What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (7 Viewers)

I don't know if this show has been discussed but there's a series currently streaming on Prime called "Red Rock".

It's an Irish television production that originally aired as an Irish soap opera.

Season 1: 80 Episodes

Season 2: 80 Episodes

Season 3: 70 Episodes

Even though it was a soap in Ireland, it plays like an American (low budget) prime time police drama.  It took my wife and I about 6 episodes to get sucked into it, but then it became so addicting I almost cried when it was over.  Each episode is only 25 minutes long so just as you're getting sucked into it, the episode ends and you need to see what happens next and before you know it, you've spent 6 hours watching this program.

I can't say that it will be everyone's taste, but I loved it and would recommend.  Worth giving 5-10 episodes to see if it's worth watching more.

One +/- some of the thick Irish dialogue is tough to catch, but you'll also pick up a dozen or so new favorite catch phrases.
User name checks out. 

We started watching Dark tonight.

Is there a good recap website for episodes since I know it winds up getting very confusing.

Just started watching Manhunt Deadly Games about the Atlanta Olympic bombings.  Got hooked and watched 5 episodes in a row, pretty interesting so far.

prosopis said:
Any HBO max recommendations?

I finished Murder in Middle beach which I liked. 

Who do you think did it? The aunt seemed crazy. Isn't she the only one that saw a "masked man" at the house the day before?

I know this is old news and that there's a whole other thread just for the show, but finally got around to binging Cobra Kai and it is awesome.  Can't wait for season 3 in January!

Watching The Wilds. Didn't have strong feelings going into it, but this is more interesting than I expected. More like Lost than Lord of the Flies.

Americans was good but I never finished it, tapped out for the last few seasons

tried the expanse, just couldn’t get into it.  Didn’t help that my wife didn’t like it

We like what we like.   Just odd for me to see shows like Queen's Gambit, Mandalorian, and Cobra Kai touted around here, but people don't talk about or seem to get into those shows.  :shrug:

Finally gave Kingdom a go. Many thanks to those up thread who mentioned it. Took me a little over two episodes to get into it,then it got really good really fast. Just two episodes into season 2.

Please tell me we aren’t done with the epic hat reveals. Every time I think I’ve seen the best one it gets topped, so to speak.

:scared:  ok, I watched the Saved by the Bell reboot...... As I told my sister, not sure I can recommend it to anyone.  Did make me laugh at times, hit some nostalgia, made some good references to the originals (and one to Franklin and Bash :lmao: ).  Most of the acting was bad and at times tried to be too much like the original.  

Ok, back to finishing Schitt's Creek.....

I still love Tiffany Thiesen
No Mr Belding?

any opinions on HBO's "The Flight Attendant"?
Wife got me to watch it. Was surprised that I actually really liked it, interesting “thriller.” Best parts are how screwed up Kaley Cuoco’s character is and seeing her past that shaped her and these odd but they work “inside her own head” scenes. A lot of the posters in here will roll their eyes at some of the dumb choices her character makes (which do fit IMO because she’s an unbalanced alcoholic) and the plot conveniences. Not so spoiler examples here:

Her best friend is a high powered NY lawyer that is mobbed up getting Couco’s character out of some jams, and the friends boyfriend just so happens to be a “computer hacker” that obtains a few pieces of info in the mystery

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife got me to watch it. Was surprised that I actually really liked it, interesting “thriller.” Best parts are how screwed up Kaley Cuoco’s character is and seeing her past that shaped her and these odd but they work “inside her own head” scenes. A lot of the posters in here will roll their eyes at some of the dumb choices her character makes (which do fit IMO because she’s an unbalanced alcoholic) and the plot conveniences. Not so spoiler examples here:

Her best friend is a high powered NY lawyer that is mobbed up getting Couco’s character out of some jams, and the friends boyfriend just so happens to be a “computer hacker” that obtains a few pieces of info in the mystery
thanks! (...and thanks for the hidden spoiler ...I didn't click on it - I don't want to know before we watch)

thanks! (...and thanks for the hidden spoiler ...I didn't click on it - I don't want to know before we watch)
It’s not anything big, just some info on a few supporting characters. Once you are past the first 3 or 4 episodes you can click on it.

One thing I also enjoyed is the cast, a lot of “I’ve seen that person somewhere before” type moments but most of them play their characters really well even if it’s only a small bit part. You can also tell HBO threw a lot of money into the production value too.

I've evidently turned into my parents (or grandparents), and am hoping someone can help me out. I subscribe to HBO on my Roku. I couldn't understand why I couldn't find The Flight Attendant. Then I figured out that HBO Max is somehow different than HBO. And the show is only on HBO Max, not HBO. But I get spam all the time from HBO Max telling me about my service, so I don't know which I'm subscribed to. So then on my Roku, I search for the HBO Max channel since it must be different than the HBO channel I'm using. But there is no HBO Max channel on my Roku.

What in the @$#%^*(()))) is the deal here????

I've evidently turned into my parents (or grandparents), and am hoping someone can help me out. I subscribe to HBO on my Roku. I couldn't understand why I couldn't find The Flight Attendant. Then I figured out that HBO Max is somehow different than HBO. And the show is only on HBO Max, not HBO. But I get spam all the time from HBO Max telling me about my service, so I don't know which I'm subscribed to. So then on my Roku, I search for the HBO Max channel since it must be different than the HBO channel I'm using. But there is no HBO Max channel on my Roku.

What in the @$#%^*(()))) is the deal here????
Oh, my god. I just found this. So never ()*%@#(%$@#* mind.

"One of the biggest hurdles facing HBO Max is no longer a problem: the streaming service will finally be coming to Roku devices, starting December 17th."

"One of the biggest hurdles facing HBO Max is no longer a problem: the streaming service will finally be coming to Roku devices, starting December 17th."
Yeah, initially wasn’t on Firestick (been there a while now) either and I actually side loaded it which wasn’t too hard.

So now I need to figure out how to leverage my AT&T account discount to steam Max on my Roku. I need a teenager to help me out. 

So now I need to figure out how to leverage my AT&T account discount to steam Max on my Roku. I need a teenager to help me out.
That reminds me of something. Back in December 1999 I got my first computer. I had just turned 35. I had no idea about anything, or how to hook everything up. My 10 year old sister was visiting from out of state and she took care of everything, no trouble at all. Was on the internet that day.   :lmao:

Did anyone else watch Britannia on Epix?  I have a free trial period so am giving it a go, am now into season 2.  I can't decide whether its good or bad, but am probably along for the ride to the end either way.

Did anyone else watch Britannia on Epix?  I have a free trial period so am giving it a go, am now into season 2.  I can't decide whether its good or bad, but am probably along for the ride to the end either way.
I saw it....enjoyed it (of course). It's not great tv, but it's a decent enough and fun. Better than See. I feel like it ended needing resolution...not sure more seasons are coming or not.

I saw it....enjoyed it (of course). It's not great tv, but it's a decent enough and fun. Better than See. I feel like it ended needing resolution...not sure more seasons are coming or not.
It looks like season 3 is green lit and is filming.  I love Gareth from the Office as Veran and Harka.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1322495712928694273

I saw season 1 a few years ago on amazon prime and enjoyed it. Didn't know another season had been produced. I'll try to check it out - which service did you watch it on?

Users who are viewing this thread