What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (4 Viewers)

Not sure it's been mentioned but if you like the Oceans 11 format, don't mind subtitles and aren't offended by some boobies try Money Heist

You can do the English dubbed version but yuck. This is a Spanish cerebral thriller. Good acting and several likeable characters. Gets to the point fast, no slow build here.

Very fun, and fast paced. 2 seasons.
I tried it a few months back and couldn't get past the first episode. It felt *really* rushed and *really* contrived. pacing in storytelling is one of my biggest pet peeves though. 

I'm not as big a fan as others here. While I agree it is well made and with good acting abundant, there are real problems with the show for me. Mostly the lead actor and the pace of the season's storytelling is way too slack. We all seem to dig the subject matter though. I'm keen to learn if they'll make some adjustments with S2. It's got a pretty short leash with me.
Agree 100%.  Both the wife and I like the true crime stuff, and I remember reading the book awhile ago.  We are still interested, but it's not the best thing I've watched and we are usually good after 1 episode each night.  Like I said, not something I would want to binge and I would give it an above average grade so far.  

I tried it a few months back and couldn't get past the first episode. It felt *really* rushed and *really* contrived. pacing in storytelling is one of my biggest pet peeves though. 
I enjoyed it but am a sucker for heist/robbery shows.  I think many here are like you and it just didn't cut it for one reason, or another.  I thought the acting was good but Professor was weak IMO. I don't regret watching the entire thing.

I’m hoping that since 5G broadband will be a thing, competition will keep Internet prices down.
I'm no techie, but don't all the broadband suppliers need to build/rebuild their network to supply 5G?  With a high infrastructure costs, I don't see how it would come down, when prices didn't drop much with previous increases in speed.

Finished the first season of Mrs. Maisel. Started off great, kinda slowed a little at times in the middle but ended strong. I wasn't intending on going right into S2 but probably will now. Shalhoub and Susie the manager are the best parts. Good show.
those two get better in s2... the main reason to continue watching, imo.

I enjoyed it but am a sucker for heist/robbery shows.  I think many here are like you and it just didn't cut it for one reason, or another.  I thought the acting was good but Professor was weak IMO. I don't regret watching the entire thing.
Wow

Really? I thought the professor was one of the best characters. 

Did you get in trouble for a post and now acting like a child in the rest of the forums? This is an official picture taken off of my favorite teams website for the purpose of promoting their team. I’d be happy if my wife or daughter were paid to advertise for a sporting team and people used said image as it would mean they were successful in their ad campaign and would hopefully be hired for more gigs. 
It is a Chelsea jersey after all.  Noone likes that

(he also commented on mine as well)

Last edited by a moderator:
Russian Doll:  This is the best show I’ve watched in the last few years. Just an incredible way to tell a story. 
My wife and I just binged this one over a week (not normal for us, since we get at lost 1.5 hours per night).

I thought it was excellent. Well written, acted, and directed. The story nearly fell apart for me at the though. It had good hooks to keep you interested in the next episode.

My wife and I just binged this one over a week (not normal for us, since we get at lost 1.5 hours per night).

I thought it was excellent. Well written, acted, and directed. The story nearly fell apart for me at the though. It had good hooks to keep you interested in the next episode.
I watched this the past 2 days and while it was different I dont think it was that good and certainly not for me.

There were too many little things that just kept reoccurring that they never went into.  The homeless guy, how she was a genius, her mom and her friend,  etc. 

Half way through The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix and it’s awesome. The Two Storms episode we just watched was amazing with the camera work and shifting timelines and dialogue. 

Very highly recommend. 

Not sure it's been mentioned but if you like the Oceans 11 format, don't mind subtitles and aren't offended by some boobies try Money Heist

You can do the English dubbed version but yuck. This is a Spanish cerebral thriller. Good acting and several likeable characters. Gets to the point fast, no slow build here.

Very fun, and fast paced. 2 seasons.
About 6 episodes in, and I'm losing interest.  Not a fan of shows that need people to do stupid stuff to move the plot along or generate drama

went deep into the Prime sci-if library and found Time Lapse.  Woah.  Kind of like Primer.  I need to watch it like 6 more times.  pretty good though.

We've been slowly watching The Knick on Amazon (originally Cinemax).

While the addiction part of the story feels a bit been there done that, the rest is pretty amazing. Feels like a full immersion in turn of the century NYC and US (tbh, the addiction too), with astonishingly good costumes, set/site location, art direction and I assume historical accuracy. Its study of medicine, the city, race and gender of the time is intersting. Even the lighting is fantastic- seemingly natural (combo of gas, candle and electric) and helping tell the story In an elegant way.

So far, Steven Soderbergh has directed every episode...and it shows- all tip top TV from that perspective. Acting is quite good (led by Clive Owen), as is the writing. It does suffer a bit from slow/awkward pacing. but after the a slow opener, I've grown to really enjoy it, even if that keeps it for us from wanting to binge.

Anybody else watched?

Anyone else watching sex education?  Only two episodes in, liking it a lot, somewhat despite the premise. 

Gotta love Maeve even if she is cliche. 

While the addiction part of the story feels a bit been there done that, the rest is pretty amazing. Feels like a full immersion in turn of the century NYC and US (tbh, the addiction too), with astonishingly good costumes, set/site location, art direction and I assume historical accuracy. Its study of medicine, the city, race and gender of the time is intersting. Even the lighting is fantastic- seemingly natural (combo of gas, candle and electric) and helping tell the story In an elegant way.

So far, Steven Soderbergh has directed every episode...and it shows- all tip top TV from that perspective. Acting is quite good (led by Clive Owen), as is the writing. It does suffer a bit from slow/awkward pacing. but after the a slow opener, I've grown to really enjoy it, even if that keeps it for us from wanting to binge.

Anybody else watched?
Loved The Knick and wish it would have gone on longer. Clive Owen is great in it. Liked the ambulance driver too. The details of the time period really were incredibly done.

Anybody else watched?
is it with Prime or just purchase?

Anybody else watched?
They used an old high school on my block as the exterior of the hospital.  They covered the street with dirt for two weeks and ran horses up and down. As far as film shoot disruption goes, it was pretty awesome. 

They used an�old high school on my block as the exterior of the hospital.� They covered the street with dirt for two weeks and ran horses up and down. As far as film shoot disruption goes, it was pretty awesome.�
That reminds me, wasn’t there a thread about a guy that was going to rent his house out for a movie shoot? 

They used an old high school on my block as the exterior of the hospital.  They covered the street with dirt for two weeks and ran horses up and down. As far as film shoot disruption goes, it was pretty awesome. 
I remember them filming in our neighborhood too... but I never saw them actually doing it or any signs of it (period-wise... they film Gotham in the hood all the time and we see those vintage/cartoony police cars all the time). for the Kinck, I only the yellow flyers posted to lamp-posts. 

I was really wondering how and where they did the hospital and dirt-street shoots- so immersive; I figured it was toronto. Did you get to watch any of it? so many extras in costume- pretty incredible for a tv show.

for some reason started watching Vanilla Sky again (not a fave) and remembered some of the unprecedented craziness that shoot brought (closed down Times Square, IIRC, at dawn) including filming the car crash scene in front of my building on a freezing cold weekend day. I got to watch it leaning out from my window (in spite of PAs trying to scream at me to get back inside). they went through 5 or 6 of those mustangs. 

went deep into the Prime sci-if library and found Time Lapse.  Woah.  Kind of like Primer.  I need to watch it like 6 more times.  pretty good though.
good flick. Was going to add it to my watch list and realized I saw this a couple years ago

another lesser known ( I think) Sci-Fi move on Prime that I like is Coherence

Ozark.   All in, very "breaking bad" like
Not sure I'd go as high as "BB" .. But just finished Season one and enjoying it quite a bit..  Season one finale had so many emotional moments... water christening, Cartel Watch dog "disappears", Rednecks vs. Cartel main man , but ended on a very good note. :thumbup:

What I really like, and wish more shows would do, is how they handle a crisis within 1 or  2 episodes.. 
Find out information about the wife.. Done.. NEXT!.. Trouble with some rednecks, done.. NEXT! 
So many shows now think dragging out conflicts/crisis for 3, 4 or more episodes is "Great T.V." while those watching it are thinking "Move on already!!!" ..

Not sure I'd go as high as "BB" .. But just finished Season one and enjoying it quite a bit..  Season one finale had so many emotional moments... water christening, Cartel Watch dog "disappears", Rednecks vs. Cartel main man , but ended on a very good note. :thumbup:

What I really like, and wish more shows would do, is how they handle a crisis within 1 or  2 episodes.. 
Find out information about the wife.. Done.. NEXT!.. Trouble with some rednecks, done.. NEXT! 
So many shows now think dragging out conflicts/crisis for 3, 4 or more episodes seasons is "Great T.V." while those watching it are thinking "Move on already!!!" ..
**cough,cough** TWD

So many shows now think dragging out conflicts/crisis for 3, 4 or more episodes is "Great T.V." while those watching it are thinking "Move on already!!!" ..
Season 2 is just as good ;)

Need some new series. What are the best series on Netflix and Amazon that I might have missed?

Anybody else watched?
??

"Futureman" was quick, almost funny usually. Giving it a second episode or two before deciding.
I've been pimping Futureman in here without any takers. I compared it to Big Mouth in terms of the smart but crass humor, sci-fi/video game geek oriented here. I really liked it- and it gets more and more insane (in a good way, humorwise) as it progresses, so I hope you stick it out and enjoy it.. 
have you caught any more?

No, not yet. I have like one night a week that I can watch something like that. I'll watch another couple tomorrow night.
Btw... I watched Stardust w/ my 7yo after you mentioned it. Had seen it with the wife when it first hit video, but  not since- had completely forgotten about it. Wish 11yo floppinho had watched it with us- he would have loved it. Solid and fun family movie- thanks for the reminder.

Btw... I watched Stardust w/ my 7yo after you mentioned it. Had seen it with the wife when it first hit video, but  not since- had completely forgotten about it. Wish 11yo floppinho had watched it with us- he would have loved it. Solid and fun family movie- thanks for the reminder.
It was fun. I can see where it didn't catch with many audiences but it's perfectly fine for what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread