concur with the above

The kids BEGGED me to take them to this, which is rare for them, so I did, even though I really had no interest and told them something to the effect of, "I took you to see this crap when it was called 'Knowing'."

It was ridiculous as hell, but, I sure wasn't bored. It did take about 20 minutes too long to end, and that killed a little of the enjoyment I had built up. Somewhere along the way I was thinking to myself that this was pretty damn good for a disaster flick. By the end of it I was just happy to get on with my life.

Hollywood's getting pretty awesome with the FX, and it's definitely done well here.

It was a fun disaster movie - I felt like I got my money's worth. Lots of stuff exploded.

;) A summer blockbuster in November.. If you like :tinfoilhat: movies I think you'll enjoy this one.. I enjoyed almost every minute. :thumbup:

Haven't seen the movie, but

trailer almost makes me want to.
:unsure:
Okay...now I am sold. I will watch in tonight before the "game"
I'd say that pretty much sums it up.

There were plenty of :lmao: moments that I'm :blackdot: if the producers meant it to be or not, but plenty in the audience were.

The trailers for this movie (even the real ones) are hilarious. Just so I have it clear, Cusack drives in his car through the asteroid storm in the desert, makes it to a real road where he manages to stay 4 feet ahead of the collapsing road, while dodging the falling buildings, in order to get on a plane that narrowly gets off before the ground collapses then fly through some more collapsing buildings and another asteroid shower and then possibly crashes in the ocean?

The trailers for this movie (even the real ones) are hilarious. Just so I have it clear, Cusack drives in his car through the asteroid storm in the desert, makes it to a real road where he manages to stay 4 feet ahead of the collapsing road, while dodging the falling buildings, in order to get on a plane that narrowly gets off before the ground collapses then fly through some more collapsing buildings and another asteroid shower and then possibly crashes in the ocean?

No asteroids, those are chunks of volcano. DUH

You saying it's not possible?

I watched this about 3 weeks ago off torrent to see if I had any interest in going. Deleted it after 15 minutes. Not even my like for Cusak could save this one from the recycle bin.

15 minutes?? Really?? Way to give it some time.. :lol::)

THANKS FOR THE SPOILERS

I guess what made me lose any interest was the trailer scenes of them flying a plane under and around falling buildings. Go UP morons. A plane can climb higher than most of those buildings in less than a minute. Go UP!!!! How did they even take off if they're going under buildings? There is NO airport that close to major skyscrapers. They should've been above that height before they even got to them.

I saw that and :rolleyes: and spent my movie ticket money on beer and food.

I guess what made me lose any interest was the trailer scenes of them flying a plane under and around falling buildings. Go UP morons. A plane can climb higher than most of those buildings in less than a minute. Go UP!!!! How did they even take off if they're going under buildings? There is NO airport that close to major skyscrapers. They should've been above that height before they even got to them.I saw that and :popcorn: and spent my movie ticket money on beer and food.

That was probably among the more plausible aspects of the film

I guess what made me lose any interest was the trailer scenes of them flying a plane under and around falling buildings. Go UP morons. A plane can climb higher than most of those buildings in less than a minute. Go UP!!!! How did they even take off if they're going under buildings? There is NO airport that close to major skyscrapers. They should've been above that height before they even got to them.I saw that and :shrug: and spent my movie ticket money on beer and food.

To answer.. They took off because the ground was falling away before they were at full speed. therefore they were unable to climb as fast as you would think.. It is what it is... a :) movie.. Sit back and enjoy a Summer blockbuster in November. :thumbup:

I guess what made me lose any interest was the trailer scenes of them flying a plane under and around falling buildings. Go UP morons. A plane can climb higher than most of those buildings in less than a minute. Go UP!!!! How did they even take off if they're going under buildings? There is NO airport that close to major skyscrapers. They should've been above that height before they even got to them.I saw that and :goodposting: and spent my movie ticket money on beer and food.

To answer.. They took off because the ground was falling away before they were at full speed. therefore they were unable to climb as fast as you would think.. It is what it is... a :lmao: movie.. Sit back and enjoy a Summer blockbuster in November. :thumbup:
Hate to say it...but (and NO, I don't expect movies to be believeable, but at least try) If the plane didn't have enough speed to take off when the ground fell away, it would've gained a lot of that speed via falling, which it would've done initially, and then would've been just as able to climb as a plane taking off normally. It's not like planes somehow gain more speed on the ground than they do once they're airborne...it's quite the opposite in fact. I will now stop ranting as I can't justify the reality of every scene in a movie. I know a LOT is done for effect...this particular scene just struck me as overly unrealistic.

I guess what made me lose any interest was the trailer scenes of them flying a plane under and around falling buildings. Go UP morons. A plane can climb higher than most of those buildings in less than a minute. Go UP!!!! How did they even take off if they're going under buildings? There is NO airport that close to major skyscrapers. They should've been above that height before they even got to them.

I saw that and :football: and spent my movie ticket money on beer and food.

To answer.. They took off because the ground was falling away before they were at full speed. therefore they were unable to climb as fast as you would think..

It is what it is... a :popcorn: movie.. Sit back and enjoy a Summer blockbuster in November. :thumbup:

Hate to say it...but (and NO, I don't expect movies to be believeable, but at least try) If the plane didn't have enough speed to take off when the ground fell away, it would've gained a lot of that speed via falling, which it would've done initially, and then would've been just as able to climb as a plane taking off normally. It's not like planes somehow gain more speed on the ground than they do once they're airborne...it's quite the opposite in fact.

I will now stop ranting as I can't justify the reality of every scene in a movie. I know a LOT is done for effect...this particular scene just struck me as overly unrealistic.

Which is what it did.. It fell initially, thus putting it below ground level, and than climbing back up, which brought the buildings into play.

As you said, it's a movie and an enjoyable one at that, at least it was for us. :thumbup:

I saw it yesterday and liked it. There were several large jumps that the viewers are expected to gloss over and not question, but.... :clyde: well worth the $8 for 2 1/2 hours of mindless fun. Danny Glover was terribly cast as the president I thought.

I am dating myself, but I remember watching Towering Inferno and Poiseidon Adventure at the drive in when I was little and this movie reminded me of it. You had disaster and near escapes by the main characters and they would introduce a person, just to kill them off. It was enjoyable and I can't wait to own it on Blu Ray just to watch some of the disasters scenes over again because there was just so much happening on the big screen at once you couldn't see all of details of the CGI.

Archived