What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (4 Viewers)

This doesn't really count as a show, but the best $5 I've spent this year is on EarthCamTV 2. It's available on Firestick/Amazon and an annual subscription to their webcam network is $5. The streaming channel allows you to choose the webcam you want to watch, or the main screen rotates through a variety of webcams changing every 5 minutes or so. I love having the channel on when I'm not really watching TV but in the area (e.g. on my laptop, cooking, reading, etc.). Underneath the video from the cams is some current popular music selections (but that's easy enough to mute if it isn't your thing).

Right now a cam of the Raiders Allegiant Stadium in Vegas is on. I'm watching the traffic on I-15 with Red Rock National Park off in the distance. Some of my favorites include a few different NYC cams, a Key West cam right outside Irish Kevin's and a Bourbon Street and Fremont Street cam that is fun to have on at night. It's also super peaceful when a number of beach/ocean cams cycle through the rotation. In some ways I view these as being a live and interactive screen saver for my TV that is way more interesting than having it turned off when I'm just hanging around. Absolutely loving this streaming channel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot believe how good this show is.  Simply amazing given I have no interest in chess.  Someone told me a week ago this show was about an orphaned girl that plays chess in the 60's and I said there was no way I could enjoy that but damn after 1 episode I was all in.  Best show of 2020 (excluding Tiger King of course)
:yes:

Phenomenal show.

I'm a few in. Still has silly moments and typically italian overwrought, but so far the best of the series.
I've got one episode to go. I thoroughly love the show. I know you didn't like it as much as me but I'm glad you watched. I don't think anyone else here mentioned trying it out. 

At least I seemed to get it right with Queen's Gambit in here.

I've got one episode to go. I thoroughly love the show. I know you didn't like it as much as me but I'm glad you watched. I don't think anyone else here mentioned trying it out. 

And fwiw, I don't think you're wrong with Suburra...it's fun and watchable. I think most people here would like it...a bit of a modern, italian peaky blinders.

I know this is netflix but the movie "Searching for Bobby Fisher" is really good.  Thought I'd mention with the reference to chess before.   Going to give Queens gambit a shot.  kinda jacked because I play some chess & marvel at those that play it fantastic.

Wife and I are sooooo late to the party, but Schitt's Creek is hilarious.  Kind of a Hate-Love vibe a la Veep or some of Arrested Development.  But so funny, 1 full season in.  On Netflix.  Watch it if you haven't, and giggle.
Add me to the late to the party group.  Enjoying it mostly.  Was never a fan of Chris Elliot but hes been bearable.  Eugene Levy is great.  The rest of the family teeters back and forth between loving and tolerating.  Big fan of Stevie.

I know this is netflix but the movie "Searching for Bobby Fisher" is really good.  Thought I'd mention with the reference to chess before.   Going to give Queens gambit a shot.  kinda jacked because I play some chess & marvel at those that play it fantastic.
5 episodes in.  Just a really good storyline(one seldom used) & great series.  

Watching the final season of the 100,  aka best show ever made (about post apocalyptic hot chicks who kick ###). Will have to rewatch a few episodes. Not sure the show runners properly communicated their time shift rules.  

One more vote for the Queens Gambit. Such a fantastic show from start to finish. 

I’m actually bummed that it’s over. 

Fargo - I'm about 5 episodes into this season 4 and I'm really enjoying it. Its hard to remember all of the seasons so I won't try, but I definitely like it better than the Ewan McGregor season.

One more vote for the Queens Gambit. Such a fantastic show from start to finish. 

I’m actually bummed that it’s over. 
I’m more bummed that there’s no “next” season to look forward to now. Really, really enjoyed it.

And fwiw, I don't think you're wrong with Suburra...it's fun and watchable. I think most people here would like it...a bit of a modern, italian peaky blinders.
Whatever episode I just hit...trying to take out Manfredi...sharks are jumping. So stupid.

Watching the final season of the 100,  aka best show ever made (about post apocalyptic hot chicks who kick ###). Will have to rewatch a few episodes. Not sure the show runners properly communicated their time shift rules.  
The bad guy just said "good morning" in Wonkru language, translation "Sunup-yo."  :lmao:

The bad guy just said "good morning" in Wonkru language, translation "Sunup-yo."  :lmao:
Floppinho was obsessed with the show. I kinda fell out after the prison-crew ....sorry.... "cru" materialized. I don't think he's even kept up though. But dammit, just hearing about it makes me want to go back in...like hearing about going to the gym or being a nice person.

(Eta...I recall calling it something like teen angst, lesbians and genocide. Hard to beat, really)

Floppinho was obsessed with the show. I kinda fell out after the prison-crew ....sorry.... "cru" materialized. I don't think he's even kept up though. But dammit, just hearing about it makes me want to go back in...like hearing about going to the gym or being a nice person.

(Eta...I recall calling it something like teen angst, lesbians and genocide. Hard to beat, really)
It’s beautiful garbage. Perfect for the commute. 

The new Snowden doc on Netflix is pretty good. Directed by Oliver Stone. Not sure how accurate it is, but it made him out to be a pretty likeable and respectable character.

12th Man - subtitled WW2 movie that was formulaic and predictable, but a true story.  4/5

Queen's Gambit - Big fan, I'm sure it's been written up here.  Award winning caliber.  5/5

Fargo - I'm about 5 episodes into this season 4 and I'm really enjoying it. Its hard to remember all of the seasons so I won't try, but I definitely like it better than the Ewan McGregor season.
Your talking this season with Chris Rock?  If so I'm with you.  Fine series.  It interferes with Sunday night football so I watch on computer on Monday.  Solid show!

Holy crap, Gangs of London is crazy good. Great fight scenes, very violent.  It’s on Amazon through AMC+ (we’re using the 7 day free trial to stream the first season). 

Can’t believe it was on AMC, it can be pretty gruesome. 

It’s that time of the year where I have to pay the penance for watching all these football games and I had to sit through a Christmas movie last night.

We watched Jingle Jangle and it was....good? Like, really good. I was shocked. Basically a Broadway musical if you’re into those. Got a little clunky at times but highly enjoyable for a Christmas movie. 

We're through 3 episodes of The Queen's Gambit and are enjoying it a lot. Even without a lot of action, it never seems slow and always leaves you wanting more. We actually almost watched 2 episodes in a row! lol We decided against it but it's rare that happens.

One more vote for The Queen's Gambit. Every character that had significant screentime was so very compelling.

Anya Taylor-Joy and Bill Camp (Mr. Scheibel) deserve every nomination they get for this one. Scheibel's character was unreal good - the reveal in Ep 7 (even if easy to see coming) hits like a ton of bricks.

Users who are viewing this thread