What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (8 Viewers)

yeah that was unfortunate.  I didn’t hate S2 but the drop off was significant
When the brunette caught the bird in the garage in her hand on first try and about 25 rats came running out from under the freezer, that was it for me.  So dumb. 

We started we watching Love on the Spectrum- 5 part Aussie doc/reality TV show. Surprisingly amazing...they did a fantastic job casting it- the stars cover a range of abilities on the spectrum, and are all warm, bright, funny and hugely charismatic...even when awkward. Michael is a bonafide star.

I enjoyed it more than the 1st season. A bit more humor and less brooding. 
It was solid. I enjoyed both seasons, probably liked the first season more. Not by much, just because it was so new/different. Looking forward to the next season. I actually hope it’s not a stop the bomb arc, would be interesting to see where they go with the ending. I think if it’s a  brand new arc then they could easily keep it rolling. That said, this might be based on a book or comics, I have no idea.

stbugs said:
It was solid. I enjoyed both seasons, probably liked the first season more. Not by much, just because it was so new/different. Looking forward to the next season. I actually hope it’s not a stop the bomb arc, would be interesting to see where they go with the ending. I think if it’s a  brand new arc then they could easily keep it rolling. That said, this might be based on a book or comics, I have no idea.
It is actually based on a comic book series written by the lead singer for My Chemical Romance. I haven’t actually read the comics though so I’m not sure how faithful it is to the comics.

Finished S2 of Kim's Convenience. Enjoying it still but really just for the parents and the dad in particular. The rest of the cast is good but I don't get many laughs from them, except maybe the woman manager of the car rental. Still, a good show to kill a half hour now and then.

Finished S2 of Kim's Convenience. Enjoying it still but really just for the parents and the dad in particular. The rest of the cast is good but I don't get many laughs from them, except maybe the woman manager of the car rental. Still, a good show to kill a half hour now and then.
Kimchi and Gerald have their moments. Also some of the fringe acquaintances of the parents.

Watched The Old Guard on Netflix last night....solid.  I think they did a good job with it.

Stay after the credits run.  There's a scene that makes you think there will be a sequel at some point.
Watched it last night. Definitely enjoyed it some obvious well used tropes, but very good overall and certainly some teasers on wikipedia about a sequel.

ETA, my kids informed me while watching that the Mad Scientist dude was Harry Potter's porky cousin. 

Last edited by a moderator:
El Floppo said:
We started we watching Love on the Spectrum- 5 part Aussie doc/reality TV show. Surprisingly amazing...they did a fantastic job casting it- the stars cover a range of abilities on the spectrum, and are all warm, bright, funny and hugely charismatic...even when awkward. Michael is a bonafide star.
We finished it.

Loved this show and the people in it. It's the unfiltered honesty and idealism from the people here- inspiring and heart warming. And I'm not usually drawn to the heart warming stuff.

Yes it's pretty good. Says this race eats iron men up. I believe it.
We started watching...kids are into it.

I did Tris before the kids, up to and including an Ironman. I wouldn't last a day in this thing. Interested to see how the team of Ironman athletes, including the Ironman Cowboy (decent enough doc in itself about him...50 IMs in 50 straight days in 50 states) do and/or if they can finish. Those Kiwis are madmen (and woman).

jamny said:
Started this today. Nice to have something different to watch. Crazy having that dude with Alzheimer's on it. Puts my lazy ### to shame.
Yea that took a lot of guts. It is a devastating disease. My MiL passed from it last weekend. Can't imagine how tough that must be to participate in that race with that disease.

we started watching Reckoning on Netflix last night.  pretty much a stock cop vs serial killer show. checks a lot of the stereotypical boxes.

that was enough bait to catch my wife's attention, but what made her take the hook is all of the actors (save 1) are like the 3rd or 4th tier options for their respective roles.  like the Netflix execs said to the creators of this show "we want a cop show and we want Alec Baldwin in the lead".. and the creators said "how about if we can get a guy who looks like the body double of Alec Baldwin's backup body double and his acting is on par with that guy's?" and Netflix said "make it".

she loves shows that fit a certain profile, but which have actors no one has ever seen before who are really not good at their job.

They never explained it but it appears that one of the cops that was an enforcer for the cartel is still a cop.  He was wearing a uniform and doing the weird religious stuff
That guy was dramatic.  Almost too dramatic like he was trying hard to convince someone he wasn't the willing trigger man in some of the killings.

Eco Challenge was a thing on discovery channel way back in the day before Survivor. Is this the same thing?  Loved that show. 
Same thing...mark Burnett production w bear grilles or whatever as the probst host.

Family's been binging it... Insanely difficult stuff- inspiring to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread