Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)

KCC

The Bay  Season 1 & 2 Streaming on BritBox

The biggest benefit to streaming is being able to bounce from service to service from month to month and Brti Box is cool because it's less than $7.00 per month.  They don't have a significantly large inventory of programing but they certainly have enough to carry you through an entire month once or twice a year. 

So, The Bay:  The Brits are good about writing strong intelligent female dramatic lead characters, and The Bay has a really good female lead.  The stories from both seasons are not great, but S1 is pretty good and S2 is very good. Worth the watch.

Gordon Lightfoot: If You Could Read My Mind  Streaming on Prime

I don't even know how I got into watching this.  I think it auto started and I just let it run.  I probably wouldn't have watched it otherwise but I'm glad I did.  I really enjoyed it!   The story of how the recording  of "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" was a one take recording and the first time the band had ever played it is pretty cool.  More than that, I like a lot of different types of music, and always liked a handful of his hits, but I was unaware of what a genius song writer he is, and listening to him tell tales through this documentary was fun.

The Night Manager  Streaming on Prime

I'm sure this series has been discussed on here before since it's from 2016.  I had started it and gotten through the first episode a couple of times but for whatever reason never went  beyond E1. Aside the fact there were gaps in the plot and some unbelievable stretches of the story, I'm glad i finally pushed through. It's well acted, smart, suspenseful, good action, and not cheesy at all.  I would pay to watch Olivia Coleman read the phone book.  She's a favorite of mine. Hiddleston was great and Hugh Laurie did what I didn't think he could do which was pull off being a bad dude.

London Kills  Season 1 Streaming on Prime

Completely forgettable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 3/18/2021 at 8:30 PM, Nick Vermeil said:
On 3/18/2021 at 6:48 PM, shuke said:

Succession
Curb
Leftovers
The Wire
Band of Brothers
Sharp Objects
The Deuce

I was kind of meh on Lovecraft.  Seemed like it peaked first episode.

Succession and Sharp Objects are the ones I’ve missed. Will spool them up. 

I'll add:

Comedies: Silicon Valley / VEEP / Entourage (guilty pleasure)

Dramas: Deadwood / Six Feet Under / True Detective Season 1 (stop after this :lol: ) West World Season 1 (see notes for True Detective)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Gator said:

Nate Bargatze: The Greatest Average American

absolutely must watch new stand up on Netflix

It makes no difference to me whether a comedian is dirty or clean, as long as he/she is funny, but I do appreciate that Nate Bargatze is able to be hilarious and completely kid-friendly. He did a tour of drive-in shows where he performed in a parking lot (in this case, at a junior college nearby) and we took our kids (10th and 6th grade) and had a great time. A lot of the material in the Netflix show was stuff from his recent tour, but I'm at the age where, even though we just saw him in December, I remembered almost nothing, so it was like all new material to me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, phandango said:

It makes no difference to me whether a comedian is dirty or clean, as long as he/she is funny, but I do appreciate that Nate Bargatze is able to be hilarious and completely kid-friendly. He did a tour of drive-in shows where he performed in a parking lot (in this case, at a junior college nearby) and we took our kids (10th and 6th grade) and had a great time. A lot of the material in the Netflix show was stuff from his recent tour, but I'm at the age where, even though we just saw him in December, I remembered almost nothing, so it was like all new material to me. 

Slap it low

• Like 1

On 3/24/2021 at 2:35 PM, On The Rocks said:

The Night Manager  Streaming on Prime

I'm sure this series has been discussed on here before since it's from 2016.  I had started it and gotten through the first episode a couple of times but for whatever reason never went  beyond E1. Aside the fact there were gaps in the plot and some unbelievable stretches of the story, I'm glad i finally pushed through. It's well acted, smart, suspenseful, good action, and not cheesy at all.  I would pay to watch Olivia Coleman read the phone book.  She's a favorite of mine. Hiddleston was great and Hugh Laurie did what I didn't think he could do which was pull off being a bad dude.

i loved this.  one of my hidden gems that i suggest to people.

• Love 1

Binged all of season 2 of Solar Opposites last night.   Produced by one of the co-creators of Rick and Morty.   If you like Rick and Morty, you'll like this.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m currently watching Disjointed on Netflix. Kathy Bates as a pot shop owner. It’s pretty funny imo. A couple of stoner characters....Dabby and Dank are hilarious. Also has an Iraqi war veteran with PTSD story line that’s well done. 

6 hours ago, -fish- said:

Binged all of season 2 of Solar Opposites last night.   Produced by one of the co-creators of Rick and Morty.   If you like Rick and Morty, you'll like this.   

Pretty happy to read this about 30 min before my edible kicks in. Perfect timing 

• Love 1

8 hours ago, -fish- said:

It took me a couple of episodes but I got into it, especially the people in the wall.

On 3/24/2021 at 12:18 AM, The Gator said:

Nate Bargatze: The Greatest Average American

absolutely must watch new stand up on Netflix

I’ve seen this guy live and he’s hilarious. Will check this out. 

3 hours ago, Osaurus said:

I’ve seen this guy live and he’s hilarious. Will check this out. 

He has a half hour on "The Standups" and he had another hour special from a couple years ago.  It was hilarious.

Just watched the new one.  It's good, but not as good as his last one, IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gianmarco said:

He has a half hour on "The Standups" and he had another hour special from a couple years ago.  It was hilarious.

Just watched the new one.  It's good, but not as good as his last one, IMO.

Took about 10 minutes to really get going.  Almost like he was doing Covid stuff out of obligation.  Once he moved past that the rest was very funny.

13 minutes ago, facook said:

Took about 10 minutes to really get going.  Almost like he was doing Covid stuff out of obligation.  Once he moved past that the rest was very funny.

Yeah. And it kept getting better. But, there weren't really any non-funny parts in his last one for me. He had a few lulls all the way through in this last one. 

Still a great show and one of my favorite comedians.

Posted this in the wrong thread:

I’m sure it’s been mentioned before, but what a story Dealt is.  Streaming on Hulu, or rent it through other services.  Worth the few dollars if that’s what it takes.  I can’t figure out how he does what he does.  :confused:

19 hours ago, fruity pebbles said:
On 3/16/2021 at 7:35 PM, Capella said:

Wasted 90 minutes watching the last blockbuster. Don’t even know why this was made. 

Me too. Not even sure why I watched. Pukey nostalgia fest of a company that sucked even back then. 

This could have been so much better - but it also needed to be LITERALLY 3X shorter.  It's like an hour and 26 minutes  

On 3/28/2021 at 8:37 AM, steelerfan1 said:

Watching “The One” on Netflix. Kind of screwed up with a dna profile that guarantees to find your soulmate.

Worth watching? My wife watched the first episode and has asked me if I want to watch the show with her.

7 hours ago, acarey50 said:

Worth watching? My wife watched the first episode and has asked me if I want to watch the show with her.

Yeah, the wife got me watching it too. I liked it. Not the best show on tv but worth watching IMO

• Like 1

On 3/28/2021 at 12:11 PM, SayWhat? said:

Posted this in the wrong thread:

I’m sure it’s been mentioned before, but what a story Dealt is.  Streaming on Hulu, or rent it through other services.  Worth the few dollars if that’s what it takes.  I can’t figure out how he does what he does.  :confused:

Watched the trailor and at first was thinking, ok this is a story about an amazing mechanic (still would have watched) but then it's revealed he's blind, crazy.

Btw, also watched a clip of him on Penn & Teller's show "Fool Us" and he completely fooled them.

Fool Us

The Victim  (Brit Box) 

Just 4 episodes.  I liked this from the beginning, but as I went through each episode I wasn't sure if it was a series I just liked or if it was something that I just liked and would forget about.  The final episode, (IMHO) was so good, and the final 30 minutes was so very good, and was actually emotionally draining. I not only liked it, it actually sticks with you more than just a little while. 

I'd love to hear what anyone else thinks about this series.

This piece has Kelly MacDonald who along with Nicola Walker & Olivia Coleman are three of my favorite actors right now. I said this before in a recent post, The UK women are really great on screen! 

I'm loving my month of Brit Box!

On 3/29/2021 at 11:54 PM, El Floppo said:

S2 of Apple TVs For All Mankind is out. Genuinely enjoyed the first season- mix of space race history facts and alt-history science-fiction.

2 eps in and it's more melodrama than last season. So far not fitting on all cylinders.

On 3/29/2021 at 3:21 PM, El Floppo said:

Anybody watching Resident Alien on SyFy?

Decently funny watch.

Hit a cringey bad writing/plot movement in the last episode we watched (ep9?). Bartendress inexplicably breaks in to harry's house and freezer just so she can make a discovery. For a funny and decently written show, that was idiotic.

5 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Hit a cringey bad writing/plot movement in the last episode we watched (ep9?). Bartendress inexplicably breaks in to harry's house and freezer just so she can make a discovery. For a funny and decently written show, that was idiotic.

Yeah, that was a low point.   

On 3/29/2021 at 12:16 PM, arrow1 said:

I'm into Season 3 of Halt and Catch Fire on NF.  Pretty good.  

Started watching this and Burn Notice recently.  Good shows but neither feature a fire dept, to my surprise.  

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

On 3/29/2021 at 3:21 PM, El Floppo said:

Anybody watching Resident Alien on SyFy?

Decently funny watch.

Just finished ep 10. While some episodes might have been better than others, I enjoyed all of it.

Recorded the series starting with ep 7. Ep 6 missing from on demand so I missed that one. Looked like my recording of ep 10 ended with a few seconds to go. Watched the last few seconds via on demand. Glad I did as it was important to watch through to the very end.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brun said:

Just finished ep 10. While some episodes might have been better than others, I enjoyed all of it.

Recorded the series starting with ep 7. Ep 6 missing from on demand so I missed that one. Looked like my recording of ep 10 ended with a few seconds to go. Watched the last few seconds via on demand. Glad I did as it was important to watch through to the very end.

We just wrapped it up last night too. lol- yeah...definitely needed to watch to the end.

Agree- we (and we watched with the kids-9&13) enjoyed all of it outside of the one stupid scene I mentioned.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, steelerfan1 said:

Started watching “Who Killed Sara” last night. Horrible acting and cheesy as heck, but will probably keep watching so I can see who killed Sara...

I tapped out after 4 episodes. Rudolfo’s walk did me in. Great comedy here only thing is the show is a drama...

• Like 1

On 4/3/2021 at 11:24 AM, steelerfan1 said:

Started watching “Who Killed Sara” last night. Horrible acting and cheesy as heck, but will probably keep watching so I can see who killed Sara...

On 4/4/2021 at 7:37 AM, steelerfan1 said:

I tapped out after 4 episodes. Rudolfo’s walk did me in. Great comedy here only thing is the show is a drama...

Uhoh - Wife and I started the first episode last night, just looking for something new. Not committed yet, but not sure she wants to give it up. We'll see if it gets painful to watch or if it gets to that so cheesy and bad it's good.

11 minutes ago, acarey50 said:

Uhoh - Wife and I started the first episode last night, just looking for something new. Not committed yet, but not sure she wants to give it up. We'll see if it gets painful to watch or if it gets to that so cheesy and bad it's good.

I may be too picky, but jut couldn't do it anymore. I did get up during the episode and did Rudolfo's walk to the fridge and the wife said I have mastered it, so at least there's that....

• Like 1