Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoever invented the skip intro button, we salute you

Wife and I just added HBO Max. Started watching this little known show, think it's called Game of Thrones or something. Guess it's based on a book. Almost through the first season, which has been grea

There was a marathon on one of the side channels for new year's of NewsRadio. Vastly under-appreciated comedy. If you've never seen it, seek it out. It deserves to be spoken of among the others you've

This one was more background noise for me as my wife watched it while I read.... but Netflix's The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel is dull, excessively long, and exploitative about a young woman who committed suicide, but who is treated a bit like a MacGuffin for conspiracy theorists to put their :tinfoilhat:on.

Of course, it is the number one show on Netflix now (and my wife liked it), so what do I know? :shrug:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Don Quixote said:

This one was more background noise for me as my wife watched it while I read.... but Netflix's The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel is dull, excessively long, and exploitative about a young woman who committed suicide, but who is treated a bit like a MacGuffin for conspiracy theorists to put their :tinfoilhat:on.

Of course, it is the number one show on Netflix now (and my wife liked it), so what do I know? :shrug:

:goodposting:

4 hours ago, Don Quixote said:

Yeah, wasn't a fan.  Agree with the bolded for sure.   I thought it was obvious what happened from the start (without knowing anything about this story whatsoever).  The big "reveal" in the final episode was pretty obvious, IMO.  If anything, it was interesting that some real serial killers stayed there.

19 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Anybody?

What about I May Destroy You? Watched a couple eps of that and it mostly makes me feel old and annoyed, even though I like the acting and music. Young people behaving in self destructive ways...not sure if I'm supposed to be laughing at this, ala Fleabag, or feeling bad for them (I don't). It's kind of in-between, and as a result doesn't really work for me.

My wife and I finished watching The Third Day, but only because it was only 6 episodes. Good, not great. In hindsight there is too much other great TV to watch to justify spending even 6 hours on this.

We felt the same way as you about "I May Destroy You". Not a comedy and it is difficult to feel bad for the characters. IMO we are probably the wrong demographic for this series. Due to the lingo/slang they use there was some "What did they just say?" between my wife and I even with close captioning on.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Don Quixote said:

agree.  if it wasn’t at that hotel, it wouldn’t be much of a story.  2 episodes worth of stuff stretched into 4.

Edited by joffer
5 hours ago, northern exposure said:

My wife and I finished watching The Third Day, but only because it was only 6 episodes. Good, not great. In hindsight there is too much other great TV to watch to justify spending even 6 hours on this.

We felt the same way as you about "I May Destroy You". Not a comedy and it is difficult to feel bad for the characters. IMO we are probably the wrong demographic for this series. Due to the lingo/slang they use there was some "What did they just say?" between my wife and I even with close captioning on.

We've jumped to The Outsider, w Jason Bateman...stephen king. Feeling very stephen king, but so far in a good trying to keep up connecting the dots way after 2 eps. 

Although I had problems with the ending in the compound(no reason for what she did), I still thought episode two of Clarice was really good and like it so far. :thumbup:

Edited by snogger
On 2/19/2021 at 11:59 AM, Don Quixote said:

Yeah...Morbid was the only redeeming part of the story. The story was either the history of the hotel or the way internet sleuths ruin lives but not both. It was a mess. 

On 2/19/2021 at 6:52 AM, DaVinci said:

Tried The Crew on Netflix, a Kevin James sitcom about a NASCAR team. Not funny at all. :thumbdown:

How many episodes did you watch? I thought it was pretty funny myself. I think this is a case where if you like Kevin James, it’s the normal schtick. If you don’t like him, this will not change your mind.

7 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:
On 2/19/2021 at 7:52 AM, DaVinci said:

Tried The Crew on Netflix, a Kevin James sitcom about a NASCAR team. Not funny at all. :thumbdown:

How many episodes did you watch? I thought it was pretty funny myself. I think this is a case where if you like Kevin James, it’s the normal schtick. If you don’t like him, this will not change your mind.

I only watched the first one. Wasn't a fan of Kevin James in the first place, but the show was just bad all around.

49 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

I didn’t mind it at all, enjoyed watching a light hearted comedy. They seem more rare these days. I’d definitely watch another season. I would put it in the same category as Ted Lasso, a nice break from the reality of 2020 and now 2021. Ted Lasso is definitely better, but this was still enjoyable and had some pretty funny moments.

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Cjw_55106 said:

I though I liked Kevin James because I really enjoyed King of Queens, but I think I just liked Leah Remini more than I already realized. I will give The Crew a shot however. 

3 hours ago, Payne said:

I though I liked Kevin James because I really enjoyed King of Queens, but I think I just liked Leah Remini more than I already realized. I will give The Crew a shot however. 

WHOA.  You've really got me thinking that I'm a Remini fan myself...because I loved KoQ, but all his movies (Paul Blart, Zookeeper, the cage fighter one) just fell really flat for me.  Grownups was hilarious but I think it was a case where everyone in that cast is so funny that he's elevated with them.  Now I gotta give The Crew a shot dangit...  

The Crew was meh - not as bad as everyone is saying but its not great.  I watched the first season - it had some laughs.

I think the sitcom = laugh track threw me off on a netflix show

Finished watching 2 seasons of Trapped via Netflix. It's an Icelandic show, crime procedural type thing. Pretty good, season 1 is better than season 2. Random aside: It's great to see people who look a bit more like average people and not typical U.S./British t.v./movie stars in a show.

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

Finished watching 2 seasons of Trapped via Netflix. It's an Icelandic show, crime procedural type thing. Pretty good, season 1 is better than season 2. Random aside: It's great to see people who look a bit more like average people and not typical U.S./British t.v./movie stars in a show.

We saw that back when it first dropped. It's no Fortitude, but still decent. And agree about the aside.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Payne said:

NTTAWWT

• Like 1
4 hours ago, belljr said:

The Crew was meh - not as bad as everyone is saying but its not great.  I watched the first season - it had some laughs.

Agree on the laugh track, just a :loco: add..

Watched the first two episodes.. Not bad, not great but good enough that I'll watch the rest.

13 hours ago, Payne said:

James was funny in King of Queens because he hadn't gotten so over the top yet with his shtick.  But yes, Remini was the real reason to watch the show.

Started Halt and Catch Fire tonight.  I liked the first episode, but can't say yet if I liked it enough to invest 40 hours in the show.

Although it is a Reboot, and not quite as good as the original, so far we are enjoying the new "Equalizer" on CBS.. :thumbup: 

12 hours ago, shuke said:

Started Halt and Catch Fire tonight.  I liked the first episode, but can't say yet if I liked it enough to invest 40 hours in the show.

It's worth it. The whole thing- writing, acting, scope- grows quickly as it progresses. Very worth the watch, and iirc, informative from a quasi historical perspective.

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, jobarules said:

Started watching Titans on HBO Max. DC Universe show about Teen Titans characters 

Not terrible 

If you are enjoying season 1, stick with it cause 2 is way better.  

the guy that plays Hawk is star material.  He’s the new jack reacher and will probably crush it in that show

• Like 1

I just watched the first season of Flack on Prime.   Anna Paquin and Lydia Wilson are fantastically aweful people but you love them anyway.  I enjoyed it, several laughs.  Only 6 eps so a quick binge.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

If you are enjoying season 1, stick with it cause 2 is way better.  

the guy that plays Hawk is star material.  He’s the new jack reacher and will probably crush it in that show

Thanks because the last few episodes of season 1 were hot garbage

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, jobarules said:

Thanks because the last few episodes of season 1 were hot garbage

It takes time to heat up.  Season 2 is MUCH better.

• Thanks 1

Kim's Convenience - 5th season

The fifth season is currently airing on CBC, but that's not much help for non-Canadians who depend on Netflix to stream the series. Thankfully, Netflix has been very quick to put up new seasons of Kim's Convenience shortly after they finish airing on CBC, and since Season 5 is already about halfway through airing, fans can expect it to begin streaming pretty soon. Season 5 premiered on Jan. 19, and since the sitcom is expected to run for its full 13 episodes without a hiatus, the season finale will likely air on Tuesday, April 13. In the past, Netflix has put up full Kim's Convenience season the day after CBC aired their finales, so the best bet for Season 5's Netflix arrival is Wednesday, April 14.

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/when-will-kims-convenience-season-5-be-on-netflix-heres-what-to-expect-63556878

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, yak651 said:

Started watching Dirty John. Starts a little slow but getting interesting 

Stayed up past our bedtime last night to finish it.  Bonus the chick from Ozark is in it, for some reason I find her whiny voice (and the rest of her) cute, so it was bonus for me anyhow...

17 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Kim's Convenience - 5th season

The fifth season is currently airing on CBC, but that's not much help for non-Canadians who depend on Netflix to stream the series. Thankfully, Netflix has been very quick to put up new seasons of Kim's Convenience shortly after they finish airing on CBC, and since Season 5 is already about halfway through airing, fans can expect it to begin streaming pretty soon. Season 5 premiered on Jan. 19, and since the sitcom is expected to run for its full 13 episodes without a hiatus, the season finale will likely air on Tuesday, April 13. In the past, Netflix has put up full Kim's Convenience season the day after CBC aired their finales, so the best bet for Season 5's Netflix arrival is Wednesday, April 14.

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/when-will-kims-convenience-season-5-be-on-netflix-heres-what-to-expect-63556878

Enjoyed the first four of this series. Didn't know S5 was out, thanks. 

On 2/22/2021 at 1:24 PM, belljr said:

Yeah, while I enjoyed a light hearted show and it wasn’t on Ted Lasso’s level, it didn’t feel like a Netflix show at all. Probably took all of 2 weeks to shoot and edit the show. I mean, it literally took place in the office/garage and the bar 95% of the time. I enjoyed it because it was just trying to be fun, but it did feel weird when it started like it should have been a CBS show.