What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (13 Viewers)

zoonation said:
Well that’s an understatement.  It is fantastic. 
I really wanted to like the show I love Eugene Levy I love Catherine O'Hara I just couldn't get into it after the first season 

Maybe I need to revisit it

Last edited by a moderator:
6/8 episodes into Sex Education and liking it a lot!

Also, anyone watch 30 Coins on HBO? Had to bail like 10 minutes in because my wife doesnt do subtitles but it looked interesting to me.

2 hours ago, CletiusMaximus said:
Unable to find the separate thread for it, so will post this here -

Amazon Prime's Lord of the Rings series issued a synopsis last month, confirming some rumors and adding some detail.

https://twitter.com/theoneringnet/status/1349403885836791808/photo/1

The first season is reportedly still on track to release this year.
Expand  
Probably in.. I like how they are not "rebooting" the movies... Going back in the Time machine to setup the Original Book/Movies. :popcorn:  

Its far from a re-boot, and still grounded in Tolkien's text.  They've already greenlit 2 seasons and are reportedly committed to 5.  Amazon is spending a billion dollars on this. It will either be the second coming of GOT or the most colossal failure in television history.

For those who like Warrior, Banshee is now available on HBO Max. I think its some of the same people that did Warrior. And its dope as ####.
Banshee is great stupid fun. Some nice looking women too. Lili Simmons  :wub:  

I'm sure most know by now that the lead in it is Homelander from The Boys. 

For those who like Warrior, Banshee is now available on HBO Max. I think its some of the same people that did Warrior. And its dope as ####.
I actually watched Banshee and Strike Back at the beginning and enjoyed them - we then lost cinemax on our tier so I never finished and why I didnt see warrior.   They are both going to be on my list to go back too

Athough strike back lost me around season 3 or 4

I actually watched Banshee and Strike Back at the beginning and enjoyed them - we then lost cinemax on our tier so I never finished and why I didnt see warrior.   They are both going to be on my list to go back too

Athough strike back lost me around season 3 or 4

I liked the Strike Back quite a bit with ... those two dudes (Stonebreaker or something?). 

They did a reboot like a year or two ago. I didn't care for that one.

Anyone else have CBS All Access/Paramount+?

If so, did you find any new/enhanced content on there today with the rebrand/relaunch?  Other than the new name and logo, it looked exactly the same as yesterday to me. 

With all the Super Bowl hype, I was hoping for more than just a name change.  Seems like launch day would have been a nice time to start rolling out some new content.

The Repair Shop is pretty enjoyable

quick little 5 episode "restoration of antiques goods" show 
Agreed. Watching these artisans work is incredible.

It’s so different watching British reality shows and American reality shows. Repair Shop just focuses on the pieces and the craftsmanship. If this were an American show, they’d create fake drama about whether things could actually be repaired or not and when people saw their fixed stuff they’d be in hysterics. As opposed to this show where people see their 200 year old family heirloom miraculously fixed and are just like “oh, that’s lovely. Well done.”

It’s so different watching British reality shows and American reality shows. Repair Shop just focuses on the pieces and the craftsmanship. If this were an American show, they’d create fake drama about whether things could actually be repaired or not and when people saw their fixed stuff they’d be in hysterics. As opposed to this show where people see their 200 year old family heirloom miraculously fixed and are just like “oh, that’s lovely. Well done.”
:goodposting:

we watch the Great British Baking Show. it's fantastic. 

then my kids and wife love Chopped and a few other American cooking shows that are just terrible. faux drama. unnecessary faked trash talk. overly dramatic judges. 

i'm all the way out on American reality tv shows that aren't Survivor

Watching a fairly diverse set of shows that might have already been covered:

Kim's Convenience - Canadian comedy about Korean family, who happen to run a convenience store. - Light-hearted mindless humor

Collateral - oldish (2018?) modern-day British police/MI5 drama.  I'm a sucker for British police dramas.  1 season, 4 episodes.

Age of Samurai - Battle for Japan - historical reenactments of 16th century Japan, interspersed with interviews with historians.  I wish I knew more asian history, so this is more of an educational than entertainment show.

Yep.

Watched the Great British Bake-off one. We were enjoying it, very relaxing They get to the end of season 1 and I realized I had no idea what the prize even was, it was like a fancy plate or something :lol:

Coming 2 America

:lmao: :lmao:   :lmao:

The original is easily in my top 5 favorite comedies....maybe #1. 

I was worried it was going to be awful, as Murphy really hasn't been funny in quite some time. Plus, I can't stand Leslie Jones and I feel like Tracy Morgan is just too much to take some times.

But I really liked it. Its not laugh out loud funny all the way through, but I thought it was well done and there were definitely some laughs.  They brought back nearly everyone who is alive (looks like the woman who played the queen died back in 95) and there were some good cameos as well.

Obviously nothing revolutionary with the plot, but definitely some laughs and I think it did the original justice.

edit: Not surprisingly, the reviews are pretty awful and everyone is harping on the stereotypes and lack of social awareness. It must be real hard to be someone who can't laugh at anything.

I was worried it was going to be awful, as Murphy really hasn't been funny in quite some time. Plus, I can't stand Leslie Jones and I feel like Tracy Morgan is just too much to take some times.

But I really liked it. Its not laugh out loud funny all the way through, but I thought it was well done and there were definitely some laughs.  They brought back literally everyone who is alive (looks like the woman who played the queen died back in 95) and there were some good cameos as well.

Obviously nothing revolutionary with the plot, but definitely some laughs and I think it did the original justice.
Agreed 100%

Pretty meh on Coming to America 2. It had its moments but I probably wont ever watch it again. Worth checking out though.

facook said:
Really liked Perry Mason.  I'm a Rhys mark, hope they do a second season.

JoeSteeler said:
It has been renewed for a second season...no details yet
please explain.  Format like old Perry Mason only new actors?  Wife & I still watch the old black & white & still like it a lot.

please explain.  Format like old Perry Mason only new actors?  Wife & I still watch the old black & white & still like it a lot.
More long form...1 case for the whole season.  Plus Perry is very conflicted, in pain and recovering from serving in WW1.  Plus Della is a complete smart A, not just charmingly sarcastic.  And a lesbian. It's definitely Mason for the 2020s.

But I really liked it. Its not laugh out loud funny all the way through, but I thought it was well done and there were definitely some laughs.  They brought back nearly everyone who is alive (looks like the woman who played the queen died back in 95) and there were some good cameos as well.

edit: Not surprisingly, the reviews are pretty awful and everyone is harping on the stereotypes and lack of social awareness. It must be real hard to be someone who can't laugh at anything.
The funeral scene had me laughing. The Morgan Freeman voiceover that wasn’t a voiceover broke me.

We're almost done watching Lost with the kids.

Been a great ride, even through the wtf last season. Kids' minds are blown just about every episode...and with my memory the way it is, almost like a new show for me too. Not sure how to follow it up.
We did this too. So fun to experience it again with the kids. What a monster show that was back in the day. My youngest loved it. 

It was fun and the nostalgia held it together but as a movie it was really not good. But I also am not a Tracy Morgan or Leslie Jones fan.  She comes across as the female Morgan (or vice versa?). 

But as a big fan of the original i think it was fun and worth seeing.  Love that Trading Places remains part of the shared universe.

Glad to see everyone return and some of the call backs helped.  Sad one big cameo didn't happen, but he's probably too mf-ing big for this movie now.

El Floppo said:
We're almost done watching Lost with the kids.

Been a great ride, even through the wtf last season. Kids' minds are blown just about every episode...and with my memory the way it is, almost like a new show for me too. Not sure how to follow it up.

ericttspikes said:
We did this too. So fun to experience it again with the kids. What a monster show that was back in the day. My youngest loved it. 
How old are your kids? I am trying to talk the family into doing this and have been shot down thus far.  

How old are your kids? I am trying to talk the family into doing this and have been shot down thus far.  
9 and 13.

9 just on the edge of too young, although she's loved it. 13 right in the sweet spot. Both minds blown with every episode.

Eta...try it- if they can't get into the first episode, don't bother going on.

Users who are viewing this thread