Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)

KCC

2 hours ago, DaVinci said:

Season 2 is coming out on April 24 :thumbup:

Should be interesting to see if/how he changes his ways. This season was just so good.

Intermixed with the typical Gervais dark humor it had some pretty good life lessons for those that have had a death of someone close in their lives.

Edited by BroncoFreak_2K3

Amazon Prime has a huge 007 library available this month.

If I can only get my 15 year-old to watch one of these with me (likely, max), which should it be? @Capella

A View to a Kill
Diamonds Are Forever (1971)
Die Another Day (2002)
Dr. No (1962)
For Your Eyes Only (1981)
From Russia with Love (1964)
Goldeneye (1995)
Goldfinger (1964)
Licence to Kill (1989)
Live and Let Die (1973)
The Living Daylights (1987)
Thunderball (1965)
Tomorrow Never Dies (1997)
The Man with the Golden Gun (1974)
Moonraker (1979)
Never Say Never Again (1983)
Octo##### (1983)
On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (1969)
The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
Thunderball (1965)
Tomorrow Never Dies (1997)
The World is Not Enough (1999)
You Only Live Twice (1967)

11 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Amazon Prime has a huge 007 library available this month.

If I can only get my 15 year-old to watch one of these with me (likely, max), which should it be? @Capella

He/she ok with older stuff? You only live twice and from Russia were two of my favorites. I need to go find my power rankings brb 

• Thanks 1

My post from 2015. I still have to finish a few lol:

1. From Russia

2. Goldfiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinger (he's just too much!)

3. Dr. No

4. You Only Live Twice

5. Thunderball

6. The Spy Who Loved Me

7. The Man With The Golden Gun

8. The Living Daylights

9. Moonraker

10. On Her Majesty's Secret Service

11. Diamonds Are Forever

12. Live and Let Die

13. For Your Eyes Only

14. Octo#####

15. A View to Kill

• Like 2

On 4/5/2020 at 2:16 PM, El Floppo said:

We started War of the World's w Gabriel Byrne after wrapping Star trek....probably on the same CBS platform.

Pretty good start. 

unfortunately ep 2 tailed off pretty quickly with some dumb writing. but not enough to drive us away yet- barring continued downward slide, we're still in for more.

I really enjoyed the first season of Money Heist. Second season was good enough and third season was not very good but I still decided to try S4 which came out last Friday. 

The first episode was bad.  Very bad. Basically nothing happened in this episode.  A few flashbacks and we saw people recovering from the events at the end of S3.  It was a waste of time. I had pretty much decided to skip the rest but had a moment of weakness last night and fired up Episode 2.  Fortunately I didn't waste another hour of my life and turned it off after about 20 minutes.  This is not worth your time - even during the Pandemic there are 100000000s of better things to be doing.

The Occupant- Spanish physiological thriller about a guy who sells his apartment but finds himself obsessed with the new family living there. 7/10.

Money Heist, Season 4- this series is so far off the rails from the first season but such a guilty pleasure, simply can't quiet it. 1/10 or 7/10.

The Pharmacist- Four-part docuseries about a father who loses his son in drug deal gone bad and the fathers obsession with finding the killer and trying to curb the opioid crisis in Louisiana. 7/10.

Ozark, Season 3- best season of this show, which might be the best show on Netflix. 10/10.

On 4/6/2020 at 2:52 PM, El Floppo said:

unfortunately ep 2 tailed off pretty quickly with some dumb writing. but not enough to drive us away yet- barring continued downward slide, we're still in for more.

I watched it all (7 Episodes)

Pretty good IMO and worth watching. There are some Walking Dead type decisions being made at times but has some good tension and drama.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, The General said:

I watched it all (7 Episodes)

Pretty good IMO and worth watching. There are some Walking Dead type decisions being made at times but has some good tension and drama.

We watched another one or two and I agree...pretty decent.

I was actually looking forward to watching it tonight.

• Like 1

I got about 4 episodes into The Outsider and bailed.   I really need to get back to watching movies.   

That said, I actually have been pleasantly surprised by the movie selection on HBO.   Interested to see what's in store next month - isn't that when they launch the new version of the streaming with the TCM partnership + other stuff?

Watched the uncensored Rob Lowe roast from a Few years back free on YouTube last night. Wow it was brutal...and great! :lmao::lmao:

I linked the video below...NSFW obviously, however possibly SFWFH

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MeH4a7O-4iU&t=4134s

here is the list of “roasters”

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6038506/

Edited by JoeSteeler
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe Mammy said:

Anyone tried "Nailed It"?

Reality show about everyday folk being challenged with baking exercises. We watched 3 eps last night and were both LOLOLOL!

my wife and kids love this show. 

it's not for me, but they find it hilarious.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

Watched the uncensored Rob Lowe roast from a Few years back free on YouTube last night. Wow it was brutal...and great! :lmao::lmao:

I linked the video below...NSFW obviously, however possibly SFWFH

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MeH4a7O-4iU&t=4134s

here is the list of “roasters”

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6038506/

Definitely a good one.

Don't like Coulter but was feeling kinda sorry for her.

Watching it the other night and coincidentally, Lowe and Macchio were on The Outsiders on the adjacent channel.

2 minutes ago, brun said:

Definitely a good one.

Don't like Coulter but was feeling kinda sorry for her.

Watching it the other night and coincidentally, Lowe and Macchio were on The Outsiders on the adjacent channel.

yeah she was raked over the coals and her "jokes" were terrible for the most part. Peyton Manning did surprisingly well I thought.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mr. furley said:

my wife and kids love this show. 

it's not for me, but they find it hilarious.

8yo floppinha loves it (nailed it!)...had me watch an episode with her. I totally get it- fun and  funny for the inevitable baked train wrecks. 

6 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

yeah she was raked over the coals and her "jokes" were terrible for the most part. Peyton Manning did surprisingly well I thought.

They've had a few good ones but the James Franco one's f****** hilarious

70's nostalgia night with a Burt Reynolds double feature:

White Lightning- 86 on the 'mater meter. I did not even remember even ever seeing this, acting is surprisingly good with Ned Beatty shining.

Gator (the sequel to above) mater meter hated it and I can understand why. Burt's directorial debut. Some scenes drag on ridiculously. However, Jerry Reed's Bama McCall steals every scene (sorry Burt). And the huge guy driving around with his head sticking out of the sun roof is worth a bit of the price of admission.

Digging deep through the availabilities...

• Like 1

Nailed it is fine. I think the first season was the best as it was so unique but now every episode is the same. It’s fun though. I heard Nicole Byer on a podcast once say that every episode she basically gives the producers enough content to make a G-rated, PG-13 and X-rated show and they always go G. I wish they’d release the X cut. Sometimes when you see them all cracking up it’s because she made some joke that will never air. 

Edited by Capella
  • Like 1

(Amazon Prime) Ken Burns - The Dust Bowl.  I know I've watched it before, but thought it was somewhat relevant to our current times/situation.  Incredible hardships faced by those affected by the dust during The Great Depression as a bonus.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 6:54 PM, DaVinci said:

Tried to watch Iliza Shlesinger's sketch show on Netflix. It was horrible. :thumbdown:

She's got a parallel with Amy Schumer as the more famous she gets the less funny she gets.  

A sleeper for the next big female comic coming down the pike is Melissa Villasenor.  Her clips on YouTube are worth a search.

On 1/15/2020 at 10:06 PM, wikkidpissah said:

Just finished Dracula. As the same creative team did with Sherlock, they used a deep understanding of the origin story to play wildly with all its archetypes and make a memorable, though uneven, television event. Great performances all around, but the revelation was Claes Bang's vampire - the first truly Roman Dracula i've seen.

Great recommendation, I liked it quite a bit.

13 hours ago, Joe Mammy said:

70's nostalgia night with a Burt Reynolds double feature:

White Lightning- 86 on the 'mater meter. I did not even remember even ever seeing this, acting is surprisingly good with Ned Beatty shining.

Gator (the sequel to above) mater meter hated it and I can understand why. Burt's directorial debut. Some scenes drag on ridiculously. However, Jerry Reed's Bama McCall steals every scene (sorry Burt). And the huge guy driving around with his head sticking out of the sun roof is worth a bit of the price of admission.

Digging deep through the availabilities...

I did a similar one with Burt recently and watched some of his old cop / private eye movies.  Sharkey's Machine is still watchable, but Malone....oooof

16 minutes ago, Uncle Ruslan said:

She's got a parallel with Amy Schumer as the more famous she gets the less funny she gets.  

A sleeper for the next big female comic coming down the pike is Melissa Villasenor.  Her clips on YouTube are worth a search.

Schumer was never really funny.  Her best bits are stuff she lifted off urban dictionary.

36 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Looking for a new HBO series to start watching.  Already did Sopranos and Game of Thrones.  Tried The Wire but cut bait as not very good.

Weeds?  Veep?

My wife and I just finished watching Veep and we enjoyed it.  It's easy to zip through quick since each episode is only 30 minutes with only 10 episodes per season IIRC.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Looking for a new HBO series to start watching.  Already did Sopranos and Game of Thrones.  Tried The Wire but cut bait as not very good.

Weeds?  Veep?

Is there one with only a couple characters and one plot to keep track of? 

;)

Edited by KarmaPolice
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WDIK2 said:

(Amazon Prime) Ken Burns - The Dust Bowl.  I know I've watched it before, but thought it was somewhat relevant to our current times/situation.  Incredible hardships faced by those affected by the dust during The Great Depression as a bonus.

I can't get enough of Ken Burns.  Just rewatched the Baseball series.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, Uncle Ruslan said:

I’m not sure you could categorize an SNL cast member as a sleeper.

2 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Are most of the Ken Burns docs streaming?   

I know I have the baseball one in the queue, but not sure what else is available on the main services.  

Netflix has Vietnam.  Amazon Prime has the Civil War

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DaVinci said:

I’m not sure you could categorize an SNL cast member as a sleeper.

Lots of former female cast members would disagree.  Not many stand-up juggernauts in that group.

I think Villasenor has the stuff to be one of those "fill a big room" comedians that people actively seek out.  Not Kevin Hart / Dane Cook / Dice Clay size rooms, but enough to be the next new thing.

3 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

Weeds?  Veep?

Veep is probably my favorite comedy of all time. Highly recommend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Itaewon Class - my wife and I watched Ep 1 last night and really liked it. She wanted to wait for all the episodes to come out so she can binge. It's probably going to be a sad story but I'm intrigued by the spotlight on the terribleness of Korean culture.

4 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

Weeds?  Veep?

True Detective (only Season 1) and Six Feet Under

4 hours ago, Uncle Ruslan said:

Nikki Glaser is a very funny female comic too.

• Like 1