Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoever invented the skip intro button, we salute you

Wife and I just added HBO Max. Started watching this little known show, think it's called Game of Thrones or something. Guess it's based on a book. Almost through the first season, which has been grea

3 hours ago, EYLive said:

I liked both episodes a lot. His folksy story-telling delivery really draws you in and has a unique perspective on just about everything. 
But for his sake, I wish he'd quit smoking, his voice is really suffering.

Wait he has a new show?

Might be on to a good one...if you are into foreign stuff.

Dark

2 eps in.

Draws you in quick with a stranger things type of feel. This is a German show with lots of suspense and mystery. 

Great scenery, good acting and good writing so far. Looking forward to finishing this show.

I believe they have an English dubbing version for those who don't want to read but I read it's not synced well. 

I reset it to German with English subtitles. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, comfortably numb said:

Might be on to a good one...if you are into foreign stuff.

Dark

2 eps in.

Draws you in quick with a stranger things type of feel. This is a German show with lots of suspense and mystery. 

Great scenery, good acting and good writing so far. Looking forward to finishing this show.

I believe they have an English dubbing version for those who don't want to read but I read it's not synced well. 

I reset it to German with English subtitles. 

I watched the full thing with the dubbing.... Poorly voiced over, which distracted from a decent show that builds as it goes along (took a little too long to get there imo). Wish I had known about the subtitles

• Like 1
On 12/30/2017 at 9:13 AM, shadyridr said:

Bright is bad but not horrible. Not sure what it is. The idea is interesting and the two leads aren't horrible. It's just not good. Also not as bad as critics are saying. Better than suicide squad. I think critics may be biased against movies on Netflix. I wonder of it hurts their career because if a movie is streaming on Netflix viewers don't base their decision to see a movie based on their review. 

I enjoyed it :shrug:. 

• Like 1

Anyone watch GLOW

Yes it's a show about the gorgeous ladies of wrestling....a show I loved :bag:

But Allison Brie topless is worth the first episode

Eta: searched the thread and see I'm late for this :)

Edited by belljr
  • Like 1
On 2/1/2018 at 3:57 PM, Kraft... said:

Godless - Slow at times, think I said this before I liked the characters better than the story. Worth watching though and I'm a sucker for Westerns. 

I really enjoyed Godless

Just now, beer 30 said:

Still plodding through Travelers but man it's got me hooked. Like when you get home the only thing you want to do is plow through some episodes hooked. Really enjoying S2 :thumbup::thumbup:

ditto. 

we're most of the way through- the writers seem to be having fun fleshing out and playing with the central concept with varying degrees of success.... but mostly enjoyable. liking where they've taken S2 when the concept could've certainly been stalled out with a weaker or less interested team.

1 hour ago, beer 30 said:

Still plodding through Travelers but man it's got me hooked. Like when you get home the only thing you want to do is plow through some episodes hooked. Really enjoying S2 :thumbup::thumbup:

Interested to discuss the ending when you guys get there.  Spoiler tags of course.

Wasn't a fan of how Season 2 concluded.

• Like 1

I'm midway through "Atlanta" (on Hulu) and still a big fan of it. Donald Glover has done a great job with it but especially with casting. I find my loyalties, in terms of favorites, shifting almost episode to episode. It's a fun watch.

"Legion", also on Hulu, looks interesting to keep watching after the first episode. Really strong, well done kick off to S1.

Two newer Netflix shows - "Wanted" and "Shetland" - that we stumbled onto. "Wanted" is an Aussie import, kind of a cop show and apparently really popular down there. "Shetland" is British import that takes place in the Shetland islands. It's gorgeous to look at (similar to "Hinterland" in that regard) but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Not much tension in Episode 1.

And, finally, there is "The Grand Tour" on Amazon. My 7 year old boy loves the show. We're likely going to watch older episodes of "Top Gear" because he loves it so much.

3 minutes ago, saintfool said:

"Legion", also on Hulu, looks interesting to keep watching after the first episode. Really strong, well done kick off to S1.

I watched this on Fx. I enjoyed this show and it had an amazing payoff in the 2nd last episode.

• Like 1

I've gotten sucked into Grand Designs but Netflix only offers 2 of 18 seasons. The UK channel 4 site lets you stream the other seasons but it's not available to US residents, and the dvd sets are coded to not work in the US. Is there any way to watch the other seasons?

Edited by mrip541
On 12/30/2017 at 7:22 AM, audiophile said:

I’m 3 episodes in to the new Netflix documentary “the toys that made us.”  I’m enjoying it.  Not wow’d, but worth watching IMO.

I watched Star Wars and He-Man, I'm enjoying it. :thumbup: Some great nostalgia, really brought back a lot of fond memories(and not so fond like the Boba Fett bait and switch <_< ) 

Edited by Kraft...

Finished Season 1 of The Last Kingdom; think I saw it mentioned here a while back and that's how I noticed it when skimming potential new shows.

Quite hooked and hoping that a 3rd season is in the works since I see that only 2 exist.  The Viking warlord Ubba was damn fantastic!

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, That one guy said:

Finished Season 1 of The Last Kingdom; think I saw it mentioned here a while back and that's how I noticed it when skimming potential new shows.

Quite hooked and hoping that a 3rd season is in the works since I see that only 2 exist.  The Viking warlord Ubba was damn fantastic!

Fantastic show. Best thing I've watched on Netflix. I think (?) I read that a third season is planned. My 17 yr old son watched it on his own and loves it (so far) also.

I finished Wormwood last night.  If you are thinking about watching it even though people in this thread were kinda meh about it, don't.  It sounded like something right up my alley and I'm easily amused and I still didn't like it.  Like everyone said it was slow and the style was confusing, but my biggest problem was:

I just didn't care about the central mystery.  Whether the CIA killed him by dosing him without his permission and driving him to suicide or actually threw the guy out the window themselves seems fairly inconsequential.  Either way they were doing some extremely shady stuff that ended with them killing him.  What difference does it make exactly how they did it?

Now if it was part of a much larger pattern of domestic assassinations like they hinted at at the end of the final episode, that would be interesting. But they rolled through that incredibly fascinating bit in like 2 minutes, so they'd have more time for Hersh and Olson to say the same thing for the fourth time.

2 hours ago, mrip541 said:

I've gotten sucked into Grand Designs but Netflix only offers 2 of 18 seasons. The UK channel 4 site lets you stream the other seasons but it's not available to US residents, and the dvd sets are coded to not work in the US. Is there any way to watch the other seasons?

VPN 

On 1/2/2018 at 0:09 PM, cosjobs said:

a lot of buzz on this released today. Some academy/oscar talk.

Mustang Island is up on Netflix

4 hours ago, dgreen said:

What’s the rating on this? What ages do you recommend?

I don’t recall seeing a rating, but it’s a very PG movie for anyone wondering. Really well done. Unique. Some good laughs. 4.127/5 for me. 

ETA: I gave you a :thumbup: on Netflix. Good job @cosjobs  

Edited by dgreen
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, facook said:

Whelp...watched episode 1 of Black Mirror.  Hate everyone who recommended it. :shock:

Episode 1, season 1 or season 4? 

That is the nice thing about anthology series, you may hate one episode but love the next one :thumbup:

1 hour ago, JoeSteeler said:

Episode 1, season 1 or season 4? 

That is the nice thing about anthology series, you may hate one episode but love the next one :thumbup:

Season 1.  It actually wasn't AS disturbing as I'd feared, reading/hearing some of the spoilers the last however long.  But it certainly wasn't a FUN watch.

Watched Before I Wake last night upon wifey's suggestion...it gets a "meh" score

I think it's supposed to be a horror, but mixed with some heart felt story line that is "revealed" at the end; though I called it early on.  It probably could have been a good movie were it given a bigger budget and better cast; so I guess the story itself wasn't horrible, it was just the delivery.

I watched Bright last night.  It was a really cool idea but like it's been said before it wasn't all that great.  They just seemed to miss on a cool idea for a movie.  Regardless of that I still enjoyed it.  I didn't think it was bad, it just wasn't really good.  It was worth watching and I didn't feel like I wasted my time.  It was one of those movies that when it was over I thought to myself how much better it could've been.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, That one guy said:

Maybe I'm just jaded, but Bright looks like a movie with an unsuccessfully hidden social commentary storyline, kinda like Pandora...or maybe I just like District 9 and think that "message" is too on the nose with these newer attempts

On 12/28/2017 at 9:20 AM, belljr said:

So I just signed up for Netflix in December.  LOOK AT ME!@@!

If I knew I could watch all of Cheers I would have signed up long ago.  

Started from the beginning - only 1 season in GOD I LOVE THIS SHOW

ETA: - I watched it originally just haven't seen it in so long

Watching these again, it seems like Frasier has aged much better than Cheers...

On 1/5/2018 at 0:59 PM, Statorama said:

Interested to discuss the ending when you guys get there.  Spoiler tags of course.

Wasn't a fan of how Season 2 concluded.

Man I gotta agree. Was kinda disappointed with everyone turning on the crew and being outed by 001. Only thing I can think is  setting up some kind of war next season between the Faction (who is a perfect fit for 001) and the rest of the Travelers with humanity in the middle? I don’t know but I didn’t like the ending either. Very well written season.

2 hours ago, beer 30 said:

Hide contents

Man I gotta agree. Was kinda disappointed with everyone turning on the crew and being outed by 001. Only thing I can think is  setting up some kind of war next season between the Faction (who is a perfect fit for 001) and the rest of the Travelers with humanity in the middle? I don’t know but I didn’t like the ending either. Very well written season.

(Travelers S2 spoiler)

Overall I liked the season, just had some problems with the ending...

I don't like the whole 001 can inhabit any body he wants, seemed kinda cheesy.  Also, thought it would have been easy for an FBI agent to say his wife has been kidnapped and the maniac that took her is making him say some crazy stuff.  Problem with shows like this is that they have to make things like the FBI seem like they only have 12 agents.  Also, if my wife were being held captive and I said I was from the future, it would be a quick conversation with me saying "he wanted me to say that to free you", and her saying "thanks".

Edited by Statorama
  • Like 1