What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (9 Viewers)

Loved the first season, but I gotta say I got a bad feeling about this just based on the trailer.
Did the trailer of the first season give you good feelings because it did not give me any. I would have passed had it not been for the reviews in here because the premise and trailer for season 1 was meh for me :shrug:  

Started Loudermilk last night based on discussion in this thread.  First episode was a little  :confused: , but we're 4 episodes in now and fully on board.  

Also, we still have DirectTV and watched the first two hours of 'Kevin Can F*** Himself' on FX earlier this week.  The first 60mins or so was a little weird, but by the end of 2 hours we are fully onboard.  Annie Murphy (Schitt's Creek) is the main character and I'm a big fan.  FX is on Hulu, right?  It's on one of the services.

Is this the one that has the guy that played Luke Cage as one of the leads? It also has the actor from Lost (played Ben) and Person of Interest in it? (Obviously I'm not good with actors names Lol).
I don't think anyone knows those 2 actors names without googling but I know who you are talking about

Did the trailer of the first season give you good feelings because it did not give me any. I would have passed had it not been for the reviews in here because the premise and trailer for season 1 was meh for me :shrug:  
yeah - same here.  I'm judging unfairly.  I'm predisposed in general against season 2s - as they most always let me down.  My fear from the trailer is it gets more into the crazy slapstick stuff. 

yeah - same here.  I'm judging unfairly.  I'm predisposed in general against season 2s - as they most always let me down.  My fear from the trailer is it gets more into the crazy slapstick stuff. 
I don’t think the best “stuff” on this show fits in a one minute trailer, but slapstick/quick jokes do.

Mrs. Yambag wanted to watch The Crown.  Decided to give it a shot based on reviews.  6 episodes into season 1 and we are both definitely struggling.  We find it somewhat boring, yet also somewhat interesting.  

Mrs. Yambag wanted to watch The Crown.  Decided to give it a shot based on reviews.  6 episodes into season 1 and we are both definitely struggling.  We find it somewhat boring, yet also somewhat interesting.  
Yep same here. I gave up midway into season 1. Just boring

I can't remember how far into it I got. It was kinda interesting but it was the fact that I came to hate almost everyone involved that caused me to finally stop watching. 

Started Loudermilk last night based on discussion in this thread.  First episode was a little  :confused: , but we're 4 episodes in now and fully on board.  

Also, we still have DirectTV and watched the first two hours of 'Kevin Can F*** Himself' on FX earlier this week.  The first 60mins or so was a little weird, but by the end of 2 hours we are fully onboard.  Annie Murphy (Schitt's Creek) is the main character and I'm a big fan.  FX is on Hulu, right?  It's on one of the services.
It’s a weird on board as it’s written like a bad sitcom in parts - but that ends up being kind of cool in the bigger story

Atypical season 4 drops in just over 2 weeks on July 9th.
:wub:

I am guessing I will have the same problem I did when I was thinking about Handmaid's the other night - hardly have any recollection of what happened the last season.  

I don't know you series people around here do it. 

I am guessing I will have the same problem I did when I was thinking about Handmaid's the other night - hardly have any recollection of what happened the last season.  

I'm the same way.  I'll either read the plot of the last episode on wiki or something or I'll just watch some of it to refresh my memory.  It's sad.

KarmaPolice said:

I have to go on YouTube and watch recaps of previous seasons, and even then I can't remember stuff. In season 4 of Handmaid's there were references to season 1 that I failed to have any memory of at all. It's as if the entire entertainment industry exists to gaslight me.

"You watched this already. Remember?"

"I did? No way. When?"

"Only a year ago. Are you OK? You might be going crazy."

"I think you're right. Who is this?"

The Dude said:
It’s a weird on board as it’s written like a bad sitcom in parts - but that ends up being kind of cool in the bigger story
Exactly.  Once it clicks then it's really kinda cool.  But at first it does seem like watching a bad sitcom.  

Finally tried out Ted Lasso after all the glowing reviews, plus I found out that the creator is Bill Lawrence and the wife and I are huge fans of everything he has done in Cougar Town, Ground Floor, & Scrubs through the final season 8 (there is no Med School season 9  :yucky: )

First episode didn't grab me which I think others have said before, but man, it ratcheted up fast in the funny and tugs on the heartstrings from the 2nd episode on like Lawrence's other shows. We were hooked so I imagine we will finish the 1st season off by this weekend, so pretty glad the next season is coming out soon.

3 episodes in on Katla, an Icelandic sci-fi mystery thriller of sorts on Netflix. Slow build but well shot. I'm enjoying so far. 
Finished this off and really enjoyed it. Definately not fast paced, more like a methodical slow build but I found the climax rewarding and more though-provoking than I anticipated. Hoping for a second season. 

Premise is a volcano in Iceland has been erupting for a year and the closest town has been evacuated except for a few locals and scientists. A woman appears on the glacier near the volcano covered in ash and mud and has no recolection of how she got there, but she closely resembles someone who left the town 20 years ago, only she hasn't aged a day since she left.

This is Pop is a very good documentary series on Netflix. Enjoyed every episode, even when it wasn't in my normal musical profile (pop country). Britpop was especially interesting. 

💯

I got a free year of Apple+ when I bought my laptop last year, and went months before I even considered watching the show. I remembered those old NBC promos and thought it seemed like a weak gimmick to build a show around Then I heard from some people whose opinion I respect that it was really good, and so I watched it and it definitely exceeded expectations. My wife, who's not a sports fan and not much of a Sudeikis fan either, also loved it.

Only thing that sucks is that my free trial runs out next week, so we'll actually have to pay if we want to watch Season 2. I think we probably will, at least for as long as it takes to binge it. I haven't found anything else on Apple+ that seems worthwhile.

💯

I got a free year of Apple+ when I bought my laptop last year, and went months before I even considered watching the show. I remembered those old NBC promos and thought it seemed like a weak gimmick to build a show around Then I heard from some people whose opinion I respect that it was really good, and so I watched it and it definitely exceeded expectations. My wife, who's not a sports fan and not much of a Sudeikis fan either, also loved it.

Only thing that sucks is that my free trial runs out next week, so we'll actually have to pay if we want to watch Season 2. I think we probably will, at least for as long as it takes to binge it. I haven't found anything else on Apple+ that seems worthwhile.
Wife and I enjoy Trying -- two Brits attempting to adopt a child. Solid British humor and pulls at the heartstrings at times. Not amazing but a good fun watch IMO. 

This is Pop is a very good documentary series on Netflix. Enjoyed every episode, even when it wasn't in my normal musical profile (pop country). Britpop was especially interesting. 
We have been watching this as well--the Sweden episode was really eye-opening.

Also count us in for being late to the game on Ozark. We just started it and are on season two. My wife has never quite got the concept of binge watching shows. She will watch one or two episodes and then say that's enough for tonight. Ozark, she can't get enough of--we watched three and half episodes last night and probably would have watched more if we didn't have to go pick up our daughter from work. Really great show!! 

Watched the first episode of From Cradle to Stage, the Dave Grohl and his mom show interviewing other musicians and their mothers. 1st episode was pretty interesting on the guy from Imagine Dragons.

Paramount+ I believe (used to be CBS All Access.)

I'm late to the game on Breaking Bad. I just finished the Finale last week. I watched El Camino on the weekend and found it jarring how different Todd looked (older and heavier) in El (in flashbacks) vs Breaking Bad. I think there was 5-6 years difference in between BB Finale and El, but didn't really notice a stark difference in appearance of the other characters.

Sorry if that's a spoiler.

Watching A Wilderness of Error on Hulu. Pretty interesting crime documentary about a famous murder case I never heard of before from 1970.

Worth a watch if you like these types.

Watched the Billie Eillish doc on Apple.  It's good.  It's not so much about the music as the path.  To have documented that kind of trajectory (staggering) and at such a young age was interesting to see.  Don't often get a glimpse into that side of it.  Doubt it would've happened without the brother.  And parents for that matter.

Watched the Billie Eillish doc on Apple.  It's good.  It's not so much about the music as the path.  To have documented that kind of trajectory (staggering) and at such a young age was interesting to see.  Don't often get a glimpse into that side of it.  Doubt it would've happened without the brother.  And parents for that matter.
Interesting. Both our kids are musical (9yo daughter more the front person type, 14yo more of the innate musical person) and have wondered about her and brothers path...will check this out, thanks!

And, are you enjoying it? I thought Breaking Bad started slow, but I enjoyed it more through the subsequent seasons.
Yes, I'm enjoying it.  Only a few episodes into Season 2, so still a lot to go.  There were a few in the first season I found kind of dull, but by the end of that season I was definitely committed.  With one huge exception, the primary actors/actresses are outstanding, like so good it's almost distracting.

Yes, I'm enjoying it.  Only a few episodes into Season 2, so still a lot to go.  There were a few in the first season I found kind of dull, but by the end of that season I was definitely committed.  With one huge exception, the primary actors/actresses are outstanding, like so good it's almost distracting.
Ok, now I'm curious about who the exception is...

Users who are viewing this thread