What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yahoo Trade Deadline...THAT day or the Previous Day? (1 Viewer)

Black

Footballguy
Quick and dirty:

Yahoo Trade Deadline is Nov 20....can I make a trade Nov 20? Or is Nov 19 the last day?

Anyone know?

It will also depend on your league's 'trade review' period, if you have one.

"The deadline to complete trades in this league is Friday, Nov 20."

Last edited by a moderator:
So we have a 2 day approval period by the league, trade was made/accepted today...not sure if it will go.

If the trade deadline according to Yahoo is Nov. 20th and I just made a trade today in a league with a 3 day trade approval period does that mean it won't go through? or it will?

if the trade approval deadline is after the yahoo trade deadline (nov 20), then that trade will not go through.

i think.

if the trade approval deadline is after the yahoo trade deadline (nov 20), then that trade will not go through.i think.
Ahh! If that is true then I'm not going to be happy ..Anyway to circumnavigate this issue?

Bottom line, if the system still lets you offer and accept trades, the trade should be allowed. I believe most league management sites would block you from doing things not allowed by the league or web site rules. However, both parties would have to act on and complete the trade before the deadline passed. So you couldn't offer a trade at 11:59 tonight and have the other team accept it at 10:00 AM tomorrow. The system would not allow the trade to be accepted tomorrow morning.

Bottom line, if the system still lets you offer and accept trades, the trade should be allowed. I believe most league management sites would block you from doing things not allowed by the league or web site rules. However, both parties would have to act on and complete the trade before the deadline passed. So you couldn't offer a trade at 11:59 tonight and have the other team accept it at 10:00 AM tomorrow. The system would not allow the trade to be accepted tomorrow morning.
I am hoping that's how it works. After offering/accepting the trade, both parties received emails Thursday stating the trade would reflect for Week 11 after the approval period.I am hoping the software is smart enough to check the approval period and NOT send a suggestive email like that, just to send a "So Sorry" note tomorrow. Regardless, I'll go back to the commish approval next year in that league, and have leaguemates email protests (if there are any).

if the trade approval deadline is after the yahoo trade deadline (nov 20), then that trade will not go through.

i think.
Ahh! If that is true then I'm not going to be happy ..Anyway to circumnavigate this issue?
Yeah, the Commissioner can edit both rosters
Can this easily be done in Yahoo?
Yes, Commish simply goes to Commish tools, pulls up the team, picks a player, moves him to another team.It is all 'visible' on the League page, ie, it shows up under transactions...so no funny business can happen without people knowing.

My trade, accepted before the trade deadline, got successfully processed after our trade deadline.

My trade, accepted before the trade deadline, got successfully processed after our trade deadline.
Looking good for mine too...accepted Thursday, two day waiting period, email said it would be processed for Sunday morning. We are past our trade deadline (Nov 20) and it is still posted as pending on my team-page (today Nov 21).

Friday was our trade deadline and when I looked at my team page on Friday (Nov 20th) the wording was "The deadline for completing trades in this league was Nov 20th". I thought the wording was strange when viewing it on the actual deadline date...

Looks like trades made before the deadline will be processed no matter what the trade review period is in your league.

I'm crossing my fingers since it still shows as pending and the "make trade" button has now been disabled.

Looks like trades made before the deadline will be processed no matter what the trade review period is in your league.I'm crossing my fingers since it still shows as pending and the "make trade" button has now been disabled.
Yuppers. Trade made/accepted Thursday (before trade deadline) was processed today (Sunday Nov 21) after the Trade Deadline (Nov 20), after a 2 day approval/waiting period.

Users who are viewing this thread