Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)

KCC

On 4/18/2020 at 1:22 AM, KarmaPolice said:

His sister is one of the more annoying TV characters I've come across.  I couldn't bring myself to go on past S1. 

You're missing out. Season 3 was one of the best seasons on TV ever.

We started a french apocalyptic show on Netflix...Into the Night.

The rising sun kills, so the premise is you have to outrun sunrise to the west and "into the night". Seems like a total trainwreck, and yet...moves along really quickly and is kinda sorta fun two eps in. We'll keep going. The eps are short, which helps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Floppo said:

The rising sun kills, so the premise is you have to outrun sunrise to the west and "into the night". Seems like a total trainwreck, and yet...moves along really quickly and is kinda sorta fun two eps in. We'll keep going. The eps are short, which helps.

Just starting episode 5. It does keep moving which is good. I'm thinking someone wrote this after getting high and watching The Langoliers, The Hateful Eight, Airplane.

• Thinking 1

On 3/28/2020 at 12:07 AM, joffer said:

Finished Zero Zero Zero and liked it a lot.  different than a lot of the other stuff out there right now.  im surprised there hasn’t been more talk about it.

Just finished this, thought it was excellent. If you liked Narcos, you will love this show. Highly recommend.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mquinnjr said:
On 3/28/2020 at 12:07 AM, joffer said:

Finished Zero Zero Zero and liked it a lot.  different than a lot of the other stuff out there right now.  im surprised there hasn’t been more talk about it.

Just finished this, thought it was excellent. If you liked Narcos, you will love this show. Highly recommend.

narcos meets sicario meets.. I had a third one that I forgot. 

started this on the recs in here... partway through and it's really good. well filmed, acted, written... just great across the board.

It’s really hard to find shoes that both my 16 year old daughter and I would like. For example, she’s not interested in Extraction or Devs. I’m not really interested in Outer Banks. I hear Cheer was good, but she binged it without me. 

we both loved “Never Have I Ever” - sweet teen story, but well told, well acted, and written so that I would be interested. 

We are also binging Happy Endings. 

Any other suggestions that both dad and 16 yo daughter might like? 

On 5/2/2020 at 12:51 AM, CletiusMaximus said:

Bad Education on HBO. Based on a true story, great characters and great acting. I don’t really like Hugh Jackman but he does a good job. Allison Janney is great in this. Recommend. 

Yup, this was pretty decent.  Worth a watch.

(Going into it, I knew nothing about the story.)

3 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

I started Letter to the King on Netflix with 12yo floppinho. 

it's really flawed across the board. but as far as fantasy/period/adventure... it works well enough to watch with the kid.

Yes, binged this with my daughter a few weeks back. Flawed, yes, but juuuuuuuust decent enough to keep me interested. 

and it really sticks the landing in a way that satisfied me. Takes some interesting turns. One or two genuine surprises. I recommend sticking with it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

I started Letter to the King on Netflix with 12yo floppinho. 

it's really flawed across the board. but as far as fantasy/period/adventure... it works well enough to watch with the kid.

By the way, did you do The Witcher with Lil Flop?  It’s basically a better written, acted, directed, version of Letter. 

25 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

Eliza Butterworth, who plays Edward's mother on The Last Kingdom, is listed on IMDB as being 27 years old. Best grandma ever.

I was just noticing in the first couple episodes of the new season how young she looks. I don’t know if they did something slightly different with her appearance or I’m just now noticing it. 

10 minutes ago, Sweet J said:

By the way, did you do The Witcher with Lil Flop?  It’s basically a better written, acted, directed, version of Letter. 

Quote a bit of graphic sex/nudity. So, no. Next year, maybe.

ETA...I enjoyed it though!

Edited by El Floppo

18 minutes ago, Sweet J said:

It’s really hard to find shoes that both my 16 year old daughter and I would like. For example, she’s not interested in Extraction or Devs. I’m not really interested in Outer Banks. I hear Cheer was good, but she binged it without me. 

we both loved “Never Have I Ever” - sweet teen story, but well told, well acted, and written so that I would be interested. 

You on Netflix? Little dark and some violence/blood but solid story

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roadkill1292 said:

Eliza Butterworth, who plays Edward's mother on The Last Kingdom, is listed on IMDB as being 27 years old. Best grandma ever.

So one year older then Millie Brady the actress who plays her daughter. 

52 minutes ago, Sweet J said:

The Good Place or Parks and Rec.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sweet J said:

Community imo

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sweet J said:

I enjoyed Never Have I Ever as well. The gist of the story is nothing new, but it's very well done. I enjoyed it a lot. The John McEnroe touch is perfect.

I loved Happy Endings. One of the best sitcoms ever, imo, and it's early cancellation was a travesty.

Some suggestions that I enjoyed and sound like you guys might enjoy together, based on what you've been watching: Atypical, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Love, Jane the Virgin

Probably a stupid question, but you guys have seen Parks and Rec and Arrested Development, right? All-time greats so wanted to make sure to mention.

5 hours ago, Sweet J said:

You might be pleasantly surprised by Outer Banks. It’s not terrible. 

On 5/2/2020 at 2:40 PM, El Floppo said:

I watched it and liked it. Definitely not winning an award but went quick and it was fun. The constant pick a new enemy was a bit over the top but still was worth a quick season.

I’ve got a lot of classics I should start but I haven’t quite gotten myself into a multi-season serious show mood yet. Reminds me of Black Mirror which I loved (last season was a bit meh), but it was so depressing at a time when I was stressed (company just bought, bad episode of the flu with my wife, FIL passing, driving to NY for a weekend for funeral while sick, not getting an hour of relaxation with 2 weeks off at the end of the year, total stressball) that I had to stop watching it. Not nearly as stressed (whole other zip code financially, most stress) but not a great time still so just not in that mood.

I did enjoy watching Too Hot To Handle with my teenagers since we already watched Outer Banks. Loved OB, THTH was a complete train wreck but in a funny way. Highly recommended if you like underboob, which I wasn’t aware came in complete wardrobes, and want to turn your brain off for a bit.

5 hours ago, Sweet J said:

Does she like angst? Do you like beautiful young people?  Do you both like mindsploding science fiction?  The 100 is what you are looking for.  Also maybe Riverdale. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

28 minutes ago, Tolstoy said:

What’s the consensus on Fargo the tv series?  I know I’ve seen very good reviews in general.  All seasons good or is there a drop off?

IMO, the first season ranks up there as one of the all time greats.. Thanks for the post as it reminds me I need to re-watch yet again! :excited:

The others have been good, as long as your willing to sit back and just enjoy as they go "way out there"..

36 minutes ago, Tolstoy said:

What’s the consensus on Fargo the tv series?  I know I’ve seen very good reviews in general.  All seasons good or is there a drop off?

I loved the first 2 seasons. I haven't really watched TV shows over the last few years, but coming back for the pandemic, has HULU just stolen every FX show?

I'm a Netflix, You Tube TV, Prime Video person (and Prime Video is a last resort because their interface sucks so bad). I want to catch up on all my old beloved FX shows. Did HULU just snap them all up?

I'm not even seeing a buy option for Fargo on Prime Video. 

Edited by pollardsvision

On 4/23/2020 at 8:16 AM, pollardsvision said:

I started Waco, which I didn't know existed. I wouldn't call it great, but it's entertaining. Only 6 episodes.

Mostly importantly, if Tim Riggins is playing David Koresh and Ruth Langmore is involved, I'm watching. 

It was entertaining, but from what I remember, they took some creative liberties in how things played out. 

1 hour ago, Tolstoy said:

I thought season three was disappointing compared with the first two. Both of which are must-watch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tolstoy said:

Doesn't get as much recognition being on FX but easily one of my favorite TV shows.  Seasons 1 and 2 are epic, 3 is pretty good.  Being that its an anthology, you don't have to invest yourself and can watch a season at a time.