What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (6 Viewers)

Punisher

So I'm almost done with this series, and while it's pretty good, there is some mediocre acting here. The middle-eastern homeland security agent is awful.

I am not going to watch it unless you tell me there is a patented "Awwww helllll nooooo" from Will Smith
Don't recall him saying  anything like that. He did knock some weird looking flying creature eating out of his birdfeeder out of the sky with a broom and then beat it to death while in his bathrobe. 

I have not seen Schindler's list. 

How do you guys sit through 3+ hr films? 

Last edited by a moderator:
How are there people on this planet that haven't watched two movies in a night?

Granted, I haven't done it for years.  But still.

How are there people on this planet that haven't watched two movies in a night?

Granted, I haven't done it for years.  But still.
I can't even remember the last time I watched 2 movies in a week. Can't wait to retire. We plan on watching a movie every day...maybe 2!

Almost done with Godless, pretty solid, I like the characters better than the story but the story is still solid. Definitely recommend, I love Westerns. 

Tried "Easy" made it through one episode and about 5 minutes of the second, meh

Tried "Lady Dynamite" made it through about 10 minutes, the main characters voice was just too off putting, couldn't stick with it. 

My new going to sleep shows will be a mix of Trailer Park Boys and Bojack. Both are excellent and ridiculous, enjoying the ride. 

Almost done with Godless, pretty solid, I like the characters better than the story but the story is still solid. Definitely recommend, I love Westerns. 
Wife and I tried to watch this last night. Both of us fell asleep halfway through second episode. To call this "ponderous" would be to generously overstate it's pacing. Thought it was a big snooze fest and highly doubt we'll watch any more.

i consider myself to be a big western guy i have loved them forever from bonanza on down and i say that godless is one of the best i have ever seen i happen to have got a decent tv now too and the sceanery is flat out amazing and so is the acting just a good good good good good show give it a whirl you will be glad that you did take that to the bank hosshan 
Each to his own but this praise really surprised me. I am also a big western fan spanning many years. I thought Godless was just ok, mildly entertaining. In my opinion one of its big problems is that I never felt they were truly living in the old west. There was just something off with the sets and even the actors. I could always tell that they were on a set, I was never tricked by that "movie magic".

Wife and I tried to watch this last night. Both of us fell asleep halfway through second episode. To call this "ponderous" would be to generously overstate it's pacing. Thought it was a big snooze fest and highly doubt we'll watch any more.
Yeah I think I fell asleep during the thirty minutes of training the horse. 

I may take some #### for this, but I liked Bright. Basically, Lord of the Rings 2,000 years after destroying the ring. Or Shannara 2,000 years after the last book. Assuming those stories took place on an alternate Earth, and then history kind of went the way ours did. 

Unique, and I dug it. Look forward to more.
Good to hear! I am a sucker for anything in this genre but haven't watched this yet

Got sucked into the unabomber series, not quite Mindhunter levels, but maybe better pacing and worth watching as a follow-up.

wazoo11 said:
I have not seen Schindler's list. 

How do you guys sit through 3+ hr films? 
wazoo11
Footballguy
wazoo11
Members
5,224 posts
Interests:Food
History
Hockey
Music

One of your interests is History, yet you aren't going to watch Schindler's List?

Users who are viewing this thread