What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (4 Viewers)

Mad Men tomorrow!!
overrated (clapclap clapclapclap)
:lmao: Not really.
I tried twice to get into this show, and the second time around I made it as far as episode 9.What is so appealing? Is it the "mystery" of Don Draper? We know exactly what his deal is, and there is more per minute mystery and intrigue in an episode of Blue's Clues. I mean I kind of appreciate MM's attempt to be all artsy with lighting, furniture, and all the period props, but there’s nothing particularly compelling about it. It just tries to hard. IMO It’s really just a stale recycling of the cultural lessons we’ve learned about the 60's over and over again.
You think this show is a mystery?
Yes. It's not? I know you defend this show like no other, but do tell me what you enjoy so much about it. I suppose it is ok but why it is nominated for all these Emmys is beyond me.To whoever suggested Winter's Bone - Thanks, this is an outstanding movie.

'oukurt said:
Mad Men tomorrow!!
I tried twice to get into this show, and the second time around I made it as far as episode 9.What is so appealing? Is it the "mystery" of Don Draper? We know exactly what his deal is, and there is more per minute mystery and intrigue in an episode of Blue's Clues. I mean I kind of appreciate MM's attempt to be all artsy with lighting, furniture, and all the period props, but there’s nothing particularly compelling about it. It just tries to hard. IMO It’s really just a stale recycling of the cultural lessons we’ve learned about the 60's over and over again.
Yes. It's not? I know you defend this show like no other, but do tell me what you enjoy so much about it. I suppose it is ok but why it is nominated for all these Emmys is beyond me.
:lmao: Jesus, dude.

Anyone try watching Winter's Bone yet? Me and the wife tried to watch it yesterday and the stream is all screwed up... just wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

'Tiger Fan said:
if anyone was a fan of wrestling growing up, there are loads of wrestling videos. Just watched the Chris Jericho documentary :thumbup:
Tons of them on their. Check out Bret Hart Wrestling with Shadows. Very good one behind the scenes with Bret and the Montreal Screw Job. Still can't tell if it was a work or if it was reality that they made into a work over the years.The Hardy Boyz was a good one too. Didn't realize Matt Hardy started his own Wrestling league before he got his brother and friends into the WWF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends told me to watch The League when it first started. I never got around to it until last night. First four episodes were hilarious. Will watch the final two of season one soon.

Hopefully season 2 is available before too long.

Started catching up on Mad Men season 4, wasn't sure how I liked it the first few episodes but it is outstanding now. Way better than season 3 so far (maybe because there's a lot less Betty.)

The Hooker that Draper keeps ordering in the first 3 episodes of season 4 is the same actress that played Spartacus' wife which was discussed at length earlier in this thread. :thumbup:

Friends told me to watch The League when it first started. I never got around to it until last night. First four episodes were hilarious. Will watch the final two of season one soon.Hopefully season 2 is available before too long.
hilarious :thumbup:

Mad Men tomorrow!!
I tried twice to get into this show, and the second time around I made it as far as episode 9.What is so appealing? Is it the "mystery" of Don Draper? We know exactly what his deal is, and there is more per minute mystery and intrigue in an episode of Blue's Clues. I mean I kind of appreciate MM's attempt to be all artsy with lighting, furniture, and all the period props, but there's nothing particularly compelling about it. It just tries to hard. IMO It's really just a stale recycling of the cultural lessons we've learned about the 60's over and over again.
Yes. It's not? I know you defend this show like no other, but do tell me what you enjoy so much about it. I suppose it is ok but why it is nominated for all these Emmys is beyond me.To whoever suggested Winter's Bone - Thanks, this is an outstanding movie.
Pretty goodflick, caught it last night. Definitely recommend.

Took a Mad Men break last night and watched some Trainspotting. Still love that movie. I just can't watch the crib scene, I look away until she is asking for a hit of heroin.

Watched the first 2 episodes of The Hard Times of RJ Berger. It's average at best so far.
When I finally watched it, I ended up watching the first season pretty much in the same day / night. I was :lmao: when that chick that likes RJ said to him "you can have me any time... any place... any oriface."I really like it because even though it usually ends up that he doesn't get the secks, he always does the right thing in the end. I am a sucker for shows like that, and I think they are somewhat rare these days.

Took a Mad Men break last night and watched some Trainspotting. Still love that movie. I just can't watch the crib scene, I look away until she is asking for a hit of heroin.
I went to see this in the theatre in college. My friends and I had some cronic before we went. During that scene, it made me sick so I got out of my seat and walked to the lobby. I went to the bathroom and splashed cold water on my face. I walked outside. It was cold, but not quite winter. I was standing ouside the theatre, and leaning up against a metal railing.Next thing I know, I open my eyes, and I see the ground sideways. I passed out and my head was on the concrete. I got up. Went in the theatre. Told my 2 friends I was sick. Walked home and went to bed immediately. My friends at that time I believe determined I was a JP, and talked to me maybe 1 time after that. I've still never seen the rest of the movie.

The Ritchie Boys

A documentary that recounts the story of 10 Jewish intellectuals who were expelled from Nazi Germany, only to return during World War II to use their intimate knowledge of the country to wreak psychological havoc on Hitler's Nazi forces. They were trained at Maryland's Camp Ritchie. One of the best documentarys I ve seen. 8/10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends told me to watch The League when it first started. I never got around to it until last night. First four episodes were hilarious. Will watch the final two of season one soon.Hopefully season 2 is available before too long.
Season 2 is available on Hulu

'BroncoFreak_2K3 said:
The Richie Boys

A documentary that recounts the story of 10 Jewish intellectuals who were expelled from Nazi Germany, only to return during World War II to use their intimate knowledge of the country to wreak psychological havoc on Hitler's Nazi forces. They were trained at Maryland's Camp Ritchie. One of the best documentarys I ve seen. 8/10.
The Ritchie Boys

If Mad Men is a mystery, then Star Wars was a docudrama.
Ok I was about to adjust the knob on Tufnel's Marshall sarcasm amplifier to eleven for you and McJose, but I will just let it go and thank you guys for clarifying that Mad Men is not a mystery for me.

'PizzaDeliveryGuy said:
Clay Pigeons and Fallen are both pretty solid. So is Sukiyaki Western Django if you enjoy that genre.
I can't resist stopping to watch Clay Pigeons and Fallen when I come across them. Really like Vince Vaughn in Clay Pigeons. Going to give Sukiyaki Western Django a go now.

'PizzaDeliveryGuy said:
Clay Pigeons and Fallen are both pretty solid. So is Sukiyaki Western Django if you enjoy that genre.
I was underwhelmed by SWDjango.All 3 flicks you name are amazingly different, but for a Denzel movie, Fallen is very underrated, and Clay Pigeons is just all around awesome.

If Mad Men is a mystery, then Star Wars was a docudrama.
Ok I was about to adjust the knob on Tufnel's Marshall sarcasm amplifier to eleven for you and McJose, but I will just let it go and thank you guys for clarifying that Mad Men is not a mystery for me.
I haven't seen a backpedal that bad since Elvis Patterson.
If you were on our side you would understand. It's like trying to convince that rainbow fist guy that Republicans have good ideas.

For a show where nothing really ever happens, Mad Men does get what could be considered an annoying amount of press.

But if you can't appreciate the brilliant acting, writing and subtle plot developments for what they are, you should probably stick to more accessible shows with laughtracks or maybe reality shows.

For a show where nothing really ever happens, Mad Men does get what could be considered an annoying amount of press.

But if you can't appreciate the brilliant acting, writing and subtle plot developments for what they are, you should probably stick to more accessible shows with laughtracks or maybe reality shows.
:confused: Are you talking about car chases and smoke-monsters and crap?

For a show where nothing really ever happens, Mad Men does get what could be considered an annoying amount of press.But if you can't appreciate the brilliant acting, writing and subtle plot developments for what they are, you should probably stick to more accessible shows with laughtracks or maybe reality shows.
:goodposting: I LAUGH at people that LAUGH at LAUGHTRACKS!

Been going through the last 20 pages and adding a ton of stuff to my queue for a few weeks now. Just saying :thumbup: to the recommendations.

Mad Men is a show driven by the characters and character development. It's not for everyone, but if you can appreciate the artistic subtlety to it it can become a favorite show. I always likened it to a John Steinbeck novel (specifically East of Eden - my favorite) where you don't need tremendous heart stopping plot developments every episode to make it a good watch.

Top 10 show of all time for me.

So I've been watching back seasons of 24, and really enjoying it, but Season 4 is really ridiculous. It's only been 13 hours so far, and Keifer Sutherland must have killed at least 200 people. It's like watching one of those old John Woo films, Hardboiled.

So I've been watching back seasons of 24, and really enjoying it, but Season 4 is really ridiculous. It's only been 13 hours so far, and Keifer Sutherland must have killed at least 200 people. It's like watching one of those old John Woo films, Hardboiled.
my second favorite after season 1 :thumbup:

Great movie. That baby gives me nightmares.
Just watched Trainspotting...disturbing crib scene. Couldnt imagine what it would have been like if I did know ahead of time :shock:
Am I the only one who laughed when the baby showed up during the detox scene?

Users who are viewing this thread