Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)

KCC

1 hour ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

I am digging Invincible (Prime). Super hero animation.. get through the first 40 minutes of basic origin story story; then it takes off. Really good second episode. 

I keep scrolling past this,  thanks for the info. I’ll give it a shot

I am digging Invincible (Prime). Super hero animation.. get through the first 40 minutes of basic origin story story; then it takes off. Really good second episode. 

Watched this while sort of browsing then got to the last 5 min and had to restart from the beginning and watch.  

Same creator as TWD.  

Just finished the first episode the other day, I'll stick with it.

But now I find I have a few too many shows going on. I just finished season 1 of Warrior, so have to watch season 2. I'm in the middle of Season 2 of Last Kingdom and enjoying that one.

Problem is they are shows that I actually want to watch, which means paying attention, which means they are more then background noise while I'm working, and as they are not shows my wife is interested in, need to find time when I am not busy with kids activities and not being asked to watch something with her.

Mum    (Streaming on Brit Box)

Very very funny.  It does take a handful of episodes to figure out exactly what you're watching, but through all three seasons (6E each), you find that each character is on their own journey.  Sometimes you want to laugh, sometimes you want to cry.  But overall, a hilarious show.

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2021 at 9:56 PM, Nemesis said:

Mrs Nemesis & I watched Season 1 & 2 of DERRY GIRLS on Netflix. each episode is 25 mins.  Each season is only 6 episodes though. if you liked the humor in Kim’s Convenience, you’ll probably like this one too  

About living in Northern Ireland during the early 90's & centered around a group of girls at a Catholic high school.  also has a bunch of  early 90s music you’ll recognize  (cranberries, cypress hill, the corrs, Enya, en Vogue, Ace of Base)

Season 3 coming out sometime during 2021. And....it's probably good to have the subtitles on

Watched this awhile back. Liked it alot but wish the seasons were longer.

Watched The Irregulars over the weekend on Netflix, better than I expected. Original, if not very weird/supernatural take on Sherlock Holmes and Watson although the story is told through the street kids who work with them. Ending made sense and fit the story but it was quite a downer. :sadbanana:

Loving the new show Debris on NBC, watching it on Hulu. Like a modern X-files-ish type show focusing on 2 agents working in the gov’t to coverup pieces of an alien ship crashing to earth. The show is delightfully weird and does not try to explain everything. Some awesome use of sound effects and music to create a creepy or tense atmosphere in most episodes.

Allen vs. Farrow (HBO)

Wow, I couldn't tell if this was a hit piece or fair and honest delivery.  Since Allen, Soon-Yi and one other son that suggested the allegations were false, were not interviewed I have to say "my jury" is still out.  However based on the soundbites and telephone conversation recordings, I lean toward saying this guy should be hung up by the short hairs. 

Really revolting to hear the other Hollywood types worship the ground he walks on, but I was pleasantly surprised at how many celebrities were willing to go on the record that they wouldn't work with him. 

18 minutes ago, Buckna said:

Loving the new show Debris on NBC, watching it on Hulu. Like a modern X-files-ish type show focusing on 2 agents working in the gov’t to coverup pieces of an alien ship crashing to earth. The show is delightfully weird and does not try to explain everything. Some awesome use of sound effects and music to create a creepy or tense atmosphere in most episodes.

Yeah, enjoying this one as well. The male lead is awesome. Not quite sure it can have legs for several seasons like X-Files or Fringe, but so far I'm digging it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxco said:

Yeah, enjoying this one as well. The male lead is awesome. Not quite sure it can have legs for several seasons like X-Files or Fringe, but so far I'm digging it.

Agree. Jonathan Tucker is his name. He was in all 3 seasons of "Kingdom" on Netflix (we just finished watching) and he is also in "City On A Hill" on Showtime (Season 2 just started). He is great in all these roles.

• Thanks 1

On 4/20/2021 at 9:48 AM, On The Rocks said:

Allen vs. Farrow (HBO)

Wow, I couldn't tell if this was a hit piece or fair and honest delivery.  Since Allen, Soon-Yi and one other son that suggested the allegations were false, were not interviewed I have to say "my jury" is still out.  However based on the soundbites and telephone conversation recordings, I lean toward saying this guy should be hung up by the short hairs. 

Really revolting to hear the other Hollywood types worship the ground he walks on, but I was pleasantly surprised at how many celebrities were willing to go on the record that they wouldn't work with him. 

I watched this, too, after reading your post and reminding me it was on.

I grew up a huge Woody Allen fan: read his books, watched his movies. I remember this story in the news as it was happening. I also remember pretty much making my mind up that Mia Farrow was a little hysterical and probably planted the memories in Dylan's head about sexual abuse. I remember being a little bit grossed out by the idea of Woody having a relationship with Soon Yi. Then hearing he wasn't really a "parent" to her and thinking it was a little creepy, but not "pedophile creepy" ( @Zow, yes, I now know hebephile).

I went into watching this with a love for Woody Allen's art and wit, and with the bias that this was a messy divorce that turned really ugly when the jilted ex-wife made allegations of sexual abuse. This show changed my mind about all of that, and frankly, showed me a lot of biases I had/have regarding: sexual abuse; the aftermath to survivors; the difficulties in seeking justice and just how insidiously wealth, celebrity and a good PR team can frame the narrative of accepted truth.

I have a lot of sympathy for Dylan Farrow. It is heartbreaking to see how a trauma inflicted on her so long ago still freezes her and causes her so much pain. It is so heartbreaking and infuriating to watch. I feel for Mia Farrow and all the kids, that they had to go through this because Woody Allen is sick and manipulative. Mia seems like a genuinely good, caring person. It is stupefying to watch how many times the justice system was allowed to be perverted by money and fame and influence. I love the Connecticut State Attorney- he has a lot of integrity. Him and the Social Worker, Paul Williams. They are inspiring.

I don't expect anyone to read this novella, but, man I had to process somehow after watching that. This show is incredibly difficult to watch, and very heavy. But, it is definitely worth watching,  

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

17 minutes ago, ProstheticRGK said:

I watched this, too, after reading your post and reminding me it was on.

I grew up a huge Woody Allen fan: read his books, watched his movies. I remember this story in the news as it was happening. I also remember pretty much making my mind up that Mia Farrow was a little hysterical and probably planted the memories in Dylan's head about sexual abuse. I remember being a little bit grossed out by the idea of Woody having a relationship with Soon Yi. Then hearing he wasn't really a "parent" to her and thinking it was a little creepy, but not "pedophile creepy" ( @Zow, yes, I now know hebephile).

I went into watching this with a love for Woody Allen's art and wit, and with the bias that this was a messy divorce that turned really ugly when the jilted ex-wife made allegations of sexual abuse. This show changed my mind about all of that, and frankly, showed me a lot of biases I had/have regarding: sexual abuse; the aftermath to survivors; the difficulties in seeking justice and just how insidiously wealth, celebrity and a good PR team can frame the narrative of accepted truth.

I have a lot of sympathy for Dylan Farrow. It is heartbreaking to see how a trauma inflicted on her so long ago still freezes her and causes her so much pain. It is so heartbreaking and infuriating to watch. I feel for Mia Farrow and all the kids, that they had to go through this because Woody Allen is sick and manipulative. Mia seems like a genuinely good, caring person. It is stupefying to watch how many times the justice system was allowed to be perverted by money and fame and influence. I love the Connecticut State Attorney- he has a lot of integrity. Him and the Social Worker, Paul Williams. They are inspiring.

I don't expect anyone to read this novella, but, man I had to process somehow after watching that. This show is incredibly difficult to watch, and very heavy. But, it is definitely worth watching,  

Aside from having never been a fan of Allen, I felt the same way you did about the series.  I've now watched the series twice and it's appalling to me that he walks around free. I really wish the series would have had a more balanced presentation of both sides providing whatever evidence the Allen team has to support his innocence (if there is any), but whatever,  I've been of the opinion for a long time that Hollywood is freakish and bizarre, and this story really legitimized the opinion for me...that along with few minutes that the series gave to including Polanski and Weinstein.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2021 at 8:10 AM, On The Rocks said:

Mum    (Streaming on Brit Box)

Very very funny.  It does take a handful of episodes to figure out exactly what you're watching, but through all three seasons (6E each), you find that each character is on their own journey.  Sometimes you want to laugh, sometimes you want to cry.  But overall, a hilarious show.

Thanks for this recommendation!  The wife and I have been in a tv rut the last week or so. Came in here to see if anybody had mentioned anything recently that sounded like something we'd both like, and just gave this a shot tonight. 

We only watched the first two episodes, but enjoying it so far. Looking forward to watching more, but we figure it's the kind of show we should only watch two episodes at a time (especially if it's only 18 eps). Then again, maybe we'll cram it into a week to get it all in the 7 day free trial of Brit Box - unless you have any other shows on there we should check out.

12 hours ago, jhib said:

Thanks for this recommendation!  The wife and I have been in a tv rut the last week or so. Came in here to see if anybody had mentioned anything recently that sounded like something we'd both like, and just gave this a shot tonight. 

We only watched the first two episodes, but enjoying it so far. Looking forward to watching more, but we figure it's the kind of show we should only watch two episodes at a time (especially if it's only 18 eps). Then again, maybe we'll cram it into a week to get it all in the 7 day free trial of Brit Box - unless you have any other shows on there we should check out.

So glad you're at least enjoying what you've seen so far.  Season 2 is some of the funniest television I have ever seen.

If you're looking for something funny like this program, "Friday Night Dinner" is available on Prime.  It's another Brit humor program that takes a couple of episodes to understand exactly what you're seeing, but has several laugh out loud moments each episode. 

On Brit Box, we liked the following programs that were all police drama's:

• Line of Duty (also on Prime)
  • Scott & Bailey (also on Prime)
  • The Bay
  • The Victim (a little slow)
  • A Confession (a little slow)

I guess I would binge Mum, and The Bay, during a 7 day free Brit Box trial and then watch the other programs on Prime.

Edited by On The Rocks

10 hours ago, The Gator said:

Frank of Ireland on Prime

i dare you not to laugh. 

“he wasn’t pushy about anal.

you need to be or it won’t go in.”

:lmao:

Just started.  Laughing out loud from the first 5 seconds. 

Looks at hand written note on hand: "Don't sleep with Aine".

Rolls over, see's Aine; "Ah  #&%@" 

😄

• Laughing 1

22 hours ago, Osaurus said:

Started watching Sasquatch last night. It certainly is an interesting story. I think it's on Hulu.

Wasn't there another recent show/documentary/series about this?

Murder Mountain maybe?

2 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Murder Mountain maybe?

Murder Mountain was about the weed trade and violence in Humboldt.

Sasquatch isn't about big foot?

13 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Murder Mountain was about the weed trade and violence in Humboldt.

Sasquatch isn't about big foot?

I saw a trailer. I think it’s about “Big Foot” allegedly being a serial killer, of weed workers, in Humboldt...

but I have not seen the show yet 

ETA - I got the sense it’s about the same issues from Murder Mountain I just could not recall the name. 

Edited by Sinn Fein

On 4/21/2021 at 10:51 PM, The Gator said:

Frank of Ireland on Prime

i dare you not to laugh. 

“he wasn’t pushy about anal.

you need to be or it won’t go in.”

:lmao:

"Second worst organ failure of the week." :lol:

Brian Gleeson is a mini-me of his Dad.  

Watched Babylon 5 over the past month or so. I had never watched it before, but had heard really good things about it. All 5 seasons plus the pilot episode are on HBO Max right now. The movies are available from Amazon Prime for pay (I watched 3 of them and quit after that, and I didn't bother with Crusade).

I can understand why it attracted a loyal fan base back in the 90's given the t.v. landscape at that time, and that the approach to a commitment to a 5 year story arc (give or take plenty of stand alone episodes) was pretty innovative back then. But the 90's were a long time ago. Londo, G'Kar and Ivanova were pretty great, the rest doesn't hold up so well. Those 3 characters probably make it not a total waste of time to watch if you haven't seen it before and like space sci fi shows. I don't think it's a must watch however.

Edited by Gr00vus

Mare of Easttown steaming on HBO Max was filmed in my County as well as the county next to it. The director of the show is from the area and the show is a fictional town based on it I have yet to watch it though

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Mare of Easttown steaming on HBO Max was filmed in my County as well as the county next to it. The director of the show is from the area and the show is a fictional town based on it I have yet to watch it though

Always cool to get that connection. Around 1969-70 I lived in Wayne (VFMA). Hadn't thought about that in a long time. I remember going to the King of Prussia mall, Wanamaker's, and eating Gino Giants at Gino's (in Radnor?)

Thanks for bringing back some memories.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, brun said:

Always cool to get that connection. Around 1969-70 I lived in Wayne (VFMA). Hadn't thought about that in a long time. I remember going to the King of Prussia mall, Wanamaker's, and eating Gino Giants at Gino's (in Radnor?)

Thanks for bringing back some memories.

Silver Linings playbook was filmed here too they filmed scenes at the Llanarch diner. I was fortunate with a buddy in the industry who worked there brought me over one day and I got to meet Bradley Cooper and Robert Dinero. Cooper and my buddy and I taught Dinero the Eagles Fight song. We made a fan for life. I also got to meet Jennifer Lawerence who at the time I was obsessively crushing over (Not in a creepy way) and she was very nice. 

And your'e welcome. 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 8:22 PM, peaces said:

No thanks, I'm scared of blurry out of focus monsters

It is actually about the Emerald Triangle pot farms of the 90s and an investigative journalist looking into it. Sasquatches are very ancillary to the point where they could be left out completely.

On 4/22/2021 at 12:36 PM, Sinn Fein said:

Murder Mountain maybe?

Watching it now. It’s pretty good, but sad.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cold Dead Hands said:

It is actually about the Emerald Triangle pot farms of the 90s and an investigative journalist looking into it. Sasquatches are very ancillary to the point where they could be left out completely.

Look out! He's fuzzy...run!!!

On 4/22/2021 at 11:36 AM, Sinn Fein said:

Murder Mountain maybe?

Murder Mountain is about weed.

Sasquatch might also be about weed, but i thought it was about Sasquatch.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

Sasquatch might also be about weed, but i thought it was about Sasquatch.

Sasquatch is about homicide in weed country.

The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then The Bigfoot is about the man who killed Hitler and then the Bigfoot. 

Edited by Cold Dead Hands
  • Love 2
  • Laughing 2

2 hours ago, Cold Dead Hands said:

Sasquatch is about homicide in weed country.

The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then The Bigfoot is about the man who killed Hitler and then the Bigfoot. 

those bastards killed Bigfoot???

On 4/24/2021 at 12:26 AM, DJackson10 said:

This is the best new show going right now based on the first two episodes IMHO.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

This is the best new show going right now based on the first two episodes IMHO.

it's an easy to watch, good whodunnit through two. 

On 4/24/2021 at 1:26 AM, DJackson10 said:

It's excellent.  Wish I could binge watch it.  

I know everyone’s talking new streaming, but my wife and I are going through Star Trek Voyager, which I’ve never seen more than an episode or two of. It’s pretty good, so far, anyway.

1 hour ago, Kal El said:

I know everyone’s talking new streaming, but my wife and I are going through Star Trek Voyager, which I’ve never seen more than an episode or two of. It’s pretty good, so far, anyway.

I always liked Voyager. One of my favorite Star Terk characters originates in that series. 

Edited by Mile High

3 hours ago, wlwiles said:

Just started S4 of Schitt's Creek.  Awesome show, but oh my god Moira's voice and constantly changing accent makes me want to punch a wall. 

I have never been a big Catherine O'Hara fan and as a result I haven't seen more than 2-3 SC episodes.

Just finished This is a Robbery.  Really, really interesting documentary about a huge art heist in Boston 30 years ago.  Fascinating story, still unsolved, well done show.  4 episodes long. 

• Like 1