Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)


KCC

Recommended Posts

On 6/12/2021 at 7:43 PM, RC94 said:

Aside from Netflix and Amazon, what are everyone's favorite streaming services?

I am 95% movies.   For me it's:

Amazon, Starz add on for Amazon, HBO, and Criterion/Kanopy.   

I really don't like Hulu much, but they do have a handful of movies, and Disney would just be for Marvel/SW stuff, but I don't get much new out of them.  Similar with NF - I find a handful of new movies, but mostly it's stuff I've seen.  The main three I listed for me has the best mix of seen/new and classics/current.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

I am 95% movies.   For me it's:

Amazon, Starz add on for Amazon, HBO, and Criterion/Kanopy.   

I really don't like Hulu much, but they do have a handful of movies, and Disney would just be for Marvel/SW stuff, but I don't get much new out of them.  Similar with NF - I find a handful of new movies, but mostly it's stuff I've seen.  The main three I listed for me has the best mix of seen/new and classics/current.   

Anything worth watching on Starz right now (movies mostly, but series as well)? They're offering me the channel at $5/month for 3 month to come back, debating doing it if they've added enough movies that I'd want to watch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Sand said:

Somehow found Everest - Beyond the Limit on Prime.  Pretty awesome show, at least the first two seasons.

Medvetz made that show.  Interesting backstory - was engaged to Cher about 10 years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, TheDirtyWord said:

Medvetz made that show.  Interesting backstory - was engaged to Cher about 10 years ago.

No effing way.  That dude was awesome and an ####### all wrapped up together.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Might start rewatching Newsroom on Prime. I seem to remember enjoying it but can't remember any specifics besides Jeff Daniel's speech at the beginning of the series.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have Netflix and Hulu and will get Disney for a month or 2 a year to watch some new shows or a movie, but I don't have kids so they don't have nearly enough content for me to subscribe longer than that.  Hulu is losing a lot of TV shows soon and I'm having trouble seeing the value after that happens.  I'm not too happy with Netflix either since I haven't usually liked most of their original content.  I'm looking for some new services to try so I think HBO is next.  I'll probably replace Hulu with it soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/7/2021 at 3:01 PM, Redwes25 said:

 

This show is really good especially if you are into the dystopian thing. Though maybe a virus will be a bit too close to home for some folks. 

 

I don't think it is little kid friendly though.  I would put this at same age grouping as stranger things (though it is very different show and tone).  No sex in it and not much bad language but definately violence and directed at kids at times so I won't let my kids watch it (11 and 9) as imagine they would have nightmares.  If they were a bit older (13 or 14) probably fine but others might have a different view on it.  Also, I know my kids and they would not like some of it.  Other kids could be into it and would be fine. Sorry if a bit all over the place on this age recomendation.

Finished Sweet Tooth and thought it was really good and it improved as the season went on.  Honestly, thought the first episode was the weakest and I really liked the ending of the season.  Also, running at like 98% on Rotten Tomatoes.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, acarey50 said:

Anything worth watching on Starz right now (movies mostly, but series as well)? They're offering me the channel at $5/month for 3 month to come back, debating doing it if they've added enough movies that I'd want to watch.

@acarey50

Dunno what you watch.  I can't remember all I added the other day - I think everything from SuperTroopers to the new Little Women to Good Will Hunting to The Thin Red Line.  

HERE is a list from a site with their 50 best current movies on Starz.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

@acarey50

Dunno what you watch.  I can't remember all I added the other day - I think everything from SuperTroopers to the new Little Women to Good Will Hunting to The Thin Red Line.  

HERE is a list from a site with their 50 best current movies on Starz.  

Yeah, bit of an impossible to answer question given varying tastes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Redwes25 said:

Finished Sweet Tooth and thought it was really good and it improved as the season went on.  Honestly, thought the first episode was the weakest and I really liked the ending of the season.  Also, running at like 98% on Rotten Tomatoes.  

We're powering through with the kids. Enjoyable, even if i want to punch Gus in the melon for being too much of an oh-no! now this has to happen plot device. The kids (9 and 14...just turned today!) love it.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

We're powering through with the kids. Enjoyable, even if i want to punch Gus in the melon for being too much of an oh-no! now this has to happen plot device. The kids (9 and 14...just turned today!) love it.

Can an almost 6 year old watch it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Probably a little scary. 

i think it would bore a 6 year old. They wouldn’t be into it. Certain parts would intrigue them but not for the young. Scary is a bit harsh though. I would hope after COVID parents have toughened there kids up just a bit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, dallas428 said:

i think it would bore a 6 year old. They wouldn’t be into it. Certain parts would intrigue them but not for the young. Scary is a bit harsh though. I would hope after COVID parents have toughened there kids up just a bit. 

Its a show about sadistic adults hunting kids. 5 years old is a bit young for that, imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Its a show about sadistic adults hunting kids. 5 years old is a bit young for that, imo.

I don’t think they would get through 1 episode...either way...I respect your opinion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, RC94 said:

  Hulu is losing a lot of TV shows soon and I'm having trouble seeing the value after that happens.  

I’m confused by this statement. Hulu loses and adds tv shows monthly don’t they?

Hulu is adding the NFL Network by August 1st. That’s a big value add to me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, boilerdave said:

I’m confused by this statement. Hulu loses and adds tv shows monthly don’t they?

Hulu is adding the NFL Network by August 1st. That’s a big value add to me. 

There's a difference between Hulu and Hulu Live

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, boilerdave said:

I’m confused by this statement. Hulu loses and adds tv shows monthly don’t they?

Hulu is adding the NFL Network by August 1st. That’s a big value add to me. 

It's losing a lot of shows I like, to be more specific.  I don't have Hulu Live so I won't be getting NFL Network from it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RC94 said:

It's losing a lot of shows I like, to be more specific.  I don't have Hulu Live so I won't be getting NFL Network from it.

I tried googling this when I saw your original comment, but couldn't find anything, other than the typical articles about the monthly rotations for every provider.  do you have a link with more details?  we watch a lot of older series on Hulu.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, themeanmachine said:

I tried googling this when I saw your original comment, but couldn't find anything, other than the typical articles about the monthly rotations for every provider.  do you have a link with more details?  we watch a lot of older series on Hulu.

I didn't look it up, it's shows that I watch.  It will say next to each episode when it's expiring, if it's expiring.  There's also a list of shows and movies from your watchlist that's expiring when you're logged onto Hulu.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RC94 said:

I didn't look it up, it's shows that I watch.  It will say next to each episode when it's expiring, if it's expiring.  There's also a list of shows and movies from your watchlist that's expiring when you're logged onto Hulu.

Ahh I didn’t realize that, good to know,thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2021 at 9:23 PM, El Floppo said:
On 6/17/2021 at 6:47 PM, Redwes25 said:

Finished Sweet Tooth and thought it was really good and it improved as the season went on.  Honestly, thought the first episode was the weakest and I really liked the ending of the season.  Also, running at like 98% on Rotten Tomatoes.  

We're powering through with the kids. Enjoyable, even if i want to punch Gus in the melon for being too much of an oh-no! now this has to happen plot device. The kids (9 and 14...just turned today!) love it.

Just wrapped.

F-ing Gus. Whatta maroon. More Bobby than smart, imo.

Anybody know when S2 happens

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For @El Floppo

There's an Italian "teen romance drama" that we started watching and actually really enjoyed. So yeah, you can laugh, but just watch the first episode and see if you like it. Oh, the rest of you can too.

It's called Summertime. 

Surprisingly enjoyable.

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

This show is crazy fun. Highly recommended for late night insanity. 

Thanks...ill give this a try after the rest of the family goes to bed. The wife's not an anime fan, so I'll go solo.

58 minutes ago, foxco said:

3 episodes in on Katla, an Icelandic sci-fi mystery thriller of sorts on Netflix. Slow build but well shot. I'm enjoying so far. 

Sounds interesting- thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Thanks...ill give this a try after the rest of the family goes to bed. The wife's not an anime fan, so I'll go solo.

Sounds interesting- thanks

After, of course,....ahem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/18/2021 at 6:52 PM, El Floppo said:

Just wrapped.

F-ing Gus. Whatta maroon. More Bobby than smart, imo.

Anybody know when S2 happens

 

Nope, hopefully they are already shooting it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2021 at 1:16 PM, acarey50 said:

Anything worth watching on Starz right now (movies mostly, but series as well)? They're offering me the channel at $5/month for 3 month to come back, debating doing it if they've added enough movies that I'd want to watch.

If you have Amazon Prime it's $1/mo for 2 months 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

How did I not know S4 of Handmaid's Tale was out? 

Anybody watch it? 

I have.

Thought it was very good.

At times, great.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...