What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LJ's endzone celebration (1 Viewer)

hotlanta

Footballguy
The 'banning' of the Captain Morgan pose last week got me to thinking about the celebration Larry Johnson used to do, especially back in 2006 when he was scoring all those touchdowns. Each time he scored, he would make a diamond symbol with his hands. For the longest time, I wondered what that was until I read that it was promoting a company that he was affiliated with (not sure if it was his). Why was that allowed back then, but the Captain Morgan thing is not?

People at the time were saying it had something to do with roca-wear. Basically it's the dynasty symbol that Jay-z does on the cover of the dynasty album. A lot of athletes were doing it as celebration or homage possibly to Jay-Z plus LJ & Jay-Z were hanging out a lot at the time. No different than when Shaq and lot of other guys will do that que dog symbol, or whatever its called, over their head representing their frat. People didn't understand the diamond thing and thought it was some kind of advertisement. I saw Jay in concert about 5 years ago and everyone was doing it there too...

Users who are viewing this thread