What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (16 Viewers)

jamny said:
I always wanted to check this out after hearing good things. Does anyone know if Amazon will keep it on for a long time? I'd hate to start it and it gets pulled halfway through.

Is this Free or one of those Series Prime has where you pay to rent or buy it? 

Book of Boba Fest Season 1 first trailer premiers DEC 29th

This and Cobra Kai both seem to start around or same dates too

Also not sure if anyone here has ever watched it but I'm watching the UK Version of Shameless on Hulu and it has every season. Not everyone who's seen the American likes the UK one. Season 1 of American version follows almost the exact script of Season 1 of the Original UK version that came out in 2004 and ended after the 3rd season of the American Version. 

Fiona is done after season 2 of UK and the Ball's are gone after season 4 however Kevin comes back for guest appearances in two other seasons. The reason they stayed in the American version was they became so popular with the Fans. The UK version of writing Kev and V off was pretty cool and funny at the same time. Plus V is white and not black and Liam is also white in the show. After a few seasons the McGuires take on a bigger role and they aren't a bunch of Nazis in this one. Just a gang of Gypsies. 

I think it's pretty good but I also like British humor which might turn some people off. I figured I give it a try after  Shameless the US version had its final episodes. I binged watched a ton of episodes during the pandemic but when things opened up and other things happened I've been off and on watching. Its a good show to binge watch a few episodes and then if you don't come back to it for a couple days or 2 weeks you can pick up and shortly remember what everything is 

jamny said:
I always wanted to check this out after hearing good things. Does anyone know if Amazon will keep it on for a long time? I'd hate to start it and it gets pulled halfway through.

No clue on it's longevity on the network, but it is 100% worth watching.  Wish I could rewatch it with my wife and son.  Particularly if you research the low budget the first season or two were filmed on, and the improvements that were made as it moved along, the appreciation only grows.  Intriguing, mystifying, tittilating...SUCH a good show.  Top 10 all time for me.

I didn’t even bother with the search function for this, but have we talked about Mr. D (The Gym Teacher) in here yet? I had this song randomly pop back into my life, got curious about the artist in a “Where is he now” kind of way, learned this song became the theme for a Canadian TV show called Mr D, thought the premise looked funny enough and it lasted awhile, saw it was streaming on Amazon Plus, and now I’m 5 minutes into episode 1 and laughing pretty hard. Fun little rabbit hole.

Just wondering if anyone watched it and if it stayed funny. In any event I’ll report back.

I didn’t even bother with the search function for this, but have we talked about Mr. D (The Gym Teacher) in here yet? I had this song randomly pop back into my life, got curious about the artist in a “Where is he now” kind of way, learned this song became the theme for a Canadian TV show called Mr D, thought the premise looked funny enough and it lasted awhile, saw it was streaming on Amazon Plus, and now I’m 5 minutes into episode 1 and laughing pretty hard. Fun little rabbit hole.

Just wondering if anyone watched it and if it stayed funny. In any event I’ll report back.
22 minute update - This is what would happen if Michael Scott was a teacher.

Take it to the Canadian streaming thread

Watched a few episodes of The Last Man on Earth on Hulu, and thought they were pretty funny.  I could see how it would run out of steam and ideas quickly though.  

Watched a few episodes of The Last Man on Earth on Hulu, and thought they were pretty funny.  I could see how it would run out of steam and ideas quickly though.  
Yeah that's kind of what happened, IMO. The first few episodes were hilarious then I began to lose interest. Would have maybe worked better as a limited series. 

Buddy of mine has been hounding me to watch Wentworth now that the final season is on Netflix.  Been following this thread for a while and not sure I've ever seen in mentioned in here.  Anybody in here ever seen it?  He's usually been pretty spot on with his recommendations, but he's the only person I've personally met that's ever seen it...

Just finished The Investigation on HBO.  Swedish show about a murder investigation.  Really enjoyed it as it didn't follow the usual formula for these type of shows.  You never actually see the accused.

Just finished The Investigation on HBO.  Swedish show about a murder investigation.  Really enjoyed it as it didn't follow the usual formula for these type of shows.  You never actually see the accused.
Yeah, I really enjoyed this one even with subtitles. The cliff hanger after each episode really pulled me in.

wlwiles said:
Buddy of mine has been hounding me to watch Wentworth now that the final season is on Netflix.  Been following this thread for a while and not sure I've ever seen in mentioned in here.  Anybody in here ever seen it?  He's usually been pretty spot on with his recommendations, but he's the only person I've personally met that's ever seen it...
WentWorth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  then Orange is the New Black.

Just noticed they added the last part of the last season so need to find time to finish it up. :popcorn:

I tried looking for Battlestar Galactica on Prime, and got rental options.   I will poke more tonight,  but thought that was weird.  

Been off Prime for a few years I think. Syfy is owned by NBC so not surprising that it is on Peacock only now. Stupid streaming wars.

Battlestar Galactica (all seasons) was just released on Prime.  Have always wanted to watch it but could never find it.  

Just finishing season 1.  Love it and totally get why it was so well reviewed at the time. 
You're Canada based right? The rights are different there and outside the US, but glad you are able to finally watch. Great show

Been off Prime for a few years I think. Syfy is owned by NBC so not surprising that it is on Peacock only now. Stupid streaming wars.
I have Peacock too.  Is the series all free, or is it like The Office where you have to have Premium for 1/2 the series?

I have Peacock too.  Is the series all free, or is it like The Office where you have to have Premium for 1/2 the series?
I am not 100% but I think all 4 seasons are free.

There was talk that Peacock was going to create a new BSG series that would not be a reboot but set in the same universe as Ron Moore's series. Haven't heard anything on it in a long while though, I assume COVID delayed development quite a bit like for a lot of shows.

I started “the investigation” on HBO per this thread, not bad but getting used to European mannerisms takes some getting used to. The Danish in particular are just not as expressive as Americans or the English.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished  Squid Game.  Thought it was awesome.  Not sure why people didn't like the ending.  

The show was almost ruined by the VIPs.  The writing and acting of their scenes were horrible.
Just finished it. Yea the acting for most of the series was pretty good but the VIPs were like amateurs playing twirly moustached cartoon villains. 

I too enjoyed the ending. It would be very easy to walk away and live your life but he's actually found a purpose. Will be interesting what they come up with for season 2 (if there is one)

Enjoyed The Harder They Fall on Netflix. 

In some ways, your typical western, but with a little edge to it. 
This was a fun watch.

Idris Elba, Regina King, LaKeith Stanfield

Stylish, with a great soundtrack and cinematography. Some very funny lines.

It does have Tarantino-esque violence so if that turns you off, avoid.

Watched the Netflix series 'Maids' over the last few days.

So, so well-acted and paced...

Based on a true story

Last edited by a moderator:
Just noticed that Battlestar Galactica is on tubi, including the mini-series and Razor, which seems to be important to watch too.

:lol:  I said the same thing to the wife, verbatim

I agree with what you're saying, re the puzzle pieces (artifact kid also was the "lucky" non-nosebleed kid in school). but the writing has been pretty poor with the reliance on hackneyed melodrama tropes... and it persisted each episode. after 1, I got it- Rick Roll is an irredeemable ****. Cheater is selfish, etc, etc. it's needed much better balance in general, but also implementing the invasion part of things, instead of hitting us over the head with the non-important story-lines. 
I totally get what you're saying, and some of the melodramatic stuff is pretty eye-rolling. but Lost had a lot of the same stuff - melodramatic storylines in parallel with unexplained sci-fi weirdness - and people couldn't get enough of it. they ate it up every week.

I think that because of how the world has changed since then, with any information available on-demand at your fingertips and being able to binge watch shows in a single sitting, people don't have the patience for it any more.
feel like we finally got to some Invasion.

interesting that the same week Foundation found it's feet, Invasion did as well. Also interesting that the season is probably mostly done. 

I don't mind a slow build. I actually complained that Fear the walking dead went too quickly past the fall of society into rinse/repeat TWD story-lines. But Invasion in particular has been silly with what story lines its choosing to tell here and how its telling them. I guess I don't mind the slower build to the Invasion part- but its felt cheap because the other stories seem so stupid and pointless in the face of the larger one. And probably that's the point... but it's been a lot of episodes not telling much else. 

hopefully now we're going to get into more of it. 

I only owned about a dozen dvd's but I rarely watch movies more than once. I got rid of them and all my CD's when I moved.
Don't get this part either, but I am aware I am in the minority for probably both, but especially the physical media part.  

Doing stuff like the movie club made it more apparent how limited the streaming model is.  It's fine if you are sitting down and looking for something random.  But if you make a list of 50 movies you specifically want to watch.... 

Don't get this part either, but I am aware I am in the minority for probably both, but especially the physical media part.  

Doing stuff like the movie club made it more apparent how limited the streaming model is.  It's fine if you are sitting down and looking for something random.  But if you make a list of 50 movies you specifically want to watch.... 
With the amazing quality of TV shows nowadays, I watch like 1 movie a week, maybe 2. I have a watchlist in my JustWatch app, so whenever I'm in the mood for a movie, I check it to find where it's streaming and watch it. There's rarely anything I have to see and can't wait.

I would say I'm probably more in the minority by not watching movies again.

This was a fun watch.

Idris Elba, Regina King, LaKeith Stanfield

Stylish, with a great soundtrack and cinematography. Some very funny lines.

It does have Tarantino-esque violence so if that turns you off, avoid.

I thought it was okay, a bit too unrealistic for my taste.  Not my favorite style, but I'm a sucker for the genre...wish there were more classic Westerns like "Open Range" for example.  Obviously really liked Deadwood too as another example of they style of Western I prefer.

With the amazing quality of TV shows nowadays, I watch like 1 movie a week, maybe 2. I have a watchlist in my JustWatch app, so whenever I'm in the mood for a movie, I check it to find where it's streaming and watch it. There's rarely anything I have to see and can't wait.

I would say I'm probably more in the minority by not watching movies again.
We don't agree on much, do we? ;)

I get what you are saying though.  I would say 70% of the time I am fine with it, but there have been many times (looking for ideas for movie club, doing my horror marathon last month, etc)  where I have been unable to find a lot of movies.   Yes, most are available if I rent it, but I really don't want to do that on top of the 6-7 streaming services I have access to.  I use the library way more than I should have to.  

My cousin works for Riot Games and was involved in making the Arcane series. I haven't seen it yet, but it premiered Saturday on Netflix. 

Watched the whole run.  I have terrible sleep patterns.  I wake up somewhere between 2 and 4 am and can't fall back asleep, so I move to the couch and put on a show that is boring enough to fall asleep to, but good enough in case I can't fall asleep.  This was perfect for that.

There are some awesome scenes, but it is not consistently good.

Users who are viewing this thread