Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoever invented the skip intro button, we salute you

Wife and I just added HBO Max. Started watching this little known show, think it's called Game of Thrones or something. Guess it's based on a book. Almost through the first season, which has been grea

4 hours ago, Buckfast 1 said:

I have found myself surprisingly invested in the internal personal struggles of a cartoon horse.  

Excellent.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a shower so I won't know if I'm crying.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, TripItUp said:

Finished Ozark and Mindhunter

next up on my list

The Fall

I feel it's my duty to warm you not to watch S3...no schtick. You could even stop at S1, as S2 is a decent sized drop down in quality. But it's not horrible... Like S3

• Like 5
1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

I feel it's my duty to warm you not to watch S3...no schtick. You could even stop at S1, as S2 is a decent sized drop down in quality. But it's not horrible... Like S3

Listen to this man.  I know we usually do the opposite of what he recommends, but this time he's spot on. 

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

I am not going to watch it unless you tell me there is a patented "Awwww helllll nooooo" from Will Smith

Don't recall him saying  anything like that. He did knock some weird looking flying creature eating out of his birdfeeder out of the sky with a broom and then beat it to death while in his bathrobe. 

1 hour ago, avoiding injuries said:

Did 2 episodes of Bojack last night. I'm in. 

I woke up this morning to my wife and daughter laughing at me for watching a horse cartoon. (I was watching with headphones and didn't know they were watching over my shoulder)

Vincent Adultman is the greatest character ever.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Mile High said:

Don't recall him saying  anything like that. He did knock some weird looking flying creature eating out of his birdfeeder out of the sky with a broom and then beat it to death while in his bathrobe. 

I've never been more excited for anything in my life

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Mile High said:

And then he says fairy lives don't matter

5 hours ago, shuke said:

How are there people on this planet that haven't watched two movies in a night?

Granted, I haven't done it for years.  But still.

I can't even remember the last time I watched 2 movies in a week. Can't wait to retire. We plan on watching a movie every day...maybe 2!

Almost done with Godless, pretty solid, I like the characters better than the story but the story is still solid. Definitely recommend, I love Westerns. 

Tried "Easy" made it through one episode and about 5 minutes of the second, meh

Tried "Lady Dynamite" made it through about 10 minutes, the main characters voice was just too off putting, couldn't stick with it. 

My new going to sleep shows will be a mix of Trailer Park Boys and Bojack. Both are excellent and ridiculous, enjoying the ride. 

48 minutes ago, Kraft... said:

Almost done with Godless, pretty solid, I like the characters better than the story but the story is still solid. Definitely recommend, I love Westerns. 

Wife and I tried to watch this last night. Both of us fell asleep halfway through second episode. To call this "ponderous" would be to generously overstate it's pacing. Thought it was a big snooze fest and highly doubt we'll watch any more.

On 12/20/2017 at 11:20 AM, SWC said:

i consider myself to be a big western guy i have loved them forever from bonanza on down and i say that godless is one of the best i have ever seen i happen to have got a decent tv now too and the sceanery is flat out amazing and so is the acting just a good good good good good show give it a whirl you will be glad that you did take that to the bank hosshan 

Each to his own but this praise really surprised me. I am also a big western fan spanning many years. I thought Godless was just ok, mildly entertaining. In my opinion one of its big problems is that I never felt they were truly living in the old west. There was just something off with the sets and even the actors. I could always tell that they were on a set, I was never tricked by that "movie magic".

17 minutes ago, Ranethe said:

Wife and I tried to watch this last night. Both of us fell asleep halfway through second episode. To call this "ponderous" would be to generously overstate it's pacing. Thought it was a big snooze fest and highly doubt we'll watch any more.

Yeah I think I fell asleep during the thirty minutes of training the horse. 

• Like 1

I may take some #### for this, but I liked Bright. Basically, Lord of the Rings 2,000 years after destroying the ring. Or Shannara 2,000 years after the last book. Assuming those stories took place on an alternate Earth, and then history kind of went the way ours did. 

Unique, and I dug it. Look forward to more.

• Like 4
49 minutes ago, Cold Dead Hands said:

I may take some #### for this, but I liked Bright. Basically, Lord of the Rings 2,000 years after destroying the ring. Or Shannara 2,000 years after the last book. Assuming those stories took place on an alternate Earth, and then history kind of went the way ours did. 

Unique, and I dug it. Look forward to more.

Good to hear! I am a sucker for anything in this genre but haven't watched this yet

• Like 1

Just finished episode 3 of The Punisher and well :eek: one of the most intense episodes of any series I've watched.. Really enjoying the overall story arc and the show so far.

• Like 2
On 12/22/2017 at 3:01 PM, wazoo11 said:

I have not seen Schindler's list. 

How do you guys sit through 3+ hr films? 

wazoo11
Footballguy
wazoo11
Members
5,224 posts
Interests:Food
History
Hockey
Music

One of your interests is History, yet you aren't going to watch Schindler's List?

• Like 1
Just now, identikit said:

wazoo11
Footballguy
wazoo11
Members
5,224 posts
Interests:Food
History
Hockey
Music

One of your interests is History, yet you aren't going to watch Schindler's List?

I enjoyed watching Ken Burns The War instead. 

• Like 1