What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (9 Viewers)

Also creates some linkages with the Luke Cage storyline, so if you like that character JJ helps flesh that out.
Really liked Luke Cage in JJ but it seemed his story was better as a secondary character as I didn't care for "his" series at all. :mellow:

https://youtu.be/33dztfqRu_k

A Futile and Stupid Gesture | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix

A Futile and Stupid Gesture is the story of comedy wunderkind Doug Kenney, who co-created the National Lampoon, Caddyshack, and Animal House. Kenney was at the center of the 70’s comedy counter-culture which gave birth to Saturday Night Live and a whole generation's way of looking at the world.

Jan 26th

https://youtu.be/33dztfqRu_k

A Futile and Stupid Gesture | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix

A Futile and Stupid Gesture is the story of comedy wunderkind Doug Kenney, who co-created the National Lampoon, Caddyshack, and Animal House. Kenney was at the center of the 70’s comedy counter-culture which gave birth to Saturday Night Live and a whole generation's way of looking at the world.

Jan 26th
man, I grew up with "The National Lampoon" magazine.  Loved Mad magazine - but it took a 2nd place when I found Nat. Lampoon.  Couple of books out there about the growth of the magazine and Lampoon enterprise - good stuff. 

Going to join the crowd and highly recommend Travelers. Thought it was very well done.. :thumbup:

Will say the last episode enters the time travel Mind bleep as many time travel shows do, so be prepared.
:thumbup: just a few episodes in so far, really liking it but not enough to binge it and ignore other shows on TV I like (shield, flash, Trevor Noah). 

Not a Netflix original but watched it on Netflix - the good place is awesome. Just finished season 1.

Finally watched the Chapelle specials.  He was always strong, but he has transcended comedy for me...almost not fair to call him a comedian anymore, and I found such truth in what he was saying, I almost felt strange listening to the audience laugh.
:yes:

Still hilarious, but as you said, his social commentary is dead on.

It's been out since 2014 but I watched Kilo 2 Bravo last night. Tough watch, I hate movies where the plot revolves around mines. The uncertainty throughout the movie was pretty incredible. You'll want to watch it with captions on unless you've spent a fair amount of time in Britain.

The plot is based on the true story of Mark Wright and of a small unit of British soldiers positioned near the Kajaki dam, in Afghanistan. A three-man patrol sets out to disable a Taliban roadblock. In a dried out river bed at the foot of the ridge, one of the patrol detonates a land mine, blowing off his leg and setting into motion a desperate rescue mission. His fellow soldiers come to his aid, only to find themselves trapped in an unmarked minefield, a relic of the Soviet campaign in the 1980s. With no way out, any movement risks certain injury and possible death. Out of this harrowing day came extraordinary tales of bravery, selflessness and heroism, but also tragic consequences, for leader Corporal Mark Wright and his comrades, who risked their own lives to help each other.

I watched The End of the F***ing World over the weekend and really enjoyed it.  One of the best shows I've ever watched on Netflix.  Very funny and entertaining.  Certainly one of those "not for everyone" shows though.  But I don't mind the weirdness and darkness.  Actually, that's kind of up my alley.

I watched The End of the F***ing World over the weekend and really enjoyed it.  One of the best shows I've ever watched on Netflix.  Very funny and entertaining.  Certainly one of those "not for everyone" shows though.  But I don't mind the weirdness and darkness.  Actually, that's kind of up my alley.
I liked it a lot too.  I won't recommend it to anyone I know IRL, though.  I figure people will either really like it or think I'm borderline insane for telling them to watch it.  Not enough reward/risk...  :lol:

I wrapped it up this weekend too, same. For quirky, the characters are all well written and fleshed out.

Is there a second season coming it proposed?

My wife binged Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon) while she was sick and I caught a few partial episodes.  Going to pick it up from the beginning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wrapped it up this weekend too, same. For quirky, the characters are all well written and fleshed out.

Is there a second season coming it proposed?
I always forget how to do spoiler tags so I'll just say that there are some interesting articles recently published discussing a possible season 2.

Something "similar" I could equate it too?

Something "similar" I could equate it too?
I don't know.  I just read an article that mentioned Fargo and Twin Peaks.  I'm not sure Fargo is right and I've never seen Twin Peaks.  Maybe the movie Heathers but I haven't seen that in a long time so I'm not sure.  I'll have to think about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched "Never Let Me Go" with Keira Knightley, Carey Mulligan, and Andrew Garfield. Has nice bit parts for Charlotte Rampling, Sally Hawkins, and Domnhall Gleeson. Alex Garland ("The Beach", "Ex Machina") did the adaptation of a fine Kazuo Ishiguro novel. Mulligan is terrific in this while Knightly is going against type a bit. A curious sort of dystopian future story where folks are cloned to be harvested later to help prolong lives. Central drama is the kind of love triangle between the leads. I rather liked it but I'm good with these tightly wound, emotionally repressed English dramas. 

Juxtatarot said:
I thought it was fantastic.

Didn't love his fantasies about killing a teenage girl. But mostly, it was excellent.

BloodLines, Stranger Things, Travelers, House of Cards, Jessica Jones are all top notch for me.. The OA was "strange" but enjoyable and I am looking forward to season 2...

I know it is a "Love it or Hate it" show with little in-between, but Santa Clarita Diet had me :lmao: many, many times and I am looking forward to season 2.
Alright just finished The OA. Really ####### disappointed in the payoff on that show. WTF was that?

Watched the first five Daredevil's and the hype is justified. If you're on the fence, check it out. Doesn't waste a lot of time, gets right into it. Does origin stuff effectively through flashback. 

Watched the first five Daredevil's and the hype is justified. If you're on the fence, check it out. Doesn't waste a lot of time, gets right into it. Does origin stuff effectively through flashback. 
If you're just getting to Daredevil, you need to watch more tv.   Probably wasting time on life enriching nonsense.  

meh, i guess. i watched the first season and didn't think enough of it to bother with 2nd one. haven't bothered with Iron First, Luke Cage, or Defenders either. i watched JJ because i like Ritter but, even then, i bailed after S1.  

meh, i guess. i watched the first season and didn't think enough of it to bother with 2nd one. haven't bothered with Iron First, Luke Cage, or Defenders either. i watched JJ because i like Ritter but, even then, i bailed after S1.  
:mellow: there has only been one season..

I haven't watched any superhero series but I intend to give Punisher a shot at some point.

First time in this thread. Sorry if this has already come up. Just watched episode 2 of MindHunter. First episode is a bit of a snoozer and was not planning on coming back for episode 2, but a coworker told me to watch another episode. I'm in for at least a season now. 

Users who are viewing this thread