Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, identikit said:

It was pretty bad imo.

Gotta be better scripts than this out there, Crowe.

 

yeah, who am I kidding...it was bad.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoever invented the skip intro button, we salute you

Wife and I just added HBO Max. Started watching this little known show, think it's called Game of Thrones or something. Guess it's based on a book. Almost through the first season, which has been grea

Genre Face-off:

Loudermilk >>>>>>>>Frank of Ireland  (threw in the towel after 2nd episode)

Shadow and Bone >> The Nevers (will probably go the distance, but it’s a losing cause).

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rustoleum said:

Genre Face-off:

Loudermilk >>>>>>>>Frank of Ireland  (threw in the towel after 2nd episode)

Shadow and Bone >> The Nevers (will probably go the distance, but it’s a losing cause).

 

I enjoyed Shadow and Bone though it was predictable. Also predictable: it goes max one more season before Netflix cancels it.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rustoleum said:

Genre Face-off:

Shadow and Bone >> The Nevers (will probably go the distance, but it’s a losing cause).

 

I go the other way on this one. I barely made it to the end of S & B but am enjoying The Nevers.

 

For my genre Face-Off on two recent MA-rated superhero shows, I'm the opposite of popular opinion:

Jupiter's Legacy >>>>> Invincible

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2021 at 8:48 AM, gianmarco said:

Glad you liked it and you came back to post about it.  I was going to ask.

I compared it to After LIfe in terms of it being a comedy mixed with drama and that if you were someone that enjoyed After Life, you were likely to enjoy it, not so much that they were otherwise similar.

I thought the middle of the 1st season had some "excessive" moments to it, but the final episode was fantastic.  Starting seasons 2 now.  The cast, the writing, and the acting are superb, though.

We finished the first season of Last Tango in Halifax. It's a good show. A little more family drama than we're used to watching but the characters are all interesting and it's a nice change of pace from our current rewatch of the Sopranos and Deadwood. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2021 at 11:15 AM, mr. furley said:

honestly the only reason i keep watching this show is Robin Wright. 

it has some decent moments here and there, i guess, but every time we turn it on i feel like someone else has done this show better.. or could do this show better.

 

I agree, regarding my only reason for watching.  Robin Wright is head and shoulders above any actress alive today.  I don't even put Streep in her class.  I just think she's so great at the craft.  I'll watch any thing she's in even if the rest of the production is a steaming pile.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CletiusMaximus said:

I go the other way on this one. I barely made it to the end of S & B but am enjoying The Nevers.

 

For my genre Face-Off on two recent MA-rated superhero shows, I'm the opposite of popular opinion:

Jupiter's Legacy >>>>> Invincible

 

Great - now I have to add Jupiter's Legacy back to the list - I took it off after reading several negative reviews as I already can't keep up with all the shows coming out that intrigue me, but I enjoy the superhero genre enough that it was a reluctant pass.

 

Watched the first episode of Shadow and Bone last night, will finish that one off, have The Nevers marked down as another to watch.

I may have to take some sick time so I can just kick back and binge watch some of these.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, On The Rocks said:

I agree, regarding my only reason for watching.  Robin Wright is head and shoulders above any actress alive today.  I don't even put Streep in her class.  I just think she's so great at the craft.  I'll watch any thing she's in even if the rest of the production is a steaming pile.

Watching Mare on HBO, I just commented to the wife that I can't think of a better actress than Winslet. Her range and willingness to go places most won't (I'm loving her portrayal of a deeply flawed and real Mare) put her out front of wright...who I also love.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CletiusMaximus said:

I go the other way on this one. I barely made it to the end of S & B but am enjoying The Nevers.

 

For my genre Face-Off on two recent MA-rated superhero shows, I'm the opposite of popular opinion:

Jupiter's Legacy >>>>> Invincible

 

Watched the first episode of Jupiter.s Legacy last night. I enjoyed Invincible, but so far I agree.:
 

CGI caved-in faces >>>>> animated caved-in faces.

Shadow and Bone made me put the ipad down and not surf while watching. Nevers hasn’t done that so much for me  yet, but maybe it will grow on me some more.  Fighty Faux Anne Hathaway just isn’t doing it for me,  don’t know why.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Watching Mare on HBO, I just commented to the wife that I can't think of a better actress than Winslet. Her range and willingness to go places most won't (I'm loving her portrayal of a deeply flawed and real Mare) put her out front of wright...who I also love.

I put her up there with the sharp objects actress, I would google but I’m hammered. 

  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2021 at 5:14 PM, Don Quixote said:

For anyone with a preschooler, Bluey is pretty good. Australian import on Disney+. First thing my kid has watched in ages that actually isn’t all that unbearable for adults.

My three year old now calls his mom cheeky when she asks him to pick up.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Gilroy34 said:

Love Mare right now and not liking Nevers.  Nevers is hard to follow perhaps because of the accents.  I have no idea what is going on.

Closed captioning should help. We were a little lost with the accents of the young Italian ladies that worked in the fancy store, turned on the CC and it's been 👍since.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Rustoleum said:

Genre Face-off:

Loudermilk >>>>>>>>Frank of Ireland  (threw in the towel after 2nd episode)

Shadow and Bone >> The Nevers (will probably go the distance, but it’s a losing cause).

 

First episode of loudermilk is up there with any tv show, there was one dump plot line with cutter and the stand in guy but damn that is 3 seasons of great entertainment 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CGRdrJoe said:

I put her up there with the sharp objects actress, I would google but I’m hammered. 

Amy

Adams

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, northern exposure said:

Closed captioning should help. We were a little lost with the accents of the young Italian ladies that worked in the fancy store, turned on the CC and it's been 👍since.

We had to run back some scenes and do the closed captioning a few times too. Especially with Malady. There’s something to be said for being a little too authentic.

As for the confusing plot and what’s going on, I think that’s done on purpose. There are a lot of things hinted at in the background and in dialogue that have yet to be revealed as backstory that I think is coming. Especially with Amalia True (the main chick that kicks all the dudes asses who honestly is probably my least favorite character.) Characters definitely know things the audience doesn’t yet. This is a staple of Whedon storytelling to hint at things to keep you intrigued and not reveal the payoff until later.

Edited by Buckna
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Rustoleum said:

Watched the first episode of Jupiter.s Legacy last night. I enjoyed Invincible, but so far I agree.:
 

CGI caved-in faces >>>>> animated caved-in faces.

Shadow and Bone made me put the ipad down and not surf while watching. Nevers hasn’t done that so much for me  yet, but maybe it will grow on me some more.  Fighty Faux Anne Hathaway just isn’t doing it for me,  don’t know why.

I agree, but Prudence the inventor does it for me. :wub:

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2021 at 11:12 PM, Rustoleum said:

Genre Face-off:

Loudermilk >>>>>>>>Frank of Ireland  (threw in the towel after 2nd episode)

Shadow and Bone >> The Nevers (will probably go the distance, but it’s a losing cause).

 

I couldn’t keep watching Frank. It was just the same bit over and over and while some parts were funny, I just didn’t feel interested to keep watching.

Started Loudermilk and really like it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2021 at 10:56 PM, CGRdrJoe said:

https://youtu.be/WiSG8uew9YY
 

ok I know I’ve been probably over pimping this show but season 1 episode 1 and you’re welcome 

Ok ok ok.

Started while the wife was out last night. 

Yep. It's definitely good.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

I saw news that a new season of Gomorrah is coming out...somewhere...Sundance?

I think it had watchers here... @gianmarco as a suburra fan for sure.

Haven't seen it yet. Will need to watch.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Started and finished Queen's Gambit in the last two days.

One of the best things I've watched in quite a while.

They did have a few timeline errors along the way, but the script and acting more than made up for it.

And I don't even like chess.

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, gianmarco said:
1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

I saw news that a new season of Gomorrah is coming out...somewhere...Sundance?

I think it had watchers here... @gianmarco as a suburra fan for sure.

Haven't seen it yet. Will need to watch

I started a thread about it when it started. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2021 at 11:21 AM, soothsayer said:

Lupin on Netflix is excellent. 

season 2, coming June 11th

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2020 at 11:23 AM, Juxtatarot said:

My Octopus Teacher on Netflix is pretty good. It’s a true story about a man who falls in love with an octopus.

I caught this last weekend and it is very strange but worth a watch. Just won the Oscar for best documentary. 

Not only does the man fall in love with the octopus, but the octopus falls in love with him! This relationship lasts almost a year. Crazy

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Ok ok ok.

Started while the wife was out last night. 

Yep. It's definitely good.

Are you stalking me or something? I watched the first few episodes last night as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Are you stalking me or something? I watched the first few episodes last night as well.

Who you calling a stalker, stalker.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Who you calling a stalker, stalker.

I’m calling you a stalker, stalker stalker.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

"Your Honor"

man, i love Cranston - would watch him watching paint dry - which probably would've given me more thrills than this series. such a letdown. 

:kicksrock:

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, The General said:

Whoever mentioned "Loudermilk" on Amazon, thanks. We are cruising through this one.

That was me. You're welcome.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:oldunsure:

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Finally got around to watching more of the animated Harley Quinn show on HBOMax that Kaley Cuoco does the voice on. Pretty hilarious, like a Family Guy, South Park, Rick & Morty, Archer or many other twisted modern animated shows take on the DCU. Honestly its a heck of a lot better than the live action Harley Quinn & the Birds of Prey movie turned out.

Edited by Buckna
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, otb_lifer said:

"Your Honor"

man, i love Cranston - would watch him watching paint dry - which probably would've given me more thrills than this series. such a letdown. 

:kicksrock:

Yup. Couldn’t make it through this.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Been watching Queen of the South the last couple weeks.  40 minute episodes so go by pretty fast but 13 episodes each season.  Some times gets a little carried away but interesting and holds our attention.  Warning of nudity at start of each episode but havent seen any yet 😡

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Buckna said:

Finally got around to watching more of the animated Harley Quinn show on HBOMax that Kaley Cuoco does the voice on. Pretty hilarious, like a Family Guy, South Park, Rick & Morty, Archer or many other twisted modern animated shows take on the DCU. Honestly its a heck of a lot better than the live action Harley Quinn & the Birds of Prey movie turned out.

Based on your post I just watched an episode while inhaling my lunch before my next meeting - yet another damn show to watch, but fortunately this is exactly the kind where I don't mind putting it on more  for background noise and not worried about paying real close attention

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, The General said:

Whoever mentioned "Loudermilk" on Amazon, thanks. We are cruising through this one.

It's solid but as was mentioned before, the Cutter stuff is the worst part so far. I'm on episode 8 now and that story line is the only thing I don't like at all. It's just not funny like everything else. 

Edited by stbugs
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It's solid but as was mentioned before, the Cutter stuff is the worst part so far. I'm on episode 8 now and that story line is the only thing I don't like at all. It's just not funny like everything else. 

Yeah that storyline is a bit weird.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stbugs said:

It's solid but as was mentioned before, the Cutter stuff is the worst part so far. I'm on episode 8 now and that story line is the only thing I don't like at all. It's just not funny like everything else. 

That story line is the one flaw, they must have realized it as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2021 at 3:25 PM, bcat01 said:

Heard a review on the radio that it is good, but very tough to watch.

I started Underground Railroad last night. Tough to watch is accurate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member


×
×
  • Create New...