What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (8 Viewers)

that's it - and there is also a strong focus on the DEA lead inspector that was put in charge of Camarena's murder investigation, Hector Berrellez ...what a man.  
Yeah season 2 is loosely based on the investigation although they give him a different name
Binky...you should watch Narcos...Mex especially if you found this interesting. The whole series is pretty great though.

In the absence of anything else, we're on S3 of Unforgotten- which, while a well done cold case whodunnit show, lacks any real excitement.
Wrapped it up.

This is a nicely and well made show, especially in terms of writing real and believable characters. Typical British 6 ep arc also keeps things moving along briskly. 

Even though this isn't Sopranos level or anything, I definitely recommend it.

Here’s sort of a weird one...

Most of “There Will Be Blood” takes place in a fictional California town called Little Boston...a speck in the middle of nowhere sitting on a  vast fortune of untapped oil.  Little Boston was based on a few different places in western Kern County but mostly Taft (also the setting for “The Best Of Times”).

PT Anderson and crew actually visited Taft and other locations/museums before shooting the film.  

Then they shot the movie in Marfa, Texas.  The two locales look almost exactly alike.

Taft is also less than 2 hours from Hollywood.

I never could figure that out.
And a lot of car chase scenes in CSI: Miami were filmed in Long Beach, CA.....

Also noticed in the beginning of the Longest Yard (Sandler's version), Sandler is leading the police on the high speed chase through Long Beach (can see the sign for the Pike and also he tends to film a lot there) yet all the cops cars clearly say San Diego Police.

Anyway, for any of you with kids, watched Upside Down Magic on D+ last night and it wasn't bad.  Kid loved it.  I didn't hate it lol.  Would recommend if your kids are looking for something to watch.

GroveDiesel said:
Been enjoying the 2nd season of Umbrella Academy. Even more than the 1st actually. Five is definitely my favorite character.
Most of the way thru and agree, liking season 2 a lot more than 1. They turned up the funny a bit and enjoying seeing some of the backstory on the dad. I do miss Hazel and Cha-Cha although the Swede’s are sufficiently weirdly entertaining in their place.

Buckna said:
Most of the way thru and agree, liking season 2 a lot more than 1. They turned up the funny a bit and enjoying seeing some of the backstory on the dad. I do miss Hazel and Cha-Cha although the Swede’s are sufficiently weirdly entertaining in their place.
Yeah season 2 is better then season 1. By the end of this season I didn't like any of the main characters except Diego and Ben. 

Here’s sort of a weird one...

Most of “There Will Be Blood” takes place in a fictional California town called Little Boston...a speck in the middle of nowhere sitting on a  vast fortune of untapped oil.  Little Boston was based on a few different places in western Kern County but mostly Taft (also the setting for “The Best Of Times”).

PT Anderson and crew actually visited Taft and other locations/museums before shooting the film.  

Then they shot the movie in Marfa, Texas.  The two locales look almost exactly alike.

Taft is also less than 2 hours from Hollywood.

I never could figure that out.
That's OK, I couldn't figure out nearly the entire 2nd half of the movie.

My favorite new so far this year has been I Am Not Okay With This (Netflix) . Tight storytelling (short episodes) keeps it moving and I found the lead very genuine. Worth searching for if you let it roll off your queue earlier this year. 

Anyone have any issues with the HBO Max app? Sorry if its already been discussed.

I use it with a Samsung TV and it freezes all the time. 

Anyone have any issues with the HBO Max app? Sorry if its already been discussed.

I use it with a Samsung TV and it freezes all the time. 
If you had an...ahem...login to hbogo, does it not work with Max?  Max is an extra charge, right?

My favorite new so far this year has been I Am Not Okay With This (Netflix) . Tight storytelling (short episodes) keeps it moving and I found the lead very genuine. Worth searching for if you let it roll off your queue earlier this year. 
Fantastic show. Hope next season is just as good. 

If you haven’t watched it yet, you also must watch The End of the ####### World. 

I thought the exact same thing after watching the first episode.  I guess I need to watch a few more and will cross my fingers.
I watched Perry Mason as a kid and was totally turned off by the change in character. My wife also disliked the first episode so I never made it past that. 

This is actually worth watching??

I watched Perry Mason as a kid and was totally turned off by the change in character. My wife also disliked the first episode so I never made it past that. 

This is actually worth watching??
I’m through 6 and I like it. Never watched the original though. 

With not much to watch and Yellowstone keeps popping to the top of the list of most popular shows list I decided to give it a go.  Modern day story of Cowboys and Indians, land vs. cattle, really not my thing.   But, then in episode 3 Beth took a bath in the horse trough and I am  :eek:  watching every dam episode whether the story gets any better or not.

The Gator said:
Ive not seen the hbo show yet- but isn’t it supposed to take place prior to the original show?
I hope not. Perry Mason didn’t have tattoos or a drinking problem. 

Of what? They have nothing in common. 
In serial fiction, the term "reboot" signifies a new start to an established fictional universe, work, or series that discards continuity to re-create its characters, plotlines and backstory from the beginning. ... A reboot that retains a certain degree of continuity from previous works is known as a "soft reboot".

I’m watching this “docuseries” on Netflix, Rise of Empires: Ottoman.  It’s like 6 episodes of filming a recreation of events around the Fall of Constantinople, with historians adding commentary at various intervals.  Not sure I’ve ever watched anything like that.  I thought I’d hate it, but I’m actually enjoying it.  And it’s an event that i didn’t know much about previously.

In serial fiction, the term "reboot" signifies a new start to an established fictional universe, work, or series that discards continuity to re-create its characters, plotlines and backstory from the beginning. ... A reboot that retains a certain degree of continuity from previous works is known as a "soft reboot".
Ah. Thanks. I always thought a reboot still stayed somewhat in line with the source material. The “soft reboot” from your post. 

I’m watching this “docuseries” on Netflix, Rise of Empires: Ottoman.  It’s like 6 episodes of filming a recreation of events around the Fall of Constantinople, with historians adding commentary at various intervals.  Not sure I’ve ever watched anything like that.  I thought I’d hate it, but I’m actually enjoying it.  And it’s an event that i didn’t know much about previously.
I haven't seen this show, but your description sounds like a couple of other shows on Netflix - "Roman Empire" and "Medici"

I haven't seen this show, but your description sounds like a couple of other shows on Netflix - "Roman Empire" and "Medici"
I tried watching Roman Empire but just couldn't get into the mixed genres. Like they couldn't decide what they wanted it to be.

Jamestown: Hermaphrodite alchemists mostly were responsible for the birth of our county.  How DARE you not agree with that?!

THIS.....is PBS (your tax dollars creating "entertainment")!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread