Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)

KCC

41 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but what are the best tv streaming options right now? Probably need something where I still can get network tv for the wife. Even better if it includes all the cable channels with the real life murdery shows my wife watches way too much of. Is there a bundle that includes Hulu+ and Disney+?

I’m not even sure what the other options even are now. YoutubeTV? 

My Comcast Bill just went up $40 and I’m tired of playing their games.

Hulu Live - My wife sounds like yours, tons of Dateline and 20/20 so she for sure knows how to get rid of the body. Will have local networks plus many of the cable networks. Have had it for about 2 years now and very happy with it.

Just do the Hulu Live bundled with Disney+ and ESPN+, it's generally their best deal.

Just started South Park. I had seen bits and pieces in the past but that's it. Watched the last two episodes and then started season one, a few episodes in.

4 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but what are the best tv streaming options right now? Probably need something where I still can get network tv for the wife. Even better if it includes all the cable channels with the real life murdery shows my wife watches way too much of. Is there a bundle that includes Hulu+ and Disney+?

We just dropped dish. We tried Hulu live with Disney plus and espn plus but switched out for YouTube tv. The wife liked it better and it has 20 more channels than Hulu live including nfl network. They also offering it for 10 off for 3 months. So far we don’t feel like we are missing anything.

1 hour ago, Capella said:

Wasted 90 minutes watching the last blockbuster. Don’t even know why this was made. 

This is unfortunate to hear.  Thanks for the heads up.

40 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I don't want to go in the Marvel thread, but I watched the first few episodes of Wandavision last night.  It's, um, interesting...

The payoff is absolutely worth it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, On The Rocks said:

I hope you like it.  It just didn't work for me.

I'm not that into it tbh...was hoping for a better payoff than it sounds like you found.

2 hours ago, El Floppo said:

I'm not that into it tbh...was hoping for a better payoff than it sounds like you found.

guy here gave a review of "Goon 2".  Your response still get's me laughing.  Something along the lines of---------------I can see how there was unresolved issues in Goon 1, thus the need for Goon 2.

I'm LOL just typing this.

Thanx! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, El Floppo said:

I thought it was ok.  More of a setting up for Season 2 with a twist at the end.  Pretty good for limited series options during the pandemic.  

• Thinking 1

20 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

I'm going through a few options for when I drop Directv. I really liked youtubeTV I had a 2 week free trial but sometimes it's only 2 days. I read somewhere they bump it up to 2 weeks at the beginning of the month. It had all the locals and a good selection of channels, missing only History and the Weather channel. I liked the layout and functionality of it and it has unlimited DVR space.

I'm doing fuboTV right now and it's ok but geared more to sports, especially soccer. I rarely watch more than my favorite teams. Gonna try huluTV next but it'll have a hard time beating youtubeTV. Can't help with Disney+

On 3/6/2021 at 12:17 PM, ericttspikes said:

I really enjoyed “Murder Among the Mormons” on Netflix. Crazy crime doc. Fascinated by the whole thing.

I enjoyed it too. But I felt that the reveal of who the murder was was too quick. I get that the FBI was lazy in examining the documents, but they also sent the Oath document to California to date the ink and paper by shooting protons at it, and it was authenticated there too? A Utah investigator did a better job at examining the documents than scientists.

4 hours ago, Nick Vermeil said:

Watchmen continues to be amazing. I canceled HBO after game of thrones so I have some catching up to do. Any recommendations or avoids? How is Lovecraft Country?

Succession
Curb
Leftovers
The Wire
Band of Brothers
Sharp Objects
The Deuce

I was kind of meh on Lovecraft.  Seemed like it peaked first episode.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, shuke said:

Succession
Curb
Leftovers
The Wire
Band of Brothers
Sharp Objects
The Deuce

Great list here that should keep someone busy for a bit.  

Avoids, IMO would be The Outsider and True Blood.  

1 hour ago, shuke said:

Succession
Curb
Leftovers
The Wire
Band of Brothers
Sharp Objects
The Deuce

Succession and Sharp Objects are the ones I’ve missed. Will spool them up. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nick Vermeil said:

Succession and Sharp Objects are the ones I’ve missed. Will spool them up. 

LoL...those were the two I couldn't get into at all. Oh look...rich people. Oh look, drunk Faulkner woman. 

Last Chance U: Basketball. (Netflix)

I liked it. At least I liked it more than any of the football seasons. A little easier to follow with fewer kids on a single team.  The episode with the coaches taking the kids to the cabin for an overnight field trip was really interesting to me. Taking the fellas out of their element to bond was cool. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, shuke said:

Succession
Curb
Leftovers
The Wire
Band of Brothers
Sharp Objects
The Deuce

Lovecraft in the end was awful. I agree completely, started strong and fell completely apart. I would have 0 interest in watching a season 2 and TBH, it very well might not ever happen.

Plebs on Amazon. Low rent friends living their lives in Ancient Rome. Makes me laugh. Looks like 5 seasons.

Hyperdrive on Amazon. Nick Frost captains a spaceship. A parody of Star Trek. It is entertaining but stupid.

Zapped on HBOmax. Guy from England gets zapped into a medieval fantasy world of magic, faeries, and dive bars. Low budget but I found it entertaining.

Banshee on HBOmax. Ex con assumes the identity of a sheriff in a small town. This show is fun but crazy levels of stupid. I think I really like it. 

Family Ties on Paramount+. Some nostalgia watching when the kids are in the room. I still like it. I think I still love Meredith Baxter.

Twilight Zone on Paramount+. Watched both the new and the classic. I like both. The new one is pretty good.

The Curse of Oak Island on History. I have a degree in archeology and don’t give a #### that they are throwing money at this like it is the hot stripper after your scratch-off hits. The stuff that they are finding is fascinating and could ultimately change our knowledge of the history of north eastern North America. I could use less of the narrator. That #### gets old.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, parrot said:

BearTown finished on HBO last night so now it can be binged.  Highly recommend, even with the subtitles.

Thanks for the reminder - need to watch last episode

• Like 1

1 hour ago, parrot said:

BearTown finished on HBO last night so all 5 episodes can now be binged.  Highly recommend, even with the subtitles.

This has been a rough watch for me due to content. I guess I'll see out the last episode...thanks for the heads-up.

17 hours ago, Cold Dead Hands said:

Zapped on HBOmax. Guy from England gets zapped into a medieval fantasy world of magic, faeries, and dive bars. Low budget but I found it entertaining.

Sorry, but, to me, "Zapped" will forever be the early-'80s "comedy" starring Scott Baio and Willie Aames, about a high school kid who gains telekinetic powers and (according to my childhood memory) uses them to make girls' clothes fly off. The tiny video-rental store downtown had it and I conned my mom into renting it. She wasn't too happy with the gratuitous nudity. So many boobs ...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

51 minutes ago, phandango said:

Sorry, but, to me, "Zapped" will forever be the early-'80s "comedy" starring Scott Baio and Willie Aames, about a high school kid who gains telekinetic powers and (according to my childhood memory) uses them to make girls' clothes fly off. The tiny video-rental store downtown had it and I conned my mom into renting it. She wasn't too happy with the gratuitous nudity. So many boobs ...

How did I miss this gem, and WTF is it not streaming anywhere??

3 hours ago, phandango said:

While not as famous as Locklear, Thomas had the better rack of the Heathers. She was probably the only reason anyone watched the Fall Guy starring Lee Majors.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dhockster said:

While not as famous as Locklear, Thomas had the better rack of the Heathers. She was probably the only reason anyone watched the Fall Guy starring Lee Majors.

True story - they put up in the credits it was a body double lol i forget - either she didnt want one and they used one without her knowledge or something so she demanded people know it wasnt her

4 hours ago, phandango said:

so its funny you mention it.... last week this movie just popped into my brain - i think i was watching meatballs and decide i havent seen zapped in a while.

Look on my x1 catalog - omg - they have it.  Has the right logo and description - its playing on PlutoTV whatever the hell that is,  I fire up the movie annd its some 90s or 2000s kids version with selena gomez?   GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dhockster said:

heather thomas had one of the greatest posters ever

Edited by belljr
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cold Dead Hands said:

Pretty sure it was recently available. I watched it last summer. It did have a lot of boobs.

I feel like it was an Amazon watch as well

2 hours ago, belljr said:

so its funny you mention it.... last week this movie just popped into my brain - i think i was watching meatballs and decide i havent seen zapped in a while.

Look on my x1 catalog - omg - they have it.  Has the right logo and description - its playing on PlutoTV whatever the hell that is,  I fire up the movie annd its some 90s or 2000s kids version with selena gomez?   GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

This was out on video when VCRs weren't even that common yet. We lived in the Bay Area and my dad would commute to San Diego during the week. I was the oldest of three kids, and my mom would get so burned out that we could get her to rent anything. It's funny because now that I have kids of my own, I think back to that movie and I'm like, "I can't believe my mom showed 'Zapped' to her elementary school-aged kids! What an irresponsible monster!"

10 hours ago, phandango said:

This sounds like the version of "Charles in Charge" we deserved instead of the one we got.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

10 hours ago, phandango said:

Top 10 80's flick.

Tell Me Your Secrets was a mess.

Some seriously gaping writing problems, but strangely outdone by head-scrstchingly bad/bizarre editing. I don't normally really even notice editing, but here every scene ended or transitioned with a "#### it", snap to next scene.

On 3/18/2021 at 7:48 PM, shuke said:

Succession
Curb
Leftovers
The Wire
Band of Brothers
Sharp Objects
The Deuce

Will add:

Industry

Euphoria

Generations. 

So many amazing shows on HBO

2 hours ago, The Gator said:

Nate Bargatze: The Greatest Average American

absolutely must watch new stand up

Been waiting for his next one to come out. Can't wait, will watch tomorrow.

Willy's Wonderland is currently a $20 rental on Amazon Prime.   I watched it for free and it wasn't worth it.   Best thing is that Nic Cage is apparently mute, so he doesn't speak for the duration of the film (or maybe he does once and I missed it).   

Truly awful movie without a single redeeming quality I can think of.   

On 3/16/2021 at 3:10 PM, Leeroy Jenkins said:

About 50% of the time when I am watching The Expanse on Prime Video (almost done with Season 1), I get German subtitles below on-screen text.  It is SO WEIRD and sometimes blocks stuff out.  Glitch in the matrix?

Just an FYI if this ever happens to you on Prime, as it seems to be a think on the Expanse and a few other shows for some reason:

Turn on subtitles at the beginning of the episode.  Let the show play for a second.  Turn subtitles back off.  Solved.

Caveat, when you finish an episode, and auto-play the next, you will have to do it again.