What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (14 Viewers)

One episode into Dark and I'm hooked

3 episodes into The Punished and loving it!

Still haven't started The Crown season 1 and Peaky Blinders and Black Mirror are both coming in December. I binge watch way too slow.

Still haven't started The Crown season 1 and Peaky Blinders and Black Mirror are both coming in December. I binge watch way too slow.
If you're that into the dark after three, you're definitely in for it. I found it really slow and repetitive/redundant until it started getting into some of the reveals later on. But ultimately I liked it.

Punished, or Punisher? Loved Punisher. 

Two that popped up for me are "The Ranch" and "Wormwood". Any opinions on these?

"The Trip to Spain" with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon. Not worth the effort. I'm usually a fan of of Coogan but this one was not a good effort from him. There is a formula in the series, I know, but it's a watered down recipe at this point. I was reminded recently that Coogan, Brydon and director Winterbottom did "Tristam Shandy: A #### & Bull Story" before the first of these and how much I enjoyed that. If that was the genesis for this then I need to revisit it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to echo the recommendations for The Last Kingdom. I may like this a bit more than Game of Thrones. 
Been binge watching this and I'm into the middle of season 2.  It is a very engrossing show to me.  

A bit choppy in how the main floats around all over the place and the accent of the main is a bit strange, but I am really enjoying it.

Slow watching Godless. I'm a sucker for Westerns, really liking it. I had an epiphany yesterday, I was hard wired to Westerns in my youth. Gunsmoke, The Wild Wild West, The Rifleman, that's all that was on tv when I was growing up. Anyhow, two thumbs up.

Thought the Punisher was excellent, rewatching Rogue One in anticipation of catching the Last Jedi over the holidays.

Slow watching Godless. I'm a sucker for Westerns, really liking it. I had an epiphany yesterday, I was hard wired to Westerns in my youth. Gunsmoke, The Wild Wild West, The Rifleman, that's all that was on tv when I was growing up. Anyhow, two thumbs up.
Just came here to post the same thing. Godless is pretty good. 

Anybody watching S2 of the Crown?

We're about 4 in- everything still at the highest standards imo, but the stories so far have been relationship based, which becomes a bit soap operaish and less interesting than those covered last season.

That said, we just watched the episode about Margaret, and of all things the lighting throughout the episode absolutely blew me away. Like the very best film.
I'm in.  Not as good as S1, but entertaining.  If you like Claire Foy, soak her in now as S3 is set to focus on the queen as older and played by another actress.

With Always Sunny gone (  :cry: )  I've been trying new stuff to fall asleep to. I try to keep it light, Always Sunny, Arrested Development, Parks and Rec, The Office etc. I love Aziz in Parks and Rec so I gave Master of None a shot. Watched season one, it's entertaining but I don't think I actually laughed more than a couple times. Give it a meh on the overall rating scale :shrug:  not amped up for season two, will likely move on to something else. Was cool to hear Archer's voice attached to a real person though.    

Watched a few clips and couldn't understand the dialect.  You guys watching with closed captioning on?
I watch with the subs on but after a couple episodes you kind of start to not need them.

It's an awesome show, great characters. Alfie Solomons, the guy Tom Hardy plays, is one of may favorites TV characters ever.  

With Always Sunny gone (  :cry: )  I've been trying new stuff to fall asleep to. I try to keep it light, Always Sunny, Arrested Development, Parks and Rec, The Office etc. I love Aziz in Parks and Rec so I gave Master of None a shot. Watched season one, it's entertaining but I don't think I actually laughed more than a couple times. Give it a meh on the overall rating scale :shrug:  not amped up for season two, will likely move on to something else. Was cool to hear Archer's voice attached to a real person though.    
Comedies to fill the void:

Bojack Horseman
Lady Dynamite
Brickleberry

The guy who voices Archer is also in People of Earth (decent show) My wife hates seeing him because that's not the image she associates with the voice.

I introduced my 7-yo boy to Amazon's Top Gear knock-off, "The Grand Tour". He intensely loves cars (still) and this is the best thing in the world for him. I'll skip the Top Gear show itself in all likelihood but this is the next best thing to Battlebots for him.

Watched Bushwick.  The shooting game style filming with very few scenes was impressive, IMO.  Very reminiscent of the infamous children of men scene.

Weebs210 said:
Does no one watch peaky blinders? Two seasons in and really like it.
I binged all 3 seasons last week. I had started Ep1 on a few occasions...but I can honestly say I did not give the show the shot I should have. It's a great watch and easy to binge with 6 episodes per season. Season 4 due out Thursday I think.

I binged all 3 seasons last week. I had started Ep1 on a few occasions...but I can honestly say I did not give the show the shot I should have. It's a great watch and easy to binge with 6 episodes per season. Season 4 due out Thursday I think.
Yeah first episode is slow. But it's become one of my favorite shows.

We just restarted our Netflix subscription this week for the winter months.

Broadchurch - Season 3 Episode 1

Let me preface this post by saying, not long ago, my mother in law who turned 91 last week was physically assaulted recently.

I don't want to over state what I'm about to say, but the first 20 minutes or so of Episode 1 brought me to tears because of how close it resonated with me.  The opening sequences of the rape victim was so well acted and portrayed; not just the victim, but the investigators and the support staff.  I felt like I was sitting in the corner of the hospital room reliving a real life scene.  A lot of television programs (Law & Order SVU predominantly) and other movies have portrayed similar scenes, and most seem poorly produced.  I don't want to say it was great because the subject matter is so vile, but, yeah, this first episode was really great acting. 

Watched Bushwick.  The shooting game style filming with very few scenes was impressive, IMO.  Very reminiscent of the infamous children of men scene.
Based on your rec I watched this.

It did do the continuous, real-time pacing decently. But this was a terrible movie.

shuke said:
Watched a few clips and couldn't understand the dialect.  You guys watching with closed captioning on?
yep we have on closed captions for anything with accents i think it has made me a better reader to so bam another riddle solved by the old swcer take that to the bank bromigo 

Godless

Not perfect, but totally worth watching. Could be argued that this is a diluted version of Deadwood, but I still liked it.
i consider myself to be a big western guy i have loved them forever from bonanza on down and i say that godless is one of the best i have ever seen i happen to have got a decent tv now too and the sceanery is flat out amazing and so is the acting just a good good good good good show give it a whirl you will be glad that you did take that to the bank hosshan 

Trailer Park Boys is gold, Jerry, gold.  I had never heard of them before.  Watched the "In America" limited series and then started the first run series.  I'm most of the way through Season 5 and Netflix informed me that there was a holiday special from 2004.  So I took a break to watch that and it was outstanding.  Hilarious in parts.  Love it.

Season 3 of Broadchurch was excellent.

Season 2 of The Crown....I actually enjoyed more than Season 1.  Magnificent.

Just started Alias Grace.  Only 2 episodes in, not sure if I like it or not.  Will give it 1 or 2 more.

the crown is great but that is another one i need the subwords on for half the time i have no idea what dr who is even saying to queenbee take that to the bank brocheerios

I need to give it another shot. I only watched some of the first episode and it didn't grab me.
Watch the entire first season. It changes a lot in the second half. If you still don't like it, then it's just not for you. But you need to stick out the whole first season until you judge it.

Users who are viewing this thread