Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)

13 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

Maybe. Something about his appearance and shaggy hair didn’t jive in E1 that portrayed him as being this elite green beret veteran. 

Also, the whole train scene felt forced and rushed. The only good thing going for that opening was that the sister was hot. 

Didn't see that. Only Season 2 premier (I think that is what it was). He was in a prison and set up an escape by fighting people over time and getting beat the crap out of... then made his move and took off. I liked how they did it. Music and action sequence etc was all pretty good. I got busy after that so I have no idea about the real acting, directing etc of the show.

• Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoever invented the skip intro button, we salute you

Wife and I just added HBO Max. Started watching this little known show, think it's called Game of Thrones or something. Guess it's based on a book. Almost through the first season, which has been grea

alter carbon on netflix is pretty good brohans i recommend watching it but it has a ton of nudity so if you younger cats have kids around its no beauno take that to the bank bromigos 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

Anyone in on Money Heist yet?  Terrible title, I assume they couldn't translate the original title La Casa de Papel because it's too similar to House of Cards.  But it looks awesome, has great reviews on IMDB and I dug the first episode. Also there's this.

On 1/24/2018 at 10:19 AM, guru_007 said:

I don't believe anyone has mentioned it yet, but I binged the #### out of "La Casa de papel" and thought it was fantastic.  Give it 4.5 out of 5 stars from me.

• Like 1
On 2/11/2018 at 3:16 PM, avoiding injuries said:

The TV show “Taken” was recommended for me. I did two episodes last night. Lots of action and bad acting. 

Anyone watched this?

I watched an episode and a half. Awful.

Whoever cast the lead should never be allowed to cast a show anywhere ever,

Did you get 13 episodes or 15? Netflix only had 13, yet it ended at their hideout/training ground. I see 2 additional episodes appear on terrarium yet i cant get any steams. I also see a season 2 on terrarium so I'm confused when it ends.

I've enjoyed the heck out of it and look forward to the conclusion.

33 minutes ago, falguy said:

Did you get 13 episodes or 15? Netflix only had 13, yet it ended at their hideout/training ground. I see 2 additional episodes appear on terrarium yet i cant get any steams. I also see a season 2 on terrarium so I'm confused when it ends.

I've enjoyed the heck out of it and look forward to the conclusion.

What show?

2 hours ago, Chadstroma said:

Didn't see that. Only Season 2 premier (I think that is what it was). He was in a prison and set up an escape by fighting people over time and getting beat the crap out of... then made his move and took off. I liked how they did it. Music and action sequence etc was all pretty good. I got busy after that so I have no idea about the real acting, directing etc of the show.

I think we might be talking about different shows. I’m seeing 10 episodes and nothing about a Season 2. 

1 minute ago, Chadstroma said:

:lol:

Taken

Clive Standon (Rollo) is Mills. Jennifer Beals is in it.

Yes! Did you watch season 1? It opens with the train scene. I see nothing on Netflix for a season 2. 

Check out “Taken” on Netflix https://www.netflix.com/title/80158104?s=i&trkid=14170286

50 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Yes! Did you watch season 1? It opens with the train scene. I see nothing on Netflix for a season 2. 

Check out “Taken” on Netflix https://www.netflix.com/title/80158104?s=i&trkid=14170286

Nope. I didn't see it. I think it is in season 2 now... I guess Netflix doesn't carry it until the season is over? I caught this on whatever network it is on a few weeks ago.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

Holy cow...I had no idea that was Rollo. I loved Rollo in Vikings but strongly dislike him as Mills. 

This may give me a new perspective, right or not. 

Just started with Vikings this past week.  Up to episode 6 or 7.  Liked them all so far.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, SWC said:

alter carbon on netflix is pretty good brohans i recommend watching it but it has a ton of nudity so if you younger cats have kids around its no beauno take that to the bank bromigos 

full frontal from ortega in episode 5.  i took that to the bank.

• Like 1

Retribution     ( 4 / 5 )

If you do a search for "Retribution" you're likely to find multiple results.  The one I watched is a 4 episode mini series with Georgina Campbell, Joe Dempsie and Adrian Edmondson.  A story about a newlywed couple murdered and the story that follows.  I thought this was really good and highly recommend.  It has some of the same flaws that a lot of these Netflix mini series have in that they introduce characters that you have no idea what their relationship is to the story, and sometimes it's revealed later on and sometimes it's not revealed at all and you find yourself asking yourself, "wait...who is that guy? and was he the same guy in the last scene?  This show has some of that, and it has one story line that needed more development, but overall the primary story line all comes together really really well. 

Southcliffe     ( 2.5 / 5 )

If you watch Retribution, Netflix then recommends Southcliffe.  This one is really dark, and depressing. Another 4 episode mini series.  Can't say I would recommend it, just because I doubt it would have any kind of universal appeal, however, I did like it, but need to watch it again to fully understand what I was watching.  It has a lot of really bad continuity issues, and strange flashback segments that jump in and out of past and present without warning. I'm still not sure if the kid in the flashbacks getting bullied turns out to be the mass shooter or the reporter.  (that's not quite as much of a spoiler as you might think).

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Dan Lambskin said:
19 hours ago, shuke said:

I wish we could just make this the general TV thread.  

Looks like I'm going to need to become a hulu subscriber with the Stephen King show coming this summer.

Hide contents

it’s gonna suck

Why do you think that?  Mr. Mercedes was excellent and 11/22/63 was very good.  I think when they try to cram one of his books into a 2 hour movie it turns to ####.  See Dark Tower.

1 hour ago, jdoggydogg said:

Wathed Goodfellas for the 20th time streaming on Netflix. Still great. One of the rarest things: a perfect movie.

All day long, the poor guy's been watching helicopters and tomato sauce.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, Hov34 said:

Why do you think that?  Mr. Mercedes was excellent and 11/22/63 was very good.  I think when they try to cram one of his books into a 2 hour movie it turns to ####.  See Dark Tower.

Just seems like a lot of his stuff doesn’t translate well to TV/Movies

i hope it’s good but personally have low expectations. 

On 2/14/2018 at 11:38 AM, jdoggydogg said:

Wathed Goodfellas for the 20th time streaming on Netflix. Still great. One of the rarest things: a perfect movie.

That monster scene where they go into the restaurant is magnificent. It's filmed non stop. Not a single cut to show a different angle, nothing. And they nailed it on the second take. It's brilliant. 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Paulymaggs said:

Sat through 5 episodes of this crown garbage.

Boring as a roknrole thread. 

Fvking spent 20 minutes of dialogue explaining to the husband why they weren't going to keep his last name. :rolleyes:

And lithgow trying to pull off the brit accent...:bye:

Yeah I gave up at around 4 or 5 episodes too. Way too boring. No clue how people can sit through such boring subject matter just for cinematography.

• Like 2

"Mudbound" was really good. As someone that grew up in the South and spent time in communities like those depicted in the film, it is fairly accurate. Good cast mostly. Garrett Hedlund was surprisingly good in this as was Carey Mulligan. Beautifully shot too.

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

It is completely carried by Rachel Brosnahan.  Thought it was odd how she was winning all the awards this past year while I hadn't heard of the show.  I understand now.  Pulling off extended stand-up segments is not easy.

It's not all great though.  Often times it's like a Jewish Big-Fat-Greek Wedding.  Most of the side characters are one-dimensional.  

Show has great production design and is kind of a guilty pleasure of idealized 50's culture.

It's worth watching for Brosnahan.  I could watch her measure herself everyday.:wub: 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, belljr said:

How do I remove shows out of my watched queue.   There are a couple I don't plan on finishing but they still show up

On the PS4 what has worked for me is I go to the final episode, fast forward until the last minute or so, and let it run through the credits and end naturally.  It may still be in the continue watching queue until you reboot, but it should be gone the next time you log on.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, RC94 said:

On the PS4 what has worked for me is I go to the final episode, fast forward until the last minute or so, and let it run through the credits and end naturally.  It may still be in the continue watching queue until you reboot, but it should be gone the next time you log on.

Genius.

4 hours ago, belljr said:

How do I remove shows out of my watched queue.   There are a couple I don't plan on finishing but they still show up

Click the upper right icon, go to your Account.

Click Viewing Activity.

Click the X next to things you want to remove from your viewing history.

• Like 3

Just finished The OA. My wife picked that one and it held my interest more than I thought it would. A bit scary ending given recent real life events. Not sure how they pick up and make a Season 2. Was surprised to learn the lead actress was one of the main creators and writers. 

10 hours ago, Tick said:

Click the upper right icon, go to your Account.

Click Viewing Activity.

Click the X next to things you want to remove from your viewing history.

Thank you.  Never logged in via pc.  Only tv app or phone app

On 2/6/2018 at 3:22 PM, jdoggydogg said:

:yes:

...But anyway, Berlin Babylon is unlike most things I've seen. And it appears to have a huge budget - so it looks incredible.

I went into it thinking I would not like it (and listening to German and reading subtitles). I was wrong. This is a very good and compelling show. Even though it's fiction wrapped around historical events, it had me Google'ing interwar Germany, etc. for some background information.

• Like 3
On 2/18/2018 at 8:01 PM, Daywalker said:

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

It is completely carried by Rachel Brosnahan.  Thought it was odd how she was winning all the awards this past year while I hadn't heard of the show.  I understand now.  Pulling off extended stand-up segments is not easy.

It's not all great though.  Often times it's like a Jewish Big-Fat-Greek Wedding.  Most of the side characters are one-dimensional.  

Show has great production design and is kind of a guilty pleasure of idealized 50's culture.

It's worth watching for Brosnahan.  I could watch her measure herself everyday.:wub: 

I've seen this mentioned a few times (though not actually Netflix).  The description on Prime seems to indicate that it is partly a musical (?)  True?  Cuz that is keeping me away.

"Berlin Babylon" was good enough to keep me interested in watching more. "Altered Carbon", however, was not. I've been jones'ing for a good sci-fi series though and may give "The Expanse" another try. It's hard for sci-fi shows to be good because they have to tread a thin line in explaining, constructing their universe without grinding the narrative to a halt. It doesn't need to be airtight but "Altered Carbon" was just a mess. Nevermind the acting was pretty horrid.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, TripItUp said:

Gave "The Punisher" a shot...not bad and I like the main dude, but so far kinda cliché....not a lot of originality 3 episodes in.

Wait for it :popcorn: