What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (11 Viewers)

Well we're probably different in that we don't binge. It took us over a month to watch the 10 episode season. I assumed people who binge, blast through all the seasons in a row.
Binge may not be the right word for me, but we watch only slightly faster than your pace.  Though there were exceptions, like the first season of Broadchurch.  After watching the first couple during the week, it turned into a lost Saturday to finish that up.  Mostly though, we'll sit down and watch an episode 2-4 nights a week.

Watched the entire most recent season and found it to be fairly weak. Didn't need to see Brian Regan a second time and Kate McKinnon was trying way too hard in her episode.

Zach G, Baldwin, Chapelle and Tracey Morgan were the highlights for me. 

I always thought in the "Seinfeld" creative team, Larry David was the miserable SOB and Jerry was the nice guy. The more I watch this show, the more I find Jerry to be the cranky, old curmudgeon.
I find these to be unwatchable. There’s no conversation. Just one of them says a quip and it’s a quick cutaway to a cup of coffee being poured. Another quip, quick cutaway to some waitress carrying eggs. Horrible. 

cosjobs said:
You'll love Dexter all the way through the last season. 

I found it morbidly fascinating a couple of seasons before it began to began to disgust me
Interesting.  I interpret this to mean that the people who think Dexter is an "antihero" and actually a good guy even though he's a sociopath get turned off as the series progresses into showing him as a less sympathetic character.  I'll stick with it.

Capella said:
I find these to be unwatchable. There’s no conversation. Just one of them says a quip and it’s a quick cutaway to a cup of coffee being poured. Another quip, quick cutaway to some waitress carrying eggs. Horrible. 
agreed.  the only one I watched all the way though was Stern.

First 3 episodes of Castle Rock dropped on Hulu today.  Good Stuff.  Just sucks for binge watchers that it's Hulu so you have to wait for new episodes.  

Saw Hired Gun a couple of weeks back on Netflix. It's about musicians who back up other touring artists, get called to fill in, do studio work, etc. It was just o.k., I'd like to have seen them try to incorporate some more prominent older musicians like that, and the guy who produced also just happened to be one of the musicians featured. I found the parts with Rudy Sarzo and Liberty DiVito the most interesting - particularly DeVito's perspective on how Billy Joel treated people and how it even eventually caught up with DeVito.

First 3 episodes of Castle Rock dropped on Hulu today.  Good Stuff.  Just sucks for binge watchers that it's Hulu so you have to wait for new episodes.  
Going to wait until they've all aired and do a 1 month free trial.

Good plan.  Be sure and catch The Handmaid's Tale while you have it too.  
We did that for Handmaids. 2 episodes left in season 1, really good show. We've gone over the month already but it's worth paying for another month. I really like Hulu's interface, very slick. They may have hooked me as a subscriber with all their old shows.

We did that for Handmaids. 2 episodes left in season 1, really good show. We've gone over the month already but it's worth paying for another month. I really like Hulu's interface, very slick. They may have hooked me as a subscriber with all their old shows.
I don't like that they don't display the details about a show or movie when it is highlighted.  :shrug:

Not the one with Julianne Moore, I take it? Met her once before she broke out and she's super nice. 
my buddy has worked with her and says she's the nicest woman he ever met. i once made a snarky remark about some picture of her and he near lost his #### with me because he "considers her to be like an aunt" to him.

cosjobs said:
You'll love Dexter all the way through the last season. 

I found it morbidly fascinating a couple of seasons before it began to began to disgust me

Interesting.  I interpret this to mean that the people who think Dexter is an "antihero" and actually a good guy even though he's a sociopath get turned off as the series progresses into showing him as a less sympathetic character.  I'll stick with it.
I think Dexter went off the rails in Season 6. 

7 and 8 were just comically bad...I bailed with three episodes to go in the series, that's how awful it got.

I think it's Hulu, but we've started up The Looming Tower. compelling stuff, even though something's a little amiss with it after the first 3 episodes. can't put my finger on it, but it might be the writing.. a bit heavyhanded and obvious. 

Watched a movie last night called "The Signal" (on Netflix). Thought it was pretty good and worth watching. Ending left me a little confused. Don't want to say anything else about it, even what it's generally about.
Enjoyed it too. Nothing special but like you said, worth the watch

I think it's Hulu, but we've started up The Looming Tower. compelling stuff, even though something's a little amiss with it after the first 3 episodes. can't put my finger on it, but it might be the writing.. a bit heavyhanded and obvious. 
It's very heavy handed. I also think there is a strict limit to how much Jeff Daniels a viewer can enjoy. On some level, this series feels cut rate. 

my buddy has worked with her and says she's the nicest woman he ever met. i once made a snarky remark about some picture of her and he near lost his #### with me because he "considers her to be like an aunt" to him.
this was back in '94-'95. my gf at the time was accepted to Columbia for grad school and we were looking at apartments on the UWS. we were over on like 110th Street and went over to the park by Riverside Drive. We had a dog that we'd be moving up with and wondered how safe the park was there. We just stepped into the jogging path because we saw this woman running and thought it would be good to ask her. She was like "You must not be from around here..." before talking with us for like 20 minutes. We asked what she did for a living and she said she was mostly a television actor. Didn't think of it until we saw her in "Vanya on 42nd Street" and "Safe" later. 

Is there a thread for just Amazon Prime? I really liked Absentia. Thx @joffer .  I'd like to see a Prime Vid thread as they have some good stuff but I find it difficult to find on my setup. I feel naughty posting their content in the Netflix thread. #PlzNoBan

Well we're probably different in that we don't binge. It took us over a month to watch the 10 episode season. I assumed people who binge, blast through all the seasons in a row.
That's interesting.  We usually binge and just go through the whole show (all seasons) - mainly because it helps me remember what is going on.  The whole "I'm going to rewatch season 1 leading up to season 2" annoyed me but was necessary at times because other I would find myself being lost while watching some shows that have a lot of characters or complex story lines.  Also, I'm stupid.

Great show.. season 2 is only a few weeks away :popcorn:
Did they always plan on multiple season?  I thought it was just a 8 episode run and that was it.  I was surprised when they started running promos for s2.  Agree with you - great show and we are definitely in for s2.

saintfool said:
this was back in '94-'95. my gf at the time was accepted to Columbia for grad school and we were looking at apartments on the UWS. we were over on like 110th Street and went over to the park by Riverside Drive. We had a dog that we'd be moving up with and wondered how safe the park was there. We just stepped into the jogging path because we saw this woman running and thought it would be good to ask her. She was like "You must not be from around here..." before talking with us for like 20 minutes. We asked what she did for a living and she said she was mostly a television actor. Didn't think of it until we saw her in "Vanya on 42nd Street" and "Safe" later. 
good news: she apparently hasn't let the fame go to her head

AAABatteries said:
Great show.. season 2 is only a few weeks away :popcorn:
Did they always plan on multiple season?  I thought it was just a 8 episode run and that was it.  I was surprised when they started running promos for s2.  Agree with you - great show and we are definitely in for s2.
Guessing not as it was originally described by the network as a "Closed Series"... But ratings and critics were better then expected. so gotta grab the money while you can.

I like that it is a "new" show this year with a new investigation/story line... :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Watched the first 2 and I am all in.  Looks like a slow burn that will be made slower by the one episode every Wednesday release, but I'm ok with that.

Watched the first 2 and I am all in.  Looks like a slow burn that will be made slower by the one episode every Wednesday release, but I'm ok with that.
caught the first one... yeah, in.

we thought the episodes were one-offs, like black mirror, with each based off of one of his stories... when the first episode ended, we were happy it wasn't.

We're only a few episodes into S1 and liking it so far. But yeah, it's some heavy, dark stuff.
It's really fantastic TV. Somehow I'm more affected by it this time around

Reveal hidden contents
we wrapped it up last night. 

it got frustrating, and especially at the end. I feel like the writer/directors used the same- ok, stand there looking out into space so we can play a flashback montage- while imminent danger lurks... over and over and over. felt cheap, and stretched stuff out way too long. which is too bad- because there's so much that works in this... and I'm still a fan. but that last episode had me groaning in frustration.

I think Dexter went off the rails in Season 6. 

7 and 8 were just comically bad...I bailed with three episodes to go in the series, that's how awful it got.

I thought Season 8 started out good, when he was training the new kid. But when they killed him off, I only watched to the end because I had to see how it ended. And it ended like a big smelly poopy diaper

Users who are viewing this thread