Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)

KCC

On 7/12/2021 at 8:29 PM, shuke said:

Just finished Halt and Catch Fire.  Although 40 episodes is an investment, I'd highly recommend.  

I wasn't sure about the first half of season 4, but last half was good and just a great finale.  

I was a little concerned initially that this was going to be too much about computers.  But so much more.  And a lot of good nostalgia running from early 80's to early 90's.

Great show. Highly recommend.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cap'n grunge said:

There's supposed to be a sequel I think.

Currently in production, Netflix paid a boatload for the rights for Knives Out 2 & 3. Cast looks promising:

Dave Bautista

Edward Norton

Janelle Monáe

Kathryn Hahn

Leslie Odom Jr.

Kate Hudson

Madelyn Cline

Jessica Henwick

Ethan Hawke

Jada Pinkett Smith

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chaos Commish said:

Started Mr. Inbetween this morning. Starting S1E6 in a minute. Definitely my kind of show. A bit dark. Anti-hero. Quick episodes. This won't take long.

I started it yesterday and it's ok.  The shows being quick is a benefit but i haven't found it to be great.  I got through about 4 or 5 episodes so still giving it a chance but it hasn't totally reeled me in yet. 

On 7/20/2021 at 5:13 AM, On The Rocks said:

Started a couple of mini series over the weekend:

The 100 Foot Wave  (HBO Max)

6 Part Mini Series.

Only Episode 1 is currently available.  Episode 1 is AMAZING. The cinematography is pretty incredible. Just watch this trailer:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14126234/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

This has been pretty great, thanks. 

The wife and I have a new destination now when we're in Portugal next year. 

23 minutes ago, The Gator said:
On 7/20/2021 at 8:13 AM, On The Rocks said:

Started a couple of mini series over the weekend:

The 100 Foot Wave  (HBO Max)

6 Part Mini Series.

Only Episode 1 is currently available.  Episode 1 is AMAZING. The cinematography is pretty incredible. Just watch this trailer:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14126234/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Expand  

This has been pretty great, thanks. 

The wife and I have a new destination now when we're in Portugal next year. 

We've been watching too. Amazing stuff. 

2 hours ago, ignatiusjreilly said:

So if I don't have Hulu, it looks like I can't watch Mr. Inbetween from the beginning? The FX app only has episodes from S3 (and even those are set to expire).

The first episode is called "The Pee Pee Guy."  

16 hours ago, cap'n grunge said:

Just started watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Obviously late to the game.

overrated IMO.  Funny for sure.  But not an all timer or anything.

for anyone who has watched Gomorrah, the movie "L'Immortale" (The Immortal) just became available on HBOMax. it's set after the end of season 3, and I think it will have some ties into season 5. Ciro is my favorite character, so I'm stoked.

• Thanks 1

On 8/3/2021 at 10:58 AM, Gally said:
On 8/2/2021 at 6:54 PM, Chaos Commish said:

Started Mr. Inbetween this morning. Starting S1E6 in a minute. Definitely my kind of show. A bit dark. Anti-hero. Quick episodes. This won't take long.

Watched the 1st 3 eps when the wife went out for drinks last night. This is good. Lead has the dead pan reaction down pat. Friend and his Russian wife and brother- hilarious. Considering we don't know these characters at all, they still all feel incredibly fleshed out....really well done. Puts the situation in sit-com.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Watched the 1st 3 eps when the wife went out for drinks last night. This is good. Lead has the dead pan reaction down pat. Friend and his Russian wife and brother- hilarious. Considering we don't know these characters at all, they still all feel incredibly fleshed out....really well done. Puts the situation in sit-com.

2nd season is even better, IMO.  Partway into the 3rd and final season and wondering how it's going to finish up.

Great show, though.

• Like 1

On the final episode of Season 3 for Gamorrah. I can't rave about this show enough and I love it more than The Sopranos that I watched. Maybe its the fact it's a true mafia story and shows a darker side of the homeland where Sopranos was Americanized Mafia. The Authenticincy is incredible as well as the filming and acting. For someone like myself who sometimes has a hard time following certain shows this is an easier follow for me despite some language barrier. I think what also helps is meeting and befriending a few people from this region for better context on certain parts and I can ask them when needed on things. 

Gonna start l'mmortal Movie a prequel to Season 4 and a backstory on the Ciro Character tomorrow after work  

Finally started Lost. 4-5 episodes in. It sucks that some other show I was watching ruined the ending for me but I guess Ill see how it gets there.

2 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Gonna start l'mmortal Movie a prequel to Season 4 and a backstory on the Ciro Character tomorrow after work  

Actually, The Immortal is more like a prerequisite to season 5, which hasn’t come out yet. I don’t think it has any real impact on season 4. 

5 hours ago, cap'n grunge said:

Finally started Lost. 4-5 episodes in. It sucks that some other show I was watching ruined the ending for me but I guess Ill see how it gets there.

Was the movie “This is Forty” the one that ruined it?

Lost is all about enjoying the ride. The ending is extremely controversial, lots of people hated it or were at least really disappointed. Not quite Game of Thrones level, but definitely up there. But the path to get there is a lot of fun, especially the early seasons.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Watched the 1st 3 eps when the wife went out for drinks last night. This is good. Lead has the dead pan reaction down pat. 

:goodposting:

His reaction when it was revealed what kind of movie he was vouching for in episode 1 ...:lmao::lmao:

• Laughing 2

3 hours ago, Buckna said:

Was the movie “This is Forty” the one that ruined it?

Lost is all about enjoying the ride. The ending is extremely controversial, lots of people hated it or were at least really disappointed. Not quite Game of Thrones level, but definitely up there. But the path to get there is a lot of fun, especially the early seasons.

Probably. I don't remember but when they went there I was like what? Shut up!

White Lotus certainly crescendoed there the last 2 episodes :lmao:

So much good stuff. Every scene with Jennifer Coolidge kills me, as well as hotel manager and the ahole honeymooner (who has been hilarious throughout).

Anybody seeing this as a who-dunnit, who-dun-got-whacked? Wife thinks the opening scene lays out who's in the coffin, but I think it could be anybody. 

• Like 2

On 8/5/2021 at 10:23 AM, pantherclub said:

It gets hilariously bad

Spoiler here:

If someone gets shot, has surgery, and literally dies before being resuscitated, that person running around just moments later strays a bit too far into the ridiculous territory.

Same episode: At the end, as soon as John B said they were in Charleston, I KNEW they were going to show a shot of both the truck with his friends and the boat at the same time. Pope wondering where John B was the icing on the cake. :lmao:

Just finished both seasons of 'Black Summer' on Netflix

Very, very good

That's coming from a guy who thought he swore off all zombie shows after bailing a couple years on all of TWD crap that's undoubtedly still swirling around the bowl . 

Edited by identikit
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GroveDiesel said:

Spoiler here:

If someone gets shot, has surgery, and literally dies before being resuscitated, that person running around just moments later strays a bit too far into the ridiculous territory.

Same episode: At the end, as soon as John B said they were in Charleston, I KNEW they were going to show a shot of both the truck with his friends and the boat at the same time. Pope wondering where John B was the icing on the cake. :lmao:

The writing and plot has surpassed the dumbness of The walking dead.  I didnt think it was possible but holy hell these writers must have been high as hell in mapping this out.  The black bookworm nerd guy taking over a shipping boat with the bad girl is a hit the pause button "wtf are they doing" type moment.  Its insanity and its renewed for a 3rd season.  I missed my calling......

17 hours ago, Maik Jeaunz said:

Actually, The Immortal is more like a prerequisite to season 5, which hasn’t come out yet. I don’t think it has any real impact on season 4. 

Yeah after I watched it and then started S4 I was like I think I messed this up. But I haven't gone through all of season 4 yet anyway 

5 hours ago, El Floppo said:

White Lotus certainly crescendoed there the last 2 episodes :lmao:

So much good stuff. Every scene with Jennifer Coolidge kills me, as well as hotel manager and the ahole honeymooner (who has been hilarious throughout).

Anybody seeing this as a who-dunnit, who-dun-got-whacked? Wife thinks the opening scene lays out who's in the coffin, but I think it could be anybody. 

I think it could be anybody too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The latest Grand Tour special had me laughing out loud. Clarkson spinning his tires trying to get up the hill while Hammond overheated was :lmao:

“Maybe he emails his friend Alan a lot”

Edited by GroveDiesel
  • Like 1