Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)

KCC

Posted (edited)

The Underground Railroad

I'm 2 episodes in. I think acting is outstanding. There are a lot of long quiet visuals, especially in ep 1, that I don't care for. Story is interesting. I'll continue watching. 

Edit - In the end I think this was a little more artsy fartsy than I usually go for. Well acted IMO but not something I'd watch again. 

Edited by brun

16 hours ago, CGRdrJoe said:

That story line is the one flaw, they must have realized it as well

I assume now that I’m on season 2 that they just decided to end that entire story line.

Line Of Duty  - Seasons 5 & 6   (Streaming on Brit Box)

I know a lot of people have watched this series and like it, it's a favorite in our house. 

Brit Box will begin showing Seasons 5 & 6 (along with S1-S4) beginning May 18th.  Previously to my knowledge only Seasons 1-4 had been available on Prime and maybe also on NetFlix.

Brit Box doesn't have enough programing to pay for repeat months of service, but it should be noted that it's only $6.99 per month and it's well worth a single month of binge viewing with what they have, and certainly worth the 7 day free trial.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 8:34 PM, CGRdrJoe said:

First episode of loudermilk is up there with any tv show, there was one dump plot line with cutter and the stand in guy but damn that is 3 seasons of great entertainment 

I'm watching the episodes now which are heavy with the Cutter & Tom story line. This plot line is enough to ruin my enjoyment of the show. So, it is worth sticking with? How long do these two stay as a major part of the plot?

16 minutes ago, northern exposure said:

I'm watching the episodes now which are heavy with the Cutter & Tom story line. This plot line is enough to ruin my enjoyment of the show. So, it is worth sticking with? How long do these two stay as a major part of the plot?

I think it is, season 2 and season 3 are as good as the start of season 1. They don’t play a part in it after season 1.

First episode of Loudermilk was ok. I'll give it another episode.

It was kinda dumb though in the beginning. He did say ladies first to the girl at the coffee shop and should have let her order first. I mean, she should have said she has a lot to order at the register but still, he let her go first in the door.

45 minutes ago, jamny said:

It was kinda dumb though in the beginning. He did say ladies first to the girl at the coffee shop and should have let her order first. I mean, she should have said she has a lot to order at the register but still, he let her go first in the door.

Her explanation for what he did made sense. Also, it was kind of a Larry David CYE moment at the register. I said ladies first at the door, you should have returned the favor when we ordered.

50 minutes ago, jamny said:

150% disagree on who should be ordering first and something that pisses me off all the time. However, I don’t open my trap and just stand in line pissed off 

• Laughing 1

10 minutes ago, northern exposure said:

Her explanation for what he did made sense. Also, it was kind of a Larry David CYE moment at the register. I said ladies first at the door, you should have returned the favor when we ordered.

I think that's what should have happened but you relinquish that decision when you allow someone into the store ahead of you. Unless, of course, they are really dawdling and don't go right to the counter.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Tony Jabroni said:

The Little Things.

Denzel, Ramie Malek, Jared Leto.

Outfreakinstanding. Loved it.

Really? It was a struggle to make it through. Glad it was free. 

Edited by stbugs
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Tony Jabroni said:

The Little Things.

Denzel, Ramie Malek, Jared Leto.

Outfreakinstanding. Loved it.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Wanted to like it more than I did, so I watched it twice.

Ditto on the free.

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

Yeah. Leto was good, but the story was not. Felt like a waste of time watching it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, identikit said:

Wanted to like it more than I did, so I watched it twice.

Ditto on the free.

You should check it out a few more times just to make sure.

• Laughing 3

5 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

You should check it out a few more times just to make sure.

What can I say, I'm a rewatchable kind of guy

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jamny said:

I rarely rewatch movies I like! :lmao: 

The world is in complete balance with you and I still living.

Edited by identikit
  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Posted (edited)

I thought the Nevers season 1 finale was fantastic - or perhaps it is the half-season 1 finale?  In any event, I see the show is mostly negatively reviewed, but haven't read any of the reviews yet.  I get that the plot is a bit disjointed, with lots of characters, and I'm sure there are a few big plot holes. I suppose that is most likely what the critics don't like about it.  For me, great show and I'm looking forward to the next set up episodes.

Edit: Regarding the finale, I'm sure I'm not the only viewer who paused 5 minutes into the final episode last night to make sure I was on the right show.  Great writing imo, good acting - loved it.

Edited by CletiusMaximus
  • Thinking 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2021 at 9:08 AM, CletiusMaximus said:

I thought the Nevers season 1 finale was fantastic - or perhaps it is the half-season 1 finale?  In any event, I see the show is mostly negatively reviewed, but haven't read any of the reviews yet.  I get that the plot is a bit disjointed, with lots of characters, and I'm sure there are a few big plot holes. I suppose that is most likely what the critics don't like about it.  For me, great show and I'm looking forward to the next set up episodes.

Edit: Regarding the finale, I'm sure I'm not the only viewer who paused 5 minutes into the final episode last night to make sure I was on the right show.  Great writing imo, good acting - loved it.

Thought it was great as well, also had to pause to check it was the right show. I figure a lot of people will hate that episode and think it seemed massively out of left field but it perfectly fits with what they setup in the first episode and a lot of the hinted at dialogue in the earlier episodes. After the first few minutes I was thinking they were going for a “The 4400” angle (for those familiar with that sci-fi show) and it didn’t disappoint.

Love seeing Claudia Black in anything as well, she played the grizzled soldier to a “T.” This was the half season finale, going to be a long wait for part 2. They filmed episodes 5 & 6 last September I believe so probably looking at least at early/mid 2022 for a likely air date.

Edited by Buckna
  • Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 2:24 PM, Capella said:

@The Gator take a day off from Hell’s Kitchen and watch Ramsey Behind Bars. On Prime. Excellent series about attempting to rehab inmates through starting a business. 

Watched the first one and I liked it, but I need more focus on food or cooking dishes. 

Also, I really need to get at least one of these per episode-

"YOU, YOU, YOU, AND YOU GET OUT"

*last chef almost out of the kitchen*

"HEY, YOU!"

*last chef stops"

"#### OFF UP STAIRS!"

:lmao:

• Laughing 1

22 hours ago, kodycutter said:

For anyone who enjoyed the series Undercover on Netflix, they put out a movie on Ferry's character as a prequel, aptly named Ferry.  I enjoyed it.

I enjoyed S1 of Undercover.  S2 not so much.  Saw the previews for this and was hard to get past his rug :) 

Maybe I should try it. his character has potential.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jobarules said:

Halfway thru Jupiter's Legacy. Not sure I can keep going. Very boring and drawn out so far.

Yeah, whoever said it was better than Invincible has an issue with taste. Thanks watched a few and have very little interest in finishing it. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2021 at 1:33 PM, CGRdrJoe said:

I think it is, season 2 and season 3 are as good as the start of season 1. They don’t play a part in it after season 1.

I thought episode 7 of season 3 of Loudermilk was really great. The ironic part of my watch is that I partake in cocktails and watch in 4 episode blocks. 

Edited by JB Breakfast Club
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yeah, whoever said it was better than Invincible has an issue with taste. Thanks watched a few and have very little interest in finishing it. 

I think the initial episode of Jupiter’s was better, but right now I’m in the middle and it is a little draggy, the  Grapes of Wrath parts in particular.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rustoleum said:

I think the initial episode of Jupiter’s was better, but right now I’m in the middle and it is a little draggy, the  Grapes of Wrath parts in particular.

The first 80% of episode 1 of Invincible was lame. The last 20% and each subsequent episode were awesome. 

Edited by JB Breakfast Club
  • Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 10:48 AM, The Gator said:

Watched the first one and I liked it, but I need more focus on food or cooking dishes. 

Also, I really need to get at least one of these per episode-

"YOU, YOU, YOU, AND YOU GET OUT"

*last chef almost out of the kitchen*

"HEY, YOU!"

*last chef stops"

"#### OFF UP STAIRS!"

:lmao:

I love it when they beg to stay. Veins almost popping out of his head GET. OUT. “But chef I really want to cook” :lmao: 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

The first 80% of episode 1 of Invincible was lame. The last 20% and each subsequent episode were awesome. 

I definitely wouldn’t call it lame, just an awesome setup. One of my favorite parts that I think a lot of people missed was the White House security guy at the start who took his son to London. Besides his friend who just waved everyone in to the White House, when Mark got his powers, the garbage bag he threw was what killed the person next to the security guy and son in front of Buckingham Palace. I wasn’t paying attention at all the first outside of knowing it was them. After watching it again with my son I noticed the Burger Mart, or whatever it was, boxes that spilled out around the blood.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

I thought episode 7 of season 3 of Loudermilk was really great. The ironic part of my watch is that I partake in cocktails and watch in 4 episode blocks. 

Brian regan really brings it the last few episodes of season 3.

On 5/14/2021 at 10:39 AM, brun said:

The Underground Railroad

I'm 2 episodes in. I think acting is outstanding. There are a lot of long quiet visuals, especially in ep 1, that I don't care for. Story is interesting. I'll continue watching. 

Edit - In the end I think this was a little more artsy fartsy than I usually go for. Well acted IMO but not something I'd watch again. 

Made it through two episodes and not digging it.  Thought episode one was ok and was expecting more like that and then episode two it felt like we missed an entire episode.  Not sure if we will continue watching

• Like 1

16 hours ago, identikit said:

About 40% done with Loudermilk.

Loving it.

Cutter arc was uncomfortably difficult though.

I am on the last episode of Season 1. I have to skip through the Cutter parts of each episode because he is enough to make me quit watching the show. He just gets worse as the season goes on.

1 minute ago, northern exposure said:

I am on the last episode of Season 1. I have to skip through the Cutter parts of each episode because he is enough to make me quit watching the show. He just gets worse as the season goes on.

He'll be gone in moments for you.

3 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

What should I watch next (just finished Season 5 of The Expanse):

Mare of Easttown (I watched Episode 1 last night, and was not drawn in really -- does it get better?)

The Boys

Queen's Gambit

Lovecraft Country

Away

The Boys or Queen's Gambit I would say. Watch them both, you decide in what order.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Mare of Easttown (I watched Episode 1 last night, and was not drawn in really -- does it get better?)

The Boys

Queen's Gambit

Lovecraft Country

Away

Those two are great.

56 minutes ago, northern exposure said:

Thanks to you guys, I skipped through the Cutter parts too. On to S2

1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

The Boys

Queen's Gambit

Lovecraft Country

Away

The Boys and Queens Gambit are both amazing

Watching The Sons of Sam documentary on Netflix. Really good so far after 2 episodes. I honestly don't know much about this story other than the basics so it's interesting to me.

On 5/20/2021 at 8:38 PM, identikit said:

About 40% done with Loudermilk.

Loving it.

Cutter arc was uncomfortably difficult though.

Finished this one this morning.

So so good.

Even if Season 3 is the last, the end was very good.

On 5/3/2021 at 9:41 PM, CGRdrJoe said:
On 5/2/2021 at 8:09 PM, CGRdrJoe said:

3 episodes in and hooked, Peter Farrelly nailed this show. 

Sam Loudermilk is a rehab counselor who is an unfiltered jerk to his clients, his friends, and any random person he interacts with. A recovering alcoholic, Loudermilk is somewhat nicer to his best friend and (usually) sober sponsor, Ben Burns.

Expand  

Season 3, Brian Regan brings some serious acting skills to the show. I know I’m mostly talking to myself here but damn this show is amazing 

I want to give credit where credits due...I wouldn't have watched without DrJoes repeated insistence about the show.

Im mostly trlhrough S2...really great.

• Like 1