What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (11 Viewers)

shadyridr said:
Just watched Extinction. Awesome! Make sure you don't read spoilers. 
I thought the overall story was pretty fun/interesting, but the main actor annoyed me. His perpetual look of contemplation/angst/being stoned got old and eventually seemed out of place.

Started the Stephen King series "Castle Rock" on Hulu last night. Did the first 2 episodes and we're enjoying it. It's creepy, for sure, but there is a confidence in the storytelling that is often missing in similar shows. 

I thought the overall story was pretty fun/interesting, but the main actor annoyed me. His perpetual look of contemplation/angst/being stoned got old and eventually seemed out of place.
That is the basic of Who the actor is.. seen him in a few things and he almost always has that: :oldunsure: look. Once you get past that the movie itself was Very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
We watched Extinction last night.  It was fun enough, but I couldn’t help but think during the twist that the story could’ve made for a really good big budget flick given better writers/graphics/actors.  

We watched Extinction last night.  It was fun enough, but I couldn’t help but think during the twist that the story could’ve made for a really good big budget flick given better writers/graphics/actors.  
Wife and I watched this last night. Thought it was just ok, nothing particularly interesting. The big "twist" which was referenced generically in every review I read, wasn't really much of a "twist". It was kind of obvious. The lead actor was vanilla, I had chalked it up to his role in the "twist", but I think he was just vanilla.

worth a watch but ultimately "meh".

shadyridr said:
Just watched Extinction. Awesome! Make sure you don't read spoilers. 
Enjoyed this as well. Thanks for the rec :thumbup:

Also highly recommend going in blind.

I've been enjoying Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.

Then there's Versailles. Not sure why I'm watching it, but I keep watching it. Some really abysmal acting in it and strange casting choices (why does King Charles Of England's sister have an eastern European accent, making her the only character that doesn't have some sort of British accent in a story mainly about French people?). Athelstan has an impressive array of smirks, apparently that's the only expression Louis XIV was capable of. The writing isn't so hot either. Great costuming though.

Nearing end of season 2 handmaid's tale.

Season 2 is like Rocky 3.  Even more over the top.

Strovahoski, Dowd and Fiennes are poorly developed characters.  Fiennes is a total miscast.  Just doesn't pull off an American.

The one-eyed chick deserves some award recognition.  You forget she is acting and not a real person.

Season 1 was a good watch.  Season 2 is overkill.  Probably wouldn't recommend series anymore. 

Watch The Handmaiden instead.   :eek:
Not even sure how many times i rolled my eyes watching the first season, so i wont bother with season 2.

Contrived and boring, if i wanted to watch real oppression, i'd go rewatch Roots or something.

But this show probably gets all the anti trumpers rocks off.

Enjoyed this as well. Thanks for the rec :thumbup:

Also highly recommend going in blind. Even knowing there's a twist diminishes it
Thanks for ruining it. ;)  it's still next on my list.

On season 2 of the 100. Not a Netflix original but enjoying it so far. Jaha just found the baby, doesn't make all that much sense right now.

The group Clark and crew "found" seem to resemble the cult in the Rain way too much. 

My friend's movie is debuting on Netflix on August 3rd.  Like Father stars Kristin Bell and Kelsey Grammar.  IMDB page.

When a workaholic young executive (Kristen Bell), is left at the altar, she ends up on her Caribbean honeymoon cruise with the last person she ever expected: her estranged and equally workaholic father (Kelsey Grammer). The two depart as strangers, but over the course of a few adventures, a couple of umbrella-clad cocktails and a whole lot of soul-searching, they return with a renewed appreciation for family and life. Like Father premieres August 3 only on Netflix.

Thanks for ruining it. ;)  it's still next on my list.

On season 2 of the 100. Not a Netflix original but enjoying it so far. Jaha just found the baby, doesn't make all that much sense right now.

The group Clark and crew "found" seem to resemble the cult in the Rain way too much. 
PrimFaiya! We have a 100 thread going. :wub:

and by we, I mean me. Welcome!

Watched "Room" last night and thought it was mostly okay. Not great especially considering the hype when it came out. Larson is good but not worth an Oscar. I wish the script was better.  Nice to see Joan Allen working again albeit in a smaller role. Also Johnny from "Deadwood",  keeping the beard, to play the villain was a surprise. 

Not even sure how many times i rolled my eyes watching the first season, so i wont bother with season 2.

Contrived and boring, if i wanted to watch real oppression, i'd go rewatch Roots or something.

But this show probably gets all the anti trumpers rocks off.

Man, i hope once moonves is gone, they bring CSI (original vegas crew) back.

All of that original cast isnt busy.
wat

So we're 2 episodes into the second season of Goliath. Someone tell me it gets better.

It has seemed to turn into a network drama with a good part of the focus on people other than Billy Bob. People I don't care about.

Whoever recommended Kim's Convenience thank you very much!  The first episode Gaydar reeled us in and now we are binging about to start season 2.

So we're 2 episodes into the second season of Goliath. Someone tell me it gets better.

It has seemed to turn into a network drama with a good part of the focus on people other than Billy Bob. People I don't care about.
Season 2 definitely got weird.  I still enjoyed it though.

Whatever you're watching, it may not be as entertaining as American Vandal.
half way through and I really like it.

only ok. being tipped off about a twist  watered down the affect. and the kids were too annoying.

Wife and I watched this last night. Thought it was just ok, nothing particularly interesting. The big "twist" which was referenced generically in every review I read, wasn't really much of a "twist". It was kind of obvious. The lead actor was vanilla, I had chalked it up to his role in the "twist", but I think he was just vanilla.

worth a watch but ultimately "meh".
I usually like Michael Pena but he was terrible in this.  Just distractingly bad.

My friend's movie is debuting on Netflix on August 3rd.  Like Father stars Kristin Bell and Kelsey Grammar.  IMDB page.
Kudos to your friend, but can't recommend.  The only reason I can see for this movie to be made with the people involved is because Seth Rogen's wife directed and Carnival Cruises funded half the budget.  

jdoggydogg said:
We just watched episode one of NBC's AP Bio on Hulu.

I was really impressed and I laughed a bunch. Stoked to see more.
I watched all of Season 1, really enjoyed it. It's not life-changing or anything but it's a reliable 20 minutes of amusement. Big fan of the nerdy perv girl who calls the teacher "boss."

I watched all of Season 1, really enjoyed it. It's not life-changing or anything but it's a reliable 20 minutes of amusement. Big fan of the nerdy perv girl who calls the teacher "boss."
When the teacher walks in and says to the class, "Alright. Shut up, everyone. Stop talking. Shut up." I laughed out loud. Funny bit.

jdoggydogg said:
We just watched episode one of NBC's AP Bio on Hulu.

I was really impressed and I laughed a bunch. Stoked to see more.
Its funny - Love Glen Howerton - and started watching this from the beginning.   Saw the first 4 or 5 episodes "real time"  - forgot it was on and never went back.   Will have to stream it now.

Same for The Mick.

Any thoughts on Roman Empire?
Curious about this as well. Is this documentary style with terrible re-enactments mixed in or just a straight period drama? Can't be as bad as that awful Troy show I watched a few months ago. 

Any thoughts on Roman Empire?

Curious about this as well. Is this documentary style with terrible re-enactments mixed in or just a straight period drama? Can't be as bad as that awful Troy show I watched a few months ago. 
I've watched a few episodes and it's documentary style with not so great re-enactments mixed in. I think the academics they interview might actually be the weakest part of the show.

Sean Bean narrates - they haven't killed his character off so far.

Make sure to check out Tusk if you are interested in watching the worst movie ever made. Some shock value to it but just awful. 

I've watched a few episodes and it's documentary style with not so great re-enactments mixed in. I think the academics they interview might actually be the weakest part of the show.

Sean Bean narrates - they haven't killed his character off so far.
Cool...I hadn't heard about this.

When the teacher walks in and says to the class, "Alright. Shut up, everyone. Stop talking. Shut up." I laughed out loud. Funny bit.
That part is funny, but I watched an episode or two yesterday and was totally underwhelmed. The kids suck, Patton Oswalt wasn't any good either and "Dennis" was terrible.  Maybe I'm just tired of the "####tty person in important role" plot device (funny how he and Sweet D got the same type of roles from ASIP)… but usually I like them.  Will watch a few more, but I don't see a winner in this show. 

ETA:. BTW it's "start shutting up"

Users who are viewing this thread