What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (14 Viewers)

The last season of Gotham that aired is up on Netflix now. I lost track for where I was so I'm gonna just watch all of season 4 again 

We're a handful into Futureman on Hulu. Snappy writing and overall decent/funny show. Hunger games guy fits the role well and solid and deep supporting cast.

We're a handful into Futureman on Hulu. Snappy writing and overall decent/funny show. Hunger games guy fits the role well and solid and deep supporting cast.
anybody watching this? fwiw- I've seen seth rogan's name on the credits, but he doesn't or at least hasn't yet appeared in it.

it's not must-see, but it's entertaining and quick moving.

Watched Maniac and really liked it

its nit a show for everybody’s tastes, but if you like stuff like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Mr Robot, Mulholland Drive, Mr Nobody, Zero Theorum, Brazil, you will like this one...

Someone give me a sitcom recommendation on Netflix or prime (or elsewhere if applicable)

like having something short and easy to go to when not thinking.

finally finished the last two seasons of the office last year (18 months ago?)

then went through parks and rec

then 30 rock

then community

that is probably how I would rank them, though community was better when at its best, just a little more uneven.

always sunny, AD, Louie, archer still well ahead.

tell me what to do.
Give Schitt’s Creek  a shot...it’s slightly dry, but funny

Frasier is older with a laugh track and more episodic, but the writing is excellent

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange for sure. I didnt "get it", but it was entertaining. A little slow at times. The big action scene was a bit unbelievable to me.

7/10
I really liked this movie. Yeah, their actions didn't always make sense to me, but that's kind of the point, imo.

Same guy who directed Blue Ruin and Green Room. His work is tough to watch sometimes, but he's on his way to getting handed some much larger budgets. This is one helluva trifecta he's directed.

I watched the 1st three episodes of this last night and enjoyed it. There are definitely some caricature type roles in it (at least so far), particularly the parents, but they're well written and acted caricatures. They approach ridiculousness without reaching it, so it still works. The dad in particular is possibly the funniest part of the show. The 2nd tier characters, (Kimchi, the rental car manager, the dad's friend) are all solidly funny but not over the top.

Disclaimer: I am not Korean.
Season 2 of Kim's convenience wasn't quite as good as season 1. Things became a little more madcap and zany than I'd have liked - they did start becoming more caricature than in season one, particularly the parents with their silly escapade of the week.

"Castle Rock" on Hulu still. Up to the most recent episode (S1.8)

It's a frustrating show. It seems to lose itself in the storytelling pretty easily but then it gives me two terrific episodes back-to-back. Spacek is just superb in an episode sharing the character's experience with dementia with the audience. Last night's episode was fun - more "American Horror Story" than King - but still necessary because something actually happened. Really hoping it closes out strong here with only 2 episodes left.

Just finished this.  Head is spinning. All I know is Skarsgård was phenomenal in this.

Finished the season  This ended up really consistent, funny and not afraid to go pretty far with the humor. Definitely recommend.

Finally watched The Punisher after catching up on Jessica Jones season two. Liked both but Punisher was really really good (for what it is). Perfect role for Shane, damn. I had thought he killed it in Daredevil and stole the show, but wasn't sure if he could carry a whole season as the main character. He did a great job, and so did his hacker partner. And they did a good job setting up a future arch-nemesis. 

Finished season 2 of Handmaid's Tale (hulu) I remember reading that it was a drop off from the first season but I thought it was just as good.

although:

I didn't like that she stayed at the end. Probably could have done more to get her daughter out from Canada.

Finished season 2 of Handmaid's Tale (hulu) I remember reading that it was a drop off from the first season but I thought it was just as good.

although:

I didn't like that she stayed at the end. Probably could have done more to get her daughter out from Canada.
yeah- pure drive the plot stuff there.

but I agree- I liked this one, even if I commented on them having her do lots of forced chick-in-peril scenes which felt beneath the overall quality of the show.

my lady and i liked deep water it was on netflix and is a austrian detective show it is pretty good right now i am watching hinterlander and that is pretty good to take that to the bank brochachos 

Netflix has been going way overboard on the cooking and baking shows lately, but I really like Salt Fat Acid Heat so far.  It's beautifully shot- they should run the fat/Italy episode on the HD TVs at electronics stores. And unlike most of the food/travel/chef vanity project type shows, it actually has some useful information for home cooks.

I used to love Monty Python, but I tried to watch the newly added Life of Brian.  God it was awful.    My tastes have changed.

I finally finished TURN.  I enjoyed it and I've read the book it's based on several times.  Somewhat slow in the start, but by Season 3 it moves along nicely.

Is this just a one-season show? I’m enjoying it now but not sure it needs to go 3-4 seasons. 
I don't see more than 1 season, but not sure...however.....

The Haunting Of Hill House is getting great reviews 

At present, The Haunting of Hill House is sitting at a comfortable 89% on Rotten Tomatoes. The reviews are generally positive and audiences seem to be connecting with the slow burning series. 

Of course, Netflix has also recently renewed shows with incredibly low critic and audience ratings (see: Insatiable) and cancelled ones with decent critic ratings (see: Seven Seconds). 

However, The Haunting Of Hill House does seem like a series Netflix would want to hold on to. An original with a wildly talented cast and endless storytelling potential gives The Haunting Of Hill House real season 2 chances

I don't see more than 1 season, but not sure...however.....

The Haunting Of Hill House is getting great reviews 

At present, The Haunting of Hill House is sitting at a comfortable 89% on Rotten Tomatoes. The reviews are generally positive and audiences seem to be connecting with the slow burning series. 

Of course, Netflix has also recently renewed shows with incredibly low critic and audience ratings (see: Insatiable) and cancelled ones with decent critic ratings (see: Seven Seconds). 

However, The Haunting Of Hill House does seem like a series Netflix would want to hold on to. An original with a wildly talented cast and endless storytelling potential gives The Haunting Of Hill House real season 2 chances
Just watched the 6th and 7th episodes.

Ep 6 was one of the better pieces of TV I've seen in a long time. I have to look again, but I think it was set up all as one continuous tracking shot (likely manipulated in post production)... almost like a one act play- felt theatrical in it's staging- and constantly screwing with your perception of what was going on in a subtle and creepy way...really fantastic stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread