Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)

KCC

On 12/3/2018 at 10:46 PM, bostonfred said:

Season 3 coming out in a week and a half, i'm excited.  Not a perfect show but a good one, and season 2 episode 7 "17 minutes"might be the best sequence of any show in this genre, ever. Perfect story telling.  

RIGHTEOUS!!!! Big fan of Travelers!

I just started Jack Ryan last week and will be done with it soon, two thumbs up! Love that stuff

Was curious about the Last Kingdom as well but reading above, I'll give it a shot. Love that genre as well.

On 11/17/2018 at 4:57 PM, pantherclub said:

Narcos Mexico is amazing.  The way the writers humanize these despicable people is incredible.   Might just say screw football and binge the rest tonight.  Its that good.

I "Power watched" all these episodes.   So ####### good.   I am just starting to watch Narcos and it is good as well.  

On 12/1/2018 at 1:46 AM, shuke said:

5 episodes into Succession on HBO.  Holy #### this show is awesome.

:goodposting: Can't recommend highly enough.  Starts a little slow but once they establish the characters it really takes off. Last half of the first season was the most entertaining TV of the year IMO.  Thread is here.

Edited by TobiasFunke
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2018 at 7:12 PM, falguy said:
On 9/12/2018 at 5:00 PM, B Maverick said:

So any of these shows got some good T&A?  Maybe not Game of Thrones levels but some moments here and there to go with a good show? Yes, asking for me.

On a different note: 

Watched "Love"  decent show and I enjoyed it despite pretty much disliking everyone but the lead chick and one of the supporting guys.

Will also recommend Fabulous Mrs Maisel.  Great characters, her onstage rants turn into epic comedy routines, great side characters and a lot of fun.

Spartacus.

Altered carbon had some.

The lead in The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Rachel Brosnahan) has top tier, 1%er level gazongas.  And you don't have to wait too long to see them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doowain said:

The lead in The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Rachel Brosnahan) has top tier, 1%er level gazongas.  And you don't have to wait too long to see them.

Yes she does.  Watched s1 and will be starting s2 when I get some time.  Just binged True Blood and enjoyed as well.  

47 minutes ago, jamny said:

If anyone still actually gets DVDs from Netflix can you tell me if they have full seasons of The Odd Couple? The original not the horrible remake.

We were watching them on Hulu but they dont have them all.

They do

We still do the discs because we would MUCH rather pay the $8/month extra for discs and watch at our leisure the shows from the many channels we don't pay for, and plus no commercials.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, facook said:

They do

We still do the discs because we would MUCH rather pay the $8/month extra for discs and watch at our leisure the shows from the many channels we don't pay for, and plus no commercials.

Do they just have seasons 2 and 4? That's all I see from the link.

15 hours ago, jamny said:

If anyone still actually gets DVDs from Netflix can you tell me if they have full seasons of The Odd Couple? The original not the horrible remake.

We were watching them on Hulu but they dont have them all.

Interesting Hulu doesn't have every episode (and it looks like CBS all access doesn't either). Any idea why?

14 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

Interesting Hulu doesn't have every episode (and it looks like CBS all access doesn't either). Any idea why?

I've looked into it and there doesn't seem to be a clear answer. Some mention possible copyright issues but it's not like the Odd Couple had a lot of musical guests. Hulu doesn't have probably 25% of the episodes. Someone suggested maybe the rights holder keeps some off streaming to make you buy the series. I guess that's possible.

• Thinking 1

On 12/6/2018 at 11:36 AM, beer 30 said:

RIGHTEOUS!!!! Big fan of Travelers!

I just started Jack Ryan last week and will be done with it soon, two thumbs up! Love that stuff

Was curious about the Last Kingdom as well but reading above, I'll give it a shot. Love that genre as well.

Not sure if this has been posted, but season 3 trailer.of Travelers

Looks like they are using a memory wipe on the loved ones held. But what about the rest of the world? Everybody else saw. Not sure how they resolve that.

On 12/7/2018 at 4:47 PM, jdoggydogg said:

Why?

Some fun characters, and yes some annoying characters.  Love Anna Panquin and her naked is nice to look at.

On 12/8/2018 at 7:22 AM, El Floppo said:

I enjoyed true blood. Silly, but a lot fun too.

Agreed.  

6 minutes ago, jdoggydogg said:

Re-watching The Tudors. A bit too much hang wringing over Anne Boleyn the second time through for me. 

just so I have this straight- the tudors is good for multiple watches, but true blood viewing is questioned. gotcha.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, El Floppo said:

just so I have this straight- the tudors is good for multiple watches, but true blood viewing is questioned. gotcha.

True Blood has awful writing and acting. The Tudors is slightly better. 

6 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Did you ever watch The Strain? Both The Strain and True Blood are goofy, but I think The Strain was a lot more entertaining. 

48 minutes ago, jdoggydogg said:

Did you ever watch The Strain? Both The Strain and True Blood are goofy, but I think The Strain was a lot more entertaining. 

I'm not saying true blood isn't goofy. It found a sweet spot where the writing, acting and tone all worked fine without any of it elevating. I couldn't watch Tudors- found it trying too hard and failing on all fronts. Stopped after a few episodes.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, baymen said:

Never heard of it before now but just watched the trailer for season 2.  When the guy used salt instead of sugar and the judges were laughing their asses off makes it a must watch for me.

Yes it’s all good. I remember that one.

The episode I was referring to is in the holiday season. Episode 6 I believe. 

Edited by Capella

On 12/8/2018 at 9:54 AM, jamny said:

I've looked into it and there doesn't seem to be a clear answer. Some mention possible copyright issues but it's not like the Odd Couple had a lot of musical guests. Hulu doesn't have probably 25% of the episodes. Someone suggested maybe the rights holder keeps some off streaming to make you buy the series. I guess that's possible.

cbs all access looks like it has a lot, but not all: https://www.cbs.com/shows/the-odd-couple-classic/video/

not sure how this compares to hulu

• Like 1

10 hours ago, badmojo1006 said:

Watched the 1st ep season 2 of Marvelous Mrs Maiden. Good start 

Loved Rose in Paris.

The Sylvia Plath line 🤣

But I can't remember why the mob was after Susie 

Hasn’t missed a beat...I was worried after such a dynamite Season 1 that the follow-up would not be as sharp.  All is good...

13 hours ago, baymen said:

Never heard of it before now but just watched the trailer for season 2.  When the guy used salt instead of sugar and the judges were laughing their asses off makes it a must watch for me. 

FWIW my kids (6, 5 and 3) absolutely LOVE Nailed It. I'm not entirely sure why. But if you feel like you might snap if you have to watch one more episode of PJ Masks or Super Monsters, give it a try. It's one of the few programs our whole family will watch together without complaints.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I get not liking it - I was a little bored with S1 and didn’t watch much more but I wouldn’t call it stupid.  Really well acted and the scenery is fantastic.  Why do you think it’s stupid?

agree. I'm not interested in the subject matter- the wife is a big fan of that stuff and started watching on her own. I caught a bit of one, and it was so well done on all fronts I was pulled in. so- I get not being interested. "stupid" seems... dunno... stupid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Floppo said:

agree. I'm not interested in the subject matter- the wife is a big fan of that stuff and started watching on her own. I caught a bit of one, and it was so well done on all fronts I was pulled in. so- I get not being interested. "stupid" seems... dunno... stupid.

I'm a big fan of The Crown...didn't think I would be.

I'll be very interested how they execute Season 3 considering all-new cast.  My understanding is that they are taking a '15 years later' approach to continuing the story.

4 hours ago, touche' said:

Not Netflix but I’m like 6 episodes into the Handmaids Tale and it’s kinda meh.  Does it get better or is it just really overhyped 

I would say it's probably just not up your alley if you're not sucked in by now, no need to go further. 

On 12/11/2018 at 11:01 AM, touche' said:

Not Netflix but I’m like 6 episodes into the Handmaids Tale and it’s kinda meh.  Does it get better or is it just really overhyped 

I liked it enough to keep watching, but I definitely found myself thinking that it just wasn't as good as I was expecting based on hype.   It seems as if most people disagree, but I get it.  

On 12/11/2018 at 12:51 PM, TheDirtyWord said:

I'm a big fan of The Crown...didn't think I would be.

I'll be very interested how they execute Season 3 considering all-new cast.  My understanding is that they are taking a '15 years later' approach to continuing the story.

Huge fan here.  That original cast was amazing.  Curious to see if they try to maintain some continuity with the actors or let them run with their own interpretations.