What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (4 Viewers)

Finally turned on "This Film is not yet Rated" thanks to the posts in this thread. Good documentary so far, about halfway through and will finish it tonight.

Also really enjoying the "America: the story of us" series and just started Sons of Anarchy :thumbup:

'hooter311 said:
'jdoggydogg said:
'hooter311 said:
Did you enjoy the 80's John Cusack movies? This is pretty much in the same vein with a snarky chick instead.
Definitely. Loved Say Anything when I saw it in the theater.
It's a little more Better off Dead than Say Anything, but that's not to take away from either of the two films.
:thumbup: Sweet. Easy A is available for free on Comcast on demand.

'Good said:
'hooter311 said:
and I believe the king of coming of age punk rock films, SLC Punk with Matthew Lillard, is still available as well.
This movie blows.Watch Rock and Roll High School or Class of '84 instead.
Blows? No way.
Punksters are so punk that can't even agree on what is punk enough for the punk movement. I thought SLC Punk was a good look into the life, the kind of mentality it takes to be punk 24/7 and the ultimate fruitlessness of it all.

'Good said:
'hooter311 said:
and I believe the king of coming of age punk rock films, SLC Punk with Matthew Lillard, is still available as well.
Blows? No way.
Punksters are so punk that can't even agree on what is punk enough for the punk movement. I thought SLC Punk was a good look into the life, the kind of mentality it takes to be punk 24/7 and the ultimate fruitlessness of it all.
But this one doesn't have waves!

'Good said:
'hooter311 said:
Blows? No way.
I love punk rock, but I don't view SLC Punk as the definitive definition of punk. It's just a fun movie. For the definitive definition of punk, see The Filth And The Fury.

'Good said:
'hooter311 said:
Blows? No way.
I love punk rock, but I don't view SLC Punk as the definitive definition of punk. It's just a fun movie. For the definitive definition of punk, see The Filth And The Fury.
:shrug: The way I see it, it depends on which side you want to see win.In SLC Punk... Punk loses.

In RNR HS... Punk wins.

I can understand both sides... and I by no means think SLC Punk blows (well maybe I kinda do). The thing about SLC punk is it acts like there are only 2 options, but really there are a lot of options. There are a lot of older punks out there that start businesses. Music venues for all age shows, skateboard shops, tatoo shops, independent motorcycle shops, vynil record shops... so in that sense I thought SLC punk blew. But I understand the point they were trying to make.

I liked RNR HS better anyway... if anything just because it had that B movie cheesy-ness. Punk wins... and Punk is fun in RNR HS.

'Good said:
'hooter311 said:
Blows? No way.
:shrug: The way I see it, it depends on which side you want to see win.In SLC Punk... Punk loses.

In RNR HS... Punk wins.

I can understand both sides... and I by no means think SLC Punk blows (well maybe I kinda do). The thing about SLC punk is it acts like there are only 2 options, but really there are a lot of options. There are a lot of older punks out there that start businesses. Music venues for all age shows, skateboard shops, tatoo shops, independent motorcycle shops, vynil record shops... so in that sense I thought SLC punk blew. But I understand the point they were trying to make.

I liked RNR HS better anyway... if anything just because it had that B movie cheesy-ness. Punk wins... and Punk is fun in RNR HS.
I saw it as the essence of Punk and not the reality of Punk. Former punks can go on to be productive members of society but what these 2 tried to do was evaluate punk on a philosphical level and follow its core principal of anarchy. Non-conformity. The ultimate conclusion was that it can't be done in order to live in society on some level. Again it wasn't some historic must see movie, but it was a good one that was interesting on many levels.

'hooter311 said:
'Sconch said:
'Good said:
'hooter311 said:
:thumbup: Hell, 'Suburbia' was better than 'SLC Punk'.
Suburbia? Oh my.
You know I'm not talking about the Eric Bogosian one,right?
No, I didn't realize there were two. I'll watch the older one.

One thing I've noticed in the last few days that I am pretty sure is new is that if you have a tv series in your queue and a new season comes available, it overlays the image with "New Episodes" to alert you. I thought that was pretty neat.

One thing I've noticed in the last few days that I am pretty sure is new is that if you have a tv series in your queue and a new season comes available, it overlays the image with "New Episodes" to alert you. I thought that was pretty neat.
Except it said new episodes for Archer but still had the same episodes. Is season 2 a seperate item then?

Watched "Stone" last night, DeNiro, Edward Norton and Resident Evil Girl. 2 stars.

Been watching "Ancient Aliens" while exercising, pretty interesting through 2 episodes.

Thanks to whomever alerted me to the old "He-Man" cartoons. Good Lord its cheesy nowadays. I think Adam might have caught it.

Last edited by a moderator:
'hooter311 said:
'Sconch said:
'hooter311 said:
'Sconch said:
:thumbup: Hell, 'Suburbia' was better than 'SLC Punk'.
Suburbia? Oh my.
You know I'm not talking about the Eric Bogosian one,right?
No, I didn't realize there were two. I'll watch the older one.
Don't expect much. It's about a 1/2 step above a student film. Let me put it this way: The best actor in the movie is Flea from RHCP. Pretty campy but still pretty cool.

Watched "Stone" last night, DeNiro, Edward Norton and Resident Evil Girl. 2 stars.Been watching "Ancient Aliens" while exercising, pretty interesting through 2 episodes.Thanks to whomever alerted me to the old "He-Man" cartoons. Good Lord its cheesy nowadays. I think Adam might have caught it.
Her name is Milla Jovovich. She's done things before RE. Shes a step above "that girl in that movie" status.

Watched "Stone" last night, DeNiro, Edward Norton and Resident Evil Girl. 2 stars.Been watching "Ancient Aliens" while exercising, pretty interesting through 2 episodes.Thanks to whomever alerted me to the old "He-Man" cartoons. Good Lord its cheesy nowadays. I think Adam might have caught it.
Her name is Milla Jovovich. She's done things before RE. Shes a step above "that girl in that movie" status.
:goodposting: She was 'stoner girlfriend' in Dazed and Confused and 'crazy French broad' in Joan of Arc.

Just signed up with Netflix again.

streaming on Wii or laptop = awesome!

Watching Dexter.

streamed 2 seasons in about 4 days, starting Season 3 on DVD now.

Saw "Gone baby gone" very good.

Watched "The Secret in their eyes" last night. Liked it a lot. Gonna use the streaming to catch up on a lot of foreign films.

It was taken off a while ago and at some point was added back on that I missed, but just noticed that they again have all the episodes for the short lived tv series "Jericho."Great little post-apocalyptic tv show that was cancelled too soon. There was such a fan outpoor when it was cancelled after the first season that they made a shortened 2nd season that wrapped everything up (kind of like how Firefly got its movie.) General premise was about surviving in this small town in middle America after a massive attack wipes out most of the major cities. There was also a major side plot of trying to figure out the mystery of who made the attacks and why.Not quite as outstanding as Firefly maybe, but still a really good show that was cancelled before its time.
Good call....really liked this one

:lmao:

:goodposting: She was 'stoner girlfriend' in Dazed and Confused and 'crazy French broad' in Joan of Arc.
Also the hot crazy chick in the 5th element and the crazy, bad Russian model in Zoolander.

I didn't even make it through the first EP of Jericho.
You know... I think I tried Jericho for about 30 seconds too. I had a similar response to it as I did to firefly. Throw it in the 'BG' bin.
BG: The first mini-series or whateverFirefly: The first EPJericho: About 30 minsI stand by this.
BG: I vaguely remember watching a few episodes in the 80's, nothing sinceFirefly: opening creditsJericho: about 3 minutes

You know... I think I tried Jericho for about 30 seconds too. I had a similar response to it as I did to firefly. Throw it in the 'BG' bin.
BG: The first mini-series or whateverFirefly: The first EPJericho: About 30 minsI stand by this.
BG: I vaguely remember watching a few episodes in the 80's, nothing sinceFirefly: opening creditsJericho: about 3 minutes
:shrug: Your loss.

:shrug: Your loss.
:goodposting: I've seen every episode of all three, all worth watching. Firefly being my favorite.

Except it said new episodes for Archer but still had the same episodes. Is season 2 a seperate item then?
Looking at it a little closer it doesn't seem to differentiate between new streaming episodes and new episodes available on dvd. Don't know what is up with Archer though. I thought maybe it was saying the 2nd season came out on dvd just recently, but that doesn't seem to be the case, must be a glitch.

Users who are viewing this thread