What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (12 Viewers)

I like NCIS, which is available on Netflix.  Season 1 was so long ago that they were talking about Blockbuster, PS2, and Palm Pilots.  Ah, the good old days...

I recently watched all episodes of You.  It was okay but not great.  I guess it was just so unbelievable to me that the main girl was so sought because she really doesn't do much for me.  Peach on the other hand.....  Creepy stalker guy never getting noticed following people was annoying too.
Beck is a hor.  A dirty dirty little hor.

JB Breakfast Club said:
I thought the trailer looked pretty good. Review?
Other than the anticipation of something/anything happening, completely boring and pointless.

Too bad, because it was almost an interesting idea. But it went South from there.

It's asilly quibble for movies, I know, but it bugs me when "scientists" are experts at every possible field of science instead of just their own. Even more when the scientist looks like she's 22.

My wife and I just binged Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan over the past week on Amazon Prime.  Easy to get through (8 episodes) and we both thoroughly enjoyed it.  Plenty of action and intrigue and the subject matter is very topical these days.

The wife wants us to re-watch Game of Thrones next prior to the final season coming out in April.  I'm trying to decide if I really want to watch 67 episodes again.  We love the show, but that's a huge commitment.  I do imagine we'll catch a lot of stuff (foreshadowing, etc.) the second time around that wasn't quite so obvious in the first viewing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've given up trying to keep up with tv shows. We watch maybe 2-3 hours of drama shows a week. The list of shows I haven't even started is a mile long.

I've given up trying to keep up with tv shows. We watch maybe 2-3 hours of drama shows a week. The list of shows I haven't even started is a mile long.
This is me, too. I'm gonna finish out Game Of Thrones , Better Call Saul, and Stranger Things, but I'm too overwhelmed with choices to pick another to get into. Most of the "new" stuff I watch anymore are docs or standalone-ep shows like MST3K.  

My wife and I just binged Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan over the past week on Amazon Prime.  Easy to get through (8 episodes) and we both thoroughly enjoyed it.  Plenty of action and intrigue and the subject matter is very topical these days.

The wife wants us to re-watch Game of Thrones next prior to the final season coming out in April.  I'm trying to decide if I really want to watch 67 episodes again.  We love the show, but that's a huge commitment.  I do imagine we'll catch a lot of stuff (foreshadowing, etc.) the second time around that wasn't quite so obvious in the first viewing.
Enjoyed Jack Ryan but I wasn't crazy how the bad guy was more super villain than terrorist.

HBO just finished rerunning the whole series with 1 season a day back to back.  Caught it from the middle of the second season.  I must say I really enjoyed watching them again for a second time. Caught a tons of stuff I didn’t the first time around and also found myself enjoying the story far more as I wasn’t trying to “keep up”. Could just settle in and enjoy.  No doubt it’s better viewing the second time around (and I love it the first time).  

The Darkest Dawn Netflix original about alien invaders shot in a camcorder. A tired concept. Everybody sounded Australian in the beginning but was set in England. Also the girl must have used the camcorder for two weeks before charging. Gave up halfway through. A mess.

So bad it isn't even MST3K material

Good Girls - Tight story bout 3 mothers who band together to launder money when their financial lives begin falling apart. Christina Hendricks stars. I guess it's an NBC show but since I don't get the networks, I had never heard of it.  Really enjoying it.

The Darkest Dawn Netflix original about alien invaders shot in a camcorder. A tired concept. Everybody sounded Australian in the beginning but was set in England. Also the girl must have used the camcorder for two weeks before charging. Gave up halfway through. A mess.

So bad it isn't even MST3K material
Love MST3K but dropped Netflix as we had to many streaming options. Miss it! 

Watched the first season of Travelers, and started the second season. Really enjoying it. I'm a sucker for this kinda sci-fi (on the Fringe/Continuum spectrum) and they don't make much of it that's worth watching, so I was glad to see the positive reviews in here. Great casting, great twists, and a surprisingly consistent internal logic which is important in this kind of show--though I'm sure that will start to go off the rails as time goes on. Also, it's minor, but being able to actually curse like real people gives this a less disney-fied feeling than this type of show can have sometimes. Makes a difference. Good budget, it feels like, too. And good fight choreography.

Watched the first season of Travelers, and started the second season. Really enjoying it. I'm a sucker for this kinda sci-fi (on the Fringe/Continuum spectrum) and they don't make much of it that's worth watching, so I was glad to see the positive reviews in here. Great casting, great twists, and a surprisingly consistent internal logic which is important in this kind of show--though I'm sure that will start to go off the rails as time goes on. Also, it's minor, but being able to actually curse like real people gives this a less disney-fied feeling than this type of show can have sometimes. Makes a difference. Good budget, it feels like, too. And good fight choreography.
Season 2 is very good. Season 3 dips a little, but has some great ep. With the season finale excellent with a couple of "Oh S**t" moments. 

Actually re-watching Season 3 now.

Im in the middle of season 2 also. Good show but missing something too. Marcy is absolutely beautiful. 

I'm in the middle of the latest season (3, I guess?). I really enjoy it - even though its obviously not a brilliant show. 

Also, I'm not sure if we are allowed to say this anymore, but Kat is REALLY attractive. 

Got weirdly drawn into Slobby's World

Basically about a boutique type shop near the Univ of Arizona Campus that specializes in finding and selling 80's/90's memorabilia and collectibles for big profits.  Takes me back to the Polo, Jordan's Bulls, Starter jacket era.

I'm a big Bill Murray fan and love those stories about him randomly doing things with regular people, but I didn't think that documentary film was well done.  Some of the people they interviewed were't good storytellers.  They should have at least practiced telling their story a little before putting them on camera, or at least thought about how they wanted to tell the story before being on camera.

RC94 said:
I'm a big Bill Murray fan and love those stories about him randomly doing things with regular people, but I didn't think that documentary film was well done.  Some of the people they interviewed were't good storytellers.  They should have at least practiced telling their story a little before putting them on camera, or at least thought about how they wanted to tell the story before being on camera.
Agreed. It was mildly interesting but I was never drawn in.  Too much of a fan piece. 

So...watched both Fyre docs (Netflix & Hulu)...I literally can’t believe a man older than me was prepared to ‘take one for the team’ as described.

...and McFarland?  The chutzpah to even appear on camera as ill-prepared as he was to answer most of the questions posed before him.  And really for the whole thing, but just a crazy story.

The Chapelle clip on Ja-Rule too...

So...watched both Fyre docs (Netflix & Hulu)...I literally can’t believe a man older than me was prepared to ‘take one for the team’ as described.

...and McFarland?  The chutzpah to even appear on camera as ill-prepared as he was to answer most of the questions posed before him.  And really for the whole thing, but just a crazy story.

The Chapelle clip on Ja-Rule too...
Was one better than the other?

Season 2 is very good. Season 3 dips a little, but has some great ep. With the season finale excellent with a couple of "Oh S**t" moments. 

Actually re-watching Season 3 now.
Good to read. I watched a few episodes of season 3 then went to other things. Will have to get back into it after Punisher. 

Liked schitts Creek, but also stopped after a few episodes. Another to add back to the queue.

Is there any reason to finish lost in space? 

Is there a Hulu thread? Really enjoyed runaways.

Good to read. I watched a few episodes of season 3 then went to other things. Will have to get back into it after Punisher. 

Liked schitts Creek, but also stopped after a few episodes. Another to add back to the queue.

Is there any reason to finish lost in space? 

Is there a Hulu thread? Really enjoyed runaways.
I stopped schitt's creek after a few eps too... I remember liking it more than my wife who was the reason we pulled the plug.

lost in space was so disappointing. I think the only reason to finish it is if you're interested in seeing the next season- which at a glance (given the way S1 wrapped), looked promising. but then again, S1 looked promising and was pretty regrettable.

I'm in the "travellers is worth the watch" camp- not top tier, but a good ride. 

I stopped schitt's creek after a few eps too... I remember liking it more than my wife who was the reason we pulled the plug.

lost in space was so disappointing. I think the only reason to finish it is if you're interested in seeing the next season- which at a glance (given the way S1 wrapped), looked promising. but then again, S1 looked promising and was pretty regrettable.

I hated the first season of Schitt's and bailed after a handful of episodes.  I have since watched all the available Netflix seasons with the wife because she needs upbeat shows.  It gets much much better.  Would recommend.  

Warehouse 13 is on Amazon's new ASOD service (freedive)...is it worth the watch?

GF and I both like Supernatural and it seems like this might be similar.

Warehouse 13 is on Amazon's new ASOD service (freedive)...is it worth the watch?

GF and I both like Supernatural and it seems like this might be similar.

My gf and I watched probably 3 seasons of Warehouse 13 while in college. It's bad but it can be good-bad, if you know what I mean. The effects were terrible at the time and would probably be hilariously bad now. But the characters are likeable and funny if you're into that kind of goofy, b movie type sci fi. 

Netflix has not renewed "Travelers" for Season 4 . Which would be to bad IMO

There would most likely be cast change because of the restart. Marcy, David and Mac are dead, would they be resurrected? [ /Spoiler]

Users who are viewing this thread