Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)


KCC

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

what is the crime drama that I think is set in a NE town - female lead ...I am thinking about Broadchurch?  I didn't think that was it ...I thought it was only 1 season

Mare of Eastown HBO 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Binky The Doormat said:

what is the crime drama that I think is set in a NE town - female lead ...I am thinking about Broadchurch?  I didn't think that was it ...I thought it was only 1 season

Murder ma Durder

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2021 at 5:55 PM, GroveDiesel said:

Read a few times that Squid Game is lining up to be the most initial watched show in Netflix history. That seems bizarre to me.

 

References to it were all over social media that I browse like TikTok and Twitter, so it isn't that surprising.

We just finished it last night and it was pretty good.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you have a kid the muppets haunted mansion special on Disney plus is pretty awesome. My 3 year old loves that ride AND the muppet babies so it was basically made for him. He was flipping for it. Very well done. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yankee23Fan said:

Enjoyed squid game. Did not enjoy ending that much though. 

Thought it was just ok.  Didn’t give it my full attention to be fair

the episode with the glass bridge or whatever was pretty intense

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Midnite Mass is leading us to Halloween.

As a raised Catholic I was terrified by the Exorcist when I read it at a young age and then saw the eventual movie, also terrifying.

When we started watching the series I told my wife, "uh oh, a religious horror 7 part series? I don't know if I can make it."

Well, if you can make it through 3 episodes you will not look back. The acting is superb. It's scary. It's cerebral. A light bulb will go off and you're like, WTF?

 It does have some slow moments of long dialogue but the ending of each episode has killer rewards.

 

Edited by Joe Mammy
Scolded.
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

Midnite Mass is leading us to Halloween.

As a raised Catholic I was terrified by the Exorcist when I read it at a young age and then saw the eventual movie, also terrifying.

When we started watching the series I told my wife, "uh oh, a religious horror XXXXXX 7 part series? I don't know if I can make it."

Well, if you can make it through 3 episodes you will not look back. The acting is superb. It's scary. It's cerebral. A light bulb will go off and you're like, WTF?

 It does have some slow moments of long dialogue but the ending of each episode has killer rewards.

 

Please cut the xxxx-ed part from your op- it becomes obvious eventually, but still a spoiler.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

Midnite Mass is leading us to Halloween.

As a raised Catholic I was terrified by the Exorcist when I read it at a young age and then saw the eventual movie, also terrifying.

When we started watching the series I told my wife, "uh oh, a religious horror  7 part series? I don't know if I can make it."

Well, if you can make it through 3 episodes you will not look back. The acting is superb. It's scary. It's cerebral. A light bulb will go off and you're like, WTF?

 It does have some slow moments of long dialogue but the ending of each episode has killer rewards.

 

But yeah. Agree with everything- it's really good. The tie-in of the bible passages to explain what's happening was pretty great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, El Floppo said:

But yeah. Agree with everything- it's really good. The tie-in of the bible passages to explain what's happening was pretty great.

We just wrapped it up (Midnight Mass).

Solid show throughout. Last ep a bit forced, but ultimately satisfying.

Worth watching for fans of suspense/religious-supernatural.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any thoughts on Ted Lasso season finale?

 

Speaking of Apple, See has a battle coming up.

Still so many questions...like how can assassins who have never been to a city know where to go down to the exact room in the exact building to kill the queen...if they're blind.

Regadless- I'm still watching.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, El Floppo said:

My wife is. She loves it- says it's so terrible it funny.

I watched the first two and it is bad. I kind of want to know what the explanation is but it’s NBC. It’s truly amazing that outside of comedies and dramas that network TV is awful. The best fantasy/Sci-fi/anything needing CGI is not on network TV. Their budgets and expertise is atrocious almost laughable like this show. The days of a show like Lost on network TV are long gone and that didn’t even have a ton of CGI but it didn’t have saber tooth tigers that looked like a high school intro to Adobe class project.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2021 at 1:27 AM, El Floppo said:

Any thoughts on Ted Lasso season finale?

 

 

I don't know if we are avoiding spoilers, but I LOVED the heel turn at the end. And the way he rationalized it in his head felt . . . very real to me. I can absolutely see a broken person twisting their own perceptions to rationalize poor behavior. And the show really did the legwork this season to build to that point. A great reveal at the end that made it fun and worth it.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

I watched the first two and it is bad. I kind of want to know what the explanation is but it’s NBC. It’s truly amazing that outside of comedies and dramas that network TV is awful. The best fantasy/Sci-fi/anything needing CGI is not on network TV. Their budgets and expertise is atrocious almost laughable like this show. The days of a show like Lost on network TV are long gone and that didn’t even have a ton of CGI but it didn’t have saber tooth tigers that looked like a high school intro to Adobe class project.

I agree.  I wanted to like it and I might give it another episode but it was pretty dumb with not good acting (the son when he was in the bus in pain was excruciating to watch).  

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Gally said:

I agree.  I wanted to like it and I might give it another episode but it was pretty dumb with not good acting (the son when he was in the bus in pain was excruciating to watch).  

He was just awful. The Indian guy with the vape, lol. The cop mom and drug dealer son and of course the Bible thumper daughters who were never exposed to gay guys or a YouTube. By the way, I know the dad got eaten but where did those girls mom disappear to?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, stbugs said:

He was just awful. The Indian guy with the vape, lol. The cop mom and drug dealer son and of course the Bible thumper daughters who were never exposed to gay guys or a YouTube. By the way, I know the dad got eaten but where did those girls mom disappear to?

 

Do we know she fell in the big hole?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2021 at 1:27 AM, El Floppo said:

Any thoughts on Ted Lasso season finale?

 

Bill Lawrence @VDOOZER


@nickmohammed how’re you feeling about being so good at your chosen profession that you seem to be universally hated? #TedLasso

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gally said:

 

Do we know she fell in the big hole?

I could be wrong but I thought the mom was standing right next to the dad when he got mauled and pulled away.

You realize you are now forcing me to rewatch that episode again. I hope you’re proud of yourself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I could be wrong but I thought the mom was standing right next to the dad when he got mauled and pulled away.

You realize you are now forcing me to rewatch that episode again. I hope you’re proud of yourself.

That was my goal...hahaha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Currently charging through S3 of Seinfeld on Netflix.  This show is a lot like Friends was to me, always on in the background, I figure I had to have seen every episode multiple times, but I've always watched them out of order, just random episodes here and there as they popped up on syndicated TV.  Nice to see it start to finish, and I'm finding episodes that I either never saw before or had forgotten 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, wlwiles said:

Currently charging through S3 of Seinfeld on Netflix.  This show is a lot like Friends was to me, always on in the background, I figure I had to have seen every episode multiple times, but I've always watched them out of order, just random episodes here and there as they popped up on syndicated TV.  Nice to see it start to finish, and I'm finding episodes that I either never saw before or had forgotten 

The biggest amazement to me when rewatching (especially episodes I haven't seen in a really long time) are how many story lines are in most episodes.  I will remember all the parts separately but then get amazed that there are three or four of them in the same episode.  Then they all tie in by the end of the episode.  

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/30/2021 at 7:23 PM, El Floppo said:
On 9/22/2021 at 11:11 PM, El Floppo said:

S2 of Love on the Spectrum is out!

Australian documentary show about...well, love on the spectrum.  Young autistic folk learning about dating. We fell in love with the show and the people in it, some of whom are back (Michael still needs his own show).

It's so heart-meltingly good. It's almost more than I can take at times...

still catching an episode here and there. 

for genuine feel good stuff, it's worth watching.

also am finding that even though this is focused on people on a fairly wide range on the spectrum... just about everything they're dealing with and going through in terms of relatioships is apt for people not on the spectrum. or we're just all on different parts of the spectrum. 

just love the show and the people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, wlwiles said:

Currently charging through S3 of Seinfeld on Netflix.  This show is a lot like Friends was to me, always on in the background, I figure I had to have seen every episode multiple times, but I've always watched them out of order, just random episodes here and there as they popped up on syndicated TV.  Nice to see it start to finish, and I'm finding episodes that I either never saw before or had forgotten 

Interesting fact about Seinfeld that I learned in this rewatch - in the pilot episode, the first scene where we meet Kramer, Jerry calls him Kessler.  He wasn't called Kramer until episode 2. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/12/2021 at 2:07 PM, Gally said:
On 10/12/2021 at 1:59 PM, stbugs said:

I could be wrong but I thought the mom was standing right next to the dad when he got mauled and pulled away.

You realize you are now forcing me to rewatch that episode again. I hope you’re proud of yourself.

That was my goal...hahaha

you sons of beach... now I watched part of an episode last night.

:lol: it's really bad- across the board bad. there's a guy with ESP who can see them there in the hole? lol. I guess that helps. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2021 at 6:15 PM, eoMMan said:

This latest Chappelle special on Netflix....not good. 

I thought it was OK, but I always have high expectations for Chappelle. Only a few LOL moments lost amongst his defensive trans topic agenda.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/9/2021 at 9:51 PM, El Floppo said:

We just wrapped it up (Midnight Mass).

Solid show throughout. Last ep a bit forced, but ultimately satisfying.

Worth watching for fans of suspense/religious-supernatural.

I just watched Ep 3 and am enjoying it. The ******* in the cave was a bit hokey but I think I like where it's going.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, El Floppo said:

still catching an episode here and there. 

for genuine feel good stuff, it's worth watching.

also am finding that even though this is focused on people on a fairly wide range on the spectrum... just about everything they're dealing with and going through in terms of relatioships is apt for people not on the spectrum. or we're just all on different parts of the spectrum. 

just love the show and the people.

How does everyone feel about Katy? Is she too agreeable?

I thought Heather was too agreeable also, but at least she cut Michael loose at the end.

Katy just parrots everything Ronan says. My wife thinks I'm a jerk for being too critical of autistic kids. :shrug: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

you sons of beach... now I watched part of an episode last night.

:lol: it's really bad- across the board bad. there's a guy with ESP who can see them there in the hole? lol. I guess that helps. 

What sucks is they gave us a plausible (in Sci Fi terms) explanation that he was flying in the desert when a rift opened up and he was exposed to gamma whatever. Problem is this show is so bad that I don’t think they’ll even go back there to try and explain it at all. I guess they alluded to it but it would seem to be a huge part of the story. Again, it’s just so bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

What sucks is they gave us a plausible (in Sci Fi terms) explanation that he was flying in the desert when a rift opened up and he was exposed to gamma whatever. Problem is this show is so bad that I don’t think they’ll even go back there to try and explain it at all. I guess they alluded to it but it would seem to be a huge part of the story. Again, it’s just so bad.

ah- at least they gave an explanation... even if- ESP.... really?

was it the Mojave desert? because they found a body in that cave wearing some kind of Mojave related jacket... clearly not a coincidence. 

DAMMIT! I want nothing to do with this stupid show... and now I'm putting the pieces together... NO. REFUSE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

ah- at least they gave an explanation... even if- ESP.... really?

was it the Mojave desert? because they found a body in that cave wearing some kind of Mojave related jacket... clearly not a coincidence. 

DAMMIT! I want nothing to do with this stupid show... and now I'm putting the pieces together... NO. REFUSE.

That dead guy was 100% related to event 1 and sink hole is event 2. I assume we’ll also find more people so event 0, -1, etc.

They just should have spent more time showing us event 1, but that would have required some sort of explanation. I don’t even know why I care, it’s just so bad.

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Chris B. said:

How does everyone feel about Katy? Is she too agreeable?

I thought Heather was too agreeable also, but at least she cut Michael loose at the end.

Katy just parrots everything Ronan says. My wife thinks I'm a jerk for being too critical of autistic kids. :shrug: 

my wife pointed that out about Katy- it's not a mean or critical thing, I don't think... unelss she knows you're a jerk anyways.

I worry they're on too far a range of the spectrum, at least in terms of processing and communication skills- and that she might not have the capacity to enact those kind of romantic feelings... at least that's my paternal side worrying about him and Roan. 

I wonder with the show- they made a point of including that these people are quasi-celebrities now after S1- how hard it going to be for them to find actual romance when some people might just be in it for screen time. I kinda got that sense with Heather. 

And I want to know what happened to Mark and whats'er-name? they seemed about perfect for each other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

That dead guy was 100% related to event 1 and sink hole is event 2. I assume we’ll also find more people so event 0, -1, etc.

They just should have spent more time showing us event 1, but that would have required some sort of explanation. I don’t even know why I care, it’s just so bad.

muhmuhmuhmuhmuh.... not listening/reading .... muhmuhmuhuhmuh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Half way through The Chestnut Man on Netflix and really enjoying it. The English dubbing is actually quite good in this one.  Silence of the Lambs kind of vibe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had a show suggested to me at the Cafe Suburra Blood of Rome. It's an Italian mafia drama based in Rome. It goes into the corruption of the Mafia with the Vatican and city of Rome. Its great for the scenery too. Can watch it in English and other languages but it's a lot better in Italian with English subs. There is only three seasons and there's talk about maybe a 4th but the league actor has gotten so good he's not costing more to take part in the show. Also he's made it big off the show and has other projects now. Finished the first 3 or so episodes of Season 1 and the actors in it are more well known in Italy then what Gomorrah was originally. 

Fair warning it starts off a little slow but by the end of episode 1 and into episode 2 you get into and action picks up fast. Each episode starts with showing part of a later scene in the episode and leaves you with a cliff hanger which is kind of neat. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, TripItUp said:

I'm probably the last one to watch "Halt and Catch Fire", but I'm on episode 2 and really digging it.

 

Not sure how I missed this one.

Its really good, and consistent through it's run. Verges into melodrama, but handles it really well- not sappy or overwrought- and turns into one of its strengths. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2021 at 6:24 PM, El Floppo said:

Liked them both about the same, tbh. Similar schmaltz and plot silliness in both, but both are worth watching- Suburra a little broader scope.

@DJackson10 you should check out Suburra. 

 

8 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Had a show suggested to me at the Cafe Suburra Blood of Rome. It's an Italian mafia drama based in Rome. It goes into the corruption of the Mafia with the Vatican and city of Rome. Its great for the scenery too. Can watch it in English and other languages but it's a lot better in Italian with English subs. There is only three seasons and there's talk about maybe a 4th but the league actor has gotten so good he's not costing more to take part in the show. Also he's made it big off the show and has other projects now. Finished the first 3 or so episodes of Season 1 and the actors in it are more well known in Italy then what Gomorrah was originally. 

Fair warning it starts off a little slow but by the end of episode 1 and into episode 2 you get into and action picks up fast. Each episode starts with showing part of a later scene in the episode and leaves you with a cliff hanger which is kind of neat. 

You mean you had it suggested to you here, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...