What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (10 Viewers)

Don't F**k with Cats is very disturbing at times, but worth the watch I thought.  The first couple of episodes I was probably the most angry I have ever been watching something.  Had to get up and pace the floor for a while.  :mellow:   Just a warning if you don't know anything about the story.

I didn't know anything about the story going in which was good/bad.
I’m about to jump on a 4 hour flight and have all 3 episodes download.  Looking forward to watching it.   

Don't F**k with Cats is very disturbing at times, but worth the watch I thought.  The first couple of episodes I was probably the most angry I have ever been watching something.  Had to get up and pace the floor for a while.  :mellow:   Just a warning if you don't know anything about the story.

Never watching this

So The Witcher isn't awful, but it does bother me that in episode 2, a dude is singing blues phrases oh, I guess, 500 years too early?

So apparently The Witcher events are happening over multiple timelines. They do a HORRIBLE job explaining this. 
Absolutely, but it is exactly like this in the books. I read the books beforehand after giving up on playing The Witcher 3, and based on the comments here it seems that it helps a lot to know the basics from the story in advance. I'm through ep 5 and I love the show so far

My mind is bottled.

I honestly don't know if this means it's good...so, unlike the mandalorian...or somehow even worse than the mandalorian, which tbh is more intriguing.
Well, since you are in the minority of people who don't think the Madalorian is basically the best show on TV right now (from your posts I take it you think it's pretty damn bad), I would guess that according to his post you would find The Witcher either gawd awful or like you said - in the "so bad it's good" camp.  

BTW, did you give up on The Mandalorian, or are you still powering through?

Whoa.  Couldn't stop watching this last night, got through the entire thing.  Had no idea what it was really about (thought each episode would be about a different nutjob). 

Agreed that I don't know if you should know the story going in or not.

Well, since you are in the minority of people who don't think the Madalorian is basically the best show on TV right now (from your posts I take it you think it's pretty damn bad), I would guess that according to his post you would find The Witcher either gawd awful or like you said - in the "so bad it's good" camp.  

Watching it when we get a chance. I don't think we're caught up.

Btw...I think you're one it's proponents- Im up to date with Bojack Horseman. No hyperbole for me to say it's one of the best shows I've seen. Hilarious, fantastic direction and varied use of animation, stunning character and relationship studies, amazingly written- meta, satire and pure melodrama/sitcom...covers everything somehow. In a binge, it suffers a bit from TWD syndrome of the viewer knowing that happy times are going to be imminently interrupted by the most harsh gut shot. But at least here, the gut shots are written incredibly well and consistent with the characters and storyline.

Btw...I think you're one it's proponents- Im up to date with Bojack Horseman. No hyperbole for me to say it's one of the best shows I've seen. Hilarious, fantastic direction and varied use of animation, stunning character and relationship studies, amazingly written- meta, satire and pure melodrama/sitcom...covers everything somehow. In a binge, it suffers a bit from TWD syndrome of the viewer knowing that happy times are going to be imminently interrupted by the most harsh gut shot. But at least here, the gut shots are written incredibly well and consistent with the characters and storyline.
Not me, I can't seem to do anything animated for TV Shows for whatever reason.  I have tried Bojack, Rick and Morty, Bob's Burgers, and a few others that in theory should be right in my wheelhouse and seem to be highly praised, but just can't seem to get through much more than a few episodes.  

Bojack Horseman was the show of the decade. 

Not me, I can't seem to do anything animated for TV Shows for whatever reason.  I have tried Bojack, Rick and Morty, Bob's Burgers, and a few others that in theory should be right in my wheelhouse and seem to be highly praised, but just can't seem to get through much more than a few episodes.  
It took me a few tries. The first episodes were fine, but didn't grab me or convince me of the excellence that was coming.

And btw...mandolorian... If I keep watching, I likely won't post in that thread unless it really has a major uptick in quality across the board. It's dumb and short, so an easy watch. But it's really just not good across all aspects, and tbh I don't have anything positive to say about it other than that. so many in that thread seem incapable of hearing that...or at least just don't want to hear it over and over. So I'm out until I can say something nice for all of those folk.

Bojack is really one of the best shows you’ll ever see imo. Gotta power through it. 

It took me a few tries. The first episodes were fine, but didn't grab me or convince me of the excellence that was coming.

And btw...mandolorian... If I keep watching, I likely won't post in that thread unless it really has a major uptick in quality across the board. It's dumb and short, so an easy watch. But it's really just not good across all aspects, and tbh I don't have anything positive to say about it other than that. so many in that thread seem incapable of hearing that...or at least just don't want to hear it over and over. So I'm out until I can say something nice for all of those folk.
I hear you - I've been trying to stay out of that thread too.  Still going to finish the season out, but I thought the episode with Bill Burr and the gang was laughably cheesy.  Probably watch the last 2 episodes over the weekend.  

I will try again with Bojack based on your and other's high recommendation.   Probably put that on soon after getting though The Expanse.  

we watched a few more episodes last night. for me, the single biggest gripe is the writing. yes dialogue is hard but a worse crime in this all how it doesn't seem to build towards anything. this is what makes Star Wars universe compelling for many. this may as well not exist in the SW universe at all for the way it is constructing the series. a perfect example of how little is required to make this happen is with Rogue One, which was mostly fine, and then the Leia tie-in at the end. The reveal with her absolutely elevated the film for me. 

I’ll echo the BoJack praise. Even if you find most of the eps uninspiring, if you love silent films (of the Chaplin and Buster Keaton variety) and cinema, watch Season 3, Episode 4 (“Fish Out of Water”). I sang the praises of that episode in here when I was going through the show not too long ago. It’s art, and I don’t think you even need to know much of the backstory to appreciate it.

I’ll echo the BoJack praise. Even if you find most of the eps uninspiring, if you love silent films (of the Chaplin and Buster Keaton variety) and cinema, watch Season 3, Episode 4 (“Fish Out of Water”). I sang the praises of that episode in here when I was going through the show not too long ago. It’s art, and I don’t think you even need to know much of the backstory to appreciate it.
I came in here singing that one's praises too. That team tries a lot of ####- most of it works...that one especially. That willingness to stretch is part of what I love about the show.

The Witcher..........is okay.  Lacks any type of depth of character.    
Yeah I started enjoying it more when I realized each episode was basically a one off adventure and that several years sometimes even decades took place between each episode and the multiple timelines thing too. 

I started watching it based on the comments here.  I’m 6 episodes in to season one,  it solid but can’t say it’s hooked me.  It’s more in the if I have nothing else to watch category vs. I can’t wait for the next episode one.  

Watched 6 Underground tonight, holy hell that was a awful movie.  
Loved the opening,  but I am losing interest as it goes on

This is about internet forums and online psychos? What could go wrong? OMFG!

Watched the first two last night. WoW!! I had python nightmares and kept my kitty close.

Watched a few movies lately.. not all on Netflix, but all worth the time, IMO.. :thumbup:

Point Blank - Even though you know how it will end, there are some decent twists and enjoyed it enough to recommend.

Equalizer 2 - Much like the first movie, it is entertaining and fun to watch. Some good side stories to go along with the main overall story..

and for at least the 10th time during the holiday seasons..

The Family Man - One of my favorite Christmas movies.. Enjoy the "What if" questions and the overall "Grass isn't always greener" theme..

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched a few movies lately.. not all on Netflix, but all worth the time, IMO.. :thumbup:

Point Blank - Even though you know how it will end, there are some decent twists and enjoyed it enough to recommend.
This is not to be confused with the Lee Marvin film of the same name. Or the remake with Michael Caine called "Get Carter" or the remake of that with Stallone called "Get Carter". Or the remake with Mel Gibson called "Payback". Or the sublime "The Limey" by Sodebergh.

Put me down for another positive review of Don't #### With Cats. 

Minor spoiler, about how the series is structured and how they chose to conclude the main story:

I was slightly annoyed while watching this because I thought the documentarians failed to note some really obvious connections between one of the videos and a movie that gets very prominently referenced, but it turns out that they were saving that for a big "reveal" at the end.  That was kind of eye-rolly because anybody roughly my age definitely caught at least some of those little breadcrumbs as soon as you dropped them, with the result being that the ending feels ham-fisted.  But that's a pretty small complaint. 

Also, I couldn't help but think that this film could also be interpreted as a case study on hard-core internet sleuths.  At some point, even moderately-obsessive people with a kernel of normalcy would move on with their lives, but some of these folks made it their life mission to track down a guy who killed cats.  That's incredibly weird to me.  That angle of the series was almost as compelling to watch as the actual criminal. 

Also, I couldn't help but think that this film could also be interpreted as a case study on hard-core internet sleuths.  At some point, even moderately-obsessive people with a kernel of normalcy would move on with their lives, but some of these folks made it their life mission to track down a guy who killed cats.  That's incredibly weird to me.  That angle of the series was almost as compelling to watch as the actual criminal. 
I think this was very much a part of the show.  They talk about the number of facebook group members declining after a while when people start losing interest, but there were always a few main ones that kept it going.  The main woman featured in the show also takes a break, but not for very long.

Couldn't help but cringe when they started piling on the wrong guy initially.  Sounded like he had some issues, but hard to think the social media pressure didn't have something to do with his suicide.

Also, there was a second pair of hands in the python cat video.  Did they ever find out who else was involved?  They were talking about that being "Manny" but then determined Manny was made up.  :shrug:  

Ooooh.  Just saw a quick ad for Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez coming to Netflix in January.  I'll watch.   :popcorn:  

This is not to be confused with the Lee Marvin film of the same name. Or the remake with Michael Caine called "Get Carter" or the remake of that with Stallone called "Get Carter". Or the remake with Mel Gibson called "Payback". Or the sublime "The Limey" by Sodebergh.
Grosse

Users who are viewing this thread