What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (7 Viewers)

El Floppo said:
I'm in about the same spot.

but there have been a few moments that had me genuinely laughing out loud- the girl in particular has some good lines. also liked seeing the boy finally punch his completely undeserving dad in the face.
I liked it quite a bit. It really needed to be as short as it was, though - if they dragged out the road trip for hours, it would have been a bit much to take. 

So was that it? No season 2? If so that was a pretty good little contained story. 
None that I've seen. It seems to be attracting a lot of attention though, so I wouldn't be shocked if they drummed up a S2. Without giving anything away, I feel like they really shouldn't. 

Evilgrin 72 said:
I didn't go back to look and the search function is fruitless, so I'll just ask.  Sorry if it's been discussed already.

Anyone else watch "The End of the F***ing World"?  What an odd show.  8 episodes, all 20-22 minutes long, so you can binge it in under 3 hours if so desired.  Ultimately a (very) black comedy about teen angst through the lens of of two wayward British 17 year olds.
The show had me rooting for two homicidal sociopaths. 

Evilgrin 72 said:
I didn't go back to look and the search function is fruitless, so I'll just ask.  Sorry if it's been discussed already.

Anyone else watch "The End of the F***ing World"?  What an odd show.  8 episodes, all 20-22 minutes long, so you can binge it in under 3 hours if so desired.  Ultimately a (very) black comedy about teen angst through the lens of of two wayward British 17 year olds.
We binged this on Saturday night. Awkwardly decent is how I’d describe it. I wasn’t blown away, but at the same time I didn’t regret watching it. 

Worm said:
El Floppo said:
we're all pretty much in agreement about that... and I wish I could say it gets better. there's some discussion about whether the actor is doing a bad job, or if it's just that the character is meant (written) to be that way. either way, it's a bit distracting. but at the end of the day, doesn't interfere with what becomes a pretty compelling tv show.
Thanks... maybe I'll give it a couple more episodes and see how it goes.
Yeah, I stopped after the first one and am looking to give it another shot. The actor was so bad and the scene in the dance club when they were yelling at each other and they needed to use subtitles drove me nuts.

Evilgrin 72 said:

I'm all for dark, but it was too weird for me.  

I'm binge napping the crown with my wife.  We are 4 or 5 episodes into the series and I've fallen asleep 3 times before the end of an episode.  I usually like historical type shows, and I like Lithgow as Churchill, I just not into the royal family at all.

I'm binge napping the crown with my wife.  We are 4 or 5 episodes into the series and I've fallen asleep 3 times before the end of an episode.  I usually like historical type shows, and I like Lithgow as Churchill, I just not into the royal family at all.
I wasn't and still am not terribly, but I found the series to be outstanding tv on all levels.

Evilgrin 72 said:

Loved it.

saintfool said:
Almost finished with "Atlanta" and it's a big hit with me. Funny, bubbling with ideas, and decidedly original. I really like a show that I don't know where any episode is going, much less the season.  
The pacing and plot are very odd for a TV series, but I loved it. Very original.

Someone earlier said they began to understand the "language" after a few episodes. Is this not the case? Subtitles the whole way through?
I didn't have an issue picking up the accents but I like sub titles on most  things anyway so I don't miss some the quieter lines in shows/movies.

The Office questions:

I’ve watched the entire series three times through. I have often wondered what’s the deal with the conference room. Sometimes it’s got a conference table and sometimes it’s full of chairs and no table at all. It doesn’t look like a folding conference table? What’s the deal?

Who’s your favorite character? 

Going to say it again...If you haven't watched Peaky Blinders... Shame on you. Best show on Netflix IMO.
I think this is next on my Netflix list

gianmarco said:
I started a thread on this a while ago but we watch with subtitles all the time now for all shows. So easy to miss little things that you just don't when they are on.
Same here, I watch everything with subtitles now, only way to go.

Beef Ravioli said:
The Office questions:

I’ve watched the entire series three times through. I have often wondered what’s the deal with the conference room. Sometimes it’s got a conference table and sometimes it’s full of chairs and no table at all. It doesn’t look like a folding conference table? What’s the deal?

You're talking about NBC "Office", right?

I don't believe anyone has mentioned it yet, but I binged the #### out of "La Casa de papel" and thought it was fantastic.  Give it 4.5 out of 5 stars from me.

I enjoyed Mindhunters okay.  I can fully understand the dislike of the Holden actor, but I thought he did well (the awkward and unnecessary interaction with the gf, not withstanding).  I really liked Tench, but geez that guy's liver and lungs must be destroyed.  

Beef Ravioli said:
The Office questions:

The Party Planning Committee handles conference room furniture layouts.  Though sometimes Michael sets it up himself when he spontaneously orders everyone into the conference room.

Favorite main cast character: Michael Scott

Favorite chorus character: Kevin Malone

Most Underrated character: Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

5 episodes in (Peaky) and the subtitles were a game changer. At this point, I don't think I need them anymore, but will leave them on so I don't miss something. 

Thanks FFA!
We kept them on throughout even though I could understand most of it. There's just the occasional slang term or whisper that makes keeping on subtitles worth it. Tom Hardy takes a little getting used to and they really helped with him.

If you haven't watched The Punisher yet.. What the :censored: are you doing!?!?!?

Seriously, it jumped to number 1 on my list of the "Marvel" series on Netflix I have watched. My wife, who normally doesn't care for those type of shows, was even hooked.

Punisher
Jessica Jones

Luke Cage

Didn't get past episode 2 of Defenders so I guess I should retry that..
Also heard good things about DareDevil but each time I think I am going to start it, something else like Season 2 of Stranger Things or Travelers comes out and it slips down my list.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you haven't watched The Punisher yet.. What the :censored: are you doing!?!?!?

Seriously, it jumped to number 1 on my list of the "Marvel" series on Netflix I have watched. My wife, who normally doesn't care for those type of shows, was even hooked.

Punisher
Jessica Jones

Luke Cage

Didn't get past episode 2 of Defenders so I guess I should retry that..
Also heard good things about DareDevil but each time I think I am going to start it, something else like Season 2 of Stranger Things or Travelers comes out and it slips down my list.
There were a couple of scenes where the violence was over the top in Punisher, but I liked the plot and characters. Female Homeland Security agent was a terrible actor, though. Daredevil is probably the best Netflix Marvel show. Iron Fist is goofy, but pretty fun to watch. Couldn't finish Jessica Jones.

There were a couple of scenes where the violence was over the top in Punisher, but I liked the plot and characters. Female Homeland Security agent was a terrible actor, though. Daredevil is probably the best Netflix Marvel show. Iron Fist is goofy, but pretty fun to watch. Couldn't finish Jessica Jones.
My wife checked out Punisher during the scene where Frank was tied to a chair and tortured.  She was fully out after that.

How far did you get with JJ?  The arc with her and David Tennant was pretty satisfying.

My wife checked out Punisher during the scene where Frank was tied to a chair and tortured.  She was fully out after that.

How far did you get with JJ?  The arc with her and David Tennant was pretty satisfying.
Interesting. I only watched about four eps, so maybe I should give it another shot.

Users who are viewing this thread