What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (10 Viewers)

gianmarco said:
Watching The Sons of Sam documentary on Netflix. Really good so far after 2 episodes. I honestly don't know much about this story other than the basics so it's interesting to me.
Very interesting throughout.  

gianmarco said:
Watching The Sons of Sam documentary on Netflix. Really good so far after 2 episodes. I honestly don't know much about this story other than the basics so it's interesting to me.
Will be interested in your final review.  I want to watch, but I'm assuming it's 5-6 episodes so seems like it would be drawn out.  Why can't anyone make a 2 hour documentary any more?

Will be interested in your final review.  I want to watch, but I'm assuming it's 5-6 episodes so seems like it would be drawn out.  Why can't anyone make a 2 hour documentary any more?
Yea I watched the first 45 minutes and saw there was a bunch more and never went back. It’s just too much. I agree, make it a tight two. 

We finished the first season of Last Tango in Halifax. It's a good show. A little more family drama than we're used to watching but the characters are all interesting and it's a nice change of pace from our current rewatch of the Sopranos and Deadwood. 
Almost done with season 3. Best one yet. The characters, acting, and writing are top notch, IMO. Season 2 had a bit of a lull but the finale was great. Since then, every episode is great.

Last Tango in Halifax is really a wonderful show. Highly recommend.

This got worse and worse as it's gone along. I think we have 1 EP left...the penultimate episode is flat out ridiculously terrible.
I actually gave up The Stand and didn't watch the last 3 I think. Too bad, love the novel. 

Really into Legion on Hulu (originally ran on FX); different tone than other Marvel properties but I find it wildly imaginative. Bizarre in a fun, inventive way. I've watched a bunch of them twice. Showrunner Noah Hawley also did Fargo and I think he was recently tapped to do a series based on the Alien franchise. Very talented guy. 

I actually gave up The Stand and didn't watch the last 3 I think. Too bad, love the novel. 

Really into Legion on Hulu (originally ran on FX); different tone than other Marvel properties but I find it wildly imaginative. Bizarre in a fun, inventive way. I've watched a bunch of them twice. Showrunner Noah Hawley also did Fargo and I think he was recently tapped to do a series based on the Alien franchise. Very talented guy. 
I watched the first season or two of Legion. I thought the first season was flat out brilliant. I can't even tell you why I didn't keep watching...lack of time I think. Also, iirc, I loved the uncertainty/nebulousness between the mental illness and a bizarro reality. And iirc as well, it became a superhero show, which doesn't interest me much.

this ZeroZeroZero is something.  4 episodes in. 

and my wife has me watching Bosch on Amazon since she read the books. really terrible, cliched intro of the main character as rebel cop who doesn't take orders from anyone. my Spidey senses tell me this is going to be awful, but she's already 100% in after 2 episodes.

weird seeing Marlo and Daniels from The Wire in it.

and my wife has me watching Bosch on Amazon since she read the books. really terrible, cliched intro of the main character as rebel cop who doesn't take orders from anyone. my Spidey senses tell me this is going to be awful, but she's already 100% in after 2 episodes.

I've posted in here before but I love Bosch. Its nothing new or anything - just a really well done cop show. 

Bosch is terrible.

I kept trying because it has its fans here... But your spider senses are accurate.

the "this guy is a rebel! and you can tell by his bad attitude towards management and how he just wantonly does whatever he wants!!" angle came on so thick and blatantly in ep. 1

subtle as a hammer to the face
Subtle it ain't. Creative it ain't. Well written or acted...ain't.

But its a cop show, and there are worse cop shows out there. So there's that.

the "this guy is a rebel! and you can tell by his bad attitude towards management and how he just wantonly does whatever he wants!!" angle came on so thick and blatantly in ep. 1

subtle as a hammer to the face
 I also gave up on Bosch after a couple of episodes. It just seems to play out more as a typical TV sitcom cop  show with wooden characters and cliched dialogue than what I expected out of a TV mini-series.

I'LL HAVE YOUR BADGE BOSCH!!!! - exasperated Sgt.  

I powered through, but it is exactly how you described.

I watch a lot of bad TV

If you haven't watched Mare of Easttown, catch up now. Finale Sunday. It should win ALL of the awards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm in the minority but I'm done with Loudermilk after 2 episodes. He's a dbag and the druggie girl is annoying af.

I guess I'm in the minority but I'm done with Loudermilk after 2 episodes. He's a dbag and the druggie girl is annoying af.
It's like Curb your Enthusiasm in that the lead is the unfiltered character that gets to say what most people think, but wouldn't ever say for being considered a jerk.

For some reason that bugged me in Curbed, but not here. Totally enjoying Loudermilk.

It's like Curb your Enthusiasm in that the lead is the unfiltered character that gets to say what most people think, but wouldn't ever say for being considered a jerk.

For some reason that bugged me in Curbed, but not here. Totally enjoying Loudermilk.
I love Curb and Larry is usually right. On this show, as I mentioned earlier, he was wrong at the coffee shop and in the second episode he asked how far away something was and then rails on the guy because he said "as the crow flies" I would have punched him in the face if I was that guy.

A couple of laughs, not enough to keep watching.

So now we're rating a comedy show because of whether it's 'right' or 'wrong' on social interactions?

Maybe we need a poll to figure out the 'rightness.'

It's a comedy TV show, people.

So now we're rating a comedy show because of whether it's 'right' or 'wrong' on social interactions?

Maybe we need a poll to figure out the 'rightness.'

It's a comedy TV show, people.
He's just explaining why he doesn't like the humor, not making some grand objective statement.

Huh. I like it, and there's a lot of good- particularly Winslet...but it never genuinely elevated to upper tier for me. And I found this last episode a bit cheap and manipulative in how it was written and directed.
I was iffy on it after the first episode. But from the second one on I just felt totally sucked into the world they created like few shows have ever done for me.

I like it a lot. Don't know if it's winning anything but I kinda rank it somewhere between Sharp Objects & S1 of True Detective.
Couldn't make it past Ep1 of Sharp Objects. If they stick the landing then I'd put Mare right up with True Detective S1.

Users who are viewing this thread