Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)

37 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Started watching Yellowstone.....eh.  It's okay.  Will stick with it, but it's got a lot of silliness for me to overcome.

Thats what we say about your face!@#!@#!

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoever invented the skip intro button, we salute you

Wife and I just added HBO Max. Started watching this little known show, think it's called Game of Thrones or something. Guess it's based on a book. Almost through the first season, which has been grea

There was a marathon on one of the side channels for new year's of NewsRadio. Vastly under-appreciated comedy. If you've never seen it, seek it out. It deserves to be spoken of among the others you've

I've officially hit the point where I don't want to start any more new shows that aren't completed. Waiting for a new season is the worst, especially when there's 8 shows you're waiting for. Big fan of mini-series lately for this exact reason.  Gonna give Night Stalker a go starting tonight. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Capella said:

Same here. Struggling with the first few episodes of this and the new Cranston show. 

I do enjoy the scenery - well most of it.  And the blonde can be fun to watch when she is owning fools.  But there's quite a bit that makes me just roll my eyes.  

And while I think Casey's wife is incredibly attractive, she might be the worst actress I've seen on screen in a long long time.  My word....

41 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

I do enjoy the scenery - well most of it.  And the blonde can be fun to watch when she is owning fools.  But there's quite a bit that makes me just roll my eyes.  

And while I think Casey's wife is incredibly attractive, she might be the worst actress I've seen on screen in a long long time.  My word....

She's even worse in the latest season of Fargo.  It's tough to fathom.

Watched Alice in Borderland.  Enjoyed it more than I thought I would.  The dubbing wasn't too bad.  Good story and moved at a fast pace.

3 hours ago, facook said:

She's even worse in the latest season of Fargo.  It's tough to fathom.

Who are you talking about?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Started watching Yellowstone.....eh.  It's okay.  Will stick with it, but it's got a lot of silliness for me to overcome.

In

way over-rated - from the beginning

4 hours ago, General Malaise said:

The writers haven’t done her character any favors either. 

On 12/29/2020 at 2:16 PM, skillz said:

Watching “The Most Dangerous Animal of All” on Hulu.  It is a documentary on a guy who authored a book about how he went looking for his birth father and then believed he was actually the Zodiac Killer.  I’ve always been fascinated by the Zodiac case so it’s been an interesting watch so far.  

Monster: The Zodiac Killer podcast is pretty interesting if you wanted to hear more

Edited by mr. furley
3 hours ago, belljr said:

Casey wife is the escaped convict in fargo

Yea, she was weird in Fargo, but I figured she was playing a part.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, wlwiles said:

I've officially hit the point where I don't want to start any more new shows that aren't completed. Waiting for a new season is the worst, especially when there's 8 shows you're waiting for. Big fan of mini-series lately for this exact reason.  Gonna give Night Stalker a go starting tonight. 

I've been like this for ages.  Won't watch anything until it's done...unless it's "Better Call Saul."  I made an exception.

7 hours ago, krista4 said:
15 hours ago, wlwiles said:

I've been like this for ages.  Won't watch anything until it's done...unless it's "Better Call Saul."  I made an exception.

Any new streaming series that looks interesting I tend to wait for at least 2 seasons, sometimes 3 before starting them.

Series that, IMO, are worth watching even though they are not officially "over" yet are WentWorth, Ozark and The Last Kingdom :thumbup: 

Edited by snogger
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, shuke said:

Who are you talking about?

The actress who plays Casey's wife on Yellowstone and the Indian prison escapee in Fargo's latest season.

11 hours ago, shuke said:

Yea, she was weird in Fargo, but I figured she was playing a part.

I thought she was the worst actor in the show, including the kids.

Protocol question.  Should Netflix movies be discussed in this thread or the movie thread?

Wife and I watched The White Tiger on Netflix last night and it was entertaining.  It's no Slumdog Millionaire, but I thought it was pretty good overall.  My only complaint is that I didn't really get the narrating/emailing to the Chinese Premier piece.  They could have told the same story without that and it would have flowed much better IMO.

Wife and I just added HBO Max. Started watching this little known show, think it's called Game of Thrones or something. Guess it's based on a book. Almost through the first season, which has been great. Really like the Sean Bean character. Can't wait to see how his story unfolds over 8 seasons, which I'm sure just get better and better...

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 10
1 hour ago, facook said:

I thought she was the worst actor in the show, including the kids.

Oh I thought you were talking about the other convict.  I liked the Indian character.

I watched this series, Surviving Death on Netflix. It was ok I fast forwarded through a bunch of it. But the story about a kid that is believed to be the reincarnation of a pilot killed in WWII was really freaky. He just knew way too much about it. 

The show could have been better if they had more examples and didn't focus so much on particular stories, especially the séance stuff. Spent too much time on that.

Just got Hulu again.  Watched 11.22.63.  Thought it was good.  Worth watching for anyone who has ever had any interest in the JFK assassination.  Nothing great, though.

Wife and I started Handmaid's Tale.  We tried once before but only go through one episode.  I think at the time we weren't in the mood for something so bleak/brutal/depressing.

I've never seen Band of Brothers, so started that on HBO Max.  Halfway through episode one, I thought David Schwimmer was going to ruin the series for me, but the way his character played out, he was perfect for the role.  

Edited by shuke
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, shuke said:

Just got Hulu again.  Watched 11.22.63.  Thought it was good.  Worth watching for anyone who has ever had any interest in the JFK assassination.  Nothing great, though.

Wife and I started Handmaid's Tale.  We tried once before but only go through one episode.  I think at the time we weren't in the mood for something so bleak/brutal/depressing.

I've never seen Band of Brothers, so started that on HBO Max.  Halfway through episode one, I thought David Schwimmer was going to ruin the series for me, but the way his character played out, he was perfect for the role.  

We punted on Handmaid after season 2. My wife was crying almost every episode. Just didn’t see any redeeming value in keeping on with it. 

2 hours ago, shuke said:

Schwimmer isn’t in many episodes. You really get into the nitty gritty in episode 2. IIRC, originally the first 2 episodes were aired together when it first premiered. One of the best mini-series ever IMO.

Edited by Buckna
  • Like 1
22 hours ago, wlwiles said:

Starting to get that way too. Netflix and Amazon are really bad about cancelling stuff after only one or two seasons that I like. :sadbanana:

40 minutes ago, Buckna said:
23 hours ago, wlwiles said:

Starting to get that way too. Netflix and Amazon are really bad about cancelling stuff after only one or two seasons that I like. :sadbanana:

It can be catch-22 though.  If too many people take the approach of waiting to start it, and, as a result, not enough people watch it, then that guarantees that it won't be renewed for a subsequent season.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, shuke said:

IMO Band of Brothers is the best mini-series ever.

• Like 5
44 minutes ago, RC94 said:

IMO Band of Brothers is the best mini-series ever.

I tend to agree - I watch it at least once or twice a year.   I think I'm going to give "The Pacific" another watch, don't think I've watched it since it originally aired

8 hours ago, snogger said:

Any new streaming series that looks interesting I tend to wait for at least 2 seasons, sometimes 3 before starting them.

Series that, IMO, are worth watching even though they are not officially "over" yet are WentWorth, Ozark and The Last Kingdom :thumbup: 

Tell me about Wentworth.  I'd never heard of it until one coworker recommended it about 3 months ago, and I'd completely forgotten it until I saw your post.  The only review he really gave was "it's OITNB but in Australia and way better".   Accurate? 

2 hours ago, wlwiles said:

Tell me about Wentworth.  I'd never heard of it until one coworker recommended it about 3 months ago, and I'd completely forgotten it until I saw your post.  The only review he really gave was "it's OITNB but in Australia and way better".   Accurate? 

Much.. MUCH better storyline then OITNB..

In fact we gave up on Orange after season 2.. Wentworth has been great at :shock: most series wouldn't even think of in regards to character lifelines..

In short Wentworth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>OITNB 

6 hours ago, jamny said:

I watched this series, Surviving Death on Netflix. It was ok I fast forwarded through a bunch of it. But the story about a kid that is believed to be the reincarnation of a pilot killed in WWII was really freaky. He just knew way too much about it. 

The show could have been better if they had more examples and didn't focus so much on particular stories, especially the séance stuff. Spent too much time on that.

I would encourage people to watch this, especially the first and last episodes. I liked that it wasn’t tied to religion in any way. Agreed the physical medium stuff in episodes 2-3 was the worst part.

11 minutes ago, 3 hour lunch said:

I would encourage people to watch this, especially the first and last episodes. I liked that it wasn’t tied to religion in any way. Agreed the physical medium stuff in episodes 2-3 was the worst part.

I thought the reincarnation episode wasnt going to be good but it was really interesting. Still thinking about James 3 and all he was saying. The other kid was a bust when he went to visit the family members...lol

15 minutes ago, jamny said:

I thought the reincarnation episode wasnt going to be good but it was really interesting. Still thinking about James 3 and all he was saying. The other kid was a bust when he went to visit the family members...lol

Yeah that was too bad. He had forgotten most things by that age plus seemed nervous. Really makes you think/hope though.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, 3 hour lunch said:

Yeah that was too bad. He had forgotten most things by that age plus seemed nervous. Really makes you think/hope though.

They shouldn't have put him in that situation. It was clear he was losing the memories by then.

On 1/21/2021 at 7:33 PM, The Gator said:

Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman on SCI is pretty freaking great, 

Especially if you partake. 

Dude....check out “Off the air” on HBO Max.  It’s an Adult Swim show and I’m pretty sure it was created for such a purpose...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wife and I watched the 4-part Unorthodox on Netflix over the last two nights.  

Really enjoyed it, hope it was an accurate portrayal of Williamsburg but if it was then it's also really disturbing/sad.  

• Like 1
On 1/25/2021 at 6:33 AM, Scoresman said:

I can’t believe that scumbag journalist was just gonna report on the shoe print leak like that.  And Diane Feinstein oooofff. What a moronic thing to do. 

I thought the detective was just as bad, complaining about identifying the perp publicly without giving them a chance to bring him in.  Dude was in custody within 24 hours because civilians got the drop on him.  Even in hindsight, he wished they could potentially let more people fall victim just so they could be the heroes. 

3 hours ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Two thumbs sideways for Lupin.  Entertaining through the full 5 episode season, definitely worthwhile, but nothing particularly brilliant, no new ground broken in this classic heist story.

Your lupin or your life!

I've seen that one already.

2 hours ago, Mile High said:

Network show but can be streamed on Hulu. Big fan of "Big Sky".

:goodposting: We've been enjoying it as well.

Was slightly concerned with the mid-season finale that a new twist would show up but luckily they didn't go that way.  One thing that Really bugged me with this weeks episode was..

Just how bleeping long does it take to get the sketch artist to finish the sketch and release it?

Guy could have gotten to China on the slow boat with how long it is taking.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Buckna said:

Commercials made it look terrible, maybe I’ll give it a try though.

It's got what I like in shows like this good guy characters I like and bad guy characters I want to get what they deserve. 

• Thanks 1
On 1/27/2021 at 12:55 PM, CletiusMaximus said:

Two thumbs sideways for Lupin.  Entertaining through the full 5 episode season, definitely worthwhile, but nothing particularly brilliant, no new ground broken in this classic heist story.

It’s just a fun show to watch. Dig it

• Like 1

"Freaks and Geeks" on Hulu now.  Think I might start another rewatch tonight.  Now if someone would just pick up "Undeclared." It's on youtube, but I can't get it to chromecast in HD.  

• Like 4