Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)

KCC

6 hours ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

It was a great show.

Stacey Keach having a late career rebound playing grumpy old men on sitcoms is one of the stranger second acts I have ever seen. 

He was hysterical as Papa Titus. Every time he was on the screen or had a line was just :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Buckna said:

He was hysterical as Papa Titus. Every time he was on the screen or had a line was just :lol:

And don't forget about him as the gay potential father in law to Charlie Harper in Two and a Half Men.....

• Like 1

So who killed sara is the highest rated international show on Netflix ever, I watched like two episodes of it.  It's a Mexican soap opera.  I don't get it.  The girls aren't even that hot, which is I thought was the draw of this genre.  

• Like 1

I binged the first 4 episodes of Hacks on HBO and give it thumbsup.  Its not my kind of thing, but I gave it a chanced and enjoyed it.  Some good laughs and enough to get me looking forward to seeing this season out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nick Vermeil said:

Probably too much gay sex for everyone in here except El Floppo, but Halston is pretty damn good. 

Thanks for the heads up. The tip. So to speak.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

On 5/23/2021 at 8:15 PM, Rattle and Hum said:

Master of None 3.1 was about as fun as a colonoscopy. 

Although not frequently funny, the season was so well written and filmed. I thought Naomi Ackie was fantastic too.    

• Like 1

13 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Huh. I like it, and there's a lot of good- particularly Winslet...but it never genuinely elevated to upper tier for me. And I found this last episode a bit cheap and manipulative in how it was written and directed.

Agreed.  It is trying too hard.

6 hours ago, culdeus said:

So who killed sara is the highest rated international show on Netflix ever, I watched like two episodes of it.  It's a Mexican soap opera.  I don't get it.  The girls aren't even that hot, which is I thought was the draw of this genre.  

same reason soccer is #1 across the world.

• Thinking 1

The Upshaws

Sitcom on Netflix with Mike Epps, Wanda Sykes, and Kim Fields. It's surprisingly decent and since it's on Netflix, they have more freedom with their language and no commercials (obvi). If you were a fan of shows like Martin, you might like this one. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, leftcoastguy7 said:

King of Queens is now on Peacock. It has been totally reformatted, upscaled, updated for high def. It is weird seeing a show filmed in 1998 look like it's in 4K.

Anyway I like Leah Remini so totally bingeable. 

Wasn't it the first sit-com shot in HD? 

Watched the Friends reunion on HBOMax.  Good fun - if you liked Friends in the first place.

A little sad seeing Matthew Perry who is a shell of his former self, after quite a few rough years.

Matt LeBlanc - living large, still seems like he is having fun.

David Schwimmer was the only character I never really liked, and the reunion show did not change that.  Always seemed to try too hard.

It was interesting to see the juxtaposition of the stars when they were younger to now - a stark reminder that time has moved on for us all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Watched the Friends reunion on HBOMax.  Good fun - if you liked Friends in the first place.

A little sad seeing Matthew Perry who is a shell of his former self, after quite a few rough years.

David Schwimmer was the only character I never really liked, and the reunion show did not change that.  Always seemed to try too hard.

It was interesting to see the juxtaposition of the stars when they were younger to now - a stark reminder that time has moved on for us all.

He was the worst part of Band of Brothers too.  Horrible miscasting.  

4 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Watched it as well last night.  I had low expectations going in, so it was better than I expected.

Matt LeBlanc seems like a cool dude to grab a beer with, but I don't think I'd want to spend any time personally with the rest.

All of the plastic was distracting.

3 hours ago, Bull Dozier said:

Matt LeBlanc seems like a cool dude to grab a beer with, 

I've thought that too. I really liked Episodes...he played himself. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2021 at 4:46 AM, Sinn Fein said:

Ross was the villain of Friends. Joey was the hero.

Edited by facook
  • Like 2

Jupiter's Legacy on Netflix 

Does this season wrap up well? I'm on episode 5 of 8 and it's draaaaaaaaaaaaaggging. I want to finish the season but it's a struggle. 

Please tell me it gets better.

8 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

Does this season wrap up well? I'm on episode 5 of 8 and it's draaaaaaaaaaaaaggging. I want to finish the season but it's a struggle. 

There is a "twist" at the end but overall its pretty bad. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

No I wasted my time. The whole series could've been done in 2 episodes. It was a drag and boring as hell.

1 hour ago, eoMMan said:

It wraps up pretty well IMO, but if you aren’t enjoying it right now I doubt anything in the last couple of episodes will change your mind. 

6 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Wrapped up Loudermilk.

It's pretty great...thanks to the good Dr for pimping it repeatedly.

Will there be another season? 

I hope so

On 5/28/2021 at 12:20 PM, Scoresman said:

He's basically Ross/himself in every role he plays, just brutal.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Rustoleum said:

New episodes of Ragnarok are out on Netflix for anyone who watched the first season. It’s kinda Norwegian YA TV,  but I liked it for what it is.

Liked Season 1.  I'm 5 episodes into season 2, so far not bad.  Fun show to pass time.

Edited by Peak

20 minutes ago, zoonation said:

Mare of Easttown is the best mini series since True Detective season 1.  Outstanding.  

Wife and I watched the first two episodes today - seems like one we will make time for and get through rather quickly for us, which means finishing all 7 episodes within the next two weeks.

On 5/28/2021 at 10:20 AM, Scoresman said:

Been discussed many times before but he was perfect for that role. The real Richard Winters was asked after BoB first aired if Sobel was as big an ####### as Ross portrayed him and his response was “worse.”

Worst casting by far was Jimmy Fallon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Anyone watch Panic?  I'm sort of interested.

Got about 5 minutes in and pulled the plug. More a question of not being in the mood for dumb teen stuff.

On 5/30/2021 at 11:43 AM, thecatch said:

It wraps up pretty well IMO, but if you aren’t enjoying it right now I doubt anything in the last couple of episodes will change your mind. 

Finally finished Jupiter's Legacy....the season finale was actually pretty good and it's amazing how good of an episode it was considering it was less than 40 minutes long. 

But then again, I think that says a lot about how bad all of the other episodes were. They needed to ditch the back and forth from past storyline to current storyline. And more Blackstar. Didn't mind Chloe or Leslie Bibb.

Yeah, I can't recommend this show. 

20 hours ago, zoonation said:

Mare of Easttown is the best mini series since True Detective season 1.  Outstanding.  

It really was a great show. One of the best things on TV over the past several years, imo.

3 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

Finally finished Jupiter's Legacy....the season finale was actually pretty good and it's amazing how good of an episode it was considering it was less than 40 minutes long. 

But then again, I think that says a lot about how bad all of the other episodes were. They needed to ditch the back and forth from past storyline to current storyline. And more Blackstar. Didn't mind Chloe or Leslie Bibb.

Yeah, I can't recommend this show. 

I get the criticism but I enjoyed it.  About an 8/10 for me - and I am normally a tough critic on superhero stuff

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Jupiter’s Legacy cancelled

Lol. My wife and I were like 2 or 3 episodes in. Not going to bother wasting my time now.

I swear Netflix is creating their own messed up feedback loops. They won’t give more seasons to anything that isn’t a big immediate hit, which is also why I refuse to really start watching their brand new series. I don’t want to get invested in a show only to have to cancelled after one season. So I wait to start watching a show. And if a bunch of people do the same thing, then Netflix just keeps canceling everything.

They really need to commit to at least 2 seasons of shows before cancelling. That or stop releasing every series by the season all at once. Give shows a chance to build up an audience.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Lol. My wife and I were like 2 or 3 episodes in. Not going to bother wasting my time now.

I swear Netflix is creating their own messed up feedback loops. They won’t give more seasons to anything that isn’t a big immediate hit, which is also why I refuse to really start watching their brand new series. I don’t want to get invested in a show only to have to cancelled after one season. So I wait to start watching a show. And if a bunch of people do the same thing, then Netflix just keeps canceling everything.

They really need to commit to at least 2 seasons of shows before cancelling. That or stop releasing every series by the season all at once. Give shows a chance to build up an audience.

This show sucked. That's why it was canceled. They have tons of series with multiple seasons. 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 8:20 PM, kodycutter said:

StartUp - netflix 3 seasons.      just started into season 2, binging.   it's been good.

Liked StartUp. I read there's a 4th season coming

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

I agree.  What makes it more interesting is they sunk good money into millar-verse and cancelled the first show under that umbrella after one season.

probably should have kept with it

they have decided to do a new show based on villains that would exist in that world

42 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I agree.  What makes it more interesting is they sunk good money into millar-verse and cancelled the first show under that umbrella after one season.

probably should have kept with it

they have decided to do a new show based on villains that would exist in that world

I was surprised that they spent so much on the show given that I’d never even heard of it until it just popped up on my list of recommended shows one day. Seems like they could have marketed it a bit better.