What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (9 Viewers)

Started Peaky Blinders last night and couldn't stop watching....so good.
I recently flew through all 4 seasons on Netflix.  I think each year was slightly less enjoyable but still probably the most entertaining series I have followed over multiple seasons.  I believe there's at least one more season so looking forward to that whenever it comes out. I think I could jump back to season one and rewatch already.

I'm on like episode 6 of Lost in Space.  It's ok, not great, certainly no Dr. Foster, but easily watchable with hope that it'll hit its stride. 
Watching this now

decent show (not great) with excellent cinematography and production values IMHO....

the Dr. Smith character gets a bad rap from thing I have seen posted online, I am totally OK with the character as written and acted in this version...

Wrapped up Wild Wild Country at lunch today.  Highly recommended.  I did a little internet research afterwards, and it appears the documentary wasn't always accurate in the "facts" but that probably goes with the territory.

I'd love to have a sit down with the lawyer guy just so I could punch him in the throat.
Really?

He was the one guy I liked...a lot of the others came off as kind of nasty

Has anybody else downloaded the Upflix app?

it shows you new releases and let’s you sort by IMDB, RT ratings etc

i wish it could do a lot more, but it’s the only app I know that does something to help sort through...

Watching this now

decent show (not great) with excellent cinematography and production values IMHO....

the Dr. Smith character gets a bad rap from thing I have seen posted online, I am totally OK with the character as written and acted in this version...
Parker Posey was fine as far as acting as Dr Smith. I would eject Dr Smith into space just because,  why would anyone put up with the #### Dr Smith pulls.

Really?

He was the one guy I liked...a lot of the others came off as kind of nasty
His over the top reference for an obviously (to me) fake guru put me off.  He is probably a really smart person, who was a lost soul at the right time to latch on to this guy.  Otherwise he probably would have been a decent person.  He also justified a number of things that went on just because they were legal, or technically not illegal, even though they weren't the "right thing" to do to an outside observer.

Just finished it

what an amazing documentary and what a fascinating and crazy story.  Thought-provoking, as well...
I just finished it last night too. What if @Rove! is actually my wife and she sometimes gets bored and trolls me in the politics subforum :unsure:

Anyway, IMO one of the best Netflix projects ever, maybe #1, definitely top 5.

Starting Wild Wild Country now.  My CFO had dinner last weekend with a guy who lived there. Ivy league education, very smart.  Loved it there. Regaled my colleague with stories.  Lotta brilliant peoe got sucked into this vortex.

Can't wait to watch.

It's a great show but the storytelling seems to go off the rails the later into the season they get (except for The Jacket, that was awesome)... I really like the show but I think it would be better if they did less one-off weird eps and focused on story arcs more.   I like what they're doing either way, it just feels like they lose focus some.
The Teddy Perkins episode was ####### amazing.

Rove! said:
Has anybody else downloaded the Upflix app?

it shows you new releases and let’s you sort by IMDB, RT ratings etc

i wish it could do a lot more, but it’s the only app I know that does something to help sort through...
i heard of something called Flutter that is supposed to do something similar.

Not sure if it was mentioned here or not but worth mentioning again regardless.   Icarus on Netflix is outstanding, truly riveting.  Highly recommend it.  

Seems like they want it both ways. Themes are a little more mature, but the rest is geared for 10-12 yos..and not very sophisticated ones.

Agree.  Most of my dislike was centered around Parker Posey's character. I couldn't reserve my disbelief regarding everything she did; it was too unrealistic even for a sci-fi fiction antagonist.   It tried and finally gave up when she saw the kid walk the robot off the hill then she went down and start putting it back together. I turned it off there and didn't watch anymore  I'm actually pissed that I watched it that far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously? I love Bosch. I'm not saying its the best show on tv, but I think its my favorite. Really love it.
Seriously. I've read a dozen or so of the novels. I was happy to hear they were making the series and happier Titus Welliver was cast in the role. Season one, bones, serial killer, lots of intensity and great acting. Well done cathartic and comic relief. Season 2 reworking the Last Coyote and Trunk Music into one cohesive wild ride, delivered.  Season 3 pretty good stuff, Black Echo, nothing amazing, but still all in. Season 4, um... slow, depressing, predictable, no relief from the slow roll, went for the Black Lives Matter element to be current using a lame novel called Angel's Flight. Meh. 

Seriously. I've read a dozen or so of the novels. I was happy to hear they were making the series and happier Titus Welliver was cast in the role. Season one, bones, serial killer, lots of intensity and great acting. Well done cathartic and comic relief. Season 2 reworking the Last Coyote and Trunk Music into one cohesive wild ride, delivered.  Season 3 pretty good stuff, Black Echo, nothing amazing, but still all in. Season 4, um... slow, depressing, predictable, no relief from the slow roll, went for the Black Lives Matter element to be current using a lame novel called Angel's Flight. Meh. 
Huh. I never read any of the books. I wonder if that makes a difference. Probably.

Starting Wild Wild Country now.  My CFO had dinner last weekend with a guy who lived there. Ivy league education, very smart.  Loved it there. Regaled my colleague with stories.  Lotta brilliant peoe got sucked into this vortex.

Can't wait to watch.
I thought it was fascinating.  It actually crept into my dreams a couple of times, where I dreamed there was a group of people trying to poison me.  Will be interested in your thoughts.  Growing up within an hour of there, I remember a lot of it but there was a lot in the doc I was not aware of.  My folks refuse to watch it...too much anger left over from those days.

i like the new lost in space from netflix it makes me feel like a dog gone kid again and that my brohans is pretty cool take that to the bank brochachos

Manhunt: Unabomber is surprisingly good.  Not nearly as cheesy or low rent as I anticipated.  The commercial cuts are awkward and poorly timed, but that's about my only complaint.  I was in my young 20s in the mid-90s and remember pretty much none of the events, other than him being arrested.  So the story is new to me and I'm really enjoying it.  I will say that Jane Lynch impressed me as Janet Reno, but I kept snickering because I'd get a flash of Will Farrell as Janet Reno in my head. :D  

I'm 7 episodes into Babylon Berlin and I'm having a tough time keeping up with the plot. There's a lot of characters and the subtitles don't help either.
Am I the only one?
Seriously though, you know which one is Charlotte?  You know which one is Gereon?  You know which one is Bruno?  If that’s not enough you may need to pull the shoot. 

Seriously though, you know which one is Charlotte?  You know which one is Gereon?  You know which one is Bruno?  If that’s not enough you may need to pull the shoot. 
If that's the low standard being set, I get the feeling you've missed out on more of the show than I have. :P

EYLive said:
I'm 7 episodes into Babylon Berlin and I'm having a tough time keeping up with the plot. There's a lot of characters and the subtitles don't help either.
Am I the only one?
I loved the series. But yeah, it's a lot to keep track of.

Users who are viewing this thread