What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (8 Viewers)

Taking advantage of the HBO offer during the stay-at-home order. Started the binge watch with "Barry" tonight and enjoying it. Not perfect but still funny. I feel like Henry Winkler's Gene is a cousin of Barry Peppercorn from Arrested Development. 

Taking advantage of the HBO offer during the stay-at-home order. Started the binge watch with "Barry" tonight and enjoying it. Not perfect but still funny. I feel like Henry Winkler's Gene is a cousin of Barry Peppercorn from Arrested Development. 
Liked the first season.  Need to get back to it.

Succession or Barry?
Succession. Barry is good but more of small scope, dark character study with some action and humor. Succession is a whole different beast and one of the best shows on TV imo. 

So it really depends what you're in the mood for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barry is really good.

This is wildly off base about Succession. Wow. Some of the best acting you can find on TV, even if the show isn't for you. 
Yeah. I didn't like succession, but not because of the actors who I thought were all decent. I only watched 2 or 3 episodes before bailing, so mmmv.

One of these days I will make it through an episode of something without falling asleep.   Watched the McDonalds doc, but that took about 10 sittings since I had to pick up where I fell asleep, would fall asleep during that, need to pick it up again, etc.. 

I think in the last 2 days I was able to watch 1 episode of The Outsider.  

Old age sucks.   Feels like this happens for shows or new movies I try to get through, but if it's something I've seen multiple time before like Dodgeball - of course I make it through that.  

We were having problems with our Samsung Smart TV connecting with our wifi. Fortunately, I still had the old Roku stick able it was able to work. We weren't able to get HBO free access going for us and we hopped over to Hulu for "Devs". I remember reading Garland's novel "The Beach" around the same time I did Irvine Welsh's "Trainspotting". He's done scripts for "28 Days Later" and directed also "Ex Machina". 2 episodes into this new series, I'm interested in it conceptually but it's tough going here. The writing, in particular, is very writer-ly and some of the actors don't know what to do with it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We're watching S2 of the CBS Star trek series. 2 in and it's quite good. Like the cast a lot (outside of the "funny" young red head) and feel like it hits the highs of previous star treks in terms of writing, characters, action, plot- per ep, and season arc.
We're a few more in. Not digging it as much, but still ok. Millennial redhead seems really out of place, and some arc-issues for me, writing-wise. But still ok 
We wrapped it up. For sci-fi, and especially Star Trek fans it's worth watching... On the fence for others. There are some nitpicky and time travely issues for me, but all in all better than not. Two seasons of content for those looking for something.

We started War of the World's w Gabriel Byrne after wrapping Star trek....probably on the same CBS platform.

Pretty good start. 

Sopranos = way overrated.  

(based on the 30mins I've seen)
My take on The Wire.  Which by saying I am risking permanent banning via Rude and Schik and that Dodds guy that used to own part of the site and maybe even Joe Brian himself.  BUt I stand by it, and thank you for voicing your very notpopular opinion.

My take on The Wire.  Which by saying I am risking permanent banning via Rude and Schik and that Dodds guy that used to own part of the site and maybe even Joe Brian himself.  BUt I stand by it, and thank you for voicing your very notpopular opinion.
Agreed.  The Wire was way overrated.  I stopped in the middle of season 4 as I just lost all interest.

I get that it is considered a goat by many, and it could very well be.   For me, I dont like the mob/gangster thing, so I got about 1/2 way through an episode and wondered why I was bothering.  Probably 1% chance I get through 6 (I think) seasons of that. 

Users who are viewing this thread