What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (9 Viewers)

We watched the 1st ep of The Serpent last night, I think on Netflix.

Not sure I'm in the right mindset for this kind of thing about terrible people.

S2 of Apple TVs For All Mankind is out. Genuinely enjoyed the first season- mix of space race history facts and alt-history science-fiction.
2 eps in and it's more melodrama than last season. So far not fitting on all cylinders.
We wrapped this up. I think the writing and acting elevated relative to A1, but the overall plot arcs were less grand or interesting, imo.

Still worth watching, especially if the space race and alt-history interests you.

Netflix "This is a Robbery" is pretty good if you like heist documentaries.   Will be interesting to see if the series helps to solve the crime like some of these do.

I've always wanted to design a non-violent heist...

Also tried, "Who Killed Sara" on Netflix  which is definitely a B movie...may not finish it. "The Serpent" on Netflix is probably my next watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to everyone who recommended Ted Lasso on AppleTV.  We just finished the 10 episodes of season 1 and it was awesome - hilarious yet really heartwarming.  It's honestly worth subscribing to AppleTV for a month just to watch this show.  My wife isn't even a sports fan and she loved it too.  Can't wait for season 2!

Thanks to everyone who recommended Ted Lasso on AppleTV.  We just finished the 10 episodes of season 1 and it was awesome - hilarious yet really heartwarming.  It's honestly worth subscribing to AppleTV for a month just to watch this show.  My wife isn't even a sports fan and she loved it too.  Can't wait for season 2!
I watched the 1st episode and thought it was boring and unfunny.

I watched the 1st episode and thought it was boring and unfunny.
It's infectious. I didn't love the first ep either...I think I thought it was a little bland. Ill try to find my comments in here.

But the humor finds its legs, mostly in just how likeable Ted is. During covid, and shows about terrible humans doing terrible things, it was ultimately so satisfying watching this one.

We watched the 1st ep of The Serpent last night, I think on Netflix.

Not sure I'm in the right mindset for this kind of thing about terrible people.
I was pretty meh after the first episode. It was ok, but didn't grab me. The second episode is far better and the show improves from there. 2 episodes to go but worth the watch. 

I haven’t watched Ted Lasso yet but it seems like something I would enjoy.

I imagine Kim’s Convenience is in a similar category. Been watching that lately and it’s made me smile. Nothing heady at all, but amusing Canadian South Korean immigrant family sitcom that has plenty of heartwarming storylines and is a nice immigrant slice of life show.

I haven’t watched Ted Lasso yet but it seems like something I would enjoy.

I imagine Kim’s Convenience is in a similar category. Been watching that lately and it’s made me smile. Nothing heady at all, but amusing Canadian South Korean immigrant family sitcom that has plenty of heartwarming storylines and is a nice immigrant slice of life show.
You’ll enjoy it. I guess I can get not liking Ted Lasso, but honestly it would kind of suck to not be able to enjoy a show like that. It sounds like you’d really enjoy it. I should check out Kim’s Convenience. Other people have mentioned it as well.

Wife and I started Rake on Netflix this weekend.  It's an Aussie Drama about a solicitor (lawyer) who is basically a rake.  He's a gambling addict, a drunk, and bangs lots of women.  (Decent amount of nudity.)  There's 5 seasons of it and so far it is quite enjoyable.  It is a little old, premiered in Australia in 2010.  

(I tried searching for 'Rake' in this thread and didn't find anything, apologies if it's been mentioned before.)

Wife and I started Rake on Netflix this weekend.  It's an Aussie Drama about a solicitor (lawyer) who is basically a rake.  He's a gambling addict, a drunk, and bangs lots of women.  (Decent amount of nudity.)  There's 5 seasons of it and so far it is quite enjoyable.  It is a little old, premiered in Australia in 2010.  

(I tried searching for 'Rake' in this thread and didn't find anything, apologies if it's been mentioned before.)
Big fan of Rake.  

Mr. Robot fans - how far into it do I need to go before it hooks me?  I enjoyed the first episode, but it's starting to drag...currently through S01E05 

There was an American version with Greg Kinnear a few years ago. It only lasted 13 episodes.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2515462/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I'm 5 episodes into Made for Love on HBO Max and will definitely see this one out to the end. The story / plot has some weaknesses, but the acting, characters and dialogue are all top-notch imo.

Might just be in Canada, but seeing a message on Netflix that Kingdom will be gone from there on April 30th. We just finished watching the 3rd season. So, if you want to watch it, now is the time.
I saw a message that KINGDOM will be leaving (US) Neflix on 4/30.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/leaving-soon/kingdom-seasons-1-3-leaving-netflix-in-may-2021/
Where will Kingdom stream after it leaves Netflix?
Given the show was an AT&T Original on the now-defunct Audience Network, we’re expecting it to fall under WarnerMedias remit and therefore jump over to HBO Max. We don’t have confirmation of this though and will update should we learn more.

A release date for Kim’s Convenience season 5 on Netflix has yet to be confirmed.

Fans were expecting it to drop on the platform recently after the season 5 finale (episode 13, ‘Friends and Family’) – aired in Canada on Tuesday, April 13th 2021.   Netflix's schedule for April 2021 has already been unveiled and there are no signs of Kim’s Convenience season 5.

KIM’S CONVENIENCE: THE FINAL SEASON?

Yes, Kim’s convenience concluded w/ season 5. The announcement was made in March 2021 and the producers issued a statement to fans:

“To our amazing fans: Authenticity of storytelling is at the center of the success of Kim’s Convenience. At the end of production on Season 5, our two co-creators confirmed they were moving onto other projects. Given their departure from the series, we have come to the difficult conclusion that we cannot deliver another season of the same heart and quality that has made the show so special.   Kim’s Convenience has meant so much to our cast, writers, crew, and audiences around the world. Despite the restrictions and complications of shooting during the pandemic, Season 5 is our finest season to date.

“It’s been a privilege and a very great pleasure to work with the Kim’s family of gifted writers and performers for the last five years. Thank you to our fans for the love and support you’ve given this show.”

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/04/15/kims-convenience-season-5-netflix/

Saw a story today indicating Amazon intends to spend about US $465m (NZ $650m) on season one alone of its upcoming Lord of the Rings series.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/440587/government-to-give-amazon-over-100m-boost-for-lord-of-the-rings-filming

For comparison, a quick google search indicated the GOT budget was about $100m for season 6 and $70m for season 7. 

(I know there’s a dedicated thread somewhere here - can’t find it.) 

Started Good Girls .  Enjoying it so far. Not bad for a network ahow
this was a Mrs. Nemesis pick and it was pretty good, if i may say so.  Seasons 1-3 are on Netflix for binge......but I think Season 4 is airing wkly on NBC.   Anyone know when they drop to Netflix?  

Started Good Girls .  Enjoying it so far. Not bad for a network ahow
We watch it weekly.. It is still decent, but like many shows, they allow the antagonists to hang around way too long. It just gets to be the same old "why the bleep is he/she still around?" :wall:   ..
at a point find a new antagonist, rather then have the main one survive extreme odds over and over again. 

I don't know if it's ever been mentioned since the search sucks here, but I can't find anything.

Just started watching Last Tango in Halifax.  It is really enjoyable.  For those of you that liked After Life, I think you'd like this.  We are 3 episodes in and it's just a good, good show much like After Life.

Just wrapped up Zero Zero Zero. I enjoyed it but the way they weave together the various plot lines is a structural mess and adds nothing IMO. And the characters do some of the dumbest things. But I was invested and would watch a season 2.

Just wrapped up Zero Zero Zero. I enjoyed it but the way they weave together the various plot lines is a structural mess and adds nothing IMO. And the characters do some of the dumbest things. But I was invested and would watch a season 2.
It was very well filmed. Loved the locations and some of the acting and story lines. But agree there were a lot of poor writing choices that brought the overall show down. And yeah, I'd watch a s2 for sure

I don't know if it's ever been mentioned since the search sucks here, but I can't find anything.

Just started watching Last Tango in Halifax.  It is really enjoyable.  For those of you that liked After Life, I think you'd like this.  We are 3 episodes in and it's just a good, good show much like After Life.
Looks interesting and we loved After Life. Will check it out...thx.

Has anybody watched the 1st episode of The Nevers on HBO? Looks interesting, but it wasn't rated very well on a few places I looked.

Joss Whedon was involved in the show.

Has anybody watched the 1st episode of The Nevers on HBO? Looks interesting, but it wasn't rated very well on a few places I looked.

We watched it. Whedon directed it. Wasn't bad, but needed to set up a bunch of moving plot parts and a fantastical version of 19th c london...so was always going to be difficult to hit it out of the park with this one. But again, decent and worth watching imo. I have a feeling it will find it's feet and be solid.

Steampunk period fantasy with a little bit of x-men (certain people have unique powers). The main characters are women, so that will likely turn some men off to the show.

Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel

Interesting story that could have been told in 1 or 2 episodes instead of 4. Dragged way too much with the "internet sleuths" Hard to recommend but it wasn't horrible.

Poor Morbid. :headbang:  That wasn't right.

Highly recommend Derry Girls for those looking for a comedy. Great casting throughout. Subtitles a must!
Mrs Nemesis & I watched Season 1 & 2 of DERRY GIRLS on Netflix. each episode is 25 mins.  Each season is only 6 episodes though. if you liked the humor in Kim’s Convenience, you’ll probably like this one too  

About living in Northern Ireland during the early 90's & centered around a group of girls at a Catholic high school.  also has a bunch of  early 90s music you’ll recognize  (cranberries, cypress hill, the corrs, Enya, en Vogue, Ace of Base)

Season 3 coming out sometime during 2021. And....it's probably good to have the subtitles on

We watched the 1st ep of Mare of Easttown tonight instead of new Nevers. This one seems like it's going to be good right out of the gate.

2 episodes in and enjoying it.

Not sure I'd use After Life as a comp. The characters arent quite as quirky as in that show but it's a good storyline with an excellent cast.

Thanks for the rec.

2 episodes in and enjoying it.

Not sure I'd use After Life as a comp. The characters arent quite as quirky as in that show but it's a good storyline with an excellent cast.

Thanks for the rec.
Glad you liked it and you came back to post about it.  I was going to ask.

I compared it to After LIfe in terms of it being a comedy mixed with drama and that if you were someone that enjoyed After Life, you were likely to enjoy it, not so much that they were otherwise similar.

I thought the middle of the 1st season had some "excessive" moments to it, but the final episode was fantastic.  Starting seasons 2 now.  The cast, the writing, and the acting are superb, though.

We watched it. Whedon directed it. Wasn't bad, but needed to set up a bunch of moving plot parts and a fantastical version of 19th c london...so was always going to be difficult to hit it out of the park with this one. But again, decent and worth watching imo. I have a feeling it will find it's feet and be solid.

Steampunk period fantasy with a little bit of x-men (certain people have unique powers). The main characters are women, so that will likely turn some men off to the show.

I'm watching this - pretty good through 2 episodes. 

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC

Users who are viewing this thread