What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (8 Viewers)

Prime- "Caught Inside". Thriller about a bunch of Aussie surfers taking a vacation on a huge sailboat to a secret break. Only 1 of the 4 of them broke the rules and brought his girlfriend who brought her girlfriend. What could go wrong? This was surprisingly good with great surfing footage and psycho intensity that builds and builds...

Kind of has to be since the actual race for the top spot is over before most teams make to or just past the half way point. 
Seems unfair to me that when they have to come to a stop for darkness or whatever that the other teams behind get to catch up. The point of the show I am at now is they have to stop because it’s too dangerous to go out on the water at night and second and third place caught up. Why not make those teams wait to go out the same amount of time that they were behind when they came into camp? They should be held up 45 minutes or whatever. 

Or are they keeping cumulative time? One of the New Zealand guys said something like we hate to stop since it lets others catch up but that doesn’t seem right to me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems unfair to me that when they have to come to a stop for darkness or whatever that the other teams behind get to catch up. The point of the show I am at now is they have to stop because it’s too dangerous to go out on the water at night and second and third place caught up. Why not make those teams wait to go out the same amount of time that they were behind when they came into camp? They should be held up 45 minutes or whatever. 
That whole event seemed to be handled wrong imo. They stopped the teams from racing and didn't seem to adjust the checkpoint check in time either. 

Capella said:

Or are they keeping cumulative time? One of the New Zealand guys said something like we hate to stop since it lets others catch up but that doesn’t seem right to me. 
Oh...I assumed the time was being kept and when forced to stop, teams that "caught up" as a result, then had to wait that long to start again.

Oh...I assumed the time was being kept and when forced to stop, teams that "caught up" as a result, then had to wait that long to start again.
Maybe? Afterwards they mentioned NZ team still in first. But it would seem odd that team was complaining about it then. 

One thing that i really liked about the Eco-challenge series is the production team constantly providing GPS maps of the course, with colors for stages, checkpoints, team locations, etc.
especially since it must be tough to try to tell an overlapping story that can last between 5 -14 days depending on which team and  which day they are showing and how they may be ahead or behind other teams.

I know it's says World's Toughest Race in the title, but i thought "whomever decided to stage the Waterfall climb and immediately follow it up by a lengthy hypothermia swim must be 1 sick *******".   due to the high chance of hypothermia i felt that there should have been one of those mandatory basecamp stops there.  (i think probably all stopped anyways)  

Also, i was impressed by the woman on the French team.  seems like a smart woman, but one tough cookie

If you liked Eco-Challenge, then you might want to take a look at the The Barkley-Marathon, the race that eats its young on Amazon Prime. (its only 90 mins long)
Its a single person ~100 mile race in the Tennessee mountains where only 18 people have ever Finished the course in 30 years.  It's old school....No GPS, 60 straight hours, over tough terrain and you have to find checkpoints where the race organizer has stashed paperback books on the course and to prove you made the checkpoint, each runner has to find the book and rip out the exact page # that matches their Race Bib.   

If you liked Eco-Challenge, then you might want to take a look at the The Barkley-Marathon, the race that eats its young on Amazon Prime. (its only 90 mins long)
Its a single person ~100 mile race in the Tennessee mountains where only 18 people have ever Finished the course in 30 years.  It's old school....No GPS, 60 straight hours, over tough terrain and you have to find checkpoints where the race organizer has stashed paperback books on the course and to prove you made the checkpoint, each runner has to find the book and rip out the exact page # that matches their Race Bib.   
yes. enjoyed this a lot.

Capella said:
I did too, mainly because after he said “they didn’t know the PVC would expand” I didn’t hear anything from laughing so hard. 
Same and to make sure they said he made it across all lanes of the highway 😂

Capella said:
The man in the ball in the ball :lmao:   :lmao:  wheezing laughing over here 
Ken Bailey was the man who came up with the idea for the ball. He called it the Man in the Ball in the Ball. When everyone got tired of saying that, which happened immediately, we just called it the Bailey Ball.

Bailey was a very excitable man who had a childlike enthusiasm for rides. He peddled the ball, his most sensational idea, at the amusement conventions my father frequented. Ken said he got the idea while working as a custodian in a Kmart and accidentally spilling a bunch of whiffle balls on the floor. As they rolled around, Bailey imagined a person inside of each one.

Now it was free. The ball had achieved autonomy.

My father enlisted him to build out his track. When he was finished, we gathered at the foot of the mountain—me, my father, Charlie O’Brien, a physician who inexplicably advised on the safety of rides named Doctor Sugar, and Ken. Also present was an inspector from the Department of Labor, who seemed to recoil at the sight of the mountain track. That he was there at all was something of a formality. Normally, the state had little idea how to evaluate my father’s participatory rides and had no clue how to verify their safety profile. The Bailey Ball would nonetheless need to demonstrate some basic regard for human life in order to be rubber-stamped.

My father had wanted to see the ball in action first thing in the morning, hoping to get it open to the public the following day, but the inspector was running late. Because of the delay, Frank had been in the ball and cooking for more than a half hour, during the first day of hot weather we’d seen. He was already at the mouth of the track, 600 feet up the mountain.

When everyone was in place, Ken gave a thumbs-up. Big Al pushed the ball from its starting position down the graded slope. Things went well for the first 15 seconds or so, with Frank remaining upright in the center of the ball. But, on the first turn to go back across the mountain, the ball didn’t remain in the groove. It broke free and began rolling straight downhill.

Ken’s face fell. He had been working up until the last minute, gluing the PVC together, not realizing it was warping under the heat. I could already see gaps in the tubing. Damaged by the hot sun, the plastic was expanding, severing the rail that was supposed to give the ball direction. Now it was free, unburdened by the track. The ball had achieved autonomy.

It gained momentum, tumbling uncontrollably down the face of the slope and picking up tremendous speed. Inside, Frank spun helplessly, unable to stop. He could not abandon the craft, as the door opened only from the outside.

When the contraption made it to the bottom without any visible damage, and Frank still appeared conscious, I exhaled. But it didn’t stop. It began rolling at high speed toward us like the boulder in Raiders of the Lost Ark. We scattered, my dad and I scurrying to the left, and Ken and Charlie to the right. Doctor Sugar and the inspector were frozen, each of their faces a rictus of terror.

The ball cleared a small hill, briefly going airborne, then zipped right across Route 94, the two-lane road splitting the park. Cars honked and slammed on their brakes. If there had been opposing traffic, Frank would have become part of a real-life game of Pong, volleying from one bumper to another.

Still in pursuit, we followed the ball toward a small lake in Motor World that had been earmarked for a fleet of tiny bumper boats for children. The area wasn’t open yet, but the empty boats were being tested and floated on the surface. The ball soared over the grass and smashed into several of them, scattering the others with rippling waves from the impact, which launched some of the boats several feet in the air.

Charlie and Ken waded into the water looking for the hatch. After some difficulty, they got it open. Charlie pulled Frank out by grabbing him under his armpits like a baby. Frank crawled up the bank, coughing and sputtering. He splayed across the grass as we all stared at the ball, which bobbed in the water like it was attached to a fishing lure.

We did not ask for the inspector’s report, nor did we ever hear of one being filed. Ken Bailey returned to Canada. The snow-makers cleared away the PVC. Told to dispose of the Bailey Ball, they rolled it into the woods, where it remained for many years.

My father was unbowed. He kept drawing and doodling attractions, telling us about things that were not yet in the park but soon would be. “Just wait,” he said. “Just wait.”

Being a Jersey guy that was in his late teens at the time, I had many adventurous days there . Such a crazy park
We went there a lot, always a crazy time.

On the Cannonball, they would forbid anyone wearing jean shorts on it because it didn't slide well. My girlfriend managed to get past the "security" to go on. I went first and swam to the side after to watch her come out. Waiting...waiting...waiting. Finally she emerges crawling feet first to the edge of the exit hole. Everyone starts chanting "Jump, jump" but it was pretty high up. Finally she does jump and less than a second later, a guy comes flying out like a rocket, feet first,  out of it. She would have been seriously hurt had she not jumped.

Another time, on that multi-lane slide, they had a max weight limit. My friend, clocking in at about 300lbs got to the top and they tried to tell him he couldn't go on. He pushed past and went flying down the slide, slamming into the back bumpers that no one else even got close to.

We also created havoc on the boat race. They stopped it and tried to get us to kick us out of the park but we scattered when we got off and all got away.

Endless stories. There was never a bad time at Action Park!

Netflix now has Cobra Kai.  I know what I'm doing tonight.

Also watched the limited series "High Score"  about the creation, rise and evolution of video games.  Covers Atari's rise and fall, Nintendo's rise, Sega going to war with Nintendo for market share, RPGs and 1st person shooters.  If you are an old school gamer you might enjoy the history.

because of you guys, I started watching Last Chance U (I think that's what it's called), but in reverse order (last Indy season and this year's Laney College).

compelling watch. I know he's made out to be a bit of a villain, but I liked the JB coach at Indy, and really liked coach Beam. I appreciate how they related to the kids and understand the role juco plays for them. really don't like how they yell when physical mistakes are made... "WHY'D YOU ####### DROP THAT?!!" ... is a rhetorical question that doesn't need addressing in the moment or ever. why'd you make this or that mental/tactical mistake.. absolutely. very interesting seeing the differences in the kids, programs and schools- housing, out of state recruiting (vs public local tax dollars... not even sure where jucos get their funding- local, state or federal level?), teachers, small-town vs urban, etc. Did they imply INdy's playbook actually got sold and bought by all their opposition? 

Saw the title and thought it could be a fun show for my kid and I to watch, saw the trailer and thought no way is this appropraite for an 11 year old.  

Let us know how the rest turn out, its on my list to watch.
I really enjoy this show. Kadeem Hardison is really good in this. It is not suitable for an 11 year old.

The Mandela Effect - Liked it

Amazon Prime has a few of these independent sci-fi movies. I liked Infinity Chamber too.

This one is about a computer programmer who's daughter dies. The whole thing just doesn't feel right so he starts out to discover how to fix things. His search leads him to connect with a scientist who believes we are all part of a computer simulation. So what happens if you could hack that simulation? It builds momentum up to a very cool conclusion.

The Mandela Effect - Liked it

Amazon Prime has a few of these independent sci-fi movies. I liked Infinity Chamber too.

This one is about a computer programmer who's daughter dies. The whole thing just doesn't feel right so he starts out to discover how to fix things. His search leads him to connect with a scientist who believes we are all part of a computer simulation. So what happens if you could hack that simulation? It builds momentum up to a very cool conclusion.... does he take the red pill, or the blue pill? only the matrix knows for sure.

Encounter - awful

Looked like it had good production value (and it did) and an interesting premise but...

Luke Hemsworth and Tom Atkins (thrill me!) are the only people who can act AT ALL in this thing. The rest were abysmal. As was the dialog. And the plot. And the characters. 

Been a long time since I watched a movie this bad.

El Floppo said:
because of you guys, I started watching Last Chance U (I think that's what it's called), but in reverse order (last Indy season and this year's Laney College).

compelling watch. I know he's made out to be a bit of a villain, but I liked the JB coach at Indy, and really liked coach Beam. I appreciate how they related to the kids and understand the role juco plays for them. really don't like how they yell when physical mistakes are made... "WHY'D YOU ####### DROP THAT?!!" ... is a rhetorical question that doesn't need addressing in the moment or ever. why'd you make this or that mental/tactical mistake.. absolutely. very interesting seeing the differences in the kids, programs and schools- housing, out of state recruiting (vs public local tax dollars... not even sure where jucos get their funding- local, state or federal level?), teachers, small-town vs urban, etc. Did they imply INdy's playbook actually got sold and bought by all their opposition? 
So much going on with these shows. I thought the last season was pretty heavy and well-done. There is a long thread for this show here if interested. 

Knew I recognized him.  Could not believe that was Dwayne Wayne.  
He was also in a show on Disney my kid liked with Zendaya called KC Undercover.  They had an episode where he comes across Jasmine Guy's character.  He's wearing the Dwayne Wayne flip of glasses and she reponds to a question with "That was a different world".  

He was also in a show on Disney my kid liked with Zendaya called KC Undercover.  They had an episode where he comes across Jasmine Guy's character.  He's wearing the Dwayne Wayne flip of glasses and she reponds to a question with "That was a different world".  
never bothered to learn the name of the show, but my kids also watched this one briefly.  was shocked to see him on air.

So, is that how he actually sounds now or is he throwing some extra grizzle in his voice.  Sounds over the top at times.  

Netflix now has Cobra Kai.  I know what I'm doing tonight.
Thanks for posting this.  I just finished watching Shameless and it will be a while before S11 is streaming.  Was trying to figure out what to watch next.

My neighbor recommended Kingdom to me, but I think I'm gonna do Cobra Kai first.

Thanks for posting this.  I just finished watching Shameless and it will be a while before S11 is streaming.  Was trying to figure out what to watch next.

My neighbor recommended Kingdom to me, but I think I'm gonna do Cobra Kai first.
Cobra Kai was actually good imo.  Nice balance of nostalgia and continuing the story.  Also, approx 30 min long episodes makes it really easy to get sucked in and rolling through several episodes...

Users who are viewing this thread