Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)

KCC

Somehow I missed completely on Star Trek:TNG when it ran. Plan on plowing through it now. Enterprise and Voyager and the original Star Trek also streaming.

Been waiting for this, going to turn my daughters into :nerd: s Edited by Hov34

Somehow I missed completely on Star Trek:TNG when it ran. Plan on plowing through it now. Enterprise and Voyager and the original Star Trek also streaming.

I never did watch the end of Voyager. May have to go back and watch that. TNG has some great episodes and some really awful episodes. Still a solid Star Trek series.

Wow, never thought I would see the day. They have been milking VHS and DVD sales on all the Star Trek series for as long as I can remember. Once upon a time they used to charge $19.99 for 2 episode vhs tapes!!! Supposedly Deep Space 9 will follow on October 1st.

kick ### KICK Fing ###!!

Just bought a new TV/sound system with wifi and started an account with Netflix and this was the first movie viewed.

got a feeling I will watch a bunch of movies in a short amount of time :thumbup:

I never did watch the end of Voyager. May have to go back and watch that. TNG has some great episodes and some really awful episodes. Still a solid Star Trek series.
TNG is an all time series for me. I think it is one of the reasons that reboots of television shows as movies have become so common.While I agree that the occasional Dr. Crusher or Counselor Troi centered episodes can be pretty weak, as a whole that show delivered the goods on a regular basis. Although I must say that computer security on the most advanced starship in the 23rd century sucks. Microsoft must have won the Starfleet contract.

TNG is an all time series for me. I think it is one of the reasons that reboots of television shows as movies have become so common.While I agree that the occasional Dr. Crusher or Counselor Troi centered episodes can be pretty weak, as a whole that show delivered the goods on a regular basis. Although I must say that computer security on the most advanced starship in the 23rd century sucks. Microsoft must have won the Starfleet contract.
A big reason I am going to watch the series is that I am a huge Wil Wheaton fan, not from ST:TNG, but from everything he has done the last 10 years, basically his life after ST:TNG. But I know I'm missing out on a ton of inside jokes as he makes fun of himself from the show, so I feel like I need to watch this big piece of pop culture.

No more Dexter! :rant: Only 4 episodes into Season 2

yea, just saw, they no longer have streaming for any Dexter.I saw 1-2 streaming and doing the mailing for seasons 3-4Anyone know when season 5 will be on netflix?
Released on DVD August 16th. Probably will have to wait another month for netflix to ship them.

Finally watched The Machinist last night. Loved it. Christian Bale did not look healthy.

I say it every time: it is simply amazing what he did to his body for that role. It is even more amazing that he did it between Equilibrium and Batman Begins.

Somehow I missed completely on Star Trek:TNG when it ran. Plan on plowing through it now.

Enterprise and Voyager and the original Star Trek also streaming.

TNG is an all time series for me. I think it is one of the reasons that reboots of television shows as movies have become so common.

While I agree that the occasional Dr. Crusher or Counselor Troi centered episodes can be pretty weak, as a whole that show delivered the goods on a regular basis. Although I must say that computer security on the most advanced starship in the 23rd century sucks. Microsoft must have won the Starfleet contract.

Absolutely. Its one of my favorite shows of all time. The borg alone is one of the greatest enemies created for Star trek and it originated in TNG.

Plus Crusher and Troi "centered" episodes weren't all bad. :excited:

As a side note, after rewatching a lot of episodes that the Federation is one of the most incompetently managed galactic organizations in the history of man. How can they have all of this technology and vast amounts of intelligent people and somehow be bamboozled by the simplest of alien life forms consistently? How has captain Piccard not lost his command on dozens of occasions for the poor decision making he has done to lead them into ridiculous situations?

Finally watched The Machinist last night. Loved it. Christian Bale did not look healthy.

I say it every time: it is simply amazing what he did to his body for that role. It is even more amazing that he did it between Equilibrium and Batman Begins.
I almost makes me wanna go on the apple and can of tuna a day diet

Weeds is a good series so far. :thumbup:

Absolutely, for the first two or three seasons. Then it is unbearable.
I've enjoyed every season. :shrug:
You are one of very few. Most everyone I know who watched it found it unbearable midway through season 3. I only made it to the end of season 2. Barely made it to the end.

Silverado. Such an underrated western. Editing was a bit choppy here and there but high entertainment. Danny Glover is da man.

Very good Western. Honestly, Im not sure if its underrated or not. It certainly isnt heralded, but anyone who has seen their share of movies and westerns knows its good. Ive never heard anyone say its bad. I think even people who think Kevin Costner sucks would call this a solid movie. Above all else, Glover-Costner-Kline-Glenn have great banter and interactions.

Silverado. Such an underrated western. Editing was a bit choppy here and there but high entertainment. Danny Glover is da man.

Very good Western. Honestly, Im not sure if its underrated or not. It certainly isnt heralded, but anyone who has seen their share of movies and westerns knows its good. Ive never heard anyone say its bad. I think even people who think Kevin Costner sucks would call this a solid movie. Above all else, Glover-Costner-Kline-Glenn have great banter and interactions.
I don't want to kill you and you don't want to be dead.

You are one of very few. Most everyone I know who watched it found it unbearable midway through season 3. I only made it to the end of season 2. Barely made it to the end.

I tapped out about half way through S2

I tapped out about half way through S2

I'm easily amused, I guess. :shrug:

Last season was good.... family on the run. If you imagine they're on the run from what Nancy did at the end of season 3, you can skip the crappy seasons 4 and 5.

Agreed. The season with Nancy and the drug lord getting married was a dud, but every other season is excellent.

Buffalo'66(1998)...Ricci never looks as hot as she does in that film...this was pre-butchering her body.

Buffalo '66 is great. If I didnt put it on my Top 100 movies list, I should have.
I had never heard of this movie but watched it tonight due to this recommendation. Wow! What a wonderfully, crazy movie! Fantastic!

Well prison break is my 2nd favorite show of all time. And yesterday I was pleasantly surprised by hot tub time machine.

Are you half way through the first season or what?

With the family away I've become a nightly NetFlix Instant freak.

Watched "The Human Centipede" last night. DO NOT WATCH THIS.

To repair my scarred mind, I checked out "The League" and was really surprised. I ended up watching all six episodes. It's really, really good.

:thumbup:

To repair my scarred mind, I checked out "The League" and was really surprised. I ended up watching all six episodes. It's really, really good.

I've said this before but, part of me dies every time I see the DVD cover in Best Buy and humanity is lessened due to this movie's very existence.

I've said this before but, part of me dies every time I see the DVD cover in Best Buy and humanity is lessened due to this movie's very existence.
ITs something I never would watch on my own but I grow more intrigued everytime I hear about it. Its becoming harder and harder to not watch it.

One of the lesser evils of this movie is that the middle girl is smoking hot before the operation, and I desperately wanted to see her naked. Only when you do get to see her boobies, you're so disgusted and turned off by the whole thing that the boobies don't even register on your sexual radar. She's naked for 2/3rds of the movie and you could care less. This is evil.

ITs something I never would watch on my own but I grow more intrigued everytime I hear about it. Its becoming harder and harder to not watch it.
I heard the girl's crying in the final scene for at least 2 hours last night.

No shtick.

I thought watching some pron would help, but the evil of The Human Centipede actually ruined pron for me. All the scenes and bodies took on the hue of the horror. It was awful.

So I went back to Netflix and watched six episodes of The League. By the third episode the girl's cries had gone away and fortunately my dreams weren't nightmares. It was a close call though.

A big reason I am going to watch the series is that I am a huge Wil Wheaton fan, not from ST:TNG, but from everything he has done the last 10 years, basically his life after ST:TNG. But I know I'm missing out on a ton of inside jokes as he makes fun of himself from the show, so I feel like I need to watch this big piece of pop culture.
Check out 'Stand By Me' if you haven't yet...

I heard the girl's crying in the final scene for at least 2 hours last night.

No shtick.

I thought watching some pron would help, but the evil of The Human Centipede actually ruined pron for me. All the scenes and bodies took on the hue of the horror. It was awful.

So I went back to Netflix and watched six episodes of The League. By the third episode the girl's cries had gone away and fortunately my dreams weren't nightmares. It was a close call though.

Reading the ridiculous synopsis on wiki, I think I can resist this now. Would rather not have the nightmares.

I always support artistic freedom, and I'm against censorship.

But I can't imagine making a movie with the sole intention of inducing nausea.