Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)


KCC

Recommended Posts

Kim's Convenience - 5th season

The fifth season is currently airing on CBC, but that's not much help for non-Canadians who depend on Netflix to stream the series. Thankfully, Netflix has been very quick to put up new seasons of Kim's Convenience shortly after they finish airing on CBC, and since Season 5 is already about halfway through airing, fans can expect it to begin streaming pretty soon. Season 5 premiered on Jan. 19, and since the sitcom is expected to run for its full 13 episodes without a hiatus, the season finale will likely air on Tuesday, April 13. In the past, Netflix has put up full Kim's Convenience season the day after CBC aired their finales, so the best bet for Season 5's Netflix arrival is Wednesday, April 14.

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/when-will-kims-convenience-season-5-be-on-netflix-heres-what-to-expect-63556878

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, yak651 said:

Started watching Dirty John. Starts a little slow but getting interesting 

Stayed up past our bedtime last night to finish it.  Bonus the chick from Ozark is in it, for some reason I find her whiny voice (and the rest of her) cute, so it was bonus for me anyhow...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Kim's Convenience - 5th season

The fifth season is currently airing on CBC, but that's not much help for non-Canadians who depend on Netflix to stream the series. Thankfully, Netflix has been very quick to put up new seasons of Kim's Convenience shortly after they finish airing on CBC, and since Season 5 is already about halfway through airing, fans can expect it to begin streaming pretty soon. Season 5 premiered on Jan. 19, and since the sitcom is expected to run for its full 13 episodes without a hiatus, the season finale will likely air on Tuesday, April 13. In the past, Netflix has put up full Kim's Convenience season the day after CBC aired their finales, so the best bet for Season 5's Netflix arrival is Wednesday, April 14.

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/when-will-kims-convenience-season-5-be-on-netflix-heres-what-to-expect-63556878

Enjoyed the first four of this series. Didn't know S5 was out, thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/22/2021 at 1:24 PM, belljr said:

The Crew was meh - not as bad as everyone is saying but its not great.  I watched the first season - it had some laughs.

I think the sitcom = laugh track threw me off on a netflix show

Yeah, while I enjoyed a light hearted show and it wasn’t on Ted Lasso’s level, it didn’t feel like a Netflix show at all. Probably took all of 2 weeks to shoot and edit the show. I mean, it literally took place in the office/garage and the bar 95% of the time. I enjoyed it because it was just trying to be fun, but it did feel weird when it started like it should have been a CBS show.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, jamny said:

I made it about 15 minutes into The Crew before stopping. I like Kevin James well enough but didn't get a single laugh through half an episode. Need at least a good chuckle in that time.

No big laughs..  but did chuckle at his ineptness using the phone... 
"Dang, took a selfie.. is this the right camera.. nope, I just turned on all my lights at home" .. :lol: 

Edited by snogger
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/23/2020 at 6:42 PM, Raging weasel said:

Watched 3 episodes of Titans on HBO max- not feeling it so far but will give another episode or 2.

Started watching Bloodline with my wife- 4 episodes in and we're on the hook

Just finished both seasons of Titans.  Not great, but kept my interest

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/22/2021 at 6:20 PM, steelerfan1 said:

Started watching “tell me your secrets” on prime. Kind of liking it so far.

About 6 episodes in.  hard to describe but i've gotten goosebumps and hair standing up on back of the neck feelings with the underlying theme of evil that this one has.    

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/14/2021 at 8:08 AM, Cheese and Crackers said:

Couple things on Hulu I don't think have been mentioned yet:

"Staged" , 6 episode BBC show, essentially made via Zoom calls. The back and forth between David Tennant and Michael Sheen is quite funny.

"In and of Itself", hard to describe. A 90 minute show filmed in a small NYC theater, a one-man monologue with elements of magic.

I can't say enough how unexpectedly moving this was. My wife suggested it, and the rest of us (me and my 10th-grade daughter and sixth-grade son) were like "uh sure I guess," but it was really, really well done. One of the best things we've watched in months. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. Crazy good movie. Emphasis on the crazy word. 

Sam Rockwell is really great in this. George Cooney however, cannot act

Definitely a story that I'd love to able to see proven as true. Even partially. Given Hollywood's tendency to maybe not a good story get in the way of the truth, Harris' rather unique personality and that he never really confirmed or denied before he died, I guess we'll never know. 

 

ETA: Wrong thread, sorry. Meant to put this in the movie thread not here. Really good movie, although if you don't remember any of the shows (especially the Gong Show and it's quirky host) it may not resonate

Edited by simsarge
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/25/2021 at 6:31 PM, phandango said:

I can't say enough how unexpectedly moving this was. My wife suggested it, and the rest of us (me and my 10th-grade daughter and sixth-grade son) were like "uh sure I guess," but it was really, really well done. One of the best things we've watched in months. 

One of my best friends sent me a text a couple weeks ago essentially saying, "drop everything and watch this."  I dropped Hulu a year ago and am settled in on a different provider, so might have to do a week trial or maybe sign up for a month. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, steelerfan1 said:
On 2/20/2021 at 10:10 PM, CletiusMaximus said:

I Care A Lot on Netflix.

Two thumbs up for some good fun, good acting, script-flipping drama.  

Man the premise of this movie had me so aggravated...

Sadly, it is not too far-fetched.  While clearly fictional from top to bottom, the premise is very real.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/20/2021 at 8:10 PM, CletiusMaximus said:

I Care A Lot on Netflix.

Two thumbs up for some good fun, good acting, script-flipping drama.  

I would have never watched this if my wife hadn’t selected it, but I’m glad I did. Good stuff. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, steelerfan1 said:

Man the premise of this movie had me so aggravated...

10 minutes in i almost had my wife turn if off. i was legitimately pissed.

good flick, though. 

 

Peter Dinklage was awesome

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just binged "Behind her Eyes" on Netflix over the weekend. It's interesting but I wouldn't recommend rushing to watch it. I'm glad they limited it to six episodes. 3.5/5. 

This isn't really a spoiler and is a mere description of what to expect, but even that is a bit spoilerish so...

[spoiler] The show has a sort of Gone Girl, You, The OA vibe to it. There's a pretty big twist at the end, although I'll say 1) I saw it coming; and 2) I think it actually hurt the storyline rather than helped. In other words, I don't think the story "earned" the payoff/twist. Lastly, the show will hit on a touch of fantasy/supernatural which, again, isn't really something that the show earns as it isn't really explained. So, yeah, good/interesting thriller with a twist that may or may not leave you feeling unsatisfied or cheated at the end. [/spoiler]

Edited by Zow
Uh how do the spoiler tags work now? Did I screw that up?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/27/2021 at 8:39 AM, CletiusMaximus said:

One of my best friends sent me a text a couple weeks ago essentially saying, "drop everything and watch this."  I dropped Hulu a year ago and am settled in on a different provider, so might have to do a week trial or maybe sign up for a month. 

Which show is this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Binky The Doormat said:

we are way late to the party on "American Vandal" but loving it ...pretty damn hilarious.

The penis drawing one is hilarious! I started watching Season 2 but didn't get too far. I should give it another shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, jamny said:

The penis drawing one is hilarious! I started watching Season 2 but didn't get too far. I should give it another shot.

Didn't know there was a season 2. I also really liked season 1. I'll have to check it out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Zow said:

Didn't know there was a season 2. I also really liked season 1. I'll have to check it out. 

Someone spiked the school lunch and there was exploding diarrhea everywhere. :lmao:

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zow said:
On 2/27/2021 at 9:39 AM, CletiusMaximus said:

One of my best friends sent me a text a couple weeks ago essentially saying, "drop everything and watch this."  I dropped Hulu a year ago and am settled in on a different provider, so might have to do a week trial or maybe sign up for a month. 

Which show is this?

In and of Itself on Hulu.  I haven't seen it yet.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CletiusMaximus said:

In and of Itself on Hulu.  I haven't seen it yet.

 

 

Just watched it. It's pretty good. I can see how some love it. It's certainly worth a watch and it's hard to describe. That said, I wouldn't call it the most amazing thing out there like some have.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/25/2021 at 4:23 PM, kodycutter said:

About 6 episodes in.  hard to describe but i've gotten goosebumps and hair standing up on back of the neck feelings with the underlying theme of evil that this one has.    

Binged a few last night and also about 6 in.

One of the better new shows imo.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/19/2021 at 9:59 AM, Don Quixote said:

This one was more background noise for me as my wife watched it while I read.... but Netflix's The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel is dull, excessively long, and exploitative about a young woman who committed suicide, but who is treated a bit like a MacGuffin for conspiracy theorists to put their :tinfoilhat:on.

Of course, it is the number one show on Netflix now (and my wife liked it), so what do I know? :shrug:

Yeah, but the fact that it's the real horror hotel from AHS and other movies made it interesting to learn it's history.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Yeah, but the fact that it's the real horror hotel from AHS and other movies made it interesting to learn it's history.

I also enjoyed the part about Skid Row and learning its history, too. 

But I agree with @Don Quixote who said it was both long and kind of dull. My wife and I had the same take and were pretty disappointed in the lack of any real payoff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...